- 20 May 2013:It may seem strange but Chinese chip vendor Allwinner Technologies (Zhuhai, China) probably sold more application processors for tablet computers in 2012 than Intel and Qualcomm put together.
- 16 May 2013:China has almost completed its investigations into solar-grade polysilicon from the US, the EU and South Korea, but the timing of announcing the preliminary rulings depends on the EU's decision on whether to impose punitive duties on China-made solar panels, experts said.
- 13 May 2013:
- As the European Commission gears up to impose average anti-dumping duties of 47% on Chin-based solar imports from June 6, China has called for dialogue to avoid a trade war.
- 10 May 2013:The European Commission's (EC) proposed anti-dumping tax on imports of cheap solar panels from China has met with stiff opposition from the European industry body, the Alliance For Affordable Solar Energy (AFASE).
- The EU looks set to join the US in imposing punitive duties on imports of solar panels from China.
- 7 May 2013:The EU's trade chief will recommend placing punitive import duties on billions of euros of solar panels from China, people close to the matter say, putting up a barrier to protect Europe-based producers but risking upsetting Beijing.
- 6 May 2013:German chipmaker Infineon brightened its gloomy outlook for this year, citing orders from carmakers hoping sales of higher-spec models in China will offset flagging demand in Europe.
- 30 Apr 2013:The European Commission (EC) has begun a countervailing duty (CVD) investigation into imports of glass from China used in solar manufacturing, based on a trade complaint filed by trade group EU ProSun Glass.
- 26 Apr 2013:Motorola Mobility China laying off 800 employees, closing one of last three R$D centers (April 24) - IBTimesMotorola's Mobility Unit in China has confirmed a plan to lay off 800 employees after two months of silence, according to Tencent. The company will make three rounds of cuts at the end of May, July and September.
- 12 Apr 2013:
- 10 Apr 2013:So far the virus has been limited to the east of the country, with infections reported in the Shanghai region, as well as in the provinces of Anhui, Jiangsu and Zhejiang.
- China has posted a surprise trade deficit in March as imports rose more-than-expected on stronger demand for commodities such as copper and oil.
- Data from Chinese semiconductor industry sources identifies Allwinner as, by far, the number one apps processor supplier for Chinese tablets in 2012, followed by Rockchip, ViaTech, Amlogic and Vimicro.
- 3 Apr 2013:A two-week long Chinese media campaign had focused on Apple's repair policies.
- Air pollution is driving expatriates out of Beijing, China, and making it harder for companies to recruit international talent, according to anecdotal accounts from diplomats, senior executives and businesses.
- 27 Mar 2013:Persistent speculation about a pending merger between Chinese fabless chip vendors RDA Microelectroics and Spreadtrum Communications may have some basis in reality, but word is that RDA has its sights set on a higher bidder.
- 26 Mar 2013:"China's smartphone market is now the largest in the world. DigiTimes Research pegged the country as accounting for 189 million of the more than 700 million smartphones shipped last year."
- Semiconductor Manufacturing International (SMIC), for the first time in a long time, has a good story to tell.
- 22 Mar 2013:
- Manufacturing activity in China picked up speed in March, an initial HSBC survey has indicated, adding to hopes of a sustained recovery in its economy.
- 21 Mar 2013:The main subsidiary of Suntech Power, one of the world's largest makers of solar panels, collapsed into bankruptcy in a remarkable reversal for what had been part of a huge China government effort to dominate renewable energy industries.
- 20 Mar 2013:China-based solar-panel makers are set to follow the lead of Suntech as the industry enters a difficult period of consolidation and "adjustment", according to a senior industry executive.
- 19 Mar 2013:
- 18 Mar 2013:The trustee administering US$541 million in bonds from Suntech Power sent the solar company a notice of default yesterday as the deadline to redeem the notes passed, a person familiar with the matter said.
- Suntech Power Holdings said it didn't make a required payment on US$541 million of bonds that matured Friday.
- 15 Mar 2013:
- 14 Mar 2013:Xi Jinping was named China's president Thursday by the country's parliament, one of the final steps in China's once-in-a-decade leadership change.
- China is over-reliant on imported goods for its semiconductor industry, and local chip companies supply only about 10% of its domestic needs as they remain in the development stage despite years of investments.
- 13 Mar 2013:Five Wall Street investment and hedge funds have the most to lose as China's Suntech Power seeks more time to repay US$541 million of convertible debt.
- Korea, China and Japan will hold three days of talks starting on March 26 on forging a trilateral free trade agreement.
- 12 Mar 2013:Solar panel maker Suntech Power Holdings reached an agreement with some of its lenders to defer its obligations on a US$541 million loan due this Friday by two months, providing the company more time to restructure the debt.
- 8 Mar 2013:
- 6 Mar 2013:As of today, March 5, all China-made solar modules and their main components coming into the EU must register with national customs authorities.
- 5 Mar 2013:
- 1 Mar 2013:The European Union threatened to impose tariffs on solar glass from China to curb import competition for EU producers, heightening trade tensions over renewable energy.
- 26 Feb 2013:Growth in the giant China manufacturing sector in February withdrew from the highest point in nearly two years despite a fourth consecutive month of expansion, a private survey showed Monday, as foreign demand remained unsteady.
- 22 Feb 2013:
- 18 Feb 2013:Trading of the Chinese yuan in Taiwan got off to a slow start Wednesday, with many traders preferring to do business in Hong Kong because of the market's greater liquidity.
- Digitimes Research: China vendors ship over 101 million smartphones in 2Q14
- Digitimes Research: Taiwan ships 351.4 million small- to mid-size panels in 2Q14
- Digitimes Research: China sees increased smartphone AP shipments in 2Q14
- Digitimes Research: Taiwan digital camera shipments in 2Q14 up 43.3% sequentially
- ABB and Volvo form global partnership for electric and hybrid bus fast-charging
- Accurate Analysis of Multi-Gigabit Systems Using HSPICE
- GIGABYTE's EasyTune App makes overclocking a breeze on new Intel Pentium Anniversary Edition CPUs
- OAXIS adds a second E Ink screen to your smartphone with launch of InkCase+ on Kickstarter
- Indium announces RMA-155 Pb-Free Solder Paste
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Digitimes Research: On-cell touch panels unlikely to win favor in high-end smartphones in 2014
- Digitimes Research: Hisilicon AP to give Huawei cost advantage in high-end mobile device market
- Commentary: Panel makers need to be more active in developing products
- Digitimes Research: Google looking to clean up Android device mess in emerging markets
- Digitimes Research: Youngfast, Melfas looking beyond G1F touch
MediaTek has taken up to 60% of the 3G handset solution market in China, pushing the market value of...
AMD has been reorganizing its businesss, such as moving its desktop business headquarters to Beijing,...
Intel president Renee James, during a recent interview, told Digitimes that the company and its partners...
According to a recent IDC research note, the transition toward mobile and cloud-based computing is...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...