- 8 Apr 2016:
- 7 Apr 2016:The improved outlook comes amid reports of strong sales of its latest flagship smartphone models, the Galaxy S7.
- 6 Apr 2016:The patent application, filed in South Korea, shows a contact lens equipped with a tiny display, a camera, an antenna, and several sensors that detect movement and the most basic form of input using your eyes: blinking. The display projects images directly into the eye of the wearer. An external device, a smartphone, is needed for processing.
- 1 Apr 2016:
- Chinese tech giant Huawei's net profit totaled US$5.7 billion for the full year to December 2015, boosted by demand for its smartphones, among other devices.
- 31 Mar 2016:Micron Technology gave a fiscal third-quarter forecast that missed analysts' estimates due to weaker demand for personal computer components.
- Multiple reports indicate Samsung's Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge are seeing stronger-than-expected initial sales.
- 30 Mar 2016:
- 29 Mar 2016:Major Japanese automakers and autoparts suppliers will join hands in research and development of autonomous driving vehicles to narrow the gap with US and European rivals.
- On Monday, March 28, Dell announced it is selling its IT services unit to NTT Data of Japan for more than US$3 billion.
- Cybercriminals using "ransomware" are shifting their sights from individual targets to bigger ones, Intel Security Group's Steve Grobman said Monday.
- Both the new MediaTek Helio X20 and Helio X25 System-on-Chips are cited in these unreleased and unseen Galaxy S7 models as well as the Samsung Exynos 8890.
- 28 Mar 2016:
- Samsung has begun shipping its dynamic random access memory (DRAM) chips made with 18-nanometer tech at its fabrication lines in Hwaseong, south of Seoul.
- 25 Mar 2016:Sony has formed a new company that will be dedicated to making games for smart devices. The company, ForwardWorks, is set to officially open its doors on April 1.
- Apple's recent launch of a smaller iPad Pro has left a bad taste in my mouth. Steve Jobs precision around Apple keynotes may be legendary, but there are enough reports from his time as CEO of Apple to back up the tightly scripted proceedings, the lengthy rehearsals, and the measured impact of every word. Tim Cook and core team will have seen that accuracy in action.
- The technology market may be rough, but that's not stopping business computing giants from investing in fast-rising startups.
- Google is once again in trouble with Europe's authorities about privacy. The company was fined $112,000 on Thursday by France's data protection watchdog for failing to comply with demands to extend a European privacy ruling across its global domains, including Google.com in the United States.
- The Facebook phone would have been an 'iPhone-like moment,' says the exec who led it (Mar 23) - RecodeFacebook was working on a "beautiful" and "groundbreaking" phone designed by Yves Béhar in 2010, but it didn't yet have the money to make a big bet.
- 24 Mar 2016:Less than a year after Sony shuttered its PlayStation Mobile service-which brought PlayStation content to Android devices-Sony has launched ForwardWorks. The new division will "leverage the intellectual property" of PlayStation games to create games for iOS and Android devices, but only in Asia and Japan.
- KMF protection class II: Compact power entry module for protection class II equipment
- QSAN works with Seagate to showcase large-scale high definition IP-camera solution
- Industry 4.0 in Hannover Messe 2016 leads manufacturers to cross-industry innovations
- Clientron to display its latest POS terminals at Food & Hotel Asia 2016 Expo
- YC Synergy makes inroads into vehicle application as fuel cell market emerges
- Unisys IT Implementation of Unisys Stealth Solution for Data Center Segmentation
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Perforce Software Wins Develop Industry Excellence Award for the Second Year in a Row
- Perforce Teams with Leading Git Client Developer fournova
- Perforce Introduces Helix GitSwarm: Flexible Git Ecosystem Mirrored to a Powerful Mainline Repository
- Perforce Helix Distributed Version Control System Brings Greater Flexibility While Maintaining Enterprise-class Security, Auditability and Control
- Perforce Powers Development of Legacy Quest for iOS and Android
- Digitimes Research: 4 million 9.7-inch iPad Pros to ship in 1H16
- Digitimes Research: Global all-in-one PC shipments to drop 3.9% on year in 2015
- Digitimes Research: iPad Pro shipments to be less than 3 million units in 4Q15
- Digitimes Research: Intel processor shipments rely on Windows tablets for growth
- Digitimes Research: Tablets with phone functionality from white-box players to suffer over 15% decline in 2Q15
Virtual reality has become the latest topic of the PC industry with players such as Samsung, HTC, Google and Sony, all aggressively pushing into.
HTC is banking on its VR device to revive its business
Taiwan notebook Original Design Manufacturers (ODMs) account for more than 90% of global notebook production and Digitimes is there to provide daily...
With demand for cloud computing services continues rising, more players have joined the server market to compete for orders and are now targeting Europe...
Dassault Systemes, a European multinational software company that develops 3D design, 3D engineering,...
Nvidia CEO Jen-Hsun Huang has been outspoken with his predictions about future technologies and products,...
During a Digitimes interview, Global Sales and Operations senior vice president B.S. Teh for Seagate...
At this point most consumers are not that familiar with the USB Type C specification but it has the...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - Jun 2011
The motherboard industry began 2010 with optimism and expected to see a reversal of the previous two years' declines in revenues and shipments as the impact of...