- 21 Oct 2014:Tim Cook not worried about China slowdown, says Apple is "investing like crazy" (Oct 21) - VenturebeatIn an otherwise gonzo quarter for Apple, there were two notable soft spots. One was declining iPad sales, which was not a surprise.
- 30 Sep 2014:The iPhone 6 will be sold in China from Oct 17, after rigorous regulator scrutiny led to Apple reassuring the Chinese government that the smartphones did not have security "backdoors" through which US agencies can access users' data.
- 18 Sep 2014:
- 17 Sep 2014:Panasonic has unveiled a hybrid smartphone-camera at the Photokina trade show in Cologne.
- 16 Sep 2014:
- 9 Sep 2014:Marc Newson has become the latest world-renowned designer to join Apple, it has been announced. Newson, who has designed watches in the past, has worked on designs with Apple recently, prompting further speculation the company is planning to move into new product areas.
- Apple is hosting an event that starts at 10 a.m. Pacific time, 1 p.m Eastern, on Tuesday Sept. 9 at the Flint Performing Arts Center in Cupertino, Calif., Apple's hometown.
- 14 Aug 2014:Big data analytics and data from wearable computing offer potential to improve monitoring and treatment of Parkinson's disease. Intel-built big data analytics platform combines hardware and software technologies to provide researchers with a way to more accurately measure progression of disease symptoms.
- 25 Jul 2014:BlackBerry is in talks with rival technology groups about partnerships to compete with the newly forged alliance between Apple and IBM.
- Baidu will focus on investing and marketing its mobile applications in the second half to compete with services backed by Tencent after posting earnings that beat analyst estimates.
- 22 Jul 2014:In China, more people now access the internet from a mobile device than a PC (July 20) - The Next WebChina Internet Network Information Center (CNNIC) shows that the percentage of Chinese users accessing the Internet via mobile grew to 83.4% as of June 2014, for the first time surpassing the percentage of users who access the internet via PCs (80.9%).
- 21 Jul 2014:Chinese telecom equipment maker Huawei has reported a 19% jump in sales to 135.8bn yuan (US$21.9bn) for the first six months of 2014.
- 15 Jul 2014:
- KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo said the issues may be related to the new in-cell touch panels, which struggle with touch sensitivity on larger screens.
- 4 Jul 2014:Online bookseller Amazon is not keen on making changes to the operation of freemium in-app charging software sold through its application stores, according to reports.
- 3 Jul 2014:
- Qualcomm has announced that it has taken two major steps to enable the industry to deliver multi-gigabit wireless with 60 GHz technology for mobile, computing and networking devices.
- 24 Jun 2014:
- 23 Jun 2014:Rumor: Foxconn to hire 100,000 workers for July 'iPhone 6' production, Pegatron gets 30% of orders (June 23) - Apple InsiderA report on Monday claims Apple partner manufacturer Foxconn will supposedly hire some 100,000 people in a ramp up toward July production of the next-generation iPhone, while secondary supplier Pegatron is also preparing to increase recruitment efforts after netting a 30% share of orders.
- The dueling operating systems from Apple Inc. and Google Inc. already run on 95 percent of the smartphones sold around the world. Now the two giants are about to go head to head in the next frontier of mobile computing: the automobile.
- Apple reportedly enlists Kobe and other star athletes to test iWatch fitness tech (June 23) - Tech RadarApple has called upon superstar athletes to put the rumoured iWatch through its paces in professional training environments, a report has claimed.
- 20 Jun 2014:Apple is planning multiple versions of its smartwatch, likely to be launched in the fall, people familiar with the matter said, as the company tries to counter wearable devices from rivals such as Google and Samsung Electronics.
- 9 Jun 2014:Amazon has launched a new video showing people being amazed at a something that appear to have a unique operation.
- 3 Jun 2014:Broadcom has announced it is exploring strategic alternatives for its cellular baseband business, including a potential sale or wind-down.
- 30 May 2014:A Chinese manufacturer of wireless charging coils has reportedly sent them to Apple for certification for the much-rumored smartwatch.
- 26 May 2014:Following up on a jury verdict, Apple has asked a court in California to order Samsung Electronics to stop using features that were found to infringe three of its patents.
