Last updated: September 5, 2023
DIGITIMES Inc. gathers personal information for specific, lawful purposes including but not limited to membership management, customer relations, statistical surveys and analyses, and marketing activities as detailed in the company's official registry. This data enables us to better serve our users by defining essential access parameters for clients, and by tailoring content to individual interests, such as suggesting relevant seminars and news articles. We adhere to robust data protection standards to ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the personal information collected.
DIGITIMES Inc. is committed to respecting and safeguarding your privacy. To elucidate how we collect, manage, and utilize your personal information, we've formulated the DIGITIMES Privacy Statement (referred to herein as "this Statement"). We strongly recommend that you read this Statement carefully to understand our data handling practices.
Table of Contents
- Compliance with Data Protection Laws
- Application scope
- Collection and Handling of Personal Data
- Cookie usage and server logs
- Use and Access of Personal Data
- Sharing information with third parties
- Notification Regarding Third Party Services
- Self-protection measures
- Exercise of personal data rights
- Other matters
1. Compliance with Data Protection Laws
The collection, processing, and utilization of users' personal data by DIGITIMES via its website are in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Laws of the Republic of China (Taiwan) and the guidelines set forth in this Statement.
2. Application scope
- Inclusion Criteria: This Statement governs the collection, processing, and usage of your personal data when you engage with DIGITIMES. Examples include registration for seminars or courses, online membership enrollment, subscription to e-newsletters, and the purchase of various publications. It also applies to any feedback or inquiries submitted via phone, fax, or the feedback feature on the DIGITIMES website.
3. Collection and Handling of Personal Data
- Purpose of Collection: When you sign up for a DIGITIMES online membership, you may be asked to provide personal information for identification, service provisioning, and targeted marketing initiatives.
- Types of Data Collected: The categories of personal data we collect may include your identification details (e.g., name, title, address, phone number, email), social preferences (e.g., hobbies, interests, consumer behavior), educational background, professional qualifications, employment information, and other types of data (e.g., automated system tracking data, website messages).
- Optional Data: Any questions marked as optional on the DIGITIMES website aim to collect information that enhances your user experience. Omitting these details will not impair your ability to use our services.
- Data Storage and Security: The personal data you supply will be securely stored within DIGITIMES' databases and will be processed in accordance with our strict standard operating procedures. These processes are overseen by qualified personnel.
- Consequences of Non-Provision: Failure to provide the required personal data may result in an inability to become a DIGITIMES member or access our full range of services. Incomplete or inaccurate data might also limit your user experience.
Protection of Minors:
- We do not intentionally collect personal information from minors under the age of 18, or as mandated by applicable law, without parental or guardian consent.
- If you are a minor, ensure that you have obtained your guardian's consent before submitting any information. We will proceed only after verifying that guardian consent has been secured. Guardians may revoke consent and request modifications, access, or deletions at any time.
4. Cookie usage and server logs
- Statistical Analysis: The information we collect through cookies is used solely for statistical analysis to improve our website, products, services, and advertising content. This data is not tied to your personal information.
- Scope of Information: It's important to note that the cookie enables our web server to track only your activities related to the DIGITIMES website; it does not record your browsing history on other websites.
- Cookie Preferences: If you prefer not to accept cookies, you can disable them through your browser settings. However, doing so may restrict your access to certain features and services offered on our website.
5. Use and Access of Personal Data
- Data Security Measures: DIGITIMES is committed to using your personal data solely for specific, lawful purposes and takes robust administrative, technical, and physical measures to protect it. We strive to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction of your data, as well as loss, theft, or misuse.
- Purpose of Data Use: DIGITIMES may utilize your personal data for various purposes, including but not limited to:
Data Retention, Location, and Disclosure
- Unless otherwise specified, we will retain your personal data for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by law.
- Your data will be stored on DIGITIMES' primary servers, relevant web/hosting servers, and locations where our services and products are distributed or marketed.
- Your data may be accessed by DIGITIMES, its affiliates, subsidiaries, and trusted external organizations with whom we conduct business, including service vendors and co-marketing partners.
- You have the right to request the deletion of your personal data. However, once deleted, you will lose access to the services we provide.
6. Sharing information with third parties
- We will not provide, exchange, rent, or sell any of your personal data to other persons or entities, and we strictly prohibit the private use of such personal data by our internal staff unless there is another legal basis or contractual obligation to do so. This provision includes but is not limited to:
- Compliance with applicable laws, regulations, legal processes or government enforcement orders.
- In the event that your actions on the DIGITIMES website violate DIGITIMES' Terms of Service or may harm or prejudice DIGITIMES' rights or cause damage to any person, DIGITIMES may assess the need to disclose your personal information as necessary to identify, contact or take legal action against you.
- To protect DIGITIMES, its users or related organizations from harm to their rights, property, or safety, as required by law or to the extent legally possible.
- If DIGITIMES collects personal data jointly with other companies, we will fulfil our obligation to provide personal data after we have obtained your consent.
7. Notification Regarding Third Party Services
DIGITIMES incorporates Google Analytics and Google Ads (collectively referred to as "Google Services"), Microsoft Clarity, Meta, X (formerly Twitter) to enhance the quality of our offerings.
8. Self-protection measures
- Safeguarding Your Information: It's crucial to keep your password and personal details secure. Do not disclose any sensitive information, especially passwords, to anyone. Make sure to log out of your account after utilizing your membership services. If you're using a shared or public computer, don't forget to close your browser to prevent unauthorized access to your personal data.
- Forums and Message Boards: If you participate in forums or message boards associated with DIGITIMES, please be aware that any personal information you share will be visible to other users. This information can be read, collected, or used by others and will become public information. While DIGITIMES doesn't control your decision to disclose personal details, we cannot be held responsible for any consequences resulting from such disclosure.
9. Exercise of personal data rights
- Managing Your Information: As a user of DIGITIMES services, you have the ability to update or modify your personal information and password at any time after logging into your account. We strive to maintain accurate, complete, and up-to-date records to better serve you with our products and services.
- Submitting Requests: Should you find that our website does not adequately address your needs in exercising your personal data rights, you are welcome to send a request for further action to us.
- In addition to updating your information, you also have the right to request the deletion of your personal data and account by sending an email to email@example.com. Upon receiving and verifying your request, DIGITIMES will take appropriate action within 7 business days, unless there are specific exceptions under law or regulation.
10. Other matters
- Specialized Privacy Provisions: This statement does not negate the applicability of any more detailed or specific privacy provisions that may exist for particular DIGITIMES services.
- Acceptance of Updated Terms: The revised Privacy Statement will become effective on the date it is amended. By continuing to use our services, you consent to the terms outlined in this statement.
- Notification of Policy Changes: In the event of significant changes to this Privacy Statement, we will immediately update it on our website or notify you through the email address associated with your DIGITIMES account. For minor changes, we may not send out notifications, so it is your responsibility to regularly review this Privacy Statement for updates.