- 24 Aug 2016:Lenovo's stature in the mobile market is shaky, having recently experienced a 33% decline in sales-again, thanks to those other rising stars in China. However, it could still bounce back, and is therefore an important win for Microsoft.
- 23 Aug 2016:Samsung Electronics is slated to hold a foundry forum in China later this month (August 2016) to attract Chinese fabless firms amid its growing idle foundry lines, industry experts said on Tuesday.
- 22 Aug 2016:China's Tsinghua Unigroup, which has been active in overseas semiconductor investment, is eyeing small and mid-sized South Korean chip firms with specialty solutions, a local report has said.
- 17 Aug 2016:
- 2 Aug 2016:GCS shares under pressure as deal with China's Sanan breaks down (Aug 2) - Focus Taiwan news channelShares of GCS Holding came under pressure Tuesday morning after a planned acquisition of GCS by China-based LED chipmaker Sanan Optoelectronics fell through, dealers said.
- Global ride-hailing giant Uber Technologies has given up its costly battle for China's riders, swapping its local operations there for a minority stake in the country's homegrown champion, Didi Chuxing Technology Co.
- 30 Jul 2016:The US market isn't the only reason to buy Vizio, but it's a big one.
- 26 Jul 2016:An acquirer from China or Intel Corp., which has a joint venture with Micron, would be the most likely buyers, analysts said.
- 21 Jul 2016:Qualcomm's second-quarter results show the chipmaker is overcoming hurdles in China, while rival Intel faces fresh headwinds in servers -- the key to its profit.
- Although based in Japan, Softbank is very much a Chinese company.
- 15 Jul 2016:The world's second-largest economy grew by 6.7% in the three months to the end of June, compared with the same period a year earlier.
- 5 Jul 2016:Samsung Electronics, which has continued streamlining its workforce on its home turf, reduced more than 10,000 employees in the all-important Chinese market during 2015.
- 4 Jul 2016:The company has decided to put more focus on growth in East Asia, Europe and the Middle East, while they expect that their Latin American and Asia Pacific businesses will prevail.
- 27 Jun 2016:State-backed Chinese technology group Tsinghua Holdings plans to spend $7.5 billion on research and development over the next five years, accelerating China's drive to build a high-value semiconductor industry to challenge global chipmaking rivals.
- 25 Jun 2016:Qualcomm has filed a complaint against Meizu in the Beijing Intellectual Property Court. The complaint requests rulings that the terms of a patent license offered by Qualcomm to Meizu comply with China's Anti-Monopoly Law, and Qualcomm's fair, reasonable and non-discriminatory licensing obligations.
- 24 Jun 2016:Taiwan's largest airline, China Airlines, said it had cancelled some flights to Japan, Hong Kong and the Philippines on Friday as hundreds of its flight attendants prepared to go on strike over changes to their working conditions.
- 20 Jun 2016:Tech giant Samsung Electronics said a power supply disruption at its China memory chip plant will have minimal market impact, with full-scale operations expected to resume in a few days.
- Operations at Samsung Electronics' semiconductor plant in China were disrupted on Saturday following a blast at a local power station.
- 17 Jun 2016:Swedish mobile telecom gear maker Ericsson is being investigated by US authorities over possible corruption related to its business in China, Swedish daily Svenska Dagbladet (SvD) reported late on Thursday, citing unnamed sources.
- 15 Jun 2016:Many Chinese-made counterfeit products are now of "better quality" than the genuine article, the founder of ecommerce giant Alibaba has said.
- 14 Jun 2016:NXP to sell Standard Products unit to Chinese firm for $2.75 billion (Jun 13) - Marketwatch.com (Dow Jones)In a banner year for deal activity by Chinese buyers, NXP Semiconductors has struck another asset-sale pact with Jianguang Asset Management.
- 8 Jun 2016:After six months and US$5.6 billion, the appliance division of General Electric officially belongs to Chinese manufacturer Haier, the companies said at a press conference Monday.
- 6 Jun 2016:Chinese companies are still seeking US public listings despite a rush of delistings in the past year or so, said Nasdaq CEO Robert Greifeld on Friday.
- 1 Jun 2016:Okmetic Oyj (Vantaa, Finland), a supplier of engineered wafers for MEMS and analog applications and the eighth largest wafer supplier in the world, has recommended acceptance of an offer from National Silicon Industry Group (NSIG) of Shanghai, China.
- Xiaomi has agreed to purchase around 1,500 patents from Microsoft in an example of the rising costs facing the Chinese smartphone startup as it expands outside China.
- 19 May 2016:When Taiwan's new president takes the oath of office this week, two vital constituencies-one at home, the other across the strait in mainland China-will be listening hard, but for different things.
- For investors in Taiwan's $841 billion stock market, Tim Cook matters more than Tsai Ing-wen. "Any negative from Tsai can easily be washed out if the iPhone 7 does well," said JPMorgan.
- China's biggest home appliances manufacturer Midea has made an unsolicited takeover bid for German industrial robot maker Kuka.
- 16 May 2016:The investment looks misguided and suggests that Carl Icahn was right to sell all his Apple stock over concerns about the company's prospects in China.
- 11 May 2016:SanDisk announces final regulatory approval for acquisition by Western Digital (May 10) - Company releaseSanDisk has announced that the Ministry of Commerce of China has approved the acquisition of SanDisk by Western Digital.
- 10 May 2016:GSA announces appointment of Leo Li as chairman of the GSA board of directors (May 9) - Company releaseThe GSA Board chairman is a coveted position throughout the industry reserved for the most innovative leaders who represent the semiconductor industry's most active global regions. Dr. Li will be the first chairman to serve from mainland China.
- 9 May 2016:A Beijing court has ruled in favour of Facebook and against a Chinese company which had registered "face book" as a separate trademark.
- 21 Apr 2016:TCL's net profit fell 92% on year to HK$14.25 million in the first quarter of 2016 as sales in China shrank sharply during its ongoing business transition. Revenue for the period fell 17 per cent, it said in a regulatory filing.
- 14 Apr 2016:Abundant financial resources available from China's National IC Industry Investment Fund, often called the Big Fund, augmented local government-led funds, have lent China's "memory" dream an air of credibility. But setting aside China's aspirations, there is intense scrutiny here about the sources of IPs and engineering talent that China badly needs.
- China's Tsinghua Unigroup unveiled a stake of roughly 6% in Lattice Semiconductor on Wednesday, sending shares of the US chip manufacturer soaring 18% on speculation of a possible acquisition.
- 28 Mar 2016:
- 15 Mar 2016:Toshiba is in late-stage negotiations to sell its white goods business to Chinese household appliance giant Midea Group, a move that would mark another chapter in Japan's drastically changing home electronics industry.
- 9 Mar 2016:Chinese exports have seen their sharpest drop in almost seven years, adding to concerns over the health of the world's second largest economy.
- 2 Mar 2016:Computing giant International Business Machines (IBM) plans to sell up to $150 million worth of shares in China's Lenovo, IFR reported on Wednesday, citing a term sