- 17 Feb 2016:
- In 2015, the Bosch Group recorded sales of over 70 billion euros for the first time, according to preliminary figures. The company succeeded in increasing revenue by approximately 10% last year. Earnings also further improved.
- 16 Feb 2016:
- Google's balloon-powered high-speed internet service known as "Project Loon" has started testing in Sri Lanka ahead of a planned joint venture with the government.
- Vaio, the personal computer maker spun off from Sony Corp. in 2014, is closing in on a three-way merger with rivals to create a producer that can dominate Japan and weather a shrinking global PC market.
- Intel has disclosed a compensation package that could be worth more than $25 million for an executive recruited from rival Qualcomm who will hold a pivotal position at the chip giant.
- 15 Feb 2016:Japan's GDP shrank by 1.4% in the last three months of 2015, the government said Monday, underlining the challenges for officials who have been trying for years to drag the world's third-largest economy out of stagnation.
- Chinese trade started 2016 on a weak note as January exports declined far more than expected in the face of weak demand and slower production ahead of the just-ended Lunar New Year holiday.
- Qualcomm announced three more mid-range chips today -- the Snapdragon 625, 435 and 425 -- all of which use Cortex-A53 CPU cores. The company also unveiled a gigabit LTE modem.
- Micron announced that it is shipping 2 bit per cell flash memory (MLC) and three bit per cell (TLC) 3D flash memory and that the majority of its total NAND flash output will be on 3D NAND by the second half of 2016.
- Qualcomm has introduced Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear, a new platform for next generation wearable devices, and the Snapdragon Wear 2100 system-on-chip (SoC), the first in a new product family designed to bring new and enhanced wearable experiences to consumers.
- Sir Hossein Yassaie, the CEO of graphics core licensor Imagination Technologies Group, has stepped down as chief executive amid a growing financial crisis at the company he has guided for many years.
- 5 Feb 2016:Samsung gave a peek at its 10nm finFET technology and an advanced 128 Mbit SRAM made in the process in a paper at the International Solid-State Circuits Conference (ISSCC) here.
- A jury has ordered Apple to pay $626 million in damages after finding that iMessage, FaceTime and other Apple software infringed on another company's patents.
- The European Commission has cut its forecast for economic growth in the eurozone this year.
- 4 Feb 2016:Toshiba said it would record the biggest annual loss in its 140-year-old history as the firm wrote down the book value of several units, including energy and infrastructure, while restructuring costs ballooned.
- Qualcomm is poised to get a crucial stamp of approval for its fledgling push into server chips, a market dominated by Intel.
- 2 Feb 2016:Mayer is expected to appear on video with Chief Financial Officer Ken Goldman after Yahoo announces fourth-quarter earnings to unveil a plan aimed at slashing the Internet company's costs, including the closure of several business units and a reduction of up to 15% of its workforce, said people familiar with the matter.
- 1 Feb 2016:
- 29 Jan 2016:Apple has issued a voluntary recall of millions of its two-prong AC wall plugs after incidents of them breaking and causing electric shocks.
- 28 Jan 2016:The smartphone business is maturing and Qualcomm is feeling it.
- 27 Jan 2016:
- One of China's largest internet companies is intensifying its efforts to crack the African market with a bid to disrupt Facebook's WhatsApp with a rival messenging service.
- Nagraj Kashyap has agreed to join the venture capital arm of Microsoft, after spending the last 12 years leading Qualcomm Ventures.
- The Shanghai Integrated Circuit Investment Fund (SICIF) has announced a plan to invest CNY20 billion (US$3 billion) in foundry Semiconductor Manufacturing International (SMIC) and two other Shanghai-based chip manufacturers, according to a Moody's Investors Service report.
- STMicroelectronics said it will shut down its set-top-box chip business and eliminate or redeploy 2,000 jobs as Chief Executive Officer Carlo Bozotti seeks to cut losses at the unprofitable unit. Shares of Europe's biggest semiconductor maker jumped.
- 26 Jan 2016:Sprint has axed at least 2,500 jobs across six customer care centers and its Kansas headquarters as part of its plan to cut $2.5 billion in costs, a company spokeswoman said on Monday.
- 23 Jan 2016:Xilinx shares are on the move Thursday-fully erasing January's 8.2% decline-following the chip maker's fiscal third-quarter report. But the results, solid as they were, aren't the reason.
- 22 Jan 2016:
- Advantest VOICE 2016 Developer Conference Opens May 10 in San Diego, CA and May 18 in Taiwan, Offering Technical Sessions, Keynote Speakers, Interactive Kiosks and Networking Activities
- Elo expands projective capacitive touchscreen line
- GSMA announces further details for Mobile World Congress Shanghai 2016
- With a decade of achievements, AVEXIR Technologies establishes itself as gamers' favorite
- KMF protection class II: Compact power entry module for protection class II equipment
- Unisys IT Implementation of Unisys Stealth Solution for Data Center Segmentation
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Perforce Software Wins Develop Industry Excellence Award for the Second Year in a Row
- Perforce Teams with Leading Git Client Developer fournova
- Perforce Introduces Helix GitSwarm: Flexible Git Ecosystem Mirrored to a Powerful Mainline Repository
- Perforce Helix Distributed Version Control System Brings Greater Flexibility While Maintaining Enterprise-class Security, Auditability and Control
- Perforce Powers Development of Legacy Quest for iOS and Android
- Digitimes Research: 4 million 9.7-inch iPad Pros to ship in 1H16
- Digitimes Research: Global all-in-one PC shipments to drop 3.9% on year in 2015
- Mentor Graphics Veloce VirtuaLAB adds protocols for networking designs
- Mouser Electronics undergoing expansion
- Digitimes Research: iPad Pro shipments to be less than 3 million units in 4Q15
Dassault Systemes, a European multinational software company that develops 3D design, 3D engineering,...
Nvidia CEO Jen-Hsun Huang has been outspoken with his predictions about future technologies and products,...
During a Digitimes interview, Global Sales and Operations senior vice president B.S. Teh for Seagate...
At this point most consumers are not that familiar with the USB Type C specification but it has the...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...