- 20 Mar 2015:Universal Display currently has a Zacks Rank #3 (Hold) while its Earnings ESP is 0.00%.
- 17 Mar 2015:Retina MacBook Pro users complain of anti-reflective display coating wearing off (Mar 16) - Mac RumorsA growing number of users have turned to the Apple Support Communities, MacRumors discussion forums and Facebook in recent weeks to voice their complaints about the anti-reflective coating on Retina MacBook Pros becoming stained or wearing off.
- After nearly a decade of promoting 3D as the next great thing in television, most of the industry has moved on to promoting 4K, richer color, flatter screens, and clever applications instead.
- 13 Mar 2015:Here, in the first of a monthly series (which might become more frequent if the 4K movement REALLY starts to get its act together), are some of the 4K-related technology highlights from the past few weeks.
- On 19 January, Samsung applied to the Korean Intellectual Property Office to trademark the names - "Super UHD OLED"; "Ultra Super OLED"; "Samsung Super Ultra OLED"; "Ultra OLED"; and "Super UHD".
- 11 Mar 2015:Loss-making Sharp has asked a domestic corporate turnaround fund to invest up to US$250 million in capital - aid which would come on top of plans to tap its two main lenders for a second major bailout, a source said on Friday.
- Sharp is not considering merging its troubled display business with rival Japan Display Inc, an executive said on Tuesday, adding that the unit had a technological advantage over its competitors.
- 10 Mar 2015:As of this writing, Universal Display stock has climbed 13% over the past week, capped by a 6.3% pop on Thursday. Better yet, those who purchased Universal Display at the start of 2015 are currently sitting on a tidy 40% gain:
- 9 Mar 2015:Japan Display said that it would build a new US$1.4 billion liquid crystal display (LCD) manufacturing plant, which a source said would supply smartphone screens for Apple.
- 6 Mar 2015:Printable organic LED technology could be used to enable large-scale patterned and flexible light-emitting surfaces for advertising displays, as well as transparent smart surfaces to be attached to windows or packaging.
- While OLED's self-emissive technology makes it a stellar option for black reproduction and motion clarity, it might not be capable of delivering the same sorts of brightness you can get from LED-driven LCD TVs.
- 5 Mar 2015:Get out of my screens and into my car. Visa wants to make it possible for you to order food on a heads-up display while driving and then pick it up and pay for it without ever leaving your vehicle.
- 3 Mar 2015:Now a new study from a team of researchers in California and Japan shows that OLEDs made with finely patterned structures can produce bright, low-power light sources, a key step toward making organic lasers.
- EPIC requested the FTC stop Samsung and other companies from intercepting private communication via TV sets.
- 2 Mar 2015:Pricing and availability for Sony's 2015 lineup of 4K TVs has leaked, targeting a release date of May for all of the models and prices from $1,300 up to $8,000.
- South Korea's LG Electronics Inc said on Tuesday it plans to partner with Chinese and Japanese firms in a bid to make organic light-emitting diode (OLED) display televisions more mainstream.
- 25 Feb 2015:Pixel problems: Living with a 5K monitor is not all that's cracked up to be (Feb 240 - Digital TrendsThe first problem any Windows user with a 5K display will run into is hooking it up.
- It's the year when smart TVs get even smarter thanks to advancing operating systems. We've seen LG webOS, Android TV used in Philips sets, Tizen for Samsung, and now Firefox OS makes its way to the latest Panasonic 4K TVs.
- The Netherlands-based firm is already in discussions with several potential buyers.
- 24 Feb 2015:LG plans to double the number of models it offers featuring the still nascent technology.
- In advance of official pricing information from LG, two vendors are showing identical online pricing for the company's highly anticipated 2015 OLED TVs. As expected they're extremely expensive.
- Sony has said it will spin off its video-and-audio business into a separate company as part of a three-year plan to return to profit.
- 13 Feb 2015:South Korea's Samsung Display has unveiled plans to invest $3.6 billion into making organic light-emitting diode (OLED) panels to support the company's parent Samsung Electronics Co Ltd aims to boost components sales to offset weaker smartphone earnings.
- Called YIELDjet, Kateeva's technology platform is a massive version of an inkjet printer.
- 11 Feb 2015:Just days after its TV voice recognition software came under fire for invading privacy, Samsung users are reporting unwanted Pepsi ads appearing while they watch their Smart TVs.
- 9 Feb 2015:Some say OLED is the future but is it really much different than LCDs?
- Let's go to another room so that the telly can't hear us! Samsung's smart TVs don't just respond to your spoken commands now - they also tell a third party what you're saying while you sit in from of them.
