- 11 Sep 2014:
- 10 Sep 2014:
- 9 Sep 2014:
- AU Optronics (AUO), part of the BenQ group, has announced a range of new display panels that are based upon its AHVA (Advanced Hyper Viewing-Angle) panel technology. This technology is said to be the equivalent to LG Display's IPS technology (and Samsung's PLS) and offers similar visual and performance characteristics to such screens.
- Vladimir Putin has a death grip around Europe's neck, and he could deliver the final squeeze at any moment.
- A vote for independence in Scotland may halt work on renewable power projects that support 14 billion pounds ($23 billion) of investment and 12,000 jobs by raising questions about how developers would get subsidies, an energy supplier said.
- German businesses grapple with green energy costs (Sep 7) - Financial Times (USE The Financial Times)Power prices paid by Germany's Mittelstand companies have reached twice the level facing some of their US rivals, underlining the threat posed to the country's competitiveness by its shift to renewable energy.
- Marc Newson has become the latest world-renowned designer to join Apple, it has been announced. Newson, who has designed watches in the past, has worked on designs with Apple recently, prompting further speculation the company is planning to move into new product areas.
- The screen's resolution comes in at 5120x2880, which is pretty ridiculous. The UltraSharp 27 Ultra HD 5K Monitor has twice the resolution of a 4K monitor and seven times the resolution of vanilla-HD. Dell is saying that it's designed for professionals who need the highest possible resolution.
- 4K TV owners will have more options for content as 4K Blu-ray discs and players could arrive as early as the 2015 holiday season, according to TechRadar.
- Panasonic has expanded its 4K Ultra HD TV lineup at the IFA 2014 consumer electronics trade show which kicked off in Berlin earlier this week.
- Apple is hosting an event that starts at 10 a.m. Pacific time, 1 p.m Eastern, on Tuesday Sept. 9 at the Flint Performing Arts Center in Cupertino, Calif., Apple's hometown.
- 6 Sep 2014:
- 5 Sep 2014:
- 4 Sep 2014:
- 3 Sep 2014:
- 2 Sep 2014:
- 1 Sep 2014:
- 29 Aug 2014:IKEA has invested in a Scottish company that specialises in energy efficient LED lighting technologies.
- The firm said a curved 65in (165cm) set would go on sale in Europe, South Korea and North America in September.
- The Korea tech giant wants to persuade you to fork out for 4K by offering movies and TV shows from Amazon and Netflix in eye-watering detail.
- 27 Aug 2014:
- Digitimes Research: Alibaba faced with difficulties expanding overseas
- Digitimes Research: Taiwan makers continue to focus on a-Si panels for high-end smartphones
- Digitimes Research: Japan TV vendors see their proportion of 50-inch and above size Ultra HD TV sales drop
- Digitimes Research: Intel, Rockchip look to expand x86 presence in tablet AP market
- ASUSTOR launches high performance AS7008T and AS7010T models designed for enterprise and multimedia applications
- Orbotech advances into the IC packaging industry together with SPTS in SEMICON Taiwan 2014
- The highly sophisticated tool for protecting from data security vulnerabilities - MEjW TP-400-I
- The Fortrend OGS received U.S. Patent Certificate
- G.SKILL Releases World's Fastest DDR4 3333MHz Memory, Available Now! The Bleeding Edge of Speed Has Arrived!
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Digitimes Research: Intel looking to promote x86 architecture to China chip designers
- Digitimes Research: Intel to see strong tablet AP shipments in 2H14
- Commentary: Apple Watch pioneering user interface will make around 10% of users Think Different
- Digitimes Research: Asustek detachable devices face size hurdle
- Digitimes Research: Apple refocuses on 9.7-inch iPad in 2H14
Karbonn, the second-largest India-based handset vendor, is looking into in-house production. Digitimes...
Sales of handsets in the India market reached 61.07 million units in the first quarter of 2014, with...
With increasing competition from AMOLED, TFT LCD display manufacturers are beginning to look to quantum...
As India's handset market is continuing to grow, local vendors including Lava, Spice, Intex and GI...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...