- 12 Nov 2013:While LG and Samsung promote their curved handsets with bendable displays, rival Nokia appears to have been silently working on the next stage in flexible technology.
- 5 Nov 2013:
- 1 Nov 2013:StoreDot is an Israeli startup company that was established in 2011 to develop and commercialize new peptide-based technology originally discovered in Tel Aviv University. Storedot's technology allows them to synthesize new nano materials ("inspired by nature") that can be used in a wide variety of application - displays, batteries, memory and more.
- 25 Oct 2013:What does the future hold for our smartphones? Well according to chip maker Qualcomm the sky's the limit as manufacturers succumb to consumer's greed for bigger, better, more fantastical tech in their pocket.
- It looks like Samsung has had some quality control issues in the Chinese market, and China's population was left to deal with it.
- 22 Oct 2013:AT&T's live U-Verse TV streaming has at last reached Android. Subscribers can now watch over 100 live channels from their Google-powered hardware, including more than 20 channels that are available away from home.
- Microsoft's tablet debut is loud and colorful and full of enthusiasm. The only thing it's missing is people that want to buy its new tablet.
- Applied Materials extends leadership in metal oxide display manufacturing technology (October 16) - Company releaseApplied Materials has announced new technology systems for manufacturing large size and ultra-high definition (UHD) LCD and OLED displays that meet consumer demand for greater screen performance, clarity, color and brightness.
- 21 Oct 2013:
- Manufacturing large, ultra-high definition LCD and OLED displays (October 18) - Printed Electronics WorldApplied Materials, Inc. has announced new technology systems for manufacturing large size and ultra-high definition (UHD) LCD and OLED displays that meet consumer demand for greater screen performance, clarity, color and brightness.
- To say the past few months have been eventful for Universal Display investors seems like one heck of an understatement.
- Microsoft yanks Windows 8.1 update for Surface RT after "Blue Screen of Death" reports (October 20) - ComputerworldMicrosoft on Friday yanked the Windows RT 8.1 update from its Windows Store after some Surface RT owners reported their tablets had been crippled.
- 18 Oct 2013:Qualcomm's own Pixtronix and Sharp have collaborated on an all-new display that keeps image quality high while power consumption stays low.
- Will Apple's next generation of devices feature this display tech? (October 14) - Wall Street JournalWill Apple's next iPhones and iPads feature this new anti-reflective technology? A recently filed patent uncovered by Patently Apple suggests that the Cupertino-based company is close to implementing an improved display technology in its electronic devices.
- The new wrist computer is slim, waterproof and lasts at least three days on a single charge.
- The new manufacturing tech that will bring high-resolution displays to every device (October 17) - ExtremeTechApplied Materials is launching a trio of new manufacturing systems that are designed to address the limitations keeping next-generation displays out of reach of consumers.
- Samsung set-top box uses mediocre Smart TV software to compete with Roku, Apple TV (October 17) - The VergeSamsung isn't known for its software, but that hasn't stopped the company from pushing its Smart TV interface, which offers access to video streaming apps like Netflix, Hulu Plus, HBO Go, and MLB.TV, as well as a selection of other utilities.
- The download seeks to address some of the criticisms levelled at the original version of Windows 8.
- 15 Oct 2013:Panasonic quits plasma TVs: The latest victim of LCD's rise to display supremacy (October 14) - ExtremeTechAnother one bites the dust. Panasonic is departing the plasma TV business after being its biggest champion for two decades.
- A roundup of the best products and most interesting stories this week from Reviewed.com.
- LG's LA9700 is the company's 65in Ultra HD television for 2013. Available in 55 and 65in sizes, the LA9700 features an integrated sound-bar, uses a full sheet of LEDs for backlighting, and has an Ultra HD-resolution that can show four times the detail of current Full HD panels.
- Toshiba has announced that the L9300U series of 4K ultra HD TVs is now available at select retailers the US.
- 11 Oct 2013:Samsung Electronics has launched a handset with a curved display screen. The Galaxy Round smartphone will feature a 5.7in display
- 4 Oct 2013:Its forecasts also indicate potentially slowing profit growth at its mobile business-a signal that its run of record results is under threat by rising competition and lower-margin phones taking up a bigger proportion of sales.
- 2 Oct 2013:Samsung's upcoming Galaxy Gear smartwatch is seen as an extension of the smartphone, but research is under way to see how the wearable device could work with electronics such as TVs.
- 30 Sep 2013:Toshiba said it would cut 50% of staff in its loss-making TV unit and cease production at two of its three overseas factories before the end of this fiscal year.
