- 25 Aug 2015:
- 24 Aug 2015:
- 21 Aug 2015:
- 19 Aug 2015:
- 18 Aug 2015:Linus of LinusTechTips just published the 9-minute video above that explores whether shooting video at 4K resolution is worth it. Using both a Panasonic GH4 and a Sony FS700, Linus and his team take to discovering the links between video resolution, video bitrate, and downsampling.
- 17 Aug 2015:
- Apple is building a self-driving car in Silicon Valley, and is scouting for secure locations in the San Francisco Bay area to test it. Documents show the oft-rumoured Apple car project appears to be further along than many suspected.
- A purported iPhone 6s benchmark posted by blog Ringer Blue Men shows that the new device only has 1GB of RAM, or just as much as last year's iPhone 6 had. If accurate, this would be a major disappointment.
- 14 Aug 2015:
- Motorola Mobility began laying off about 500 employees Thursday, cutting 25% of its Chicago workforce just over a year after moving from Libertyville into a new headquarters in the Merchandise Mart.
- 13 Aug 2015:
- Lenovo is laying off 3,200 employees and trimming down its smartphone portfolio in response to a slowdown in its PC and handset sales.
- Jeff Sheley, a Northland analyst, wrote: "We now believe that Intel will capture roughly 50% of Apple's modem business in the upcoming iPhones due to launch September 9th."
- At least 17 people died and hundreds more were injured.
- 12 Aug 2015:Apple is a company that's accustomed to being loved by its customers. Carriers, on the other hand, are companies consumers love to hate.
- Bernstein has cut its target price by 25% on the company amid intense 3G competition and weak demand.
- "To catch up with Qualcomm as soon as possible, we will pour 30 billion yuan, and probably even more, into the R&D of mobile chips in the next few years," Chairman Xu Jinghong was quoted as saying in an interview. A Tsinghua Holdings spokeswoman confirmed Xu's comments to the newspaper.
- 10 Aug 2015:
- 7 Aug 2015:
- Smartphones have overtaken laptops as the UK's preferred device for accessing the internet, according to an Ofcom survey, highlighting the need for businesses to adapt their strategies for mobiles.
- SanDisk has reached agreement with SK Hynix to modify and extend their intellectual property licensing relationship and enter into a multi-year commercial relationship under which SK Hynix will supply its DRAM products to SanDisk. These agreements include a settlement of the trade secret misappropriation suit filed by SanDisk in 2014.
- Qualcomm has announced that its subsidiary, Qualcomm Atheros, has entered into a definitive merger agreement to acquire Ikanos Communications, a high performance broadband networking semiconductor and software provider enabling both central office and home gateway solutions.
- 6 Aug 2015:
- Digitimes Research: Sony CIS capacity ramp to affect Taiwan supply chain
- Digitimes Research: Top-5 notebook vendors and top-3 ODMs see dropping shipment performance in July
- Digitimes Research: Samsung Artik products to support Arduino standard
- Digitimes Research: Global tablet shipments to decline 15% on year in 3Q15
- EverFocus Announces the Release of EQN100
- Gigastone secures rights to distribute PhotoFast in the USA
- GrassWonder Selfie Robot opens up a value chain full of creativity
- Robotic Automation Propels Manufacturing Transformation
- Omnichannel retail delivery solution from Unisys enables Taiwanese banks to offer consistent, personalised service across all banking channels
- Unisys IT Implementation of Unisys Stealth Solution for Data Center Segmentation
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Digitimes Research: Intel processor shipments rely on Windows tablets for growth
- Digitimes Research: Tablets with phone functionality from white-box players to suffer over 15% decline in 2Q15
- Digitimes Research: Intel 28nm SoFIA 4G AP delayed to early 2016; may face overlap issue with 14nm version
- Digitimes Research: White-box players pushing 10.1-inch Windows tablets
- Silicon providers main beneficiaries of enthusiast PC growth; opportunities exist for vendors to raise profits with innovative products, says HWinsights
Taiwan notebook Original Design Manufacturers (ODMs) account for more than 90% of global notebook production and Digitimes is there to provide daily...
Acer has been pushing its new product lines such as Chromebook, gaming devices and 2-in-1 devices in 2015, looking to maximum its profits.
The early success Google's Android platform has achieved in the handset market has caused system makers, software developers and semiconductor players...
The Computex show will host from June 2-6 and will focus on three major topics: IoT, mobile applications and cloud computing technology.
The acquisition of Freescale by NXP Semiconductors will make NXP the world's second largest MCU supplier...
Competition in the graphics card market has grown fierce as demand for graphics cards from the gaming...
Socionext, a Japan-based corporation focused on the design, development, and sales of system-on-chip...
Computex has evolved into one of the biggest and most important ICT trade shows in the world since...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - Jun 2011
The motherboard industry began 2010 with optimism and expected to see a reversal of the previous two years' declines in revenues and shipments as the impact of...