- 27 Sep 2013:There is no simple answer, but fortunately, figuring out what's best for you isn't too hard.
- According to reports UCLA (University of California, Los Angeles) has a research team that has put tons of effort and focus behind this type of technology.
- 26 Sep 2013:Apple Uses Bluetooth LE To Enable Apple TV ??Touch To Set Up' Via iOS 7 Devices (Sep 25) - TechCrunchApple is leveraging the Bluetooth LE technology that it has been building into every iPhone since the iPhone 4S to enable automatic setup of an Apple TV 3G.
- Do a growing number of "cord-cutters" and "cord-nevers" mean the TV business is about to be battered like other traditional industries? Media investor Terry Kawaja doesn't think so. Here's why.
- The customizable smartwatch spreads its reach as it becomes available on the mobile carrier's Web site and in select retail stores.
- 24 Sep 2013:Samsung Display and LG Display have let the lawsuits fly in a patent battle over LCD- and OLED-related technology, but today that is apparently all over.
- Netflix has stated that the company's goal is to stream content in the 4K format by 2014 or so.
- Chinese Internet TV company BesTV New Media said it will set up a joint venture with global software giant Microsoft to develop "family games and related services" with a total investment of up to $237 million.
- Apple sold nine million of its latest iPhones in their first three days, but assessing the popularity of the less-expensive iPhone 5C model was difficult.
- 23 Sep 2013:Chinese flat screen makers, once dismissed as second-class players in the global LCD market, are drawing envious looks from big names such as LG and Samsung.
- 12 Sep 2013:The new slimmer PS Vita has a new screen. It's LCD, instead of the OLED screen found in the current model. Sony's Andrew House explained why.
- 10 Sep 2013:LG Electronics has officially cut the price on its 55-inch curved-screen FullHD OLED TV to US$9,999 in the U.S. and has dropped the price on its current 55-inch Ultra High-Definition LED LCD TV by another US$500, to US$4,499.
- While Apple CEO Tim Cook is far likelier to use the event to showcase new iterations of the iPhone, the Apple TV rumors began running rampant when evidence of multiple shipments labeled "Set Top Boxes" were tracked from one of the company's Chinese suppliers in August.
- Fraunhofer COMEDD has improved its roll-to-roll research line, which consists of a vacuum system for the evaporation of organic materials.
- Displays with Organic Light Emitting Diodes, OLEDs, are the most interesting and promising new display technology in over a decade-possibly ever.
- 6 Sep 2013:TI debuts new DLP Pico chipset optimized for ultra-compact mobile and wearable devices (September 5) - Company releaseAt IFA 2013, Texas Instruments (TI) unveiled its newest DLP Pico chipset, the 0.2" TRP, which brings unparalleled brightness through greater optical/power efficiency, and higher resolution to next-generation smartphones, tablets, digital cameras and wearable devices, such as near-eye displays.
- Another decision you have to make is whether to opt for an LED or plasma screen. Here, we'll explain the differences between the two, their pros and cons and which is likely to be the best choice for you.
- An attorney for HannStar said Best Buy isn't entitled to recover any money because the jury also determined that fixing of prices for liquid crystal display panels didn't have a direct effect on trade in the U.S.
- Pushing to make the industry dream of 4K TVs a market reality, Samsung unveiled a mammoth new 98-inch S9 model on Thursday at the IFA electronics show and, perhaps more notably, an OLED prototype with the higher screen resolution.
- Samsung Electronics expects a recovery in the TV market in the second half of this year, helped by an improving U.S. economy and the launch of new high-end sets.
- As Apple prepares to unveil both a new high-end iPhone and a cheaper version for the first time next week, it is already working on something bigger.
- 5 Sep 2013:Sony has announced the first LED-based LCD TV with a curved screen.
- Xiaomi Corp., the smartphone maker that outsells Apple Inc. (AAPL) in China, has beat it on another front. The Chinese company will soon offer a TV that connects to the Web and runs on the Android operating system.
- There's less than a week left until Apple's big event on Sept. 10. Everyone is expecting Apple to launch a new line (or lines) of iPhones, but on Tuesday, rumors began to fly about another potential announcement this month: a new Apple TV.
- Qualcomm will release a Qualcomm branded smartwatch designed to serve as a second display to your smartphone in the fourth quarter of 2013.
- 3 Sep 2013:In the days before the official start of the Berlin-based technology conference known as IFA 2013, Panasonic is aiming to stir up some excitement with word of a 20-inch 4K tablet.
- Sky now claims that it's the first UK TV network to have conducted a live 4K broadcast.
