- 26 Jan 2015:It has been all the hype for the past few years at CES, and it can now be found in any store selling televisions.
- 20 Jan 2015:The first thing to know is quantum-dot televisions are a new type of LED-backlit LCD TV. The image is created just like it is on an LCD screen, but quantum-dot technology enhances the color.
- LG's Art Slim 4K OLED took the prize, boasting the beauty of OLED technology, 4K resolutions and a handful of sizes set to go on sale in 2015.
- 15 Jan 2015:A Korean LCD panel maker is in danger of factory shutdowns after being sold to a foreign firm. There is growing criticism about companies that take technologies away from newly-purchased firms without any kind of investment.
- 14 Jan 2015:Hold onto your hats, Universal Display investors, because the Apple rumor mill is heating up again. Only this time, the news involves the iPhone 7 and has multiple reports supporting the story.
- Nitrogen. 100 years ago it revolutionized agriculture. Kateeva now hopes to use it to change the market for big screen TVs.
- A tragic gas leak at one of LG's domestic OLED TV panel plants this week might have some big ramifications for the TV market.
- South Korea's labour ministry has ordered LG Display to halt operations of an organic light-emitting diode (OLED) panel production line following a nitrogen gas leak
- 13 Jan 2015:Sony CEO Kazuo Hirai has weathered a crisis over a cyberattack on its Hollywood studio and its controversial comedy "The Interview", but his toughest moment may be just arriving as he prepares a new business revival plan.
- 9 Jan 2015:True, 4K TVs are not worse than normal HD TVs, the way the supposedly earthshaking TVs of a few years ago - 3D TVs - were. That "innovation" was just a mass hallucination by everyone in the industry, and it threatened to make watching TV unpleasant. Fortunately, 3D died a quick death.
- Panasonic intends to release its first curved LED LCD TVs this year, which will probably make an appearance at its European Convention next month.
- 6 Jan 2015:Sharp aims to sell its latest, super high-definition TVs later this year at a "reasonable price," a senior executive said, as the company tries to stay ahead of other consumer electronics makers offering 4K TVs.
- Sony Goes All In with Android TV - All 2015 Bravia TV's to run Android TV (Jan 5) - Andorid AuthorityCES has kinda been all about Android TV today. We saw Sharp and Philips announce that their TV's will be running on Android TV, and to cap off the day Sony will also have all of their Bravia TV's in 2015 with Android TV.
- Televised sports are the biggest reason cable and satellite customers don't cancel their subscriptions for online alternatives, surveys show. That gives cable and satellite companies little incentive to stream games online.
- Samsung Electronics CEO and President BK Yoon envisions an interconnected "Internet of Things," in which everything from your bed to your refrigerator gathers and analyzes data that improves consumers' lives.
- 5 Jan 2015:The next big thing for 2015, we'll likely be told at CES, will be the quantum dot TV.
- LG Electronics will open an era of OLED TVs in 2015 by strengthening its lineup of the products.
- As much as we like LG's impressive OLED displays, the price has always been a problem. Dropping from $15,000 retail to $3,500 was impressive, but the company knows it will have to do better than that for any kind of mass appeal.
- 31 Dec 2014:In a surprising twist of events, LG has revealed that it will be showing off some new TVs at CES 2015.
- LG has two curved 21:9 displays on tap for CES as well, with one measuring 34 inches. That model, the 34UC97, packs a Quad HD resolution of 3,440 x 1,440 and 178-degree viewing angle, taking aim at professional designers, photographers and video pros needing more screen space and Thunderbolt 2 chops.
- A lot can change in 12 months. In the technology world, a year is practically a lifetime - but TechTalk is looking to 2015 to dig out the top tech vf trends to look out for.
- 30 Dec 2014:At CES 2015, LG Display will showcase its Art Slim LED LCD TVs, which measure as little as 7.5mm in depth, rivaling the slimness of OLED TVs.
- LG's 2015 lineup of 4K LCD TVs, to be debuted at CES 2015, encompasses nine series. The company is touting its ColorPrime branding, which includes models with Quantum Dot as well as others with Wide Color LED technology.
- With Christmas done and the new year upon us, technology fans will be starting to feel that familiar quickening of the pulse that heralds the arrival of the vast Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.
- 29 Dec 2014:2015 will be the year of more: more 4K everything, more price drops, and more bang for our buck. Here's what you can expect in the coming year.
- 4K and OLED televisions have been all the rage in 2014, with manufacturers releasing a number of screens which include the exciting tech.
