- 8 Nov 2013:Taiwan signed its biggest trade deal yet with a country that has diplomatic ties with Beijing, as the island tries to integrate its economy with the rest of Asia's and to diversify economic allies beyond China.
- 7 Nov 2013:US-listed chipmaker RDA Microelectronics said it received an US$18 per share buyout offer from China's state-owned Tsinghua Unigroup, which is funded by the Tsinghua University, marking it a second such bid in more than a month.
- 29 Oct 2013:As of October 9, a total of 47 sites with a total generating capacity of 37.8MW have been seized representing approximately 26.9% of GSF's total generating capacity.
- 11 Oct 2013:Alibaba decides against Hong Kong IPO, not yet committed to other exchange, says CEO (Oct 10) - ReutersChinese e-commerce company Alibaba Group Holding has decided not to list its shares in Hong Kong, but has not yet committed to listing on any other exchange, including the New York Stock Exchange, CEO Jonathan Lu told Reuters on Thursday.
- 2 Oct 2013:RDA Microelectronics said China's state-owned Shanghai Pudong Science and Technology Investment offered to buy the shares of the chipmaker it does not already own at $15.50 per American depositary share.
- 1 Oct 2013:Samsung Electronics has begun commissioning equipment orders for its newly constructed semiconductor plant in Xian, China.
- 23 Sep 2013:Apple is preparing to ship iPhones to China Mobile, people familiar with the matter say, an arrangement that would significantly increase Apple's distribution in the world's biggest smartphone market.
- 17 Sep 2013:
- 10 Sep 2013:China's industrial production rose by more than expected in August, the latest sign that the world's second-largest economy may be on the mend.
- 5 Sep 2013:SK Hynix Inc said on Wednesday it had suspended operations at its China plant, which produces around 12% of global computer memory chips, because of a fire.
- 30 Aug 2013:One of Google's top executives is leaving the company to join up-and-coming Chinese firm Xiaomi.
- 27 Aug 2013:Nokia's long-running tax dispute with the Indian authorities appeared to take another turn after it was revealed that it sent the commerce ministry a strongly-worded letter branding India its "least favourable market" and threatening to move production to China.
- 26 Aug 2013:
- 22 Aug 2013:Selling a gold-colored iPhone could be popular in countries like China and India, where Apple and Google are fighting it out to be the dominant player in their still-booming smartphone markets.
- 16 Aug 2013:Samsung has unveiled an Android flip-phone with dual-touchscreens in China, which will likely be positioned as a premium device.
- 15 Aug 2013:Whirlpool of the US has agreed on a US$552 million proposal to take control of a Chinese maker of fridges and washing machines as it tries to gain a better foothold in the fast-growing consumer markets of Asia.
- 14 Aug 2013:Foxconn Technology Group, best known for assembling Apple's iPhones, will decide by year-end whether to branch off into unconventional new territory: making solar panels in China.
- 13 Aug 2013:
- 9 Aug 2013:China's economy could be stabilising, the latest set of economic figures from the country has suggested.
- 1 Aug 2013:
- 19 Jul 2013:Huawei has denied claims made by a former US Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) chief, Michael Hayden, that it has spied for the Chinese government.
- 16 Jul 2013:
- 10 Jul 2013:New Zealand on Wednesday signed a free trade agreement with Taiwan in a deliberately low-key ceremony designed to demonstrate the South Pacific nation's fealty to its formal relations with mainland China.
- 21 Jun 2013:The manufacturing and export sectors play a huge part in driving growth in China.
- 20 Jun 2013:Qualcomm has expanded its entry-level offerings with the addition of six new processors to its Snapdragon 200 class, featuring dual- and quad-core CPUs. The new Snapdragon 200 processors are manufactured on a 28nm process technology and feature key modem technologies that are important in China and emerging regions, including support for HSPA+ (up to 21Mbps) and TD-SCDMA.
- 17 Jun 2013:Only days after officially opening its new Turkish plant, China Sunergy (CSUN) has announced that it has commenced shipments. The production facility will have a capacity of 300MW in modules and 100MW of solar cells, when fully ramped.
- 10 Jun 2013:China-based solar manufacturer Jinko Solar staunched losses whilst increasing shipments and extending its global reach in the first three months of 2013.
- 6 Jun 2013:China took aim on June 5 at exports of the Europe-made wines favored by its growing middle class, responding to an EU move to impose anti-dumping duties of China-based solar panels as tensions rise between two of the world's biggest trade partners.
- Less than a day after the EU said it was imposing preliminary import tariffs on China-based solar panels, China's Ministry of Commerce announced on June 5 that it had begun a trade investigation of wines imported from the European Union.
- 5 Jun 2013:The move comes a day after the EU imposed anti-dumping levies on China-made solar panel imports.
- The Germany industries on June 4 expressed concerns over the EU's decision to impose provisional anti-dumping duties on China-made solar products.
- The EU will delay for two months the full impact of import tariffs it planned to put on China-based solar panel equipment, to allow China-based manufacturers to negotiate a settlement that could defuse one of the biggest trade disputes in recent decades, EU officials said on June 4.
- The EU's trade chief on June 4 carried out his threat to impose tariffs on solar panels from China.
- Tariffs imposed by the EU on Chinese solar panels are lower than expected and may drive up imports for the next two months while officials pursue a trade agreement, renewable-energy developers said.
- 4 Jun 2013:China and the EU are quarreling over China-based exports of solar panels, which Europe says are being dumped in its markets.
- 31 May 2013:
- 30 May 2013:Samsung sold 12.5 million smartphones in China between January and March, accounting for a 18.5% market share, up 2.2pp from the previous quarter, the report quoted data compiled by Strategy Analytics as saying.
- Trade negotiations between the EU and China ended on May 27 with mutual recriminations.
- Iceleads raises US$3.5M in Series-A funding for global expansion of its BuyNow solution
- Join ThroughTek's upcoming IoT/M2M webinar!
- KFA: Compact power entry module with filter now with ground line choke
- 2015 Taipei international cycle show: HOLUX exhibits wearable Heart-Rate Smartwatch WRL-8100
- Advantest wins new customer with installation of V93000 semiconductor test system at Shanghai Haier IC in China
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Digitimes Research: Microsoft to push 2 inexpensive notebooks in mid-2015 to counter Chromebook penetration
- Digitimes Research: Holitech to become 2nd-largest touch panel maker in China after acquisitions
- Digitimes Research: White-box tablet players turn to Windows 2-in-1s using Intel Bay Trail in 2Q15
- Digitimes Research: Taiwan on-cell touch panel shipments to see strong growth, yet offer little profit
- Digitimes Research: Dual-OS tablets becoming popular in white-box market, but Google GMS remains an obstacle
The IC backend service industry was capped by a flurry of merger and acquisition (M&A) activities...
Macronix International, which ranks as the world's second-largest NOR flash supplier with a 19% share...
The applications, demand and service areas for the global storage device industry have seen profound...
Lenovo, which had the fourth-largest market share next to Asustek Computer, Acer and Apple in the Taiwan...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...