- 4 Sep 2015:Slower growth in China and continuing stock market uncertainty pose a threat to global economic growth, the International Monetary Fund has warned.
- 26 Aug 2015:The People's Bank of China on Tuesday announced cuts to benchmark interest rates, lowering its lending and deposit rates by 0.25 percentage point.
- 24 Aug 2015:Stock markets in London, Paris and Frankfurt have fallen sharply as fears of a Chinese economic slowdown continue to haunt investors.
- 17 Aug 2015:China's surprise devaluation of the yuan couldn't have come at a worse time for some Asian currencies.
- 13 Aug 2015:Taiwan's dollar fell to a five-year low as the central bank eased monetary policy to spur economic growth and China slashed the yuan's fixing by the most on record.
- As China ties fester, senator calls for US to block bid for American chipmaker (Aug 12) - Wall Street JournalChina's efforts to expand its reach into advanced semiconductors in the US drew fire on Capitol Hill as a key senator called on US officials to block a state-controlled firm's effort to buy an American memory chipmaker.
- 12 Aug 2015:China's Central Bank has again cut the guiding rate for the national currency, the yuan, a day after Tuesday's record 1.9% devaluation.
- "To catch up with Qualcomm as soon as possible, we will pour 30 billion yuan, and probably even more, into the R&D of mobile chips in the next few years," Chairman Xu Jinghong was quoted as saying in an interview. A Tsinghua Holdings spokeswoman confirmed Xu's comments to the newspaper.
- 7 Aug 2015:Mainland Chinese shares made solid gains after reports that a government agency and Chinese funds are looking to add billions into the stock market.
- Leadcore Technology and Shanghai Pudong Science & Technology Investment are weighing offers for Marvell Technology's wireless chip unit, which Marvell values at about $1 billion.
- 31 Jul 2015:Taiwan's economy grew at the slowest pace in three years as exports collapsed amid weaker global demand and rising competition from regional rivals.
- Results from Europe's big chipmakers show business conditions have deteriorated quickly in previously healthy markets for auto electronics and industrial components, adding to concerns over the industry's traditional drivers - computers and phones.
- 28 Jul 2015:China has tried to calm investors by reassuring it will implement prudent monetary policy to stabilise markets.
- 23 Jul 2015:China's Tsinghua Holdings is still discussing a potential deal to buy US chipmaker Micron Technology and hopes it could eventually go through, the state-backed investment company's chairman told Reuters on Thursday.
- 22 Jul 2015:Imagination appoints industry veteran to lead its expanding China operations (Jul 22) - Company releaseImagination Technologies has announced the appointment of industry veteran James Liu as general manager for its expanding China operations. Liu brings to Imagination 20+ years of experience in the China electronics design industry.
- 21 Jul 2015:Micron Technology has told China's Tsinghua Unigroup that its US$23 billion acquisition offer is not realistic because US authorities would block the deal due to national security concerns, according to people familiar with the matter.
- 17 Jul 2015:Swatch Group AG will launch its own Internet-enabled smartwatch this summer in the US, China and its Swiss home market, CEO Nick Hayek said Thursday.
- 16 Jul 2015:Tsinghua Unigroup, controlled by China's Tsinghua University, has agreed to invest US$100 million in a mobile operating system start-up founded by Mozilla Corp's former China head, according to a company announcement.
- 15 Jul 2015:The deal, if true, could have broad implications for Micron's technology partner, Intel and NAND-chip competitor SanDisk.
- Growth in the world's second largest economy, China, beat expectations in the second quarter, but it was still the weakest showing since the global financial crisis.
- 14 Jul 2015:Tsinghua Unigroup Chairman Zhao Weiguo signaled the company is interested in Micron Technology after the Wall Street Journal reported the Chinese company made a US$23 billion bid for the US semiconductor maker.
- 8 Jul 2015:The dramatic sell-off in China's main stock market has continued despite efforts by regulators to try to stem the losses.
- 7 Jul 2015:Tumbling markets and economic uncertainty in China pose a risk to major chipmakers such as Qualcomm that derive a big portion of their sales from the world's second-largest economy.
- 3 Jul 2015:Xilinx, China Mobile collaborate on next-generation fronthaul interface development for 5G wireless networks (Jun 30) - Company releaseXilinx has announced its collaboration with China Mobile Research Institute for the development of the next generation fronthaul interface (NGFI).
- 30 Jun 2015:Nokia Android smartphones manufactured by Foxconn coming to India, China & Europe (Jun 29) - SoftpediaSources familiar with Nokia's plans claim the Finnish company will launch its first smartphones as early as 2016. They will be powered by Google's Android mobile platform and will be manufactured by Foxconn.
