- 3 Oct 2014:Everyone knows that if you can get it working, OLED offers far superior picture performance in practically every way that we can measure.
- In terms of technology that makes your TV's picture look better, 4K resolution and OLED screens are currently at the top of the heap.
- 30 Sep 2014:Best Buy believes that 4K Ultra High Definition televisions will give business a boost.
- Vizio wants to take 4K living room entertainment mainstream, and it starts by offering a new line of Ultra HD LED smart televisions that start at less than $1,000.
- The device we're reviewing today has a 28-inch display with max resolution of 3840 x 2160 pixels - also known as 4K resolution. Max refresh rate is 60 Hz, the panel type is TN, and response time is 1ms (Grey to Grey).
- Before you run off and order a 4K/Ultra HD display of your own, you first need to know if your Mac will support said 4K display.
- 23 Sep 2014:Consumer Reports says an emerging technology called OLED is really going to shake up the television industry.
- United States pay-TV giant DirecTV is actively looking into supporting Ultra-HD content in 2014, Michael White, chairman, president and CEO told investors at Goldman Sachs Communacopia Conference.
- The future of television will be 4K, or Ultra High Definition (UHD) if you prefer that term. It will undoubtedly have larger displays. It may well be curved. And, perhaps, it will be based on OLED technology, instead of the LCDs that represent almost the entire market today.
- 19 Sep 2014:With televisions being made smarter and more sophisticated, electronics companies are finding ways to set their products apart, as shown at this year's IFA.
- A banner reading "OLED: The future of TV" hung beneath a stunning display of seven 77-inch curved TVs on LG's stand at last week's IFA 2014 exhibition in Berlin.
- LG Display expects its next-generation TV technology to turn a profit in 2015 as production costs fall and talks to supply Sony, Panasonic and Chinese set makers continue.
- 18 Sep 2014:
- 12 Sep 2014:For the past year, manufacturers have heralded OLED UHD TVs as a harbinger of sea change in the home entertainment industry, affording thinner and even flexible panels with higher quality pictures than today's LCD sets.
- From 4K OLEDs to 21x9 LED LCDs, LG showed off a bevy of new US models at the CEDIA Expo in Denver. We've got details and some initial impressions from a quick eyes-on at the show.
- 9 Sep 2014:AU Optronics (AUO), part of the BenQ group, has announced a range of new display panels that are based upon its AHVA (Advanced Hyper Viewing-Angle) panel technology. This technology is said to be the equivalent to LG Display's IPS technology (and Samsung's PLS) and offers similar visual and performance characteristics to such screens.
- The screen's resolution comes in at 5120x2880, which is pretty ridiculous. The UltraSharp 27 Ultra HD 5K Monitor has twice the resolution of a 4K monitor and seven times the resolution of vanilla-HD. Dell is saying that it's designed for professionals who need the highest possible resolution.
- 4K TV owners will have more options for content as 4K Blu-ray discs and players could arrive as early as the 2015 holiday season, according to TechRadar.
- Panasonic has expanded its 4K Ultra HD TV lineup at the IFA 2014 consumer electronics trade show which kicked off in Berlin earlier this week.
- 29 Aug 2014:The firm said a curved 65in (165cm) set would go on sale in Europe, South Korea and North America in September.
- The Korea tech giant wants to persuade you to fork out for 4K by offering movies and TV shows from Amazon and Netflix in eye-watering detail.
- 22 Aug 2014:Experts can't agree which is best: LG's new OLED or Samsung's year-old plasma (August 20) - Digital TrendsEach year, a group of videophiles, professional calibrators, and tech journalists gather together at Value Electronics in Scarsdale, NY for a shootout of the consumer electronics industry's best televisions.
- Despite the concerns that the display panel market is becoming saturated, Udo Heider, vice president of Merck's OLED unit, predicted continued growth for the future.
- 19 Aug 2014:The National Association of Broadcasters filed a lawsuit on Monday arguing the Federal Communications Commission's plan to auction off airwaves next year would hurt TV stations in both their coverage areas and their wallets.
- Low-price Hisense and TCL sets with Roku's brains built in may have the best shot yet at moving smart TVs from niche shopping consideration to popular norm.
- 22 Jul 2014:UBS Securities warned Monday that a limited growth in television panels may cap revenue increases for two leading Taiwanese flat-panel makers in the third quarter of 2014.
- The race for dominance in 4K ultra high-definition (UHD) TV panel market is heating up, with LG Display finally surpassing its arch-rival Samsung for the first time, according to data from May 2014.
- 15 Jul 2014:KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo said the issues may be related to the new in-cell touch panels, which struggle with touch sensitivity on larger screens.
- 10 Jul 2014:LG Display announced that it's been able to create an 18-inch OLED panel that has enough give and flexibility to roll into a tube that's a mere 3cm across.
