- 19 Nov 2013:America's energy use poses threats to national security on numerous fronts.
- Goan panel satisfied with German waste treatment technology: Deputy CM (November 19) - Times of IndiaThe 38-member Goan delegation that visited three European countries on a study tour of garbage treatment plants there "felt good about the technologies", especially the German technology, and believe it can be replicated in Goa.
- 15 Nov 2013:China will open its energy conservation and environment protection industries to foreign and private investment, state media reported Friday, quoting comments by premier Li Keqiang made at a meeting in Beijing.
- Although a phaseout of nuclear energy in Germany had been planned before Fukushima, Merkel decided to speed up the shuttering of the nine remaining reactors by about a decade, to 2022.
- 29 Oct 2013:As of October 9, a total of 47 sites with a total generating capacity of 37.8MW have been seized representing approximately 26.9% of GSF's total generating capacity.
- 25 Oct 2013:Austriansolar Chile Uno SpA, a Chilean renewable-energy developer, plans to build a US$216 million PV-power plant in Chile's northern Atacama desert.
- We need to stop paying for incredibly expensive green energy, and make sure it gets cheaper as fast as possible, otherwise huge amounts of money will be wasted on doing nothing, Bjorn Lomborg, a professor at Copenhagen Business School, told RT.
- 22 Oct 2013:China solar energy: Executives were arrested Aug. 26 for 'fraudulent acts' (October 21) - The Wall Street JournalA small solar-equipment manufacturer is the latest company in China to be swept up in a nationwide anticorruption drive.
- It is especially unfortunate the Hinkley Point overhaul is being done in a manner that demanded so much haggling.
- 21 Oct 2013:The world's solar energy industry has been steadily advancing since Bell Labs invented the world's first modern solar cell in 1954.
- Mimicking the iconic design of Lego blocks, an international team of scientists discovered a better way to harvest the sun's energy.
- China Solar Energy Holdings, the solar panel maker that's lost 93% of its market value since 2007, said its chairman and two directors have been detained by Chinese authorities on allegations of fraud.
- Wind farms are in the wrong place, says Energy Minister (October 20) - telegraph.com.uk (USE Daily Telegraph (UK))Energy Minister Greg Barker has said on-shore wind farms have turned public opinion against renewable energy.
- 18 Oct 2013:California is fighting fossil fuels by forcing utilities to store green energy (October 17) - QuartzIt has not been a good time to own a carbon-spewing power plant in California and today it just got worse. Regulators have approved a first-in-the-nation rule requiring the state's three big utilities to obtain technology to store 1,325 megawatts (MW) of electricity from wind, solar and other renewable but intermittent sources of energy by 2020.
- Renewable Energy Generation Ltd. (WIND), a developer of low-carbon assets that's backed by BlackRock Inc. (BLK), may invest 300 million pounds (US$478 million) in onshore wind, solar and bio-energy projects over the next three to four years.
- ZTE is working with governments and enterprises across 15 African countries, including Ethiopia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique and Niger, to deploy the use of renewable solar energy.
- 15 Oct 2013:Robots, surprisingly low-tech machines that a start-up company called Alion Energy is betting can automate the installation and maintenance of large-scale solar farms.
- Investment in clean technology for UK has risen to £1.6bn, but sector remains under pressure amid growing energy bills.
- When Ed Miliband, leader of the UK's opposition Labour party, promised in September to freeze energy prices if he won the country's next general election, it caught Britain's business elite by surprise.
- 30 Sep 2013:Tax credits for the production of wind power and other renewable energy sources face expiration at year's end amid few signs Congress will decide to continue them, tax lobbyists and other analysts say.
- 40 years after a Mideast oil embargo decimated the U.S., the country is awash in new supplies of energy, from oil to natural gas to solar. But that abundance could make fighting climate change harder.
- Ikea is to sell solar panels at its British stores for the first time in an attempt to tap growth in the heavily subsidised green energy market.
- 27 Sep 2013:If Miliband wants to beat the Big Six and deliver energy price freeze promise, he must fix his party's broken policies first.
