Bits + chips | Mar 13, 22:01
The shipment ratio of 8-core processors to total smartphone solution shipments will not be higher in 2014 as brand and white-box handset vendors in China...
Displays | Mar 14, 12:28
Market rumors are spreading that Taiwan-based AU Optronics (AUO) and Innolux are in discussions over collaboration possibilities that could include a potential...
Displays | Mar 13, 20:01
Supply chains are expecting weak demand for TV component orders as the May 1 holiday period in China approaches, according to industry sources.
Mobile + telecom | Mar 14, 11:08
China Mobile requires that all TD-LTE smartphones to be certified beginning May 31, 2014 support five mobile communication standards: TD-LTE, FDD LTE, TD-SCDMA, WCDMA and GSM, according to the company.
AcBel Polytech likely to obtain orders from Tesla, says chairman
Mar 14, 15:37
Security appliance revenues jump 6.8% in 4Q13, says IDC
Mar 14, 15:26
Digitimes Research: Google Glass for medicare?
Mar 14, 15:18
Digitimes Research: 12-inch tablets facing development hurdles
Mar 14, 15:01
Taiwan market: Leica launches X Vario Silver digital camera
Mar 14, 10:25
Samsung, HP to launch Chrome OS AIO PCs
Mar 13, 20:06
Global demand for HDDs used in security surveillance to grow 10% annually in 3-5 years, say Taiwan retailers
Mar 13, 19:59
Foxconn to raise salaries for Taiwan employees in April
Mar 13, 16:19
Inventec to launch cloud computing-based storage solutions in Southeast Asia
Mar 13, 16:12
Adlink Technology to acquire Germany-based Penta
Mar 13, 14:30
Digitimes Research: Handheld games consoles facing threat from smartphones; gaming peripheral players to benefit
Mar 13, 13:58
ASRock expects growing server business
Mar 13, 11:34
Ennoconn aims to become 3rd largest Taiwan-based industrial PC maker
Mar 13, 11:18
Delta Electronics steps up development of robots, says chairman
Mar 13, 11:11
Component suppliers see strong games console orders for 2Q14
Mar 12, 22:14
Direct supply orders account for 90% of Quanta server shipments
Mar 12, 21:30
SZS sees 28% on-month drop in February revenues
Mar 12, 15:59
BenQ Medical Technology steps into implant dentistry through joint venture with AB Dental Devices
Mar 12, 15:37
Digitimes Research: South Korea aims to acquire 40% share in wearable device market by 2020
Mar 12, 14:58
The developments of the security solutions market in Greater China: Q&A with EverFocus product marketing manager Tony Lin
Mar 12, 11:28
Acer, Asustek increase tablet orders to China ODMs, say Taiwan makers
Mar 11, 20:30
Taiwan notebook ODMs impacted by on-month revenue drops in February
Mar 11, 15:50
Consumer electronics market tumbles in China as major device shipments slide in 2013, says IHS
Mar 11, 14:37
The early success Google's Android platform has achieved in the handset market has caused system makers,...
- Taiwan notebook ODMs
Taiwan notebook Original Design Manufacturers (ODMs) account for more than 90% of global notebook production...
- Server, a new gold mine for Taiwan ODMs
The server business has become a major revenue contributor for Taiwan ODMs as larger Internet players...
- Taiwan component suppliers losing their love from notebook brand vendors
As China component suppliers are growing quickly and offering quotes a lot lower than their Taiwan...
- Compal Electronics, Compal Communications merge
Following the merger, Compal is looking to expand its business in the smartphone and tablet fields...
Digitimes Research: GTAT may supply only 9.0-16.6% of iPhone sapphire screen covers in 2014
Mar 14, 16:27
China market: K-Touch launches secondary brand for smartphones
Mar 14, 15:39
Global market revenues for wireless charging to rise by nearly factor of 40 by 2018, says IHS
Mar 14, 15:22
China market: Huawei Device, Coolpad launch 7-inch phablets at below CNY2,000
Mar 12, 20:56
Lenovo may become second largest Android smartphone vendor, say Taiwan makers
Mar 12, 20:03
ChipMOS to land more large-size LCD driver IC packaging orders in 2014
Mar 14, 16:23
STATS ChipPAC Taiwan posts EPS over NT$4 for 2013
Newswatch | Mar 14, 15:04
Analog IC vendor On-Bright reports strong profit growth for 2013
Newswatch | Mar 14, 14:35
China IC backend service companies migrating to advanced processes
Mar 13, 16:08
Career lands FPCB orders for iPhone 6, says paper
Newswatch | Mar 13, 15:57
Commentary: Is it likely for Qualcomm to produce 28nm chips at SMIC?