- Technology for producing TV-size OLED screens hasn't yet matured, and it's also difficult for electronics makers to make a lot of capital investment in that area, given low expected returns in the thin-margin TV market.
- 30 Aug 2013:Apple and Samsung may be planning watches, but Broadcom CEO Scott McGregor said that big-name brands may not dominate the wearable computing market the way they have the phone business.
- Samsung is laying ground for big, competitive moves this fall with two new devices that could amp up its rivalry with Apple.
- The TV maker joins Sony and Samsung in slashing the prices of its 4K Ultra-High Definition TVs by four figures. They're still very expensive, however.
- 27 Aug 2013:Just how many pixels can you cram into a smartphone display? LG is apparently determined to find out as it announced on Wednesday that it's developed a new 5.5-inch display that has a whopping 538 pixels per inch, which sets a record for pixel density on smartphones.
- It can be hard to stand out in a crowd, but a bright, animated wearable LED panel should help you get noticed. The Fos on Kickstarter is a fabric panel with Velcro strips. It weighs less than a golf ball and can be attached to clothing, backpacks, or just about anything else you can think to stick it on.
- You can finally get a 4K TV from a major brand for US$4K.
- Earlier this year, LG Electronics and Samsung Electronics were racing against each other to bring curved OLED TVs to market. Now they're rushing to slash prices for the spanking-new TVs-which were selling at $13,000 each-to encourage buyers.
- 23 Aug 2013:Organic light-emitting diode (OLED) is the most exciting display technology since plasma, but there are a few things it needs to overcome before hitting the mainstream.
- What makes an OLED TV better than an LED or LCD TV? How is OLED superior? Are there any disadvantages to OLED? We've got answers to those questions and more, in plain language, below.
- Originally developed for avionics and military displays, Direct-Dry-Film (DDF) optical bonding is now moving into industrial and consumer applications such as touch screens, TVs, smartphones, tablets, digital signage, and medical imaging.
- BOE Technology Group announced that it has placed significant orders for advanced Gen 8.5 and Gen 5.5 display production equipment from Applied Materials for use in multiple facilities.
- TIME can really drag when you're waiting for a bus or train. Soon you might be able to use that dead time to contribute to a crowdsourced project.
- Celebrate the 2014 FIFA World Cup with Digital Signage
- Touch-Controlled Living - Digital Technologies Transform the Face of Traditional Industries
- The incredible anti-germ performance of Fortrend Liquid Diamond
- Digitimes Research: Taiwan LCD monitor shipments reach 24.47 million in 4Q13
- Fortrend upgrades OGS touch panels with anti-interference capability
- LSI completes acquisition of SandForce
- Fujitsu introduces ARROWS Z ISW11F au smartphone
- PSCo Technical Distribution partners with Matrox to offer fully integrated turnkey video walls
- Digital Signage Expo 2012 opens conference registration
- Subkarma invited OPTOTECH to take part in the '2011 Taipei World Design Expo'
- Digitimes Research: On-cell touch panels unlikely to win favor in high-end smartphones in 2014
- Commentary: Panel makers need to be more active in developing products
- Digitimes Research: Youngfast, Melfas looking beyond G1F touch
- Digitimes Research: Android TV facing same difficulties as Google TV; Chromecast to boost user attachment
- Digitimes Research: Fierce price competition revives GG touch panel demand
Ultra HD is now the industry name for "4K" resolution
Flexible displays are expected to become more widely used in mobile applications in 2014. But how flexible will they be? Due to constraints in components...
China panel makers are continuing to increase their production capacity in addition to improving their technology. Some market observers say this is...
As Ultra HD TVs are gaining popularity in the market due to their increased resolution and decreased pricing, coupled with vendors' plans to work more...
Historically, Computex has played a key role in the global IT ecosystem, complementing other tradeshows...
Silicon Image is a semiconductor IP company whose expertise is connecting boxes to displays. The company...
While Digitimes is known as a media outlet, the company also includes a business unit that solely focuses...
Taiwan-based TFT-LCD panel maker AU Optronics (AUO) saw its business operation swing from total net...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...
- A glimpse into the e-book reader market - May 2010
In 2008, worldwide e-book reader shipments totaled only 700,000 units, according to Digitimes Research. But demand exploded in 2009 as consumer interests grew...
- Overview of LCD TV market - May 2010
When the economic recession hit at the end of 2008, the LCD TV market seemed to be heading toward a doomsday scenario in 2009; however, demand turned out to be...
- Large-size LCD panel overview - Jun 2007
Global large-size LCD panel market revenues are expected to increase at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 12.5% to US$96.2 billion by 2011, up from US$53.5...