- 9 Jul 2014:Tata Power & Reliance Power bet big on renewable energy, to spend Rs 1,500 cr each (July 8) - Economic TimesTwo of the country's largest power producers Tata PowerBSE -1.52 % and Reliance PowerBSE -1.14 % are betting big on renewable energy and will spend about Rs 1,500 crore each on clean energy projects this fiscal.
- According to the federal U.S. Energy Information Administration, a whopping 67 percent of our electricity comes from fossil fuel sources, including 39 percent from coal. Conversely, renewable energy makes up a measly 13 percent, with hydropower taking the major lead.
- 3 Jul 2014:Sweden's renewable energy support scheme is compatible with European Union law, the EU's top court said on Tuesday, in a ruling that means member states will avoid a radical overhaul of their renewable energy laws.
- Real energy independence is freeing ourselves from the addiction to the fossil fuels which are destroying our environment and leaving our economy a hostage to events beyond our borders.
- 30 Jun 2014:The country is currently experiencing a glut of energy, thanks to the recent openings of new coal power stations (which were commissioned back when electricity was in short supply) as well as record levels of renewable generation -- especially solar.
- Annual bill for consumers to subsidise renewable technologies has soared to more than £2.5bn as more plants are built and the cost for each unit of electricity rises.
- 27 Jun 2014:Germany proposes higher green-energy surcharge on industrial companies (June 24) - The Wall Street JournalGermany on Tuesday proposed that industrial companies generating their own electricity pay a higher surcharge than previously planned, as the country seeks to keep costs for renewable energy under control and overcome objections from the European Commission.
- Spending watchdog criticises ministers over £16 billion renewable energy deals (June 27) - The GuardianA parliamentary spending watchdog warns today that the government may have handed benefits to corporate power providers at the expense of consumers by awarding £16.6bn of renewable energy contracts without putting them out to competitive tender.
- Denmark will establish a nearly $1 billion green fund to attract private capital to reducing energy consumption, fund renewable energy projects and provide a boost to the nation's job sector, the country's finance minister said on Wednesday.
- 23 Jun 2014:Shrinking the options for green energy is probably not what the leaders of the State of California have in mind. But that may be what's happening.
- America's Department of Defense has set a bold goal to generate a quarter of its power from renewable energy sources by 2025.
- 20 Jun 2014:Renewable energy naysayers like Robert Bryce ("Dreaming the Impossible Green Dream," op-ed, June 12) ignore the most productive renewable technology (as does most public policy), solar thermal.
- 17 Jun 2014:Tata Power recently crossed the milestone of 500MW renewable energy capacity with the commissioning of solar plant at Palaswadi in Maharashtra.
- Currently, Germany is in the process of backtracking from overly generous subsidies for renewables because they've resulted in skyrocketing electricity prices and increased carbon emissions.
- 26 May 2014:Countries around the world are showing increased interest in developing solar energy but perhaps none is more unusual than Saudi Arabia, which exports more oil than any other nation.
- For incoming Prime Minister Narendra Modi, securing India's energy needs over the next decade ranks among his greatest challenges and one that will likely see him both compete and cooperate with China, the United States and Russia.
- 23 May 2014:The Narendra Modi government is likely to harness solar power and give a fillip to development of offshore wind energy so as to provide electricity to every household in the near future, industry officials said today.
- 20 May 2014:
- India's new government led by Narendra Modi plans to harness solar power to enable every home to run at least one light bulb by 2019, a party official said.
- I interviewed Harry Forbes about whether it makes sense for companies with warehouses to invest in solar energy. Harry is a colleague at the ARC Advisory Group and is our expert on electric power, renewable energy, and energy management. I spoke with him about the prospects for solar energy as applied to warehouses.
- 13 May 2014:Shares in Japanese electronics maker Sharp rose as much as 7.7% to 279 yen on the Tokyo Stock Exchange on Tuesday after it swung back to profit.
- 6 May 2014:Britain has already approved enough renewable energy projects to hit its EU targets, rendering all 1,000 projects still in the planning system surplus to requirements, new analysis claims.
- 21 Apr 2014:
- 17 Apr 2014:
- 15 Apr 2014:Stop investing in dirty fossil fuels and rapidly shift to renewable energy to prevent dangerous climate change - this was the message from Sunday's long-awaited UN report from the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.
