- 8 Mar 2016:
- JP Morgan thinks TSMC has not lost its technological edge and Qualcomm will be coming back to the Taiwan manufacturer for 7nm in 2018.
- 4 Mar 2016:
- It looks like everyone has forgotten one of the big selling points of Android is for manufacturers. Either that or Google is ready to concede a vital UI element to Apple's iOS.
- 3 Mar 2016:
- Samsung Electronics Display is ceasing the operations of its TV manufacturing plant in Seremban due to challenging business environment and changing market conditions.
- 2 Mar 2016:SK Hynix plans to invest up to KRW15.5 trillion (US$12.5 billion) to build a new memory chip plant next to its Cheongju facility in North Chungcheong Province.
- The news follows Cisco's Tuesday announcement of the acquisition of Cliqr Technologies for about $260 million to enhance offerings in cloud computing management software and services. Leaba's website doesn't elaborate on what its technology provides, but Ynet said it allowed for more efficient and intelligent routing of Internet traffic.
- Computing giant International Business Machines (IBM) plans to sell up to $150 million worth of shares in China's Lenovo, IFR reported on Wednesday, citing a term sheet of the deal sent to investors.
- Qualcomm has agreed to pay $7.5 million to settle charges it violated US anti-bribery laws by hiring relatives of Chinese officials to obtain business, the US Securities and Exchange Commission said on Tuesday.
- 1 Mar 2016:China's central bank is increasingly finding itself in a bind, balancing its need to continue easing credit to support economic growth against its stated goal of keeping the Chinese currency stable.
- 26 Feb 2016:Panasonic will cut 50 jobs in April at a factory that makes solar ingots in Oregon amid slowing demand for photovoltaic panels in Japan.
- Now though a new rumor out of South Korea claims that Apple's big spring event has been pushed back - though just by exactly one week. Hence, it's apparently going to take place on March 22.
- Speaking on stage in Barcelona at Mobile World Congress, the Facebook CEO said he doesn't think requiring back doors would be "the right thing to do" nor would it be an effective way to get data from the iPhone of deceased San Bernardino shooter, Syed Farook.
- Beijing has overtaken New York as the city with the highest number of billionaires for the first time, a new report by China-based firm Hurun says.
- 23 Feb 2016:Justice Department calls Apple's refusal to unlock iPhone a 'marketing strategy' (Feb 19) - New York TimesThe Justice Department, frustrated by its inability to unlock the iPhone of one of the attackers in the San Bernardino killings, demanded on Friday that a judge immediately order Apple to give it the technical tools to get inside the phone.
- That has analysts weighing in on how the Rift might perform this year, and at least one expert thinks the device will catch on in a big way.
- Facebook Chief Executive Mark Zuckerberg says a new computing platform comes around every 10 years. This year, he says, the next one arrives: virtual reality. Zuckerberg is trying to will that prediction into reality with Oculus VR, a Facebook subsidiary that in March begins shipping its $600 virtual-reality headsets, dubbed the Rift.
- VR systems were a hot-ticket at this year's CES, and products like the Oculus Rift, Sony's PlayStation VR, Microsoft's HoloLens and HTC's Vive are all expected to ship this year.
- 22 Feb 2016:Samsung Electronics and LG Electronics unveiled their latest smartphones at the Mobile World Congress industry show in Barcelona on Sunday, seeking to buck the slowdown in industry growth.
- The emergence of the fifth-generation (5G) mobile network is currently the big challenge, and the deepest mystery, in the technology world.
- NTT DOCOMO and MediaTek forge partnership for 5G technology development and trials (Feb 22) - Company releaseNTT DOCOMO and MediaTek have announced a joint effort to drive 5G technology development.
- 19 Feb 2016:
- Intel manufacturing chief Bill Holt retiring amid historic transition in chip technology (Feb 18) - Oregon LiveIntel confirmed Thursday that longtime manufacturing chief Bill Holt is retiring, announcing he will leave in June amid an unprecedented transition in semiconductor technology.
- Google's new holding company, Alphabet, has announced the latest piece in its corporate restructuring plans: Jigsaw. It's the jovial rebrand of Google Ideas, the web giant's controversial diplomatic arm, founded in 2010 and headed by ex-US State Department policy wonk Jared Cohen. Jigsaw's stated mission is to use technology to tackle geopolitics.
- Digitimes Research: Nichia tops LED packagers in 2015 revenues
- Digitimes Research: Taiwan makers ship over 19 million LCD monitors in 1Q16
- Digitimes Research: Global user base for fixed-line access to Internet growing slower than that for mobile access
- Digitimes Research: Car-use image sensor market to grow to US$900 million by 2020
- Elo expands projective capacitive touchscreen line
- GSMA announces further details for Mobile World Congress Shanghai 2016
- With a decade of achievements, AVEXIR Technologies establishes itself as gamers' favorite
- KMF protection class II: Compact power entry module for protection class II equipment
- Prize-winning design quality: Raiden series triumphs in Red Dot Award: Product Design 2016
- Unisys IT Implementation of Unisys Stealth Solution for Data Center Segmentation
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Perforce Software Wins Develop Industry Excellence Award for the Second Year in a Row
- Perforce Teams with Leading Git Client Developer fournova
- Perforce Introduces Helix GitSwarm: Flexible Git Ecosystem Mirrored to a Powerful Mainline Repository
- Perforce Helix Distributed Version Control System Brings Greater Flexibility While Maintaining Enterprise-class Security, Auditability and Control
- Perforce Powers Development of Legacy Quest for iOS and Android
- Digitimes Research: 4 million 9.7-inch iPad Pros to ship in 1H16
- Digitimes Research: Global all-in-one PC shipments to drop 3.9% on year in 2015
- Mentor Graphics Veloce VirtuaLAB adds protocols for networking designs
- Mouser Electronics undergoing expansion
- Digitimes Research: iPad Pro shipments to be less than 3 million units in 4Q15
Dassault Systemes, a European multinational software company that develops 3D design, 3D engineering,...
Nvidia CEO Jen-Hsun Huang has been outspoken with his predictions about future technologies and products,...
During a Digitimes interview, Global Sales and Operations senior vice president B.S. Teh for Seagate...
At this point most consumers are not that familiar with the USB Type C specification but it has the...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...