- 18 Dec 2014:Many users can't make the move to 4K because of their system's video output. The latest Intel HD4400/4600 graphics technically support 3,840 x 2,160 at 60Hz, but not all systems with Intel HD 4000 Graphics have the DisplayPort output needed to carry the signal.
- Sony's latest answer to Google Glass, the Single-Lens Display Module links to smartphones.
- 17 Dec 2014:For the last few years 4K "Ultra HD" televisions have been displayed at CES, but in 2015 they'll dominate -- not just on the show floor, but on showroom floors everywhere throughout the year.
- Specifically, LG says that the quantum dot TVs will offer "a wider color palette and improved color saturation than conventional LCD TVs."
- 11 Dec 2014:Electrochemical processing method improves success rate of manufacturing OLED displays - Business LineA Korean research team has successfully developed a technology to promise an ultra-high resolution OLED display, which are acknowledged to be next-gen displays, through a production conversion process. -
- 10 Dec 2014:Given the amount of confusion surrounding 4K connections right now, it's great to find that the 55AX900 is as bang up to date as it could be.
- In OLED systems, the process is simplified. Each subpixel organically produces its own light, thereby dispensing of the need for a backlight. This comes with several added benefits such as lighter weight, flexibility and transparency.
- TCL sold 1.4 million LCD TVs in November, down 23.8%.
- 9 Dec 2014:When Universal Display signed a long-term license agreement with Samsung Display in mid-2011, its stock understandably skyrocketed in response.
- LG has refocused on bringing OLED screens to market, forming a dedicated division exclusively focused on the display format.
- 3 Dec 2014:Should you buy a 4K TV this year? Short answer? Nope. Long answer... maybe.
- 2 Dec 2014:For today only, Microsoft has slashed $200 off the price of the Dell 28-inch Ultra HD 4K (3840 x 2160) display. Normally retailing for $500, for Cyber Monday this is only US$300.
- Amazon is adding a late entry to this year's Cyber Monday extravaganza. The online retailer just announced the Fire TV set-top streaming box will go on sale Monday afternoon for $69, $30 off the sticker price.
- 1 Dec 2014:Soon - he said - they'll give you your TV hardware for free. It will be paid for by targeted advertising.
- The rise of new enter in touch industry, TOI introduce large size IC to the market
- The Fortrend OGS received U.S. Patent Certificate
- Celebrate the 2014 FIFA World Cup with Digital Signage
- Touch-Controlled Living - Digital Technologies Transform the Face of Traditional Industries
- The incredible anti-germ performance of Fortrend Liquid Diamond
- LSI completes acquisition of SandForce
- Fujitsu introduces ARROWS Z ISW11F au smartphone
- PSCo Technical Distribution partners with Matrox to offer fully integrated turnkey video walls
- Digital Signage Expo 2012 opens conference registration
- Subkarma invited OPTOTECH to take part in the '2011 Taipei World Design Expo'
- Digitimes Research: Holitech to become 2nd-largest touch panel maker in China after acquisitions
- Digitimes Research: Taiwan on-cell touch panel shipments to see strong growth, yet offer little profit
- Digitimes Research: Samsung, LG outsource TV orders to ODMs to secure panel supply
- Digitimes Research: Ultra HD BD players not likely to be available until end of 2015
- Digitimes Research: Samsung, LG, Panasonic bent on competing against Android TV
Ultra HD is now the industry name for "4K" resolution
LCD TV makers are responding to the challenge of OLED, with quantum dot (QD) technology, curved screens and other innovations. In order to boost consumer...
Touch Taiwan 2014 to be held in Taipei from August 27-29.
Flexible displays are expected to become more widely used in mobile applications in 2014. But how flexible will they be? Due to constraints in components...
Compal Electronics was one of the pioneers that relocated its major production base to China from Taiwan...
Sales of handsets in the India market reached 61.07 million units in the first quarter of 2014, with...
With increasing competition from AMOLED, TFT LCD display manufacturers are beginning to look to quantum...
Historically, Computex has played a key role in the global IT ecosystem, complementing other tradeshows...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...
- A glimpse into the e-book reader market - May 2010
In 2008, worldwide e-book reader shipments totaled only 700,000 units, according to Digitimes Research. But demand exploded in 2009 as consumer interests grew...
- Overview of LCD TV market - May 2010
When the economic recession hit at the end of 2008, the LCD TV market seemed to be heading toward a doomsday scenario in 2009; however, demand turned out to be...
- Large-size LCD panel overview - Jun 2007
Global large-size LCD panel market revenues are expected to increase at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 12.5% to US$96.2 billion by 2011, up from US$53.5...