- Abengoa Solar: Obama's green energy projects fail, even when they are successful (April 15) - Daily CallerAfter a public meeting on Tuesday, April 15 in Palm Desert, California, the California Energy Commission (CEC) will vote, on Wednesday, in Sacramento on whether or not to re-permit a 500-megawatt solar thermal project that has been on hold since December.
- 14 Apr 2014:A long-awaited UN report on how to curb climate change says the world must rapidly move away from carbon-intensive fuels.
- 8 Apr 2014:The United Nations Environment Programme has today unveiled a major report on global green energy investment for 2013 - BusinessGreen highlights its key findings.
- Renewable energy is generating a greater share of the world's electricity than ever before, as costs fall and profitability rises, according to a report released Monday.
- 25 Mar 2014:German company gives boost to offshore wind industry with £160m investment.
- Super tough trees will grow in Moroccan Desert to produce green energy (Mar 23) - International Bussiness TimesA biotech company has invented a new hybrid tree that grows at record speed on barren land, and can be used to create clean energy.
- 18 Mar 2014:Germany's energy policy is expensive, harmful and short-sighted (March 16) - Financial Times (via MSNBC)Berlin is failing the poor while protecting neither security nor the climate, writes Bjorn Lomborg.
- Yingli Green Energy will release its quarterly report on Tuesday, and investors hope that the Chinese solar company can follow in the footsteps of peers Trina Solar and JinkoSolar in topping its expectations.
- 14 Mar 2014:Calif. green energy fails to fill void left by closed nuclear plant; regulators seek new options (Mar 13) - Washington PostCalifornia regulators Thursday approved a plan for two utilities to develop replacement power to help fill the void left by the closure of the San Onofre nuclear power plant, but environmentalists warned it could open the way for more dirty energy.
- 11 Mar 2014:Europe could save ??60bn in avoided fuel import costs, if it ramped up its 2030 renewable energy target by just three percentage points, according to a new industry analysis that urges member states to strengthen the EU's proposed new climate package.
- Oregon's deep blue sea is poised to be a new testing ground for green energy, as advanced technology has entrepreneurs lining up to try to harness the Pacific's wind and waves.
- 7 Mar 2014:A commission of experts appointed by the German parliament has recommended Chancellor Angela Merkel's government to abolish all subsidies for green energy, highlighting mounting opposition to plans to reform instead of scrap the system.
- What's happening in Kansas could be happening in your state. It's not completely clear that the efforts to rollback the statewide renewable energy requirements there - and in 16 other states - will succeed. But it is obvious that, nationally, the tax preference given to renewables is fading.
- 4 Mar 2014:Amtech Systems, a supplier of production and automation systems and related supplies for the manufacture of solar cells, semiconductors, and sapphire and silicon wafers, has received approximately US$10 million in new solar orders.
- Deal will make TSMC Solar's 'CIGS' modules available across North America.
- Accumulating comprehensive smart living achievements, Tatung is devoted to building smart green communities
- Tatung stands out at 2016 Smart City Summit & Expo with its three top Smart Living accomplishments
- BIG SUN iPV Solar Tracker provides high reliability and high profit
- BIG SUN and SAS sign iPV Solar Tracker exclusive distribution agreement for Germany and Italy
- Brand new fuel cell ferry in full service
- Perforce Software Wins Develop Industry Excellence Award for the Second Year in a Row
- Perforce Teams with Leading Git Client Developer fournova
- Perforce Introduces Helix GitSwarm: Flexible Git Ecosystem Mirrored to a Powerful Mainline Repository
- Perforce Helix Distributed Version Control System Brings Greater Flexibility While Maintaining Enterprise-class Security, Auditability and Control
- Perforce Powers Development of Legacy Quest for iOS and Android
The US government is reviewing anti-dumping tariffs imposed on China and Taiwan solar firms since December 2014.
The 2015 Photonics Festival in Taiwan is taking place in Taipei during June 16-18, with more than 500 exhibitors showcasing the latest optoelectronics...
Big firms from other sectors are also playing the PV game
The solar energy market is recovering.
Taiwan-based crystalline silicon solar cell makers have been impacted by the US imposing an average...
Digitimes recently interviewed Bert Gyselinckx, general manager of the Holst Centre in Eindhoven, to...
Digitimes recently spoke with Karen Lightman, the executive director of MEMS Industry Group (MIG),...
GaAs solar material maker Alta Devices boasts solar cells with an efficiency of 28.8%, but perhaps...