IT + CE | Dec 9, 11:46
HTC and Acer Starbreeze have joined Google, Oculus, Samsung Electronics and Sony Interactive Entertainment to establish a non-profit organization, the Global...
IT + CE | Dec 9, 11:27
The smart solution business unit under EMS provider Qisda on December 8 signed an MoU with Intel Taiwan for cooperation to promote technology, product development...
Bits + chips | Dec 8, 22:11
IC substrate suppliers Kinsus Interconnect Technology and Nanya PCB have reported on-year declines in consolidated revenues for November 2016 of 7.1% and...
Bits + chips | Dec 8, 10:43
Chipmakers including Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC), United Microelectronics (UMC) and Micron Technology have been informed by their upstream suppliers that prices for 12-inch blank silicon wafers will rise by up to 20% in the first quarter of 2017, according to industry sources.
Inventec to close AIO PC subsidiary TPV-Inventa in 2017, says paper
Newswatch | Dec 9, 16:07
Chicony Power November revenues hit record
Dec 9, 16:03
Quanta revenues rise in November
Stockwatch | Dec 9, 15:54
Compal revenues fall in November
Stockwatch | Dec 9, 15:52
Gigabyte revenues up in November
Stockwatch | Dec 9, 15:49
Foxlink reports decreased revenues for November
Stockwatch | Dec 9, 15:47
Acer revenues drop 2.8% on year in November
Stockwatch | Dec 9, 15:42
Automation component maker Taiwan Chelic reports increased sales for November
Dec 9, 15:35
ECS revenues flat on year in November
Stockwatch | Dec 9, 15:34
Ennoconn denies reports about seeking full ownership of Germany-based S&T
Dec 9, 15:08
Wistron reports record monthly sales in November due to new smartphone orders
Dec 9, 14:55
WinHEC 2016: Microsoft empowers new development opportunities in mixed reality, gaming and cellular PCs
Dec 9, 14:38
Inventec revenues increase in November
Dec 9, 14:11
Delta Electronics to tap Taiwan market for data centers used by financial organizations
Dec 9, 10:57
Chicony Electronics reports revenues for November
Stockwatch | Dec 8, 15:47
Foxconn involved in several lawsuits against employees
Dec 8, 15:26
Intel next-generation top-end CPU platforms ready for 3Q17
Dec 8, 11:47
Advantech revenues up in November
Stockwatch | Dec 7, 15:58
- VR/AR new hope for 2017?
With gaming products becoming popular and VR/AR applications having become the latest topics in the...
- Taiwan notebook ODMs
Taiwan notebook Original Design Manufacturers (ODMs) account for more than 90% of global notebook production...
The early success Google's Android platform has achieved in the handset market has caused system makers,...
- HTC Vive
HTC is banking on its VR device to revive its business
- Virtual reality on the rise
Virtual reality has become the latest topic of the PC industry with players such as Samsung, HTC, Google...
D-Link cooperates with Alpha Networks, Aviacomm for Super Wi-Fi application
Dec 9, 16:11
Digitimes Research: China smartphone industry enjoys shipment growth in 3Q16 thanks to overseas demand
Dec 9, 16:08
Chunghwa Telecom to appoint new chairman
Dec 9, 16:00
Accton reports increased revenues for November
Stockwatch | Dec 9, 15:44
Oppo to begin selling smartphones in US by year-end
Dec 9, 14:08
Taiwan market: LG offers upgrades to Android 7.0 for LG G5
Dec 9, 12:21
Taiwan market: Oppo launches R9s
Dec 8, 13:48
Russia market: Xiaomi smartphones getting popular
Dec 8, 11:43
UMC November revenues up, VIS down
Stockwatch | Dec 9, 16:02
Chin-Poon sees November revenues rise
Stockwatch | Dec 9, 15:58
Tripod reports increased revenues for November
Stockwatch | Dec 9, 15:56
TSMC November revenues rise
Stockwatch | Dec 9, 15:52
Topco Scientific sees November revenues rise
Stockwatch | Dec 9, 15:37
Passive component firm Magic Technology 2016 EPS to top NT$2.50
Dec 9, 14:33
IC distributor Edom to post double-digit revenue growth in 4Q16
Dec 9, 14:24
ASE to raise funds through issuing new shares, bonds
Stockwatch | Dec 9, 11:58
Holtek, Sonix November revenues increase
Dec 9, 11:30
Macroblock 2016 EPS to reach NT$6.50-7
Dec 9, 11:07