Mar 13, 15:56
TSMC revises upward 1Q14 guidance
Newswatch | Mar 13, 13:53
StorArt ramping SD 3.1 and eMMC 4.5 controller chips
Mar 12, 22:00
Kinsus, Unimicron set high capex budgets for 2014
Mar 12, 21:28
STATS ChipPAC introduces FlexLine wafer level packaging method
Mar 12, 16:07
Equipment maker Machvision see profits up 45% in 2013
Mar 12, 15:53
ChipMOS net profits nearly double in 2013
Newswatch | Mar 12, 15:52
VIS reportedly to acquire an 8-inch fab from Nanya Technology
Mar 11, 21:53
ASE may land more packaging orders for Apple A8 CPUs
Mar 11, 21:40
Diode makers to post higher revenues in 1Q14
Mar 11, 15:41
Adata to deliver dividend of NT$7.07 for 2013
Newswatch | Mar 11, 15:00
ASE may land more packaging orders for Apple A8 CPUs
- ASE accused of discharging wastewater into rivers
Advanced Semiconductor Engineering, the world's largest IC packaging house, has been fined NT$600,000...
- Fire at SK Hynix China fab
A fire at SK Hynix' plant in China has pushed up DRAM prices.
- TSMC warns of weaker sales in 4Q13
The IC supply chain continues to manage inventories in the fourth quarter of 2013, while demand for...
Global TV market contracts for second straight year in 2013, says IHS
Mar 14, 11:16
Touch panel makers continue to develop new metal mesh and nano-metal touch panels
Mar 13, 20:03
Global LTPS capacity expansion peaks in 2014, says WitsView
Mar 13, 16:07
Interactive whiteboard and flat panel display sales to education and corporate segments reach 1.3 million units in 2013, says firm
Mar 12, 15:57
China market: FPD TV sales decrease in 4Q13, says Analysys
Mar 12, 11:44
China TV vendors expected to drop pricing by 10% for new Ultra HD TVs released in 2014
Mar 11, 22:03
Notebook component suppliers expect to see only slight growth in March
Mar 11, 20:27
Taiwan touch panel makers drop product pricing; plan to adjust production lines
Mar 11, 15:43
Digitimes Research: China touch panel makers to see shipments drop 5% in 1Q14
Mar 11, 15:22
- Ultra HD
Ultra HD is now the industry name for "4K" resolution
- Flexible Display Technology
Flexible displays are expected to become more widely used in mobile applications in 2014. But how flexible...
- How much of a risk are China panel makers for Taiwan's panel industry?
China panel makers are continuing to increase their production capacity in addition to improving their...
Energy management for the hospitality industry to reach nearly US$970 million in annual market value by 2020, says firm
Mar 14, 10:28
Taiwan solar cell makers mull mergers in the wake of US anti-dumping probe
Mar 13, 11:30
China makers urge government to set floor price for polysilicon from Europe
Mar 12, 11:40
- WD tiered portfolio of hard drives helps storage solutions providers address big data
- MSI introduces all new gaming products at CeBIT 2014
- EverFocus showcasing integration at Secutech 2014
- MSI R9 290X LIGHTNING - built to be perfect
- Tatung aggressively expanding in Middle East: Smart energy-saving solutions showcased at Middle East Electricity 2014
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Efficient Network Management for Digital Signage
- Design Benefits of the MI/O Extension Solution
- The developments of the security solutions market in Greater China: Q&A with EverFocus product marketing manager Tony Lin
- Digitimes Research: China smartphone vendors rely on international brands for overseas expansion
- Digitimes Research: Google to get the brunt of dual OS tablets while Microsoft to benefit the most
- Digitimes Research: Cortex-A17 to take over ARM high-end/mid-range 32-bit business
- A win-win situation for Toshiba and OCZ: Q&A with Alex Mei, CMO of OCZ Storage Solutions
- Intel unveils latest Education Tablet and Classmate PC
- AMD offers new 12- and 16-core additions to Opteron 6300 series
- CES 2014: Samsung unveils 12-inch tablet lineups
- CES 2014: HP unveils new 27-inch all-in-one workstation and new Android-based all-in-one PC
- CES 2014: LG unveils new wearable innovations
The security solutions market is an increasingly important market as the IT industry develops and security...
As part of Toshiba, OCZ Storage Solutions is able to leverage Toshiba's NAND and combine it with its...
While Digitimes is known as a media outlet, the company also includes a business unit that solely focuses...
ChipMOS Technologies is among very few firms that have transformed themselves successfully and are...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...