- 7 Sep 2012:
- 31 Aug 2012:
- 22 Aug 2012:
- 20 Aug 2012:
- 16 Aug 2012:
- 14 Aug 2012:
- 10 Aug 2012:
- 9 Aug 2012:
- Cree Inc., a maker of light-emitting diode, or LED, products, said Tuesday that its fiscal fourth-quarter net income fell 49% because of higher expenses, but revenue grew and adjusted earnings topped Wall Street's expectations.
- In the presence of high-ranking representatives of the Jiangsu province, OSRAM AG laid the foundation of its new plant in the Chinese city of Wuxi.
- 1 Aug 2012:
- 26 Jul 2012:
- 25 Jul 2012:
- 24 Jul 2012:Once again, it's not shaping up to be a great year for television makers, says market researcher NPD DisplaySearch, but not all is gloomy. While the overall television market will be cooling slightly for 2012, growth is still expected in key areas such as LED-backlit sets, 3D televisions, and displays larger than 50 inches.
- Seoul Metropolitan Government has announced plans to replace lighting in all public areas including subway stations, streets and city government offices with LED lighting by 2018.
- 23 Jul 2012:Universal Display and Plextronics announce strategic alliance to develop next-generation OLED material systems (July 19) - Marketwatch.com (Dow Jones)Universal Display Corporation /quotes/zigman/59127/quotes/nls/panl PANL -10.43% , the leading OLED patent licensor and supplier of materials and technologies for energy-efficient OLED displays and lighting, and Plextronics, Inc., a leader in the development and manufacture of printed electronics technologies, announced today they have entered into a strategic alliance to accelerate the development and commercialization of solution-based OLED material systems.
- 17 Jul 2012:
- 13 Jul 2012:
- China's largest rare-earth producer plans to launch a trading platform, according to a company newsletter, in the nation's latest attempt to exert more control over the pricing of the strategically important minerals.
- 12 Jul 2012:
- 11 Jul 2012:The LED lighting industry of Guangdong province, which accounts for 70% of the national output, may suffer more than CNY4 billion(US$628.6 million) in losses with the higher technical standards set by the European Union, the United States, Chile and Uganda.
- Cree has rolled out the new XLamp XP-G2 LED family, which is directly compatible with the prior XP-G components, including optics designed for those components, and which is based on the company's third-generation manufacturing-technology platform.
- 10 Jul 2012:
- 6 Jul 2012:
- 5 Jul 2012:
- 4 Jul 2012:
- 25 Jun 2012:
- 21 Jun 2012:Philips Lumileds announced the Luxeon Z series of LEDs with models across the color space from 670-440 nm, and in phosphor-converted 4000K white.
- 20 Jun 2012:A Japanese firm is now firming up talks with a local company for a possible partnership involving the establishment of a US$200-million LED (light-emitting diode) factory in the country.
- 19 Jun 2012:Light Emitting Diode (LED) lights will come into use by 2014 in the country, enabling the Government to save RM300 million every year on energy expenses for streetlights.
- 18 Jun 2012:The pro-bailout New Democracy party came in first Sunday in Greece's national election and could gather enough support to form a pro-bailout coalition to keep the country in the eurozone.
- Japanese government to request end to energy-wasting incandescent bulbs (June 17) - The Japan Daily PressIn an attempt to save electricity and help avoid power shortages this summer, the Japanese government is expected to ask major electronics retailers and home appliance makers to voluntarily put an end to both the sales and production of traditional incandescent light bulbs.
- China government to launch subsidy program for energy-efficient lighting products (June 18) - Global TimesChina's lighting suppliers producing light-emitting diodes (LED) and energy-saving products are expected to receive a huge subsidy, which experts said yesterday will speed up the industry's consolidation.
- 6 Jun 2012:Energy efficient LEDs displace conventional technology and costs shrink overall (June 4) - Triple PunditImproving lighting efficiency is an investment in the future. Yet costs have been prohibiting many people from becoming early adaptors of energy efficient commercial lighting such as LED lighting.
- Genesis Photonics finds way to Blue Ocean through high-power, flip-chip LED technology
- Digitimes Research: LED edge-lit 50-inch and above size LCD TV panels in high demand
- The bright future of Taiwan optoelectronics industry
- Global LED lighting market will be worth US$25.4 billion in 2013, says new report from Digitimes Research
- Interview with AZZURRO Semiconductors CEO Erwin Wolf: Mass production of 200mm GaN-on-Si wafer will drive significant shift of LED market
- Linear announces synchronous buck LED driver controller
- iWatt targets high power density in ultra-small overall adapter size with new devices
- ViewSonic announces ultra-portable LED projector line
- Chimei expects LED models to account for over 30% of its monitor revenues in 2010
- Photonics Festival in Taiwan: Everlight showcases LED agriculture lamps
LED firms have reported significant sales for March
Epistar's chairman has expressed optimism about the LED industry in the next three years.
Latest developments of Lextar.
Demand for LED lighting products-including spot lights, LED luminaries, street lights, LED light bulbs and fluorescent tubes-will reach 90 million in...
While mid-power LED chips account for only a small proportion of LED lighting currently, the proportion...
GaN-on-Si is a new technology that has the potential to replace sapphire substrates in the LED supply...
Despite the fact the penetration rate of LED backlight units (BLUs) in TVs has been increasing continuously,...
US-based MOCVD equipment provider Veeco currently ranks number one in global market share with 50%...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...
- Overview of LCD TV market - May 2010
When the economic recession hit at the end of 2008, the LCD TV market seemed to be heading toward a doomsday scenario in 2009; however, demand turned out to be...
- Taiwan's display system makers - Jun 2007
In addition to pure display makers such as Amtran, Chi Mei, HANNspree, Taiwan-based home appliance makers such as Tatung, Proton, Kolin, several major IT makers...
- Taiwan's display system makers - Jun 2006
Taiwan-based display makers come from a variety of areas in the IT industry, from Compal, which is best known for producing notebooks, to Premier, which also produces...