- A new Greenpeace report says that by 2050 green energy could account for 70% of the electricity generation for the 10 countries comprising the Association of Southeast Asian Nations.
- 26 Sep 2013:Wind power is no longer an insignificant energy source in the United States. Turbines across the country provided 4 percent of the nation's electricity last year - enough to power half of Mexico.
- German Fraunhofer Institute for Solar Energy Systems, Soitec, CEA-Leti and the Helmholtz Center Berlin announced the development of 44.7 percent efficiency solar cell.
- 24 Sep 2013:SolarCity (SCTY), an IPO back in December 2012, has pioneered the US solar installation marketplace. But with competition rising and the company still working toward profitability, it's been looking for new ways to boost its customer count.
- Despite having one of the hottest summers on record and taking nuclear power stations offline, Japan has had no power rationing or blackouts this year. How did they do it? They cut back.
- First Wind Holdings agreed to sell 333 megawatts of capacity from two Maine projects to Massachusetts utilities.
- A solar-energy group is offering a plan to resolve a trade dispute between the US and China, saying import duties currently in place are crippling the industry in both nations.
- 23 Sep 2013:India To Build World's Largest Solar Power Plant In Rajasthan (Sep 21) - International Bussiness TimesThe Indian government will set up the world's largest solar power plant in its northwestern state of Rajasthan and the venture is expected to significantly reduce solar power taxes in the country.
- Stake holders, experts and state level policy makers are seeking reforms must to facilitate growth of solar energy sector up to its potential.
- 17 Sep 2013:
- 12 Sep 2013:Solar panels are the next granite countertops: an amenity for new homes that's becoming a standard option for buyers in U.S. markets.
- 10 Sep 2013:China's government will continue to support its solar sector, upping its domestic capacity target in order to boost local demand and reduce its dependence on foreign markets. But Zhun Ma, Lux Research analyst and the report's lead author, said the government's plan to install 35 GW of new solar capacity by 2015 is the upper limit rather than a fixed target.
- Makers of alternative energy cars are revving up their China efforts. Global brands such as BMW and Mercedes-Benz are targeting electrics, while a newer name, Tesla--is also jockeying for position.
- 6 Sep 2013:Wind Farms And House Values: How Does The Renewable Energy Source Affect Real Estate Prices? (Sep 4) - Huffington PostA US study has found that wind farm developments do not lower house values, a concern often flagged in objections to planning applications, but bigger less easily measured concerns remain.
- Bipartisan U.S. legislation to allow renewable-energy companies to use a type of partnership structure popular with oil and gas drillers has been stalled by debate over a green-energy tax credit.
- If Germany's green energy revolution - the "energiewende" - proceeds as planned, the price of electricity in Germany will increase by upwards of 20%, according to government estimates.
- 3 Sep 2013:A new Energy Department study conducted by the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) indicates that by 2025 wind and solar power electricity generation could become cost-competitive without federal subsidies, if new renewable energy development occurs in the most productive locations.
- BIG SUN and SAS sign iPV Solar Tracker exclusive distribution agreement for Germany and Italy
- Brand new fuel cell ferry in full service
- Armed with strong system integration capabilities, Tatung launches smart green building solutions
- Heraeus Photovoltaics consolidates research and development in US
- Heraeus Photovoltaics features SOL9620 Series and the SOL9621 Series at Intersolar N.A. 2014
The 2015 Photonics Festival in Taiwan is taking place in Taipei during June 16-18, with more than 500 exhibitors showcasing the latest optoelectronics...
Big firms from other sectors are also playing the PV game
The solar energy market is recovering.
Latest developments in PV pricing.
Taiwan-based crystalline silicon solar cell makers have been impacted by the US imposing an average...
Digitimes recently interviewed Bert Gyselinckx, general manager of the Holst Centre in Eindhoven, to...
Digitimes recently spoke with Karen Lightman, the executive director of MEMS Industry Group (MIG),...
GaAs solar material maker Alta Devices boasts solar cells with an efficiency of 28.8%, but perhaps...