- 10 Dec 2015:
- Samsung has established new organizations that target and pursue new business initiatives to prepare for future growth. The company has formed an automotive components team, which will initially focus on building its competencies in infotainment and autonomous driving vehicles.
- 9 Dec 2015:Intel and TSMC have both started trial production for LG's own processor called Nuclun 2 using different methods.
- Qualcomm said Taiwan's Fair Trade Commission has launched an investigation into whether the chipmaker's patent licensing arrangements violate the Taiwan Fair Trade Act.
- 8 Dec 2015:Marvell Technology said two government agencies are investigating its accounting and other issues, adding to pressures facing the chip maker since its board launched an internal probe in September.
- After waiting three long years for the current fourth-generation Apple TV box to turn up, a reported leak from Apple's supply chain suggests that a fifth generation Apple TV will be arriving much more quickly.
- TCL will go to CES with a 110-inch curved Ultra HD TV that features high dynamic range and wide color gamut, but the company isn't talking yet about price or availability.
- The price of oil fell to its lowest level since 2009 as global production continues to remain high.
- On Monday, China's central bank reported $3.4 trillion in foreign exchange reserves, the lowest level since early 2013. November was one of the biggest drops ever.
- 6 Dec 2015:South Korean financial regulators on Friday said they were investigating whether nine executives from Samsung, the country's largest conglomerate, used insider trading to profit illegally from a merger of two subsidiaries.
- 4 Dec 2015:At the Paris climate summit earlier this week, Spanish Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy pledged to "de-carbonize" his economy. But back home, Spain's biggest renewable energy company is on the verge of becoming the country's biggest-ever bankruptcy.
- Revolution Lighting Technologies Provides LED Lighting Solutions for Forest City Ratner Companies Parking Facilities (Dec 3) - CNNRevolution Lighting Technologies has announced that its operating division, Tri-State LED, provided RVLT G3 LED tubes for a two-phase LED retrofit project of the parking facilities at Westchester's Ridge Hill shopping center, located in Yonkers, NY. The property is managed by Forest City Ratner Companies.
- I'll start with the bad news. Even though TVs with 4K/Ultra high-definition resolution have been available for a couple of years now, there still aren't a lot of actual 4K TV shows and movies available.
- Vimeo is venturing into 4K streaming. The company today announced that it'll begin supporting Ultra HD streams for a subset of users, with everyone else receiving functionality some time early next year, Variety reports.
- 3 Dec 2015:
- 2 Dec 2015:China's unabashed interest in foreign chipmakers in an already record year of deals has been quickly read by rivals as a sign that mergers and acquisitions (M&As) will get more competitive and target companies will get more expensive.
- 1 Dec 2015:British scientists have invented a new type of touchscreen material that requires very little power to illuminate, with vivid colours and high visibility in direct sunlight.
- There has been a rapid decline in the costs of solar and wind power, to such an extent that both technologies are now cheaper than nuclear or coal. This development will radically transform global electricity generation networks.
- Denmark and the island of Samso is the "Go To" destination for the world to learn about the successful transition to the low-carbon economy.
- Microsoft co-founder and philanthropist Bill Gates unveiled plans Monday by an international coalition to invest billions of dollars in clean-energy projects to combat global warming.
- More Ultra HD content (aka 4K content) is coming to DirecTV consumers soon. The satellite service provider has updated plans to launch a live 4K broadcasting service "early in 2016," reports Advanced Television. Sports transmissions are already being tested.
- Altera discloses heterogeneous SiP devices that integrate HBM2 DRAM with FPGAs (Nov 9) - Company releaseAltera has disclosed the industry's first heterogeneous System-in-Package (SiP) devices that integrate stacked High-Bandwidth Memory (HBM2) from SK Hynix with high-performance Stratix 10 FPGAs and SoCs.
- According to G for Games, a Weibo user who has posted accurate details about unconfirmed Apple plans in the past revealed that the iPhone maker is currently testing five different iPhone 7 versions.
- Abu Dhabi's investment arm is considering a sale of all or part of chipmaker Globalfoundries as the emirate explores asset disposals amid a slump in crude oil, people familiar with the matter said.
- The new head of Samsung Electronics' phone business helped develop its mobile payment and security platforms, exemplifying Vice Chairman Lee Jae Yong's focus on software innovations as a way to gain distance from rival devices.
- Samsung Group vice Chairman Lee Jae Yong faces his first real test as the conglomerate's de facto leader, and it doesn't look good for executives at the mobile-phone division.
- 30 Nov 2015:Integrated Device Technology (IDT) has announced an agreement to acquire privately held ZMDI (Zentrum Mikroelektronik Dresden) for total consideration of US$310 million in cash. The acquisition provides IDT with a highly regarded Automotive & Industrial business, and extends their technology leadership in high performance programmable power devices and timing & signal conditioning.
- Digitimes Research: China smartphone AP shipments to fall almost 20% in 1Q16
- Digitimes Research: Taiwan makers ship 10.235 million LCD TVs in 4Q15
- Digitimes Research: Konica Minolta showcases flexible OLED lighting panels at Lighting Japan 2016
- Digitimes Research: China smartphone shipments increase 11.5% on quarter in 4Q15
- Chinese Semiconductor Industry's Latest Move: Sage Micro's Low-key Acquisition of Initio
- CAYIN Invites Visitors to Think Outside Digital Signage at ISE 2016
- AVEXIR launched ROG certified memory: Unleash your ROG spirit
- Critical materials council to be managed by TECHCET in 2016
- NANIUM's latest WL3D solution reduces space required by 5X
- Unisys IT Implementation of Unisys Stealth Solution for Data Center Segmentation
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Perforce Software Wins Develop Industry Excellence Award for the Second Year in a Row
- Perforce Teams with Leading Git Client Developer fournova
- Perforce Introduces Helix GitSwarm: Flexible Git Ecosystem Mirrored to a Powerful Mainline Repository
- Perforce Helix Distributed Version Control System Brings Greater Flexibility While Maintaining Enterprise-class Security, Auditability and Control
- Perforce Powers Development of Legacy Quest for iOS and Android
- Digitimes Research: Global all-in-one PC shipments to drop 3.9% on year in 2015
- Mentor Graphics Veloce VirtuaLAB adds protocols for networking designs
- Mouser Electronics undergoing expansion
- Digitimes Research: iPad Pro shipments to be less than 3 million units in 4Q15
- Digitimes Research: Shrinking tablet market prompts China touch panel supply chain to look for growth elsewhere
Nvidia CEO Jen-Hsun Huang has been outspoken with his predictions about future technologies and products,...
During a Digitimes interview, Global Sales and Operations senior vice president B.S. Teh for Seagate...
At this point most consumers are not that familiar with the USB Type C specification but it has the...
Buoyed by its ZenFone series smartphones, Asustek Computer has captured a portion of the global smartphone...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...