- 12 Dec 2014:
- The number of smartphone users worldwide will surpass 2 billion in 2016, according to new figures from eMarketer, representing over a quarter of the global population.
- In India, probably the most important market for Xiaomi after China, Swedish electronics maker Ericsson has alleged that the Chinese company is infringing on eight Ericsson patents.
- 11 Dec 2014:US ceramics manufacturing group CoorsTek is buying Japanese semiconductor-materials maker Covalent Materials from Carlyle and a local buyout fund, ending a rocky lossmaking investment spanning eight years.
- Many sensors, including MEMS devices, require thorough calibration and test before being assembled into the end node device.
- Online search giant Google is shutting down its Google News service in Spain before a new intellectual property law is introduced.
- On a busy road in the center of town here, a string of green lights embedded in the bike path - the "Green Wave" - flashes on, helping cyclists avoid red traffic lights.
- Ram Power is a geothermal developer. Like many geothermal developers before it (Remember Nevada Geothermal?), the company had been overly optimistic about the potential of its geothermal resources.
- Was green energy just a fad? With cheap oil, Americans buy gas guzzlers again (Dec 10) - The GuardianOil is down to $2.67 a gallon, so Americans are buying a lot more SUVs and pickup trucks. Are US drivers giving up on renewable energy while gas prices are low?
- Electrochemical processing method improves success rate of manufacturing OLED displays - Business LineA Korean research team has successfully developed a technology to promise an ultra-high resolution OLED display, which are acknowledged to be next-gen displays, through a production conversion process. -
- 10 Dec 2014:
- Given the amount of confusion surrounding 4K connections right now, it's great to find that the 55AX900 is as bang up to date as it could be.
- In OLED systems, the process is simplified. Each subpixel organically produces its own light, thereby dispensing of the need for a backlight. This comes with several added benefits such as lighter weight, flexibility and transparency.
- TCL sold 1.4 million LCD TVs in November, down 23.8%.
- The full YouTube experience is headed to your living room, Apple TV users.
- 9 Dec 2014:According to Qualcomm, everything is working as scheduled, and the Snapdragon 810 will still be able to ship in 2015H1.
- Suddenly cheap oil prices may spur economic re-calculations across the board, but many analysts are sticking with a still-sunny outlook for renewable energy take up.
- When Universal Display signed a long-term license agreement with Samsung Display in mid-2011, its stock understandably skyrocketed in response.
- LG has refocused on bringing OLED screens to market, forming a dedicated division exclusively focused on the display format.
- 8 Dec 2014:
- 5 Dec 2014:Germany's US$132 billion green energy lead is fortified by EON's split with fossil fuels (Dec 2) - BloombergEON SE (EOAN)'s plan to spin off its fossil-fuel plants marks a watershed moment in Germany's renewables effort that will likely bolster the country's already leading position in clean energy.
- NDP MP who co-owns renewable energy business gets inside information on government green spending (Dec 3) - National PostA New Democrat MP who is president and co-owner of a renewable energy business has been using his parliamentary privilege to have the federal government document all of its spending on green energy since 2006.
- Canada's oil corporations have made a profitable mess of the country: it's time to put them under public, democratic control.
- Armed with strong system integration capabilities, Tatung launches smart green building solutions
- Taiwan ICT manufactures at CeBIT 2015
- Clientron announces PCoIP Zero Client availability for Amazon WorkSpaces
- Gigabyte Secret OC session unlocks 9 World Records
- The rise of new enter in touch industry, TOI introduce large size IC to the market
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Digitimes Research: Sub-US$300 15.6-inch Chromebooks to fuel notebook competition in 1Q15
- Digitimes Research: GoPro to further integrate social media and platform services into 2015 products
- Digitimes Research: AMOLED offers competitive wearable displays
- Digitimes Research: Verizon to ship three million own-brand tablets in 2015
- Digitimes Research: Lenovo mobile device shipments to lead Samsung by 9 million units in 2015
The development of network functions virtualization (NFV) solutions will become mature in 2015 and...
The move by Globalfoundries to acquire IBM's semiconductor business unit and to team up with Samsung...
The global wireless charging market is set for an explosive growth in 2015 as wireless charging applications...
NAND flash chip controller maker Phison Electronics has seen its sales grow robustly in 2014. And under...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...