- 14 Dec 2011:November revenues for Taiwan's IT companies are now available in our financial section.
- 12 Dec 2011:A December 1 article has been updated to include Rohm's denial of placing orders with Cyntec, Yageo or Ta-I.
- A December 9 article regarding SanDisk's NAND flash-related product shipments forecast for 2011 has been corrected. The figures given relate to retail and OEM shipments combined, not only retail as originally stated.
- 25 Nov 2011:A November 21 article has been updated to properly attribute sources.
- 16 Nov 2011:October revenues and 3Q results for Taiwan's IT companies are now available in our financial section.
- 7 Nov 2011:A November 4 article wrongly stated that Chi Lin Technology and Bayer Taiwan had signed a licensing agreement. The two companies have signed a memorandum of understanding.
- 2 Nov 2011:A November 1 article has been updated with corrected figures from SIA. Overall on-quarter sales growth has been updated to 3.5%, previously misstated at 2.1%. Additionally, Japan region on-quarter growth has been updated to 14.9%, previously misstated at 13.7%.
- 13 Oct 2011:An October 11 article incorrectly stated that Powertech's third-quarter revenues dropped 8.7%. Its revenues only dropped 5.36%.
- 11 Oct 2011:September revenues for Taiwan's IT companies are now available in our financial section.
- 7 Oct 2011:Due to the National Day holiday in Taiwan, we will not update our website nor send out our daily email on Monday, October 10.
- 3 Oct 2011:A September 30 article incorrectly wrote Giga Solar will buy back 15,000 million shares of common stock, the correct figure is 15,000 shares.
- 16 Sep 2011:A September 15 article incorrectly stated that Taiwan and Belgium would sign an IT research agreement involving billions of euros. Taiwan is set to sign an agreement with the European Commission Information Society and Media Directorate General to jointly invest several million euros in IT research.
- 13 Sep 2011:August revenues and 2Q results for Taiwan's IT companies are now available in our financial section.
- 9 Sep 2011:Due to the Mid-Autumn Festival holiday in Taiwan on Monday, September 12, we will not update our website nor send out our daily email.
- 1 Sep 2011:An August 31 article carried a headline that incorrectly stated that Freescale won adoption of i.MX 6 MCU from FIC. The headline has been revised to read "Freescale wins adoption of i.MX 6 MPU from FIC."
- 25 Aug 2011:An August 24 article incorrectly stated that Japan accounts for 60% of the global LED lighting market. The article has been revised to read, " LED lighting currently accounts for 60% of the lighting market in Japan due to government incentives."
- 22 Aug 2011:An August 17 article has been updated to show that worldwide 3D projector shipments will reach four million units in 2012.
- An August 18 article incorrectly stated Coretronic's projector revenues for the first half of 2011. The correct sum is NT$8.5 billion.
- 11 Aug 2011:July revenues for Taiwan's IT companies are now available in our financial section.
- 19 Jul 2011:A July 15 article regarding China's solar projects in midwestern regions has been updated to reflect that China's government will complete 800MW of solar projects in Qinghai by end of September 2011.
- 12 Jul 2011:June revenues for Taiwan's IT companies are now available in our financial section.
- 29 Jun 2011:A June 28 article regarding an interview with Motech's chairman incorrectly cited the reasonable demand for China. The article has been updated to reflect that Motech's chairman stated the reasonable demand for China should be above 1GW.
- 27 Jun 2011:A June 23 article regarding Freescale's new 28nm multi-core processors incorrectly cited the company as saying it is working with TSMC on 28nm products. The article has been updated to reflect that Freescale only said that it is working with a key foundry partner.
- 13 Jun 2011:May revenues for Taiwan's IT companies are now available in our financial section.
- 3 Jun 2011:Due to a holiday in Taiwan on Monday, June 6, we will not be updating our website nor be sending out our daily email.
- 31 May 2011:A May 31 article incorrectly attributed media speculation to Nvidia's CEO. The mistake has been corrected.
- 23 May 2011:1Q 2011 financial reports for Taiwan's IT companies are now available in our financial section.
- 16 May 2011:April revenues and 4Q 2010 financial reports for Taiwan's IT companies are now available in our financial section.
- 4 May 2011:A May 3 article has been updated concerning capacity support for Quanta.
