- 3 Jun 2014:
- 28 May 2014:
- 16 Apr 2014:Despite the increase, it is a slowdown from 7.7% growth in the final quarter of last year.
- 7 Mar 2014:At an IBM factory in southern China, more than 1,000 workers have staged a strike to protest the company's plan to transfer employees to the Chinese PC arm, the Lenovo Group.
- 27 Feb 2014:The companies are already selling lots of phones. But most of those sales are coming in China, and both companies admit they have work cut out for them elsewhere, including in the United States.
- 25 Feb 2014:Profits at Sina, owner of China's largest Twitter-like site Weibo, surged in the fourth quarter, boosted by a jump in advertising revenue.
- 20 Feb 2014:Qualcomm is under investigation in China for allegedly overcharging and exploiting its market position, which will see the US chipmaker facing fines of over US$1 billion.
- 17 Feb 2014:Samsung Electronics Co said a memory chip plant being built in China will start operations as planned in the first half of 2014 and the company will remain flexible about further investment in the factory.
- 11 Feb 2014:Wang Yu-chi and Zhang Zhijun, the top cross-strait officials from each side, are both attending the four-day talks in Nanjing.
- 29 Jan 2014:Qualcomm may be hit with a record fine exceeding US$1 billion in a Chinese antitrust probe, raising the specter of harsh penalties for foreign firms facing an increasingly aggressive regulator.
- 27 Jan 2014:China and Taiwan officials set a date for talks next month, the United Daily News reported today, paving the way for the first official government-to-government meetings since a civil war six decades ago.
- 22 Jan 2014:Global phablet shipments to reach over 120 million by 2018, finds Juniper Research (January 21) - Company releasePhablets, smartphones with displays 5.6 inches and above, are forecast to flourish in Far East and China, Juniper Research said in its new report.
- 20 Jan 2014:China's Commerce Ministry has condemned a $1.1 trillion spending bill passed by the United States Congress last week over clauses that limit technological purchases from China, saying the limits clash with the principles of fair trade.
- 9 Jan 2014:ARM chief Simon Segars expects low-cost smartphones to drive sales (January 9) - Daily Telegraph (UK)ARM's chief executive has said the emergence of low-cost smartphones and Apple's move into China will drive sales at the British microchip designer.
- 26 Dec 2013:The deal is undergoing a second-phase anti-trust probe by China's commerce watchdog, which is taking longer than the usual 30 days, reportedly due to concerns from domestic handset makers over a potential Nokia licensing fee hikes.
- 24 Dec 2013:The new 358,000 square-foot facility will become TI's seventh assembly/test (A/T) operation. Located on the same property as TI's existing wafer fab in Chengdu, the site will become the company's only end-to-end wafer fabrication and A/T facility.
- 23 Dec 2013:As part of the agreement, iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c will be available from China Mobile's expansive network of retail stores as well as Apple retail stores across mainland China beginning on Friday, January 17, 2014.
- 12 Dec 2013:Samsung Electronics built the world's largest smartphone business by tapping China's cheap and abundant workforce. Not for much longer: it's shifting output to Vietnam to secure even lower wages and defend profit margins as growth in sales of high-end handsets slow.
- 6 Dec 2013:
- 27 Nov 2013:So for Twitter to effectively grow its audience in Asia, it will be crucial to understand and appreciate the differences in user behavior between that region and the US - especially with regards to China.
- 26 Nov 2013:Qualcomm said the probe involved China's anti-monopoly law, but added that regulators told it the "substance of the investigation is confidential."
- 19 Nov 2013:A Wuxi court has approved Shunfeng Photovoltiac International's purchase of Suntech Power's manufacturing arm, taking the protracted saga closer to conclusion.
- 14 Nov 2013:Taiwan announced stricter rules for investment projects by Chinese companies as President Ma Ying-jeou seeks to overcome lawmaker resistance to legislation that would boost economic ties with China.
- 12 Nov 2013:XMC opens US office to support global growth of unique partnership-based foundry offering (November 12) - Company releaseThe focus of the US operations will be to find and support partners that can leverage XMC's customized manufacturing capabilities. XMC is currently in production technology nodes down to 45nm. Its leading-edge fabrication facilities in Wuhan China can be configured to produce up to 60,000 300mm wafers per month.
