- 19 Apr 2017:Those anxiously awaiting the redesigned iPhone, however, may have to wait because supply constraints could mean the device isn't readily available until one or two months after the typical fall introduction.
- 18 Apr 2017:Rambus revealed Monday (April 17) that the company, in collaboration with Microsoft researchers, has succeeded in prototyping cryogenic memory. The new technologies will be essential to data centers, "currently the fastest growing consumer of memory" in the industry, Craig Hampel, chief scientist at Rambus, told EE Times.
- 17 Apr 2017:BlackBerry will likely spend surprise $815 million arbitration award on acquisitions (Apr 13) - Marketwatch.com (Dow Jones)BlackBerry's $815 million arbitration award in a dispute with Qualcomm is a positive for the company and it's likely to use the money to seek acquisitions to bolster its business, analysts said Wednesday.
- Taiwan's Foxconn has asked for SoftBank Group's cooperation in its bid for Toshiba Corp's prized memory chip unit, the Nikkei business daily reported on Friday.
- 14 Apr 2017:
- There is growing concern that many of the algorithms that make decisions about our lives - from what we see on the internet to how likely we are to become victims or instigators of crime - are trained on data sets that do not include a diverse range of people.
- 13 Apr 2017:Follow the current and you see signs of other activity within the Apple supply chain core. Credit Suisse this morning warns that Synaptics may also be at risk as its biggest client moves component design in house.
- 12 Apr 2017:A recent report out of Japan says three of tech's biggest and most prominent companies are interested in bidding on Toshiba's memory chip business. Can this be true?
- Dialog Semiconductor's shares plunged the most in more than 16 years after an analyst warned that Apple probably will cut back on the use of the company's power-management chips.
- 11 Apr 2017:
- 7 Apr 2017:
- IBM said it will offer the latest Nvidia GPU, the Tesla P100, in the IBM Cloud as it aims to grab artificial intelligence, machine learning, and high performance computing workloads.
- Macronix files new 337 complaint regarding certain non-volatile memory devices (Mar 7) - ITC 337 Law BlogThe complaint specifically refers to Toshiba flash memory chips and products containing such chips-including memory cards, solid-state drives, wearable devices, digital camcorders, mobile devices, advanced audiovisual systems, car navigation systems, computers, servers, and other consumer electronic devices-as infringing products.
- Samsung Electronics is expecting operating profits of KRW9.9 trillion ($8.8 billion) for the first quarter of 2017, its second-highest quarterly profit, thanks to strong performance from its chip business and despite the absence of the Galaxy Note 7.
- 6 Apr 2017:A Chinese court has ordered Samsung Electronics' mainland subsidiaries to pay CNY80 million ($11.60 million) to Huawei Technologies for patent infringement, the China firm's first victory against Samsung on its legal challenges over intellectual property.
- "The biggest benefit I think is convenience," said Patrick Mesterton, co-founder and CEO of Epicenter. As a demonstration, he unlocks a door by merely waving near it. "It basically replaces a lot of things you have, other communication devices, whether it be credit cards or keys."
- 5 Apr 2017:Record earnings at Samsung Electronics' chip division are set to propel the tech giant's first-quarter profit to a three-and-a-half-year high, and the quarters ahead could be even better if its newest smartphone, Galaxy S8, is a success.
- Apple Vs. Imagination Technologies: Unexpected, uncertain and uniquely Apple? (Apr 4) - Seeking AlphaImagination Technologies was forced to issue an announcement on Apple's intention to stop using its GPU tech in the next 15-24 months. With over 50% of Imagination Technologies' revenue coming from Apple alone, its share price understandably collapsed 70%.
- Today brings a report from Credit Suisse's John Pitzer, who maintains a Neutral rating on Intel shares, and a $35 price target. He concedes Intel has shown it maintains its manufacturing lead. He's just not sure it will be enough to give the company the edge it needs.
- The French utility company Engie said it was exercising "contractual rights" to sell its shares because NuGen was "facing some significant challenges."
- 31 Mar 2017:Fingerprint Cards, the Swedish maker of biometric ID sensors, said revenue is set to fall more than 50% in the first quarter as device manufacturers cut back on orders amid a stubborn inventory backlog.
- Toshiba shareholders agreed to split off its prized NAND flash memory unit on Thursday, paving the way for a sale to raise at least $9 billion to cover US nuclear unit charges that threaten the conglomerate's future.
- 29 Mar 2017:
- Tencent, Asia's second highest valued tech firm, has bought a five percent share in Tesla. According to a filing, the Chinese firm scooped up 8,167,544 shares for around $1.7 billion to become one of Tesla's largest shareholders.
- Innodisk's latest SSD hits the sweet spot
- Microtips pioneers wireless charging platform development to jointly create an industry ecosystem
- Celebrating its 20th anniversary, Microtips focuses on continuing revenue growth rather than rapid expansion
- QSAN Launches QCache 2.0 for XCubeSAN
- Clientron to showcase its POS innovation at Food & Hotel Indonesia 2017(FHI 2017)
- Unisys IT Implementation of Unisys Stealth Solution for Data Center Segmentation
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Perforce Software Wins Develop Industry Excellence Award for the Second Year in a Row
- Perforce Teams with Leading Git Client Developer fournova
- Perforce Introduces Helix GitSwarm: Flexible Git Ecosystem Mirrored to a Powerful Mainline Repository
- Perforce Helix Distributed Version Control System Brings Greater Flexibility While Maintaining Enterprise-class Security, Auditability and Control
- Perforce Powers Development of Legacy Quest for iOS and Android
- Taiwan market: Paypal enhances service by disabling domestic payment processing
- Digitimes Research: 4 million 9.7-inch iPad Pros to ship in 1H16
- Digitimes Research: Global all-in-one PC shipments to drop 3.9% on year in 2015
- Digitimes Research: iPad Pro shipments to be less than 3 million units in 4Q15
- Digitimes Research: Intel processor shipments rely on Windows tablets for growth
Digitimes trackes the latest trends in industrial computing applications, including IoT, Industry 4.0 and automation and robotics.
Taiwan notebook Original Design Manufacturers (ODMs) account for more than 90% of global notebook production and Digitimes is there to provide daily...
Virtual reality has become the latest topic of the PC industry with players such as Samsung, HTC, Google and Sony, all aggressively pushing into.
With gaming products becoming popular and VR/AR applications having become the latest topics in the IT market, will VR/AR help save the IT industry in...
AMD has been aggressively looking to expand its presence in the PC market. It has released its new...
Kuka Robotics, as the world's leading maker of robots used in automobile manufacturing, has been making...
Qualcomm agreed in late 2016 to buy NXP Semiconductor for about US$47 billion in the biggest-ever deal...
To help foster the development of related wireless charging technology in Taiwan, the Wireless Power...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - Jun 2011
The motherboard industry began 2010 with optimism and expected to see a reversal of the previous two years' declines in revenues and shipments as the impact of...