IT + CE | Aug 25, 21:23
Micro-Star International (MSI) shipped two million graphics cards in the first half of 2016 and is likely to ship five million units in the whole year, growing...
Mobile + telecom | Aug 26, 11:46
Asustek Computer will struggle to attain its revised goal of shipping 25 million smartphones in 2016 due to strong competition it faces from local vendors...
Green energy | Aug 26, 11:59
Google will use renewable energy to power a datacenter in Changhua Coastal Industrial Park, central Taiwan, the company's global energy policy and strategy...
Bits + chips | Aug 26, 10:18
Packaging and testing company Siliconware Precision Industries (SPIL) chairman Bough Lin has urged Taiwan's government to create a more open investment environment for China-based IC companies since China will play a critical role in the world's IC manufacturing business over the next 10 years.
Taiwan supply chain makers to benefit from release of PS4 Neo, PS4 Slim, says paper
Newswatch | Aug 25, 15:20
Digitimes Research: Global tablet shipments to up over 16% on quarter in 3Q16
Aug 25, 10:36
China Internet user base over 709 million at end of June, says CNNIC
Aug 25, 10:11
Digitimes Research: Japan IT vendors stepping into IoT business
Aug 25, 10:06
HTC to take part in TGS 2016
Newswatch | Aug 24, 15:47
China market: Online search valued at CNY21 billion in 2Q16, says Analysys
Aug 24, 15:40
More notebook vendors adopt on-board memory for Apollo Lake-based models
Aug 24, 15:36
IEI Integration sees increased orders for lottery terminals from Gtech
Stockwatch | Aug 24, 12:26
Primax revenues to hit new high in August, says paper
Newswatch | Aug 23, 16:10
Digitimes Research: Japan to focus on developing self-driving, medicare and smart-factory industries
Aug 23, 14:57
China market: B2C transaction value nearly CNY652 billion in 2Q16, says Analysys
Aug 23, 11:58
Acer, Asustek, Samsung preparing to showcase new wearables at IFA 2016, says paper
Newswatch | Aug 23, 11:43
Lenovo shifts component orders back to Taiwan makers
Aug 23, 11:38
- Taiwan notebook ODMs
Taiwan notebook Original Design Manufacturers (ODMs) account for more than 90% of global notebook production...
The early success Google's Android platform has achieved in the handset market has caused system makers,...
- Virtual reality on the rise
Virtual reality has become the latest topic of the PC industry with players such as Samsung, HTC, Google...
- HTC Vive
HTC is banking on its VR device to revive its business
Quartz, SAW filter maker Tai-Saw to see revenues grow by double-digit rate in 2016
Newswatch | Aug 26, 16:09
Microwave device maker UMT looks to brisk sales in 3Q16
Newswatch | Aug 26, 15:15
Taiwan market: Sharp launches Aquos Z2 smartphone
Aug 26, 12:15
Taiwan market: Smartphone sales up slightly in July
Newswatch | Aug 24, 21:37
Taiwan market: Mobile Internet-access infrastructure key to development of mobile payments, says NCC
Aug 24, 20:04
Taiwan market: Acer, CHT jointly launch smart mobile office solutions
Aug 24, 12:17
China-based selfie app vendor Meitu plans IPO in HK, says paper
Newswatch | Aug 24, 12:15
SerComm, Gemtek ramping up small cell production
Aug 23, 15:09
Taiwan market: Sharp to launch Aquos Z2 smartphone for high-end segment
Aug 23, 11:07
LandMark Optoelectronics expects sequential fall in 3Q16 revenues
Stockwatch | Aug 26, 16:07
Industry supply chain eyeing huge mobile-SoC market potential
Aug 26, 13:56
Dialog enters GaN market with integrated devices targeting fast charging power adapters
Aug 26, 10:43
Longsys promotes SDP model to boost SSD sales
Aug 26, 10:11
China firms set to expand presence in global NAND flash market, says DRAMeXchange
Aug 26, 10:05
Consumer IC vendor Sonix to ship over 600 million MCUs in 2016, says report
Newswatch | Aug 25, 21:44
Taiwan PCB production value to rise 8.8% in 3Q16, says IEK
Aug 25, 15:22
Semi, LCD equipment maker Gallant to see EPS double in 2016, says paper
Newswatch | Aug 25, 15:14
Taiwan FTC approves acquisition of HMI by ASML
Aug 24, 20:06
TowerJazz and SMIC sales to surge in 2016, says IC Insights
Aug 24, 15:46
Digitimes Research: China mobile AP shipments increase 8% in 2Q16
Aug 24, 15:37
Nvidia unveils Tegra Parker mobile SoC
Newswatch | Aug 24, 15:28
US fab-tool book-to-bill ratio rises, says SEMI
Aug 24, 13:50
Taiwan July manufacturing production index up, says MOEA
Aug 24, 12:20
Digitimes Research: China firms to share up to 30% of 2016 global fingerprint sensor shipments
Aug 24, 12:11
TSMC 28nm utilization rate to fall on slowdown in Intel orders
Aug 24, 11:59
Digitimes Research: Qualcomm to extend lead in smartphone AP market
Aug 24, 11:55
Prices for handset peripheral chips falling
Aug 24, 11:14
Taiwan attracts foreign direct investment of over US$6 billion in January-July, says MOEA
Aug 23, 11:55
Taiwan July export order value decreases, says MOEA
Aug 23, 11:47
Hua Hong ships 1.2 billion MCUs in 1H16
Aug 23, 11:31
Digitimes Research: China IC self-sufficiency rate to reach 40% by 2020
Aug 23, 11:26
GaN device supply chain remains robust, says Strategy Analytics
Aug 23, 11:18
- Japan earthquake
Earthquakes in Japan often cause huge damage. They have had strong impacts on the country's electronics...