- 26 Jun 2015:The government is telling local companies and Chinese news media that it plans to invest as much as 1 trillion yuan ($161 billion) over 10 years to develop chips, about as much as Intel spends per decade on facilities and research and development.
- 25 Jun 2015:The US has in the past accused China of being involved in hacking government and commercial computer systems.
- Greater China, which includes Taiwan and Hong Kong, is now Apple's second-largest market and has become a battleground for the company as it vies with Samsung Electronics Co. and Xiaomi Corp. for smartphone supremacy.
- 24 Jun 2015:American chip manufacturers argue that, without the trade deal, they will be squeezed out of the growing Asian market for computer chips by competitors in countries like China.
- Two Chinese tech firms have clashed over a new wireless router with a special setting for pregnant women.
- 18 Jun 2015:Cisco plans to invest $10 billion in China, although its sales in the country are slumping due in part to persistent security concerns surrounding US technology.
- 16 Jun 2015:China's Huawei Technologies expects total shipments of smartphones in southeast Asia to rise 160% to 8 million units in 2015, boosted by strong demand in Myanmar, it said on Thursday.
- 11 Jun 2015:Meng has 30 years of telecommunications experience, eight of those with Qualcomm, which included serving as senior vice president and president of Qualcomm Greater China from 2008 to 2010.
- 10 Jun 2015:In the data center, where Intel has handily trounced AMD in sales of server microprocessors, there is still a need for x86-compatible chips, of which AMD holds the only cards outside Intel. That could make AMD a target in the data center for Xilinx or for Chinese state-owned investment vehicles.
- 25 May 2015:
- The deal brings together HP with the investment arm of China's Tsinghua University in a joint venture called H3C, worth $4.5bn.
- 20 May 2015:James Xiong, CEO of a startup called 3Wearable Technology, is obsessed with the smartwatch.
- 15 May 2015:
- 24 Apr 2015:Qualcomm's second-quarter profit dropped 46%, mainly because of a large fine the company had to pay in China for settling antitrust issues. The company also cut its revenue outlook for 2015, citing loss of business for its Snapdragon processor from key customer Samsung Electronics and a concentration of the premium market around two players - Apple and Samsung, among other factors.
- 23 Apr 2015:Broadcom has reported solid results for the first quarter of 2015, with revenue driven by high-end smartphone and broadband access markets.
- Digitimes Research: Panasonic expected to remain largest automotive Li battery maker, steps into LED automotive lighting
- Digitimes Research: Global tablet shipments to up over 16% on quarter in 3Q16
- Digitimes Research: Japan IT vendors stepping into IoT business
- Digitimes Research: China mobile AP shipments increase 8% in 2Q16
- Innodisk launches power over Ethernet expansion cards suitable for industrial systems
- NEXCOM's full depiction of Cloud-Infused Industry 4.0 at 2016 Taipei Int'l Industrial Automation Exhibition
- International workplace partners with IFSEC Southeast Asia 2016 to deliver dedicated health and safety conference
- Industrial display leader Litemax to showcase world's first resized 4K2K LCDs at InnoTrans
- Rectron is now Avexir official distributor in region of Australia
- Unisys IT Implementation of Unisys Stealth Solution for Data Center Segmentation
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Perforce Software Wins Develop Industry Excellence Award for the Second Year in a Row
- Perforce Teams with Leading Git Client Developer fournova
- Perforce Introduces Helix GitSwarm: Flexible Git Ecosystem Mirrored to a Powerful Mainline Repository
- Perforce Helix Distributed Version Control System Brings Greater Flexibility While Maintaining Enterprise-class Security, Auditability and Control
- Perforce Powers Development of Legacy Quest for iOS and Android
- Digitimes Research: 4 million 9.7-inch iPad Pros to ship in 1H16
- Digitimes Research: Global all-in-one PC shipments to drop 3.9% on year in 2015
- Mentor Graphics Veloce VirtuaLAB adds protocols for networking designs
- Mouser Electronics undergoing expansion
- Digitimes Research: iPad Pro shipments to be less than 3 million units in 4Q15
Corning in late July released its latest cover glass, Gorilla Glass 5, to provide better protection...
Qualcomm president Derek Aberle spared his time with Digitimes for an exclusive interview...
Gaming notebooks have become the main focus of Gigabyte Technology's notebook department and despite...
The next wave of computing is now beginning to define the IT industry, where the boundaries of computing...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...