- 16 Jan 2014:Korean company rumoured to be readying release of metal and plastic version of S5 after slow sales of 2013's Galaxy S4.
- Pivot Acquisition Corp. Chairman and Former Apple CEO John Sculley discusses Apple products and how he thinks that we will see a wild product in 2014.
- 10 Jan 2014:Popularizing ultra-high-definition TV and making homes "smarter" will be the major focus for South Korean technology giant Samsung Electronics in 2014, the company's co-CEO said in a rare interview at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.
- 8 Jan 2014:Danish electronics manufacturer Bang & Olufsen is now shipping the latest version of the Opera Devices Software Development Kit on selected high-end connected TVs.
- 7 Jan 2014:Vizio is not including 3D support in any models of its 2014 lineup of TVs - a concrete sign the CE industry's stereoscopic dreams are fading. Instead, Vizio is pinning future growth on Ultra HD, launching a new series of 4K-capable sets with support for Netflix's content in the high-resolution format.
- UltraHD TVs, also known as 4K TV because they have four times as many pixels on screen as high-definition TVs, are expected to be the hot seller in televisions this year, according to a Toshiba executive as well as market research firm NPD.
- Your TV is about to become more like your tablet or your smartphone. A company named Roku showed off their new TV at the consumer electronics show in Las Vegas.
- 26 Dec 2013:Sony and Panasonic said on Wednesday that they will end joint development of organic light emitting diode (OLED) television screens.
- 25 Dec 2013:If only smartwatches had color displays, weren't too thick or big, and could last at least seven days on a charge. Wouldn't that be great?
- 16 Dec 2013:
- 2 Dec 2013:South Korea's largest family-owned conglomerate, Samsung Group, on Monday promoted the group owner's daughter to president of its de-facto holding firm.
- 27 Nov 2013:More perilous than snark hunting is the annual search for the best big screen deal. The good news? You can ignore Black Friday and Cyber Monday (those sets are usually cheap clearance models). The bad news? There's scores of sets out there vying for your dollars and telling the difference between them in a box store can be nearly impossible.
- Google has invited another round of developers to purchase Google Glass, which is not yet on the market.
- Consumers can now waltz into many Apple stores and pick up an iPad Mini Retina for the first time. To date, availability was limited to online sales and pre-orders with customer pickup.
- 22 Nov 2013:Black Friday 2013 TV deals: HDTV, Smart TV sales at Walmart, Target, Best Buy (November 20) - ExaminerBlack Friday 2013 sales flyers are still coming out today with TV deals on HDTVs and Smart TVs like never before offered.
- It's not even Black Friday yet, and already big-name electronics manufacturers have begun drastically dropping the price of their Ultra HD TVs.
- Most people would agree that fossil fuels simply need to go. They're the cause of pollution, wars and climate change. Thankfully, scientists have been researching alternative energy solutions like wind and solar power for years.
- Inkjet printing could be the key to next-generation OLED displays (November 20) - MIT Technology ReviewColor-rich, energy-efficient, and flexible organic light-emitting diode (OLED) displays could soon be churned out more economically on giant inkjet printers.
- 21 Nov 2013:LG is investigating allegations that some of its TVs send details about their owners' viewing habits back to the manufacturer even if the users have activated a privacy setting.
- 19 Nov 2013:LED LCD, OLED, and plasma. Of these current TV technologies, which one comes out on top?
- 15 Nov 2013:The appearance of indium gallium zinc oxide transistors in iPads shows that the display industry is poised to begin churning out a new breed of high-performance screens.
- Samsung Electronics plans to release a Galaxy smartphone next year with a three-sided display that wraps around the edges so users can read messages while looking from an angle, two people familiar with the plans said yesterday.
- 14 Nov 2013:Anyone who buys a UHD or 4K TV set right now faces that very first-world problem of finding content that's high-definition enough to show off the display. Samsung is lending a helping hand to buyers of its new 4K TV by shipping out full-size hard drives filled with UHD content.
- Samsung says it owes Apple $52M, much less than $380M Apple is seeking in patent trial (November 14) - Washington PostHow much does Samsung Electronics owe Apple for copying vital features of the iPhone and iPad? Apple says $380 million. Samsung counters with $52 million.
- 12 Nov 2013:Apple is developing new iPhone designs including bigger screens with curved glass and enhanced sensors that can detect different levels of pressure, said a person familiar with the plans.
- While LG and Samsung promote their curved handsets with bendable displays, rival Nokia appears to have been silently working on the next stage in flexible technology.
