Taiwan notebook ODMs impacted by on-month revenue drops in February
IT + CE | 20min ago
Taiwan touch panel makers drop product pricing; plan to adjust production lines
Displays | 27min ago
Diode makers to post higher revenues in 1Q14
Bits + chips | 29min ago
Digitimes Research: China touch panel makers to see shipments drop 5% in 1Q14
Displays | 48min ago
Adata to deliver dividend of NT$7.07 for 2013
Bits + chips - Newswatch | 1h 10min ago
IT + CE | Mar 10, 21:21
With AMD ready to release an ARM-based server platform in the fourth quarter, sources from server players expect micro-server products based on the platform...
Mobile + telecom | Mar 11, 13:43
HTC, Sony Mobile Communications and LG Electronics appear to have shifted their efforts to focus on the US$300-400 mid-range smartphone segment due to increasing...
LED | Mar 10, 21:18
Epistar, the largest Taiwan-based LED epitaxial wafer and chip maker, had February consolidated revenues of NT$1.982 billion (US$65.4 million) increasing...
Bits + chips | Mar 11, 13:45
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC) has confirmed that its 20nm wafer starts were delayed recently due to a specification issue of materials used in its CMP (chemical mechanical planarization) process. The issue has been resolved, and no shipments will be delayed, said the wafer foundry...
Consumer electronics market tumbles in China as major device shipments slide in 2013, says IHS
Mar 11, 14:37
Foxconn February revenues down on month, up on year
Mar 11, 14:32
China market: B2C transactions top CNY194 billion in 4Q13, says Analysys
Mar 11, 14:22
Gamania February revenues hit record
Mar 11, 11:55
Taiwan market: Consumer digital camera unit sales drop as much as 40% in 2013
Mar 11, 11:48
Acer February revenues up sequentially
Mar 11, 11:42
Delta Electronics February revenues down on month, up on year
Mar 10, 21:19
Digital camera players offering cheap full-frame DSLR cameras to boost sales
Mar 10, 21:04
MEA tablet market sees explosive growth on back of strong consumer and corporate demand, says IDC
Mar 10, 13:53
Taiwan PC vendors facing brain drain
Mar 10, 12:19
Asia Optical pays over US$33 million to settle patent disputes with Kodak
Stockwatch | Mar 10, 10:52
Synnex Technology February revenues down on month, up on year
Mar 10, 10:49
HP, Dell in talks with server makers about cooperation
Mar 7, 15:46
Pegatron lands orders for over 1 million consumer notebooks from HP
Mar 7, 14:48
Tablet growth to slow as purchases in mature markets begin to level off, says IDC
Mar 7, 11:23
Simplo, Dynapack February revenues down on month
Stockwatch | Mar 7, 11:13
Lite-On Technology February revenues down on month, up on year
Mar 7, 10:44
Taiwan market: Leica launches D-Lux 6 Edition 100 digital camera
Mar 7, 10:41
Digitimes Research: Notebook players see on-month shipment drop in February
Mar 6, 16:15
- Server, a new gold mine for Taiwan ODMs
The server business has become a major revenue contributor for Taiwan ODMs as larger Internet players...
- Taiwan component suppliers losing their love from notebook brand vendors
As China component suppliers are growing quickly and offering quotes a lot lower than their Taiwan...
- Taiwan notebook ODMs
Taiwan notebook Original Design Manufacturers (ODMs) account for more than 90% of global notebook production...
The early success Google's Android platform has achieved in the handset market has caused system makers,...
- Compal Electronics, Compal Communications merge
Following the merger, Compal is looking to expand its business in the smartphone and tablet fields...
TSMC, UMC post mixed results for February
Mar 11, 11:30
FPCB makers Zhen Ding, Flexium to benefit from planned launch of large-size iPhones
Mar 10, 21:49
SPIL to perform better than expected in 1Q14
Mar 10, 14:50
Apex to ramp up TV board shipments in 2014
Mar 10, 14:48
Taiwan February export value down on month, up on year, says MOF
Mar 10, 10:45
ASE reports decreased revenues for February
Mar 7, 15:28
KYEC February sales up 7%
Mar 7, 15:01
FPCB supplier Flexium February revenues dip 45% on month
Newswatch | Mar 7, 14:45
NAND flash oversupply to persist through 3Q14, says DRAMeXchange
Mar 7, 13:53
MediaTek revenues hit all time high in February
Newswatch | Mar 7, 13:48
Yageo, Holy Stone report decreased sequential sales for February
Mar 7, 12:37
PC-related IC suppliers see demand pick up
Mar 7, 12:08
Cleanroom constructor UIS eyeing orders from China panel sector
Mar 7, 11:27
10 IC product segments to exceed total IC market growth in 2014, says IC Insights
Mar 7, 10:49
SPIL February sales rise 31%
Mar 6, 21:56
Winbond February sales rise 17%
Mar 6, 21:54
Realtek February revenues up over 20% on year
Newswatch | Mar 6, 16:03
- ASE accused of discharging wastewater into rivers
Advanced Semiconductor Engineering, the world's largest IC packaging house, has been fined NT$600,000...
