- 5 Jun 2014:
- 4 Jun 2014:
- 3 Jun 2014:
- Broadcom has announced it is exploring strategic alternatives for its cellular baseband business, including a potential sale or wind-down.
- 30 May 2014:In the post-Jobs era, did Apple just drop $3 billion on cool?
- A Chinese manufacturer of wireless charging coils has reportedly sent them to Apple for certification for the much-rumored smartwatch.
- 29 May 2014:
- 28 May 2014:
- 27 May 2014:Sony has taken steps toward selling PlayStation gaming consoles in China as chief executive Kazuo Hirai seeks to tap players in the world's largest market and rebound from a projected sixth loss in seven years.
- Interest in Apple's annual Worldwide Developers Conference increased a few notches on Monday thanks to a new report that claims the Cupertino-based company is planning to reveal a connected smart home initiative during the keynote.
- 26 May 2014:Countries around the world are showing increased interest in developing solar energy but perhaps none is more unusual than Saudi Arabia, which exports more oil than any other nation.
- For incoming Prime Minister Narendra Modi, securing India's energy needs over the next decade ranks among his greatest challenges and one that will likely see him both compete and cooperate with China, the United States and Russia.
- Japan Display Inc, the world's biggest maker of liquid crystal displays for smartphones and tablets, is considering setting up a joint venture with Sony Corp and Panasonic Corp to develop organic light-emitting diode (OLED) displays, sources familiar with the matter said.
- Apple has released a minor update through the OS X 10.9.3. The latest Mavericks Mac operating system offers improved support for 4K display for the 15-MacBook Pro and newest Mac.
- Sony Corp. plans to form joint ventures with a Chinese firm to re-enter that country's game-console market, as it bets on strong PlayStation sales to help turn around its troubled consumer-electronics division.
- Following up on a jury verdict, Apple has asked a court in California to order Samsung Electronics to stop using features that were found to infringe three of its patents.
- 23 May 2014:The feature could eventually find its way to future iPhones if Apple decides to bring bendable features to the devices.
- The Narendra Modi government is likely to harness solar power and give a fillip to development of offshore wind energy so as to provide electricity to every household in the near future, industry officials said today.
- When Nvidia's G-Sync technology hit the PC gaming scene last year, there was a vocal group of enthusiasts crying out for a 4K model.
- The decision to make 4K content proprietary displays some truly stunning corporate hubris by two of the biggest players in Ultra HD "4K," potentially sabotaging its very adoption and acceptance.
- 22 May 2014:
- 21 May 2014:
- 20 May 2014:
- India's new government led by Narendra Modi plans to harness solar power to enable every home to run at least one light bulb by 2019, a party official said.
- I interviewed Harry Forbes about whether it makes sense for companies with warehouses to invest in solar energy. Harry is a colleague at the ARC Advisory Group and is our expert on electric power, renewable energy, and energy management. I spoke with him about the prospects for solar energy as applied to warehouses.
- Google has opened up an Instagram account.
- Google has held talks to purchase video service Twitch Interactive Inc. to boost its YouTube site, according to a person with knowledge of the matter.
- 19 May 2014:
- Digitimes Research: Taiwan digital camera shipments in 2Q14 up 43.3% sequentially
- Digitimes Research: Smartphone AP shipments in China to grow 2H14
- Digitimes Research: Taiwan makers ship over 67 million large-size TFT-LCD panels in 2Q14
- Digitimes Research: China sees increased tablet AP shipments in 2Q14
- ABB and Volvo form global partnership for electric and hybrid bus fast-charging
- Accurate Analysis of Multi-Gigabit Systems Using HSPICE
- GIGABYTE's EasyTune App makes overclocking a breeze on new Intel Pentium Anniversary Edition CPUs
- OAXIS adds a second E Ink screen to your smartphone with launch of InkCase+ on Kickstarter
- Indium announces RMA-155 Pb-Free Solder Paste
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Digitimes Research: On-cell touch panels unlikely to win favor in high-end smartphones in 2014
- Digitimes Research: Hisilicon AP to give Huawei cost advantage in high-end mobile device market
- Commentary: Panel makers need to be more active in developing products
- Digitimes Research: Google looking to clean up Android device mess in emerging markets
- Digitimes Research: Youngfast, Melfas looking beyond G1F touch
MediaTek has taken up to 60% of the 3G handset solution market in China, pushing the market value of...
AMD has been reorganizing its businesss, such as moving its desktop business headquarters to Beijing,...
Intel president Renee James, during a recent interview, told Digitimes that the company and its partners...
According to a recent IDC research note, the transition toward mobile and cloud-based computing is...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...