- 6 Feb 2015:Japanese electronics maker Sharp Corp said a sale of any of its overseas factories was not under consideration currently, after a report said it planned to sell its TV manufacturing plant in Mexico next year.
- 3 Feb 2015:NBC announced on Monday that the Patriots 28-24 last second victory over the Seattle Seahawks drew an average audience of 114.4 million viewers. This makes Super Bowl XLIX the most watched broadcast in U.S. TV history.
- 29 Jan 2015:So for at least the next couple of years, you'll be playing your 4K video off a hard drive or disc, or you'll get it from the Internet or your cable company in a heavily compressed form (that is, it will use less data to describe each frame of the picture, with some sacrifice in quality).
- The penetration of Chinese and Japanese firms into the global OLED display market, which is dominated by Korean companies, is threatening Korean industry.
- Flexible displays have still yet to appear en masse, despite many of the biggest tech companies spending lots of time and money developing them.
- Toshiba said Thursday that it would stop making and selling TVs for the North America market amid stiff price competition.
- 27 Jan 2015:No 3D TVs were shown at CES. The industry is counting on 4k and 8k instead.
- A sports bar is a great place to watch the big game. But if you're buying a TV for your Super Bowl party at home, Consumer Reports has complete buying advice. Its testers say a screen that's at least 50 inches or larger is a good size for a crowd.
- 26 Jan 2015:It has been all the hype for the past few years at CES, and it can now be found in any store selling televisions.
- 20 Jan 2015:The first thing to know is quantum-dot televisions are a new type of LED-backlit LCD TV. The image is created just like it is on an LCD screen, but quantum-dot technology enhances the color.
- LG's Art Slim 4K OLED took the prize, boasting the beauty of OLED technology, 4K resolutions and a handful of sizes set to go on sale in 2015.
- 15 Jan 2015:A Korean LCD panel maker is in danger of factory shutdowns after being sold to a foreign firm. There is growing criticism about companies that take technologies away from newly-purchased firms without any kind of investment.
- 14 Jan 2015:Hold onto your hats, Universal Display investors, because the Apple rumor mill is heating up again. Only this time, the news involves the iPhone 7 and has multiple reports supporting the story.
- The rise of new enter in touch industry, TOI introduce large size IC to the market
- The Fortrend OGS received U.S. Patent Certificate
- Celebrate the 2014 FIFA World Cup with Digital Signage
- Touch-Controlled Living - Digital Technologies Transform the Face of Traditional Industries
- The incredible anti-germ performance of Fortrend Liquid Diamond
- LSI completes acquisition of SandForce
- Fujitsu introduces ARROWS Z ISW11F au smartphone
- PSCo Technical Distribution partners with Matrox to offer fully integrated turnkey video walls
- Digital Signage Expo 2012 opens conference registration
- Subkarma invited OPTOTECH to take part in the '2011 Taipei World Design Expo'
- Digitimes Research: Dell high-end LCD monitors may be 24-, 27-inch models
- Is Quantum Dot the next big thing for the TV market?
- Digitimes Research: Holitech to become 2nd-largest touch panel maker in China after acquisitions
- Digitimes Research: Taiwan on-cell touch panel shipments to see strong growth, yet offer little profit
- Digitimes Research: Samsung, LG outsource TV orders to ODMs to secure panel supply
Ultra HD is now the industry name for "4K" resolution
LCD TV makers are responding to the challenge of OLED, with quantum dot (QD) technology, curved screens and other innovations. In order to boost consumer...
4K TVs continue to grow strong in the market and are expected to more than double in 2015. Panel makers and TV vendors alike are eying opportunities...
Touch Taiwan 2014 to be held in Taipei from August 27-29.
Compal Electronics was one of the pioneers that relocated its major production base to China from Taiwan...
Sales of handsets in the India market reached 61.07 million units in the first quarter of 2014, with...
With increasing competition from AMOLED, TFT LCD display manufacturers are beginning to look to quantum...
Historically, Computex has played a key role in the global IT ecosystem, complementing other tradeshows...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...
- A glimpse into the e-book reader market - May 2010
In 2008, worldwide e-book reader shipments totaled only 700,000 units, according to Digitimes Research. But demand exploded in 2009 as consumer interests grew...
- Overview of LCD TV market - May 2010
When the economic recession hit at the end of 2008, the LCD TV market seemed to be heading toward a doomsday scenario in 2009; however, demand turned out to be...
- Large-size LCD panel overview - Jun 2007
Global large-size LCD panel market revenues are expected to increase at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 12.5% to US$96.2 billion by 2011, up from US$53.5...