- 29 May 2014:
- 28 May 2014:
- 27 May 2014:Sony has taken steps toward selling PlayStation gaming consoles in China as chief executive Kazuo Hirai seeks to tap players in the world's largest market and rebound from a projected sixth loss in seven years.
- Interest in Apple's annual Worldwide Developers Conference increased a few notches on Monday thanks to a new report that claims the Cupertino-based company is planning to reveal a connected smart home initiative during the keynote.
- 26 May 2014:Apple has released a minor update through the OS X 10.9.3. The latest Mavericks Mac operating system offers improved support for 4K display for the 15-MacBook Pro and newest Mac.
- Sony Corp. plans to form joint ventures with a Chinese firm to re-enter that country's game-console market, as it bets on strong PlayStation sales to help turn around its troubled consumer-electronics division.
- 22 May 2014:
- 21 May 2014:
- 20 May 2014:Google has opened up an Instagram account.
- Google has held talks to purchase video service Twitch Interactive Inc. to boost its YouTube site, according to a person with knowledge of the matter.
- 19 May 2014:
- 6 May 2014:Netflix began offering 4K streams last month. On Friday, the company took to its blog to talk up its capabilities and the future of the ultra high-def format for the streaming service.
- 29 Apr 2014:The US Department of Homeland Security is advising Americans not to use the Internet Explorer Web browser until a fix is found for a serious security flaw that came to light over the weekend.
- 25 Apr 2014:
- 21 Apr 2014:
- When Microsoft's acquisition of Nokia's devices and services business closes, the software giant plans to rename Nokia Oyj to Microsoft Mobile Oy, according to a letter sent to suppliers.
- 18 Apr 2014:
- In short, the Fire TV is basically a combination of Apple's iTunes rentals and Netflix's smorgasbord of content in a single box.
- 17 Apr 2014:
- 15 Apr 2014:Google embeds cameras in contact lenses to aid the blind - telegraph.com.uk (USE Daily Telegraph (UK))Google has filed a patent application to embed miniature cameras into contact lenses which could help the blind
- Comcast customers are seeing a big boost in streaming video speed after a deal between Netflix and the broadband giant
- Web ad giant Google will buy Titan Aerospace, presumably to help it cover the world in internet connectivity beamed from drones and balloons.
- 14 Apr 2014:Over two decades ago, I was in a theme park near London and in a small room tucked out of the way and with a far smaller queue than any of the vomit-inducing rides outside, sat two large seats with computers built into them.
- Google could come to Samsung Electronics' defense against Apple during their new patent trial that started Friday.
- Digitimes Research: Taiwan digital camera shipments in 2Q14 up 43.3% sequentially
- Digitimes Research: China sees increased tablet AP shipments in 2Q14
- Digitimes Research: Japan promoting service robots
- Digitimes Research: Optical-use sapphire demand to reach 12.44 million mm of 2-inch equivalents in 2014
- ABB and Volvo form global partnership for electric and hybrid bus fast-charging
- Accurate Analysis of Multi-Gigabit Systems Using HSPICE
- GIGABYTE's EasyTune App makes overclocking a breeze on new Intel Pentium Anniversary Edition CPUs
- OAXIS adds a second E Ink screen to your smartphone with launch of InkCase+ on Kickstarter
- EverFocus' great leap forward: eZ Hopper
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Efficient Network Management for Digital Signage
- Digitimes Research: Hisilicon AP to give Huawei cost advantage in high-end mobile device market
- Digitimes Research: Google looking to clean up Android device mess in emerging markets
- Digitimes Research: Google to expand Chromebooks into consumer market
- Digitimes Research: Fierce price competition revives GG touch panel demand
- Turning a smartphone into a PC in a pocket: Q&A with Analogix
Taiwan notebook Original Design Manufacturers (ODMs) account for more than 90% of global notebook production and Digitimes is there to provide daily...
The early success Google's Android platform has achieved in the handset market has caused system makers, software developers and semiconductor players...
Computex 2014 will be hosted from June 3-7 at the Taipei World Trade Center in Taiwan.
Notebook ODMs have announced their shipments in June
AMD has been reorganizing its businesss, such as moving its desktop business headquarters to Beijing,...
Intel president Renee James, during a recent interview, told Digitimes that the company and its partners...
According to a recent IDC research note, the transition toward mobile and cloud-based computing is...
As a long runner in the motherboard industry, Elitegroup Computer Systems (ECS) has been competing...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - Jun 2011
The motherboard industry began 2010 with optimism and expected to see a reversal of the previous two years' declines in revenues and shipments as the impact of...