- 9 Jul 2014:The company's new edge-lit 60- and 70-inch UD27U 4K TVs will have native refresh rates of 120Hz, as well as motion-handling features that purportedly simulate a 480Hz refresh rate.
- Taiwan's leading flat-panel maker Innolux Corporation and Taiwan-based contract manufacturer Foxconn are set to ship seven million 23.6-inch TVs to Mexico after winning a three-year contract in the country, reports our Chinese-language sister newspaper Commercial Times.
- 4 Jul 2014:The latest move by Samsung SDI to suspend production of plasma display panels (PDP) will help improve its earnings, according to analysts.
- 3 Jul 2014:LG Display is working to forge deals with key Chinese players to supply OLED panels and accelerate OLED TV adoption. The end goal, an LG Display official later revealed, is to bring OLED TV prices down to a mere 10% premium to competing LCDs.
- 2 Jul 2014:Following far too closely on the heels of Panasonic 's similar announcement, Samsung has said it will end production of plasma televisions, leaving LCDs and an aging OLED display as their only TV offerings.
- 1 Jul 2014:How much would you fork out for a 77-inch, curved, 4K, OLED TV? Well, LG hopes you're hovering around a couple of grand per descriptor.
- 27 Jun 2014:The FIFA Football World Cup 2014 in Brasil is expected to be a popular spectator sport in India.
- LG is looking into cranking up production of plastic OLED displays for smartwatches and phones (June 25) - Business InsiderLG Display Co will consider whether to make additional investments to boost production capacity of plastic OLED displays for smartwatches and smartphones, the company's chief executive said.
- 26 Jun 2014:Google gave developers an early look at Android TV at its I/O conference Wednesday, its newest attempt to let Android-based devices work better with HDTVs, set-tops and other entertainment systems.
- 23 Jun 2014:Ultra HD 4k HDTVs a waste of money over 1080p for PC, PlayStation, and Xbox gamers? (June 22) - InquisitirIs an Ultra HD 4k HDTV a waste of money in comparison to the now standard 1080p when it comes to PC, PlayStation, and Xbox gamers?
- The dueling operating systems from Apple Inc. and Google Inc. already run on 95 percent of the smartphones sold around the world. Now the two giants are about to go head to head in the next frontier of mobile computing: the automobile.
- The rise of new enter in touch industry, TOI introduce large size IC to the market
- The Fortrend OGS received U.S. Patent Certificate
- Celebrate the 2014 FIFA World Cup with Digital Signage
- Touch-Controlled Living - Digital Technologies Transform the Face of Traditional Industries
- The incredible anti-germ performance of Fortrend Liquid Diamond
- LSI completes acquisition of SandForce
- Fujitsu introduces ARROWS Z ISW11F au smartphone
- PSCo Technical Distribution partners with Matrox to offer fully integrated turnkey video walls
- Digital Signage Expo 2012 opens conference registration
- Subkarma invited OPTOTECH to take part in the '2011 Taipei World Design Expo'
- Digitimes Research: Holitech to become 2nd-largest touch panel maker in China after acquisitions
- Digitimes Research: Taiwan on-cell touch panel shipments to see strong growth, yet offer little profit
- Digitimes Research: Samsung, LG outsource TV orders to ODMs to secure panel supply
- Digitimes Research: Ultra HD BD players not likely to be available until end of 2015
- Digitimes Research: Samsung, LG, Panasonic bent on competing against Android TV
Ultra HD is now the industry name for "4K" resolution
LCD TV makers are responding to the challenge of OLED, with quantum dot (QD) technology, curved screens and other innovations. In order to boost consumer...
Touch Taiwan 2014 to be held in Taipei from August 27-29.
Flexible displays are expected to become more widely used in mobile applications in 2014. But how flexible will they be? Due to constraints in components...
Compal Electronics was one of the pioneers that relocated its major production base to China from Taiwan...
Sales of handsets in the India market reached 61.07 million units in the first quarter of 2014, with...
With increasing competition from AMOLED, TFT LCD display manufacturers are beginning to look to quantum...
Historically, Computex has played a key role in the global IT ecosystem, complementing other tradeshows...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...
- A glimpse into the e-book reader market - May 2010
In 2008, worldwide e-book reader shipments totaled only 700,000 units, according to Digitimes Research. But demand exploded in 2009 as consumer interests grew...
- Overview of LCD TV market - May 2010
When the economic recession hit at the end of 2008, the LCD TV market seemed to be heading toward a doomsday scenario in 2009; however, demand turned out to be...
- Large-size LCD panel overview - Jun 2007
Global large-size LCD panel market revenues are expected to increase at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 12.5% to US$96.2 billion by 2011, up from US$53.5...