- 27 Jun 2014:
- Germany proposes higher green-energy surcharge on industrial companies (June 24) - The Wall Street JournalGermany on Tuesday proposed that industrial companies generating their own electricity pay a higher surcharge than previously planned, as the country seeks to keep costs for renewable energy under control and overcome objections from the European Commission.
- Spending watchdog criticises ministers over £16 billion renewable energy deals (June 27) - The GuardianA parliamentary spending watchdog warns today that the government may have handed benefits to corporate power providers at the expense of consumers by awarding £16.6bn of renewable energy contracts without putting them out to competitive tender.
- Denmark will establish a nearly $1 billion green fund to attract private capital to reducing energy consumption, fund renewable energy projects and provide a boost to the nation's job sector, the country's finance minister said on Wednesday.
- The FIFA Football World Cup 2014 in Brasil is expected to be a popular spectator sport in India.
- LG is looking into cranking up production of plastic OLED displays for smartwatches and phones (June 25) - Business InsiderLG Display Co will consider whether to make additional investments to boost production capacity of plastic OLED displays for smartwatches and smartphones, the company's chief executive said.
- 26 Jun 2014:
- Google gave developers an early look at Android TV at its I/O conference Wednesday, its newest attempt to let Android-based devices work better with HDTVs, set-tops and other entertainment systems.
- 25 Jun 2014:
- 24 Jun 2014:
- 23 Jun 2014:
- Rumor: Foxconn to hire 100,000 workers for July 'iPhone 6' production, Pegatron gets 30% of orders (June 23) - Apple InsiderA report on Monday claims Apple partner manufacturer Foxconn will supposedly hire some 100,000 people in a ramp up toward July production of the next-generation iPhone, while secondary supplier Pegatron is also preparing to increase recruitment efforts after netting a 30% share of orders.
- Ultra HD 4k HDTVs a waste of money over 1080p for PC, PlayStation, and Xbox gamers? (June 22) - InquisitirIs an Ultra HD 4k HDTV a waste of money in comparison to the now standard 1080p when it comes to PC, PlayStation, and Xbox gamers?
- Shrinking the options for green energy is probably not what the leaders of the State of California have in mind. But that may be what's happening.
- America's Department of Defense has set a bold goal to generate a quarter of its power from renewable energy sources by 2025.
- The dueling operating systems from Apple Inc. and Google Inc. already run on 95 percent of the smartphones sold around the world. Now the two giants are about to go head to head in the next frontier of mobile computing: the automobile.
- Apple reportedly enlists Kobe and other star athletes to test iWatch fitness tech (June 23) - Tech RadarApple has called upon superstar athletes to put the rumoured iWatch through its paces in professional training environments, a report has claimed.
- 20 Jun 2014:Renewable energy naysayers like Robert Bryce ("Dreaming the Impossible Green Dream," op-ed, June 12) ignore the most productive renewable technology (as does most public policy), solar thermal.
- With a price war underway, the Chinese are taking share from top players in the United States, Europe and Japan, the industry pioneers that made crucial technological breakthroughs, and from Taiwan and South Korea, previously the leaders in low-priced LEDs.
- Apple is planning multiple versions of its smartwatch, likely to be launched in the fall, people familiar with the matter said, as the company tries to counter wearable devices from rivals such as Google and Samsung Electronics.
- 19 Jun 2014:
- 18 Jun 2014:
- 17 Jun 2014:Tata Power recently crossed the milestone of 500MW renewable energy capacity with the commissioning of solar plant at Palaswadi in Maharashtra.
- Currently, Germany is in the process of backtracking from overly generous subsidies for renewables because they've resulted in skyrocketing electricity prices and increased carbon emissions.
- Accurate Analysis of Multi-Gigabit Systems Using HSPICE
- GIGABYTE's EasyTune App makes overclocking a breeze on new Intel Pentium Anniversary Edition CPUs
- OAXIS adds a second E Ink screen to your smartphone with launch of InkCase+ on Kickstarter
- Indium announces RMA-155 Pb-Free Solder Paste
- EverFocus' great leap forward: eZ Hopper
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Digitimes Research: On-cell touch panels unlikely to win favor in high-end smartphones in 2014
- Digitimes Research: Hisilicon AP to give Huawei cost advantage in high-end mobile device market
- Commentary: Panel makers need to be more active in developing products
- Digitimes Research: Google looking to clean up Android device mess in emerging markets
- Digitimes Research: Youngfast, Melfas looking beyond G1F touch
MediaTek has taken up to 60% of the 3G handset solution market in China, pushing the market value of...
AMD has been reorganizing its businesss, such as moving its desktop business headquarters to Beijing,...
Intel president Renee James, during a recent interview, told Digitimes that the company and its partners...
According to a recent IDC research note, the transition toward mobile and cloud-based computing is...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...