- 5 Nov 2013:
- 1 Nov 2013:StoreDot is an Israeli startup company that was established in 2011 to develop and commercialize new peptide-based technology originally discovered in Tel Aviv University. Storedot's technology allows them to synthesize new nano materials ("inspired by nature") that can be used in a wide variety of application - displays, batteries, memory and more.
- 25 Oct 2013:What does the future hold for our smartphones? Well according to chip maker Qualcomm the sky's the limit as manufacturers succumb to consumer's greed for bigger, better, more fantastical tech in their pocket.
- It looks like Samsung has had some quality control issues in the Chinese market, and China's population was left to deal with it.
- 22 Oct 2013:AT&T's live U-Verse TV streaming has at last reached Android. Subscribers can now watch over 100 live channels from their Google-powered hardware, including more than 20 channels that are available away from home.
- Microsoft's tablet debut is loud and colorful and full of enthusiasm. The only thing it's missing is people that want to buy its new tablet.
- Applied Materials extends leadership in metal oxide display manufacturing technology (October 16) - Company releaseApplied Materials has announced new technology systems for manufacturing large size and ultra-high definition (UHD) LCD and OLED displays that meet consumer demand for greater screen performance, clarity, color and brightness.
- 21 Oct 2013:
- Manufacturing large, ultra-high definition LCD and OLED displays (October 18) - Printed Electronics WorldApplied Materials, Inc. has announced new technology systems for manufacturing large size and ultra-high definition (UHD) LCD and OLED displays that meet consumer demand for greater screen performance, clarity, color and brightness.
- To say the past few months have been eventful for Universal Display investors seems like one heck of an understatement.
- Microsoft yanks Windows 8.1 update for Surface RT after "Blue Screen of Death" reports (October 20) - ComputerworldMicrosoft on Friday yanked the Windows RT 8.1 update from its Windows Store after some Surface RT owners reported their tablets had been crippled.
- 18 Oct 2013:Qualcomm's own Pixtronix and Sharp have collaborated on an all-new display that keeps image quality high while power consumption stays low.
- Will Apple's next generation of devices feature this display tech? (October 14) - Wall Street JournalWill Apple's next iPhones and iPads feature this new anti-reflective technology? A recently filed patent uncovered by Patently Apple suggests that the Cupertino-based company is close to implementing an improved display technology in its electronic devices.
- The new wrist computer is slim, waterproof and lasts at least three days on a single charge.
- The Fortrend OGS received U.S. Patent Certificate
- Celebrate the 2014 FIFA World Cup with Digital Signage
- Touch-Controlled Living - Digital Technologies Transform the Face of Traditional Industries
- The incredible anti-germ performance of Fortrend Liquid Diamond
- Digitimes Research: Taiwan LCD monitor shipments reach 24.47 million in 4Q13
- LSI completes acquisition of SandForce
- Fujitsu introduces ARROWS Z ISW11F au smartphone
- PSCo Technical Distribution partners with Matrox to offer fully integrated turnkey video walls
- Digital Signage Expo 2012 opens conference registration
- Subkarma invited OPTOTECH to take part in the '2011 Taipei World Design Expo'
- Digitimes Research: GTAT woes disrupt sapphire industry
- Gaining an advantage in emerging markets: Q&A with India-based handset player Micromax
- Voices from India: How can Taiwan best tap the booming India handset market
- Digitimes Research: On-cell touch panels unlikely to win favor in high-end smartphones in 2014
- Commentary: Panel makers need to be more active in developing products
Ultra HD is now the industry name for "4K" resolution
Touch Taiwan 2014 to be held in Taipei from August 27-29.
Flexible displays are expected to become more widely used in mobile applications in 2014. But how flexible will they be? Due to constraints in components...
China panel makers are continuing to increase their production capacity in addition to improving their technology. Some market observers say this is...
Sales of handsets in the India market reached 61.07 million units in the first quarter of 2014, with...
With increasing competition from AMOLED, TFT LCD display manufacturers are beginning to look to quantum...
Historically, Computex has played a key role in the global IT ecosystem, complementing other tradeshows...
Silicon Image is a semiconductor IP company whose expertise is connecting boxes to displays. The company...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...
- A glimpse into the e-book reader market - May 2010
In 2008, worldwide e-book reader shipments totaled only 700,000 units, according to Digitimes Research. But demand exploded in 2009 as consumer interests grew...
- Overview of LCD TV market - May 2010
When the economic recession hit at the end of 2008, the LCD TV market seemed to be heading toward a doomsday scenario in 2009; however, demand turned out to be...
- Large-size LCD panel overview - Jun 2007
Global large-size LCD panel market revenues are expected to increase at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 12.5% to US$96.2 billion by 2011, up from US$53.5...