- China: Big plans for homegrown chips
A CNY120 billion (US$19 billion) national industry investment fund has been set up to help local foundries...
- ASE seeking to take up major stake in SPIL
Advanced Semiconductor Engineering (ASE) is seeking to acquire an up to 25% stake in fellow packaging...
- MediaTek steps up expansion with new acquisitions
After acquiring MStar Semiconductor, MediaTek has announced more acquisitions.
- SEMICON Taiwan 2014
Semicon Taiwan 2014 will kick off in Taipei from September 3-5, with this year's theme focusing on...
- Prospects of IC backend sector
Digitimes Research expects Taiwan's IC backend production to outperform global average n 2014
CPT order visibility extends through end of 2016
Aug 26, 15:52
E Ink sees strong shipments for smart e-paper labels
Aug 26, 15:12
Glass substrates in tight supply in 3Q16, says Corning Taiwan president
Aug 26, 14:17
Heraeus showcases flexible, foldable touch panel technology at Touch Taiwan 2016
Aug 26, 10:18
Panel shortages to remain until the end of 2016, say Innolux and AUO chairmen
Aug 25, 15:26
Innolux, AUO chairmen urge government to financially support panel makers
Aug 25, 11:40
Innolux to showcase various notebook-use panels at Touch Taiwan 2016
Aug 23, 15:01
President Tsai Ing-wen and AUO chairman Paul Peng
- Quantum Dot TV technology breaking into the market
LCD TV makers are responding to the challenge of OLED, with quantum dot (QD) technology, curved screens...
Philips Hue 2.0 smart LED lighting systems
- Digitimes Research: Panasonic expected to remain largest automotive Li battery maker, steps into LED automotive lighting
- Digitimes Research: Global tablet shipments to up over 16% on quarter in 3Q16
- Digitimes Research: Japan IT vendors stepping into IoT business
- Digitimes Research: China mobile AP shipments increase 8% in 2Q16
- Innodisk launches power over Ethernet expansion cards suitable for industrial systems
- NEXCOM's full depiction of Cloud-Infused Industry 4.0 at 2016 Taipei Int'l Industrial Automation Exhibition
- International workplace partners with IFSEC Southeast Asia 2016 to deliver dedicated health and safety conference
- Industrial display leader Litemax to showcase world's first resized 4K2K LCDs at InnoTrans
- Rectron is now Avexir official distributor in region of Australia
- Unisys IT Implementation of Unisys Stealth Solution for Data Center Segmentation
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Perforce Software Wins Develop Industry Excellence Award for the Second Year in a Row
- Perforce Teams with Leading Git Client Developer fournova
- Perforce Introduces Helix GitSwarm: Flexible Git Ecosystem Mirrored to a Powerful Mainline Repository
- Perforce Helix Distributed Version Control System Brings Greater Flexibility While Maintaining Enterprise-class Security, Auditability and Control
- Perforce Powers Development of Legacy Quest for iOS and Android
- Digitimes Research: 4 million 9.7-inch iPad Pros to ship in 1H16
- Digitimes Research: Global all-in-one PC shipments to drop 3.9% on year in 2015
- Mentor Graphics Veloce VirtuaLAB adds protocols for networking designs
- Mouser Electronics undergoing expansion
- Digitimes Research: iPad Pro shipments to be less than 3 million units in 4Q15
Corning in late July released its latest cover glass, Gorilla Glass 5, to provide better protection...
Qualcomm president Derek Aberle spared his time with Digitimes for an exclusive interview...
Gaming notebooks have become the main focus of Gigabyte Technology's notebook department and despite...
The next wave of computing is now beginning to define the IT industry, where the boundaries of computing...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...