- Fire at SK Hynix China fab
A fire at SK Hynix' plant in China has pushed up DRAM prices.
- TSMC warns of weaker sales in 4Q13
The IC supply chain continues to manage inventories in the fourth quarter of 2013, while demand for...
- SEMICON Taiwan 2013
SEMICON Taiwan 2013 will takes palce from September 4-6. It will feature more than 650 exhibitors,...
- Micron after Elpida purchase
Micron Technology, which completed its acquisition of Elpida on July 31, said the company will put...
Young Optics reports increased on-year February performance
Mar 11, 14:34
Coretronic ships 6.47 million BLUs in February
Mar 11, 11:08
Retailers in China drop LCD TV pricing by 30%
Mar 10, 15:31
HannStar Display small- to mid-size panel shipments shrink in February
Mar 10, 14:53
Innolux reports declined performance in February
Mar 7, 15:18
AUO reports on-month decline in February revenues
Mar 7, 14:59
CPT reports 31.7% on-year revenue increase in February
Mar 7, 11:18
Corning to transfer Gorilla Glass production to Korea
Mar 7, 10:45
Asustek expected increase orders for smartphone components in March
Mar 6, 21:53
Radiant expects to see decreased results in 1Q14
Mar 6, 15:41
- Ultra HD
Ultra HD is now the industry name for "4K" resolution
- Flexible Display Technology
Flexible displays are expected to become more widely used in mobile applications in 2014. But how flexible...
- How much of a risk are China panel makers for Taiwan's panel industry?
China panel makers are continuing to increase their production capacity in addition to improving their...
Utility spending on asset management and grid monitoring technology will reach nearly US$50 billion through 2023, says firm
Mar 10, 15:42
High-concentration solar PV systems to reach greater efficiencies, boosting appeal against conventional solutions, says IHS
Mar 10, 14:10
Aleo as competitive as China PV module makers, says SAS chairman
Mar 10, 10:50
US ITC names 5 Taiwan solar cell makers as candidate respondents in anti-dumping probe, sources say
Mar 7, 15:56
Home energy management systems will reach US$2.8 billion in annual revenues by 2020, says firm
Mar 7, 12:02
Neo Solar, Gintech, GET see sequential drops in February revenues
Mar 7, 11:13
Energy efficient buildings technology and services in Asia Pacific to reach US$92 billion in annual values by 2022, says firm
Mar 6, 15:50
- EverFocus showcasing integration at Secutech 2014
- MSI R9 290X LIGHTNING - built to be perfect
- Tatung aggressively expanding in Middle East: Smart energy-saving solutions showcased at Middle East Electricity 2014
- Fortrend Liquid Diamond layer provides anti-germ capability 4 times that of untreated glass
- W Hotel chooses EverFocus as a preferred Security System Provider
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Efficient Network Management for Digital Signage
- Design Benefits of the MI/O Extension Solution
- Digitimes Research: China smartphone vendors rely on international brands for overseas expansion
- Digitimes Research: Google to get the brunt of dual OS tablets while Microsoft to benefit the most
- Digitimes Research: Cortex-A17 to take over ARM high-end/mid-range 32-bit business
- A win-win situation for Toshiba and OCZ: Q&A with Alex Mei, CMO of OCZ Storage Solutions
- Is a US$25 smartphone possible?
- Intel unveils latest Education Tablet and Classmate PC
- AMD offers new 12- and 16-core additions to Opteron 6300 series
- CES 2014: Samsung unveils 12-inch tablet lineups
- CES 2014: HP unveils new 27-inch all-in-one workstation and new Android-based all-in-one PC
- CES 2014: LG unveils new wearable innovations
As part of Toshiba, OCZ Storage Solutions is able to leverage Toshiba's NAND and combine it with its...
While Digitimes is known as a media outlet, the company also includes a business unit that solely focuses...
ChipMOS Technologies is among very few firms that have transformed themselves successfully and are...
Chunghwa Telecom (CHT), Taiwan Mobile (TWM) and Far EasTone Telecommunications (FET), the three largest...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...