- 9 Apr 2014:
- 8 Apr 2014:The United Nations Environment Programme has today unveiled a major report on global green energy investment for 2013 - BusinessGreen highlights its key findings.
- Renewable energy is generating a greater share of the world's electricity than ever before, as costs fall and profitability rises, according to a report released Monday.
- Intel will expand its Thunderbolt high-speed interconnect platform with the addition of Ethernet networking support.
- Nokia has won approval from Chinese competition authorities to sell its mobile phone business to Microsoft without having to change its main technology patent practices, it said on Tuesday.
- 7 Apr 2014:
- 3 Apr 2014:
- 2 Apr 2014:
- 1 Apr 2014:The Korean electronics giant is weeks away from delivering 28 inches of Ultra HD goodness at a price that should continue the march toward mainstream 4K adoption.
- Almost everything about an Apple-Comcast television service is guesswork at this point - and, unsurprisingly, neither Apple nor Comcast are talking about it.
- Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co (TSMC), the world's biggest contract chipmaker, is expected to expand its global market share to more than 50 percent this year and to 60 percent in the next few years, benefiting primarily from its leadership position in advanced technologies, Credit Suisse AG said yesterday.
- Taiwan's semiconductor pioneer Morris Chang on Thursday said the protracted protest against the trade pact with Beijing is casting a gloom over the nation's future, calling for a rational and peaceful solution.
- 28 Mar 2014:
- One of the most lucrative software franchises in history, Microsoft Office, has finally come to the most influential computing device of the last few years, the iPad.
- Sony has announced a new e-ink based digital reader aimed at the professional market, named the Digital Paper.
- Philips adds 3D-printed luminaires, all-white bulbs and wireless switch to 'hue' lineup (March 27) - Apple InsiderPhilips on Friday announced three new products hue wireless lighting ecosystem, including 3D-printed art-like luminaires, dimmable white-only hue lux bulbs and a unique battery-free wireless light switch called the hue tap.
- 26 Mar 2014:
- 25 Mar 2014:Review: Sharp's 32" 4K display is a high-performance workhorse made for Apple's Mac Pro (Mar 230 - Apple InsiderApple has made clear its intent to support ultra high-resolution displays with the latest Mac and OS X products, but without a 4K display of its own (yet) the company sells only one UHD monitor as a go-along with its flagship Mac Pro: Sharp's PN-K321.
- German company gives boost to offshore wind industry with £160m investment.
- Super tough trees will grow in Moroccan Desert to produce green energy (Mar 23) - International Bussiness TimesA biotech company has invented a new hybrid tree that grows at record speed on barren land, and can be used to create clean energy.
- Summary: Google is able to offer something with Android Wear that no other player, big like Apple or small like Pebble, can offer. And that's why it'll win...
- f you want to record your next climb up a cliff in extreme detail, Panasonic is offering a high-resolution wearable camera that shoots in 4K at 30 frames per second progressive.
- Luxottica and Google have agreed they will join forces to design, develop and distribute a new breed of eyewear for Glass.
- G.SKILL Officially Announces Ripjaws 4 Series DDR4 Memory Kits - Extreme Speed Available Up to DDR4 3200MHz
- Twinwill produces perfect touch products under the supply chain
- Indium Corporation features high-reliability, low-voiding flux coating for solder preforms at IMAPS
- Iceleads announces opening of Taiwan Branch Office to grasp local opportunities
- U-Reach delivers the largest and highest scalability standalone HDD/SSD Duplicator
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Gaining an advantage in emerging markets: Q&A with India-based handset player Micromax
- Voices from India: How can Taiwan best tap the booming India handset market
- Digitimes Research: All-in-one PC shipments to decline in 2014
- Digitimes Research: iPhone ASP falls in 2Q14
- Digitimes Research: On-cell touch panels unlikely to win favor in high-end smartphones in 2014
Karbonn, the second-largest India-based handset vendor, is looking into in-house production. Digitimes...
Sales of handsets in the India market reached 61.07 million units in the first quarter of 2014, with...
With increasing competition from AMOLED, TFT LCD display manufacturers are beginning to look to quantum...
As India's handset market is continuing to grow, local vendors including Lava, Spice, Intex and GI...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...