- 13 May 2014:
- 6 May 2014:Samsung's new Tab S tablets will feature 2560?1600 AMOLED displays, fingerprint sensors - leak (May 5) - Andorid AuthoritySamsung is going to launch a brand new line of Android tablets soon, according to a credible report. Dubbed Galaxy Tab S, these devices will feature powerful specifications, fingerprint sensors, and high definition AMOLED displays.
- 29 Apr 2014:Samsung Electronics has reported a 4% fall in sales at its mobile phone unit.
- 23 Apr 2014:
- 21 Apr 2014:When Microsoft's acquisition of Nokia's devices and services business closes, the software giant plans to rename Nokia Oyj to Microsoft Mobile Oy, according to a letter sent to suppliers.
- 18 Apr 2014:
- HTC hired the former head of marketing at Samsung Electronics' US mobile phone business as an adviser to chairman Cher Wang, according to two people familiar with the matter.
- 17 Apr 2014:Faulty charger forces Nokia to halt Lumia 2520 tablet sales for electric shock risk (April 17) - PC WorldNokia has temporarily halted sales of the Lumia 2520 in seven countries, because the tablet's AC-300 charger can give users an electric shock.
- 14 Apr 2014:Apple has only "60 days left to either come up with [an iWatch] or they will disappear," analyst Trip Chowdhry told CNBC last month. "It will become a zombie, if they don't come up with an iWatch."
- Samsung brought in heavyweight champion Google to fight in its corner in its latest patent bout with Apple in the US on Friday.
- Huawei has announced the appointment of Xu Wenwei (William Xu) as chief strategy marketing officer, Ding Yun (Ryan Ding) as president of Products & Solutions, Zou Zhilei as vice president of the Carrier Business Group and Yan Lida as vice president of the Enterprise Business Group.
- Google could come to Samsung Electronics' defense against Apple during their new patent trial that started Friday.
- 8 Apr 2014:Nokia has won approval from Chinese competition authorities to sell its mobile phone business to Microsoft without having to change its main technology patent practices, it said on Tuesday.
- Paving the Way to Flexible, Customer-centric Telco Services with SDN and NFV
- Imagination joins 5G Innovation Centre to drive development of next-generation mobile data networks
- Smart Taiwan Pavilion at MWC Shanghai: Exploring innovative Taiwan 4G mobile applications
- A leading Taiwan IC fabless crafts versatile RF technology: Interview with Peter Chen, product marketing manager of AMICCOM
- Jorjin launch SimpleLink module solutions for Internet of Everything
- Fujitsu converts Fujitsu Toshiba Mobile Communications into a wholly owned subsidiary
- NEC reaks the speed barriers of microwave transmission with ultra high modulations
- LSI completes acquisition of SandForce
- Fujitsu introduces ARROWS Z ISW11F au smartphone
- PSCo Technical Distribution partners with Matrox to offer fully integrated turnkey video walls
- Digitimes Research: China smartphone shipments see weaker-than-expected growth in 2Q15
- Digitimes Research: White-box players pushing 10.1-inch Windows tablets
- Digitimes Research: Microsoft to partner with Acer, Lenovo and Inventec for US$169-249 Windows 10 notebooks
- Computex 2015: BioLogic SportCase wins Design and Innovation Award
- Digitimes Research: Microsoft patent fee cut to attract vendors to pre-install apps in Android products
HTC has launched its flagship smartphone M8
A portal for information about Taiwan's WiMAX industry.
TD-LTE is the mainstream global choice for 4G asymmetric frequency spectrum networks
Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2015, hosted from March 2-5 in Barcelona, Spain gathered mobile device vendors worldwide to showcase their latest mobile...
Notebook vendor Acer aims to ship at least five million smartphones in 2015 and plans to hike the shipments...
Socionext, a Japan-based corporation focused on the design, development, and sales of system-on-chip...
Computex has evolved into one of the biggest and most important ICT trade shows in the world since...
Although the company has not been operating in the gaming notebook industry for long, Gigabyte Technology...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2010
The global handset market did not have a banner year in 2009, with overall shipments of 1.167 billion units representing a drop of 3.2% from the previous year,...
- Taiwan handset industry overview - Jun 2008
The use of handsets continues to grow around the world, both in mature and emerging markets, as the communication devices become ever more ingrained in people's...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2007
Global handset shipments topped 977 million units in 2006, according to Digitimes Research, with Taiwan-based handset makers accounting for 14% of the market on...