- 28 Dec 2012:We will not be updating our website or sending daily e-mails on December 31 and January 1. We wish you a Happy New Year!
- 11 Dec 2012:November revenues for Taiwan's IT companies are now available in our financial section.
- 12 Nov 2012:October revenues and 3Q results for Taiwan's IT companies are now available in our financial section.
- 11 Oct 2012:September revenues for Taiwan's IT companies are now available in our financial section.
- 9 Oct 2012:Due to a holiday in Taiwan on Wednesday, October 10, we will not be updating our website or sending out our daily email.
- 5 Oct 2012:An October 4 article has been revised to show that SEMI has published, rather than certified, an industry standard developed by Taiwan's ITRI and PV makers.
- 12 Sep 2012:August revenues and 2Q results for Taiwan's IT companies are now available in our financial section.
- An August 23 article incorrectly implied that Powerchip Technology had completed a reduction in its paid in capital. The downsizing has been approved and is set to be carried out by the end of September.
- 4 Sep 2012:An August 31 article incorrectly stated that Dow Chemical is based in Germany. The article has also been updated to clarify that Taiwan accounts for 16% of Dow's Greater China, not Asia Pacific, revenues.
- 3 Sep 2012:An August 29 article has been updated to show that TP Vision has already extended its sales to retail markets.
- 29 Aug 2012:An August 29 article incorrectly stated that TP Vision is a joint venture between TPV Technology and Sharp. TP Vision's stake holders are TPV and Philips.
- 13 Aug 2012:July revenues for Taiwan's IT companies are now available in our financial section.
- 1 Aug 2012:A quote made by an Intel executive in a July 31 article was made tongue and cheek and was not meant to be taken literally.
- 19 Jul 2012:A July 16 article has been updated to show that 2Q12 tablet PC shipments grew 3.3%, instead of seeing a decrease as originally indicated.
- 22 Jun 2012:A June 21 article has been revised to show that according to Sunrise, its P-Type mono-crystalline solar cell series Celco has highest efficiency reaching 20.2%, while most P-Type mono-crystalline solar cells in the market only have average conversion efficiency at 18.6-18.8%.
- 13 Jun 2012:May revenues for Taiwan's IT companies are now available in our financial section.
- 12 Jun 2012:A June 12 article has been updated to include Intel's latest comments.
- 11 Jun 2012:A June 8 article has been revised to correctly state that 45nm and below processes currently account for 58% of Globalfoundries' overall revenues, up from 40% in the fourth quarter of 2011.
- 5 Jun 2012:A June 1 article has been updated to clarify a TI executive's remarks.
- 4 Jun 2012:A June 4 article incorrectly stated Inotera expects its shipment ratio for non-PC DRAM to reach 50% by mid-2012. The correct time-frame is for the end of 2012.
- 23 May 2012:1Q 2012 financial reports for Taiwan's IT companies are now available in our financial section.
- 22 May 2012:A May 15 article carried wrong figures about UMC's 12-inch wafer capacity in the first quarter of 2012. UMC's STSP plant had a quarterly capacity of 140,000 wafers in the first quarter while the 12-inch fab in Singapore (Fab 12i) had 134,000 wafers.
- A May 3 article has been updated to include the response from Toshiba.
- A May 4 press release from VLSI has been updated.
- 21 May 2012:A May 18 report about Intel's plans to launch new CPUs for ultrabooks has been updated with a comment from the company.
- 11 May 2012:April revenues for Taiwan's IT companies are now available in our financial section.
- 30 Apr 2012:Due to a holiday in Taiwan on Tuesday, May 1, we will not be updating our website nor be sending out our daily email.
- 18 Apr 2012:An April 17 article incorrectly reported Socle's 1Q12 revenues were US$185 million. Socle only revealed that sales from the ASIC segment reached NT$185 million in the quarter.
- 11 Apr 2012:March revenues and 4Q 2011 financial reports for Taiwan's IT companies are now available in our financial section.
- 5 Apr 2012:An April 3 article incorrectly reported Inotera's 1Q12 revenues were NT$9.59 billion, the correct figure is NT$7.93 billion.
- An April 2 article about an Intel tablet PC project for emerging markets incorrectly said the project was named StoryBook. The correct codename is StudyBook.
- 3 Apr 2012:Due to a holiday in Taiwan on Wednesday, April 4, we will not be updating our website nor be sending out our daily email.
- An April 2 article has been updated to include G-Tech's response to the report.
- 30 Mar 2012:A March 29 article incorrectly stated that the market for high-density NAND flash would likely face oversupply in the fourth quarter of 2012. The market for high-density NAND flash will likely face tight supply.
- 23 Mar 2012:A March 12 article regarding a change in orders within the optical disc industry has been updated with comments from Moser Baer.
- 13 Mar 2012:February revenues for Taiwan's IT companies are now available in our financial section.
- 3 Mar 2012:A March 1 article carried wrong figures about Inotera's current wafer output and capacity. Rexchip's current output amounts to 65,000 12-inch wafers monthly and its full capacity is 80,000 units per month.
- 24 Feb 2012:Due to a holidays in Taiwan, there will be no news posts, and our daily emails will not be sent out on Monday and Tuesday, February 27-28.
- 17 Feb 2012:A February 16 article carried wrong figures about the size of the glass substrate market and Corning's 2011 sales. The glass substrate market will grow from 3.2 billion square feet in 2011 to 3.6 billion billion square feet in 2012. Corning's Gorilla glass generated revenues of US$710 million in 2011, while the company's overall revenues for the year reached US$7.9 billion.
- 13 Feb 2012:January revenues for Taiwan's IT companies are now available in our financial section.
- 10 Feb 2012:A February 8 article incorrectly stated the power consumption of Intel's Medfield processors is 10W, the correct value is 1.1W.
- 1 Feb 2012:Digitimes is currently implementing a new website layout for our news channel. Readers are encouraged to share any issues encountered on the new site, as well as any feedback or suggestions on the new design.
- 13 Jan 2012:December revenues for Taiwan's IT companies are now available in our financial section.
- GMobi shifting gears aiming for automotive market
- Taiwan Pavilion features innovative smart Taiwan at MWC Shanghai
- Open innovation platform helps shape the landscape of IoT applications
- Institute for information industry and open connectivity foundation join forces to enable global IoT market opportunities for Taiwan-based vendors
- USB-IF promotes USB Type-C connectors to enhance performance and user experience
- Unisys IT Implementation of Unisys Stealth Solution for Data Center Segmentation
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Perforce Software Wins Develop Industry Excellence Award for the Second Year in a Row
- Perforce Teams with Leading Git Client Developer fournova
- Perforce Introduces Helix GitSwarm: Flexible Git Ecosystem Mirrored to a Powerful Mainline Repository
- Perforce Helix Distributed Version Control System Brings Greater Flexibility While Maintaining Enterprise-class Security, Auditability and Control
- Perforce Powers Development of Legacy Quest for iOS and Android
- Digitimes Research: 4 million 9.7-inch iPad Pros to ship in 1H16
- Digitimes Research: Global all-in-one PC shipments to drop 3.9% on year in 2015
- Mentor Graphics Veloce VirtuaLAB adds protocols for networking designs
- Mouser Electronics undergoing expansion
- Digitimes Research: iPad Pro shipments to be less than 3 million units in 4Q15
Qualcomm president Derek Aberle spared his time with Digitimes for an exclusive interview...
Gaming notebooks have become the main focus of Gigabyte Technology's notebook department and despite...
The next wave of computing is now beginning to define the IT industry, where the boundaries of computing...
The launch of virtual reality headsets for the consumer market and the increasing demand for ultra...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...