- 11 Nov 2013:
- 8 Nov 2013:China's exports return to growth with 5.6% rise in latest sign of economic rebound (November 8) - Washington PostChina's exports rebounded to relatively strong growth in October while imports accelerated, adding to signs of a recovery in the world's second-largest economy.
- Taiwan signed its biggest trade deal yet with a country that has diplomatic ties with Beijing, as the island tries to integrate its economy with the rest of Asia's and to diversify economic allies beyond China.
- 7 Nov 2013:US-listed chipmaker RDA Microelectronics said it received an US$18 per share buyout offer from China's state-owned Tsinghua Unigroup, which is funded by the Tsinghua University, marking it a second such bid in more than a month.
- 29 Oct 2013:As of October 9, a total of 47 sites with a total generating capacity of 37.8MW have been seized representing approximately 26.9% of GSF's total generating capacity.
- 11 Oct 2013:Alibaba decides against Hong Kong IPO, not yet committed to other exchange, says CEO (Oct 10) - ReutersChinese e-commerce company Alibaba Group Holding has decided not to list its shares in Hong Kong, but has not yet committed to listing on any other exchange, including the New York Stock Exchange, CEO Jonathan Lu told Reuters on Thursday.
- 2 Oct 2013:RDA Microelectronics said China's state-owned Shanghai Pudong Science and Technology Investment offered to buy the shares of the chipmaker it does not already own at $15.50 per American depositary share.
- 1 Oct 2013:Samsung Electronics has begun commissioning equipment orders for its newly constructed semiconductor plant in Xian, China.
- 23 Sep 2013:Apple is preparing to ship iPhones to China Mobile, people familiar with the matter say, an arrangement that would significantly increase Apple's distribution in the world's biggest smartphone market.
- 17 Sep 2013:
- 10 Sep 2013:China's industrial production rose by more than expected in August, the latest sign that the world's second-largest economy may be on the mend.
- 5 Sep 2013:SK Hynix Inc said on Wednesday it had suspended operations at its China plant, which produces around 12% of global computer memory chips, because of a fire.
- 30 Aug 2013:One of Google's top executives is leaving the company to join up-and-coming Chinese firm Xiaomi.
- 27 Aug 2013:Nokia's long-running tax dispute with the Indian authorities appeared to take another turn after it was revealed that it sent the commerce ministry a strongly-worded letter branding India its "least favourable market" and threatening to move production to China.
- 26 Aug 2013:
- 22 Aug 2013:Selling a gold-colored iPhone could be popular in countries like China and India, where Apple and Google are fighting it out to be the dominant player in their still-booming smartphone markets.
- Indium Corporation features ultra-low residue no-clean Flip-Chip Flux at SEMICON Taiwan
- Indium Corporation's patented BiAgX: A drop-in replacement for high-Pb solders
- Echoing Government's Productivity 4.0, IoT Automation Boosts Taiwan's Competitiveness
- ASUS selects Pixelworks' Iris mobile display processor and True Clarity enhancements for ZenPad tablet
- Etasis promotes new 350W 1U slim redundant power supply to market
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Digitimes Research: Tablets with phone functionality from white-box players to suffer over 15% decline in 2Q15
- Digitimes Research: China smartphone shipments see weaker-than-expected growth in 2Q15
- Digitimes Research: Intel 28nm SoFIA 4G AP delayed to early 2016; may face overlap issue with 14nm version
- Digitimes Research: White-box players pushing 10.1-inch Windows tablets
- Silicon providers main beneficiaries of enthusiast PC growth; opportunities exist for vendors to raise profits with innovative products, says HWinsights
- Zoom Storage looking to become media library for mobile device users
- AMD unveils sixth-generation A-series APUs for mobile products
- Computex 2015: Startup company Endless pushing PC for developing countries
- Computex 2015: Nvidia unveils GTX 980 Ti and G-Sync technology
- Computex 2015: BioLogic SportCase wins Design and Innovation Award
Competition in the graphics card market has grown fierce as demand for graphics cards from the gaming...
Socionext, a Japan-based corporation focused on the design, development, and sales of system-on-chip...
Computex has evolved into one of the biggest and most important ICT trade shows in the world since...
Although the company has not been operating in the gaming notebook industry for long, Gigabyte Technology...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...