- 3 May 2011:An April 27 article regarding Zenitron's outlook for 2011 has been corrected. The company expects eMMC NAND chips to account for US$60-70 million of sales in 2011, compared to US$30 million recorded in 2010, not NT$6-7 billion and NT$3 billion as originally reported.
- 12 Apr 2011:March revenues for Taiwan's IT companies are now available in our financial section.
- 1 Apr 2011:Due to holidays in Taiwan on Monday and Tuesday, April 4-5, we will not be updating our website nor sending out our daily email.
- 29 Mar 2011:A March 28 article has been revised to clarify that it is Wistron that has received LCD TV orders, rather than Inventenc.
- 28 Mar 2011:A March 23 article has been clarified to more clearly represent statements made by ARM Taiwan.
- 22 Mar 2011:A March 21 article wrongly reported that Formosa Epitaxy formed an alliance with Mitsubishi. Formosa Epitaxy's partner is Mitsui.
- 21 Mar 2011:Click here to see all DIGITIMES coverage of the crisis in Japan.
- 14 Mar 2011:A March 11 article wrongly cited Corning's estimates for the 2011 growth of the LCD TV and PC markets in terms of glass substrate demand. Corning's estimates refer to unit sales of LCD TVs and PCs, rather than glass substrates.
- 11 Mar 2011:February revenues for Taiwan's IT companies are now available in our financial section.
- 25 Feb 2011:Due to a holiday in Taiwan, there will be no new news posted or email issued on Monday, February 28.
- 21 Feb 2011:A February 18 article regarding the profitability of SMIC incorrectly quoted figures in billions instead of millions.
- 14 Feb 2011:January revenues for Taiwan's IT companies are now available in our financial section.
- 27 Jan 2011:Due to site maintenance from 21:00 until 22:00 local Taiwan time (UTC+08) on Saturday, January 29, site access may be intermittent. DIGITIMES apologizes for any inconvenience.
- 26 Jan 2011:A January 26 article has been updated to show that the LED segment accounted for 14% of Philips' lighting revenues for 4Q10.
- 21 Jan 2011:A January 20 article incorrectly stated that Renesas saw revenues generated from overseas sales represent 5% of its total revenues in 2010, the correct proportion was 50%.
- 11 Jan 2011:December revenues for Taiwan's IT companies are now available in our financial section.
- 7 Jan 2011:A January 6 article regarding Qualcomm orders to TSMC has been clarified. The original article said the orders where for a CPU, this has been updated to read chip.
- 4 Jan 2011:A January 3 article incorrectly stated that PTI would report sequential revenues growth of 20-30% for fourth-quarter 2010. The growth estimate is actually 2-3%.
- CAYIN's latest digital signage player debuts at InfoComm China 2017
- Advantest VOICE 2017 U.S. and China keynote speakers announced
- QSAN launches XS3200 series SAN storage systems for SMB/enterprise market
- UMC and Synopsys collaboration speeds 14-nm custom design
- Advantest and W2BI to Exhibit Advanced Test Solutions at Mobile World Congress
- Unisys IT Implementation of Unisys Stealth Solution for Data Center Segmentation
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Perforce Software Wins Develop Industry Excellence Award for the Second Year in a Row
- Perforce Teams with Leading Git Client Developer fournova
- Perforce Introduces Helix GitSwarm: Flexible Git Ecosystem Mirrored to a Powerful Mainline Repository
- Perforce Helix Distributed Version Control System Brings Greater Flexibility While Maintaining Enterprise-class Security, Auditability and Control
- Perforce Powers Development of Legacy Quest for iOS and Android
- Digitimes Research: Samsung Note 7 issues may help Apple to regain number-1 crown in 4Q16
- Digitimes Research: 4 million 9.7-inch iPad Pros to ship in 1H16
- Digitimes Research: Global all-in-one PC shipments to drop 3.9% on year in 2015
- Mentor Graphics Veloce VirtuaLAB adds protocols for networking designs
- Mouser Electronics undergoing expansion
Kuka Robotics, as the world's leading maker of robots used in automobile manufacturing, has been making...
Germany's Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology as well as Committee on Foreign Investment in...
Qualcomm agreed in late 2016 to buy NXP Semiconductor for about US$47 billion in the biggest-ever deal...
With 2015 being the 50th anniversary of Moore's Law, one of the hottest topics that has continued to...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...