- 7 Mar 2014:OS X 10.9.2 was just released last week, but Apple has already begun testing for version 10.9.3, and the update will apparently come with some goodies for users of 4K displays. According to a report by 9to5Mac, the new update enables HiDPI "Retina" scaling on 4K displays that didn't offer the option in previous OS X versions.
- Samsung Electronics defeated Apple's bid for a court order barring US sales of some Samsung smartphones that were found to infringe Apple patents in a ruling that may affect a trial over current products.
- 4 Mar 2014:Broadcom collaborates with Datang Mobile to develop 4G LTE small cell solution (February 25) - Company releaseBroadcom has announced that Datang Mobile, a core subsidiary of the Datang Telecom Technology and Industry Group, has selected Broadcom's dual-mode TD-SCDMA/TD-LTE system-on-chip (SoC) to develop a new family of enterprise and residential small cell solutions.
- 27 Feb 2014:Project Ara: Google wants to turn mobile devices into pieces of clever Lego (Feb 27) - SiliconRepublicDespite ditching Motorola, Google's plans to disrupt the smartphone world continue apace and the internet giant is intent on converting phones from closed devices to modular devices whose components can be stuck together to achieve different outcomes.
- The companies are already selling lots of phones. But most of those sales are coming in China, and both companies admit they have work cut out for them elsewhere, including in the United States.
- eASPNet joins Alcatel-Lucent ng Connect Program as strategic partner
- Taiwan International Smart Green City Summit commences November 1, 2013
- Digitimes Research: Notebook brands and ODMs ramp up shipments in August
- Digitimes Research: Application processor market evolving with profound changes
- Silicon Image introduces new Ultragig 6400-based Gamechanger accessory reference designs for mobile devices
- Fujitsu converts Fujitsu Toshiba Mobile Communications into a wholly owned subsidiary
- NEC reaks the speed barriers of microwave transmission with ultra high modulations
- LSI completes acquisition of SandForce
- Fujitsu introduces ARROWS Z ISW11F au smartphone
- PSCo Technical Distribution partners with Matrox to offer fully integrated turnkey video walls
- Digitimes Research: China smartphone vendors rely on international brands for overseas expansion
- Is a US$25 smartphone possible?
- Digitimes Research: Apple triggers 64-bit AP battle
- Digitimes Research: MediaTek hikes turn-key value by virtue of Hotknot
- Digitimes Research: Xiaomi to see strong competition at home, unlikely to achieve 2014 shipment target
TD-LTE is the mainstream global choice for 4G asymmetric frequency spectrum networks
A portal for information about Taiwan's WiMAX industry.
China-based smartphone vendors have seen their global presence expand.
The struggling BlackBerry has announced a major workforce cut and a plan to sell the company.
While Digitimes is known as a media outlet, the company also includes a business unit that solely focuses...
Chunghwa Telecom (CHT), Taiwan Mobile (TWM) and Far EasTone Telecommunications (FET), the three largest...
Smartphone ODM Arima Communications has decided to expand its product lines to include tablets, smart...
While Mozilla has offered Firefox OS for less than two years, the operating system based on HTML5 and...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2010
The global handset market did not have a banner year in 2009, with overall shipments of 1.167 billion units representing a drop of 3.2% from the previous year,...
- Taiwan handset industry overview - Jun 2008
The use of handsets continues to grow around the world, both in mature and emerging markets, as the communication devices become ever more ingrained in people's...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2007
Global handset shipments topped 977 million units in 2006, according to Digitimes Research, with Taiwan-based handset makers accounting for 14% of the market on...