Chipbond set to report record 4Q16 revenues
Dec 8, 22:10
Analog, LCD driver IC firms seeing orders slow down
Dec 8, 15:18
Chip orders for entry-level smartphones going down
Dec 8, 15:14
Qualcomm begins commercial sampling of 10nm server chips
Dec 8, 10:47
Imec demos vertically stacked GAA silicon nanowire CMOS transistors
Dec 7, 22:17
ASE IC ATM revenues rise in November
Dec 7, 22:12
Taiwan November export value down on month, up on year, says MOF
Dec 7, 22:09
PTI revenues hit record for 4th straight month
Dec 7, 22:06
MediaTek November revenues hit 7-month low
Dec 7, 22:03
Parade reports increased revenues for November
Newswatch | Dec 7, 21:59
BMC chip vendor Aspeed November revenues hit record high
Newswatch | Dec 7, 21:57
TSMC orders equipment for NT$16 billion
Stockwatch | Dec 7, 21:56
Compeq November revenues hit 12-month high
Stockwatch | Dec 7, 15:52
- The 10nm competition
TSMC and Samsung have been competing for clients for the 10nm node.
- Japan earthquake
Earthquakes in Japan often cause huge damage. They have had strong impacts on the country's electronics...
- China: Big plans for homegrown chips
A CNY120 billion (US$19 billion) national industry investment fund has been set up to help local foundries...
- ASE seeking to take up major stake in SPIL
Advanced Semiconductor Engineering (ASE) is seeking to acquire an up to 25% stake in fellow packaging...
- MediaTek steps up expansion with new acquisitions
After acquiring MStar Semiconductor, MediaTek has announced more acquisitions.
- SEMICON Taiwan 2014
Semicon Taiwan 2014 will kick off in Taipei from September 3-5, with this year's theme focusing on...
Innolux revenues up in November
Stockwatch | Dec 9, 15:40
E Ink Holdings expects to ship 30-40 million smart tags in 2016
Dec 9, 14:52
HannStar Display ships nearly 31 million small- to mid-size panels in November
Stockwatch | Dec 8, 15:42
AUO November revenues up on year
Dec 8, 14:27
TPK Holding sees decreased November revenues
Dec 8, 11:45
- Quantum Dot TV technology breaking into the market
LCD TV makers are responding to the challenge of OLED, with quantum dot (QD) technology, curved screens...
- Ultra HD
Ultra HD is now the industry name for "4K" resolution
- Conexant working with Amazon to create AudioSmart 2-mic development kit for Amazon Alexa
- CEVA creates new value by enhancing IoT and machine learning applications
- DSP applications focus on IoT and computer vision to stimulate new industrial growth
- Innodisk launches digital input/output expansion cards suitable for industrial systems
- AVerMedia introduces video capture and streaming solutions, targeting application opportunities in four major sectors
- Unisys IT Implementation of Unisys Stealth Solution for Data Center Segmentation
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Perforce Software Wins Develop Industry Excellence Award for the Second Year in a Row
- Perforce Teams with Leading Git Client Developer fournova
- Perforce Introduces Helix GitSwarm: Flexible Git Ecosystem Mirrored to a Powerful Mainline Repository
- Perforce Helix Distributed Version Control System Brings Greater Flexibility While Maintaining Enterprise-class Security, Auditability and Control
- Perforce Powers Development of Legacy Quest for iOS and Android
- Digitimes Research: Samsung Note 7 issues may help Apple to regain number-1 crown in 4Q16
- Digitimes Research: 4 million 9.7-inch iPad Pros to ship in 1H16
- Digitimes Research: Global all-in-one PC shipments to drop 3.9% on year in 2015
- Mentor Graphics Veloce VirtuaLAB adds protocols for networking designs
- Mouser Electronics undergoing expansion
With 2015 being the 50th anniversary of Moore's Law, one of the hottest topics that has continued to...
Gary Patton, a 30-year veteran in the semiconductor industry, joined Globalfoundries as CTO in July...
To help foster the development of related wireless charging technology in Taiwan, the Wireless Power...
Silicon Valley based Anaplan, a cloud-based planning and performance management platform provider,...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...