Tatung introduces elio P810 MP3 player

Kevin Hsu, Taipei; Adam Hwang, DIGITIMES Asia

Tatung recently introduced its elio P810 HDD-based (hard disk drive) MP3 player to the Taiwan market, and plans to introduce the product under its own-brand to the Europe market, as well as seeking ODM orders from the US, according to the company.

The P810 has dimensions of 59x96x17mm and weighs 96 grams. The device features a 1.6-inch color TFT screen, a USB 2.0 connection port, a 4GB HDD and is powered by a standard handset lithium-battery. The elio P810 will be priced at NT$8,990 (US$287) in Taiwan.

Tatung aims to ship 300,000-350,000 MP3 players and 50,000-100,000 PMPs (portable multi-media players) this year, the company indicated. Only 20% of its shipments will be own-brand, with the other 80% being ODM sales.

Tatung elio P810