- 21 Jul 2014:
- Chinese telecom equipment maker Huawei has reported a 19% jump in sales to 135.8bn yuan (US$21.9bn) for the first six months of 2014.
- 16 Jul 2014:
- 15 Jul 2014:
- In April of this year, Google GOOGL +1.3% announced that it had contracted for that much renewable energy over the course of seven different purchase agreements since 2011.
- Harvesting energy from humidity: Free, green energy from leaping water droplets (July 14) - ExtremeTechPostdoc researchers Nenad Miljkovic and engineering professor Evelyn Wang figured out last year that water droplets jumping off a hydrophobic surface could gain an electric charge, but now they're worked out how to capture that energy, essentially pulling power out of thin air.
- KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo said the issues may be related to the new in-cell touch panels, which struggle with touch sensitivity on larger screens.
- 14 Jul 2014:
- 11 Jul 2014:
- 10 Jul 2014:
- LG Display announced that it's been able to create an 18-inch OLED panel that has enough give and flexibility to roll into a tube that's a mere 3cm across.
- 9 Jul 2014:The company's new edge-lit 60- and 70-inch UD27U 4K TVs will have native refresh rates of 120Hz, as well as motion-handling features that purportedly simulate a 480Hz refresh rate.
- The amount of "rich technicians in the computer and hi-tech industry" in the Hsinchu area is decreasing, reports our Chinese-language sister newspaper Commercial Times.
- Taiwan's leading flat-panel maker Innolux Corporation and Taiwan-based contract manufacturer Foxconn are set to ship seven million 23.6-inch TVs to Mexico after winning a three-year contract in the country, reports our Chinese-language sister newspaper Commercial Times.
- Philips mentioned that it will explore strategic options to attract capital from third-party investors for the business. It stated as well that it intends to maintain a minority interest in Cree.
- Tata Power & Reliance Power bet big on renewable energy, to spend Rs 1,500 cr each (July 8) - Economic TimesTwo of the country's largest power producers Tata PowerBSE -1.52 % and Reliance PowerBSE -1.14 % are betting big on renewable energy and will spend about Rs 1,500 crore each on clean energy projects this fiscal.
- According to the federal U.S. Energy Information Administration, a whopping 67 percent of our electricity comes from fossil fuel sources, including 39 percent from coal. Conversely, renewable energy makes up a measly 13 percent, with hydropower taking the major lead.
- 8 Jul 2014:
- 7 Jul 2014:According to Canon Watch, this future Mark III successor could have 4K video capability, a feature that is becoming common among several new high-end digital cameras, such as those from Sony and Panasonic.
- Tata Sky announces 4K set-top box with the first ever 4K live broadcast in India (July 5) - Tec2.com IndiaTata Sky announced its plans to launch 4K set-top boxes early next year by showing off a live 4K broadcast of the France vs Germany World Cup 2014 Quarter Final tie. This was the first ever 4K broadcast in India and that too of a live event.
- G.SKILL Officially Announces Ripjaws 4 Series DDR4 Memory Kits - Extreme Speed Available Up to DDR4 3200MHz
- Twinwill produces perfect touch products under the supply chain
- Indium Corporation features high-reliability, low-voiding flux coating for solder preforms at IMAPS
- Iceleads announces opening of Taiwan Branch Office to grasp local opportunities
- U-Reach delivers the largest and highest scalability standalone HDD/SSD Duplicator
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Gaining an advantage in emerging markets: Q&A with India-based handset player Micromax
- Voices from India: How can Taiwan best tap the booming India handset market
- Digitimes Research: All-in-one PC shipments to decline in 2014
- Digitimes Research: iPhone ASP falls in 2Q14
- Digitimes Research: On-cell touch panels unlikely to win favor in high-end smartphones in 2014
Karbonn, the second-largest India-based handset vendor, is looking into in-house production. Digitimes...
Sales of handsets in the India market reached 61.07 million units in the first quarter of 2014, with...
With increasing competition from AMOLED, TFT LCD display manufacturers are beginning to look to quantum...
As India's handset market is continuing to grow, local vendors including Lava, Spice, Intex and GI...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...