- Television services delivered via the Internet by companies like Intel and Sony could someday transform how Americans watch TV shows. But the services have to get off the ground first, and there are new doubts about whether that is going to happen.
- 27 Sep 2013:There is no simple answer, but fortunately, figuring out what's best for you isn't too hard.
- According to reports UCLA (University of California, Los Angeles) has a research team that has put tons of effort and focus behind this type of technology.
- 26 Sep 2013:Apple Uses Bluetooth LE To Enable Apple TV ??Touch To Set Up' Via iOS 7 Devices (Sep 25) - TechCrunchApple is leveraging the Bluetooth LE technology that it has been building into every iPhone since the iPhone 4S to enable automatic setup of an Apple TV 3G.
- Do a growing number of "cord-cutters" and "cord-nevers" mean the TV business is about to be battered like other traditional industries? Media investor Terry Kawaja doesn't think so. Here's why.
- The customizable smartwatch spreads its reach as it becomes available on the mobile carrier's Web site and in select retail stores.
- 24 Sep 2013:Samsung Display and LG Display have let the lawsuits fly in a patent battle over LCD- and OLED-related technology, but today that is apparently all over.
- Netflix has stated that the company's goal is to stream content in the 4K format by 2014 or so.
- Chinese Internet TV company BesTV New Media said it will set up a joint venture with global software giant Microsoft to develop "family games and related services" with a total investment of up to $237 million.
- Apple sold nine million of its latest iPhones in their first three days, but assessing the popularity of the less-expensive iPhone 5C model was difficult.
- 23 Sep 2013:Chinese flat screen makers, once dismissed as second-class players in the global LCD market, are drawing envious looks from big names such as LG and Samsung.
- 12 Sep 2013:The new slimmer PS Vita has a new screen. It's LCD, instead of the OLED screen found in the current model. Sony's Andrew House explained why.
- 10 Sep 2013:LG Electronics has officially cut the price on its 55-inch curved-screen FullHD OLED TV to US$9,999 in the U.S. and has dropped the price on its current 55-inch Ultra High-Definition LED LCD TV by another US$500, to US$4,499.
- While Apple CEO Tim Cook is far likelier to use the event to showcase new iterations of the iPhone, the Apple TV rumors began running rampant when evidence of multiple shipments labeled "Set Top Boxes" were tracked from one of the company's Chinese suppliers in August.
- The rise of new enter in touch industry, TOI introduce large size IC to the market
- The Fortrend OGS received U.S. Patent Certificate
- Celebrate the 2014 FIFA World Cup with Digital Signage
- Touch-Controlled Living - Digital Technologies Transform the Face of Traditional Industries
- The incredible anti-germ performance of Fortrend Liquid Diamond
- LSI completes acquisition of SandForce
- Fujitsu introduces ARROWS Z ISW11F au smartphone
- PSCo Technical Distribution partners with Matrox to offer fully integrated turnkey video walls
- Digital Signage Expo 2012 opens conference registration
- Subkarma invited OPTOTECH to take part in the '2011 Taipei World Design Expo'
- Digitimes Research: Ultra HD BD players not likely to be available until end of 2015
- Digitimes Research: Samsung, LG, Panasonic bent on competing against Android TV
- Display trends for 2015
- Will Xiaomi be a target for Foxconn's new collaboration with Innolux?
- Digitimes Research: GTAT woes disrupt sapphire industry
Ultra HD is now the industry name for "4K" resolution
LCD TV makers are responding to the challenge of OLED, with quantum dot (QD) technology, curved screens and other innovations. In order to boost consumer...
Touch Taiwan 2014 to be held in Taipei from August 27-29.
Flexible displays are expected to become more widely used in mobile applications in 2014. But how flexible will they be? Due to constraints in components...
Compal Electronics was one of the pioneers that relocated its major production base to China from Taiwan...
Sales of handsets in the India market reached 61.07 million units in the first quarter of 2014, with...
With increasing competition from AMOLED, TFT LCD display manufacturers are beginning to look to quantum...
Historically, Computex has played a key role in the global IT ecosystem, complementing other tradeshows...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...
- A glimpse into the e-book reader market - May 2010
In 2008, worldwide e-book reader shipments totaled only 700,000 units, according to Digitimes Research. But demand exploded in 2009 as consumer interests grew...
- Overview of LCD TV market - May 2010
When the economic recession hit at the end of 2008, the LCD TV market seemed to be heading toward a doomsday scenario in 2009; however, demand turned out to be...
- Large-size LCD panel overview - Jun 2007
Global large-size LCD panel market revenues are expected to increase at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 12.5% to US$96.2 billion by 2011, up from US$53.5...