- 6 Nov 2015:
- 5 Nov 2015:
- Qualcomm said Wednesday that its revenue and profits fell in both the fourth quarter and the year as it struggled to get Chinese customers to pay for licenses.
- 4 Nov 2015:
- 3 Nov 2015:Qualcomm has signed a new worldwide 3G/4G license agreement with ZTE. The license includes terms that are consistent with the rectification measures that Qualcomm submitted to China's National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC) in February, 2015.
- 2 Nov 2015:Samsung Electronic's earnings are heading in the right direction for the first time in nearly two years thanks to its semiconductor and display businesses.
- 29 Oct 2015:Samsung Electronics is tapping its $50 billion cash pile to buy back shares and invest in its components business after struggles in the smartphone division battered investors. Shares surged.
- 27 Oct 2015:Sony's FMP X10 4K UHD media player is already starting to look just a little tiny bit dated now that a number of new streaming 4K UHD media boxes have emerged for the home entertainment market.
- Steadily rising yields at LG's OLED-panel manufacturing facilities made it possible for the company to roll out OLED TVs to more than 2,000 brick-and-mortar stores, drop prices of the four newest Ultra HD 4K models by 30 to 45 percent, and bring out a 1080p OLED display at $1,999, said Tim Alessi, head of product development at LG Electronics USA.
- This is a huge development for the company's data center business, as its long-term goal is to become a complete provider of data center solutions.
- 26 Oct 2015:
- In what may be another sign that Apple is getting serious about cars, the company has hired Jonathan Cohen, the director of deep learning for chip-maker Nvidia. Nvidia is best-known for its graphics products used for computer games, but it has recently been pushing into the world of autonomous vehicles.
- It's now being rumored that Keller has joined Samsung, where he'll begin work in the mobile processor division.
- 23 Oct 2015:
- SK Hynix has returned to the consumer solid state drives market again, three years after the company disappeared in the market in 2012.
- 22 Oct 2015:
- 21 Oct 2015:Intel to spend at least $3.5 billion converting China plant for memory chips (Oct 20) - Marketwatch.com (Dow Jones)Intel's move comes as the chip industry undergoes a wave of consolidation and China steps up efforts to build local technology manufacturing capacity.
- 20 Oct 2015:
- The two companies could reach a deal as soon as this week.
- 19 Oct 2015:
- Intel now has a thousand people or more working to outfit a 2016 iPhone with its lauded 7360 LTE modem chip, sources say. If all goes well, Intel may end up providing both the modem and the fabrication for a new Apple system on a chip.
- The investment firm has lowered its estimates for the component suppliers to Apple, in the wake of disappointing feedback regarding iPhone 6s sales from carrier surveys.
- 16 Oct 2015:Apple appears to be facing a fight over up to $400 million now that a jury has ruled it infringed on a patent owned by the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- A report about the blockbuster Dell and EMC deal found that customers of the two companies view the deal in a different light.
- PEZY and Imagination team up to develop next-generation HPC systems
- Imagination and Testin partner to accelerate time-to-market for app development in Greater China
- CAYIN Enters Video Wall Battle Field with the Launch of SMP-8000
- Digi-Key to celebrate company milestone of 50 million packages shipped
- Kilopass announces breakthrough memory technology for IoT devices
- Unisys IT Implementation of Unisys Stealth Solution for Data Center Segmentation
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Digitimes Research: iPad Pro shipments to be less than 3 million units in 4Q15
- Digitimes Research: Intel processor shipments rely on Windows tablets for growth
- Digitimes Research: Tablets with phone functionality from white-box players to suffer over 15% decline in 2Q15
- Digitimes Research: Intel 28nm SoFIA 4G AP delayed to early 2016; may face overlap issue with 14nm version
- Digitimes Research: White-box players pushing 10.1-inch Windows tablets
Taiwan notebook Original Design Manufacturers (ODMs) account for more than 90% of global notebook production and Digitimes is there to provide daily...
The early success Google's Android platform has achieved in the handset market has caused system makers, software developers and semiconductor players...
Notebook brand vendors have been postponing their RFQ processores for 2016orders, lacking development direction and waiting for Intel new Skylake processors...
Apple has released its latest innovations including the iPhone 6s and 6s Plus, iPad Pro and new Apple TV.
Notebook vendor Acer aims to ship at least five million smartphones in 2015 and plans to hike the shipments...
The acquisition of Freescale by NXP Semiconductors will make NXP the world's second largest MCU supplier...
Competition in the graphics card market has grown fierce as demand for graphics cards from the gaming...
Socionext, a Japan-based corporation focused on the design, development, and sales of system-on-chip...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - Jun 2011
The motherboard industry began 2010 with optimism and expected to see a reversal of the previous two years' declines in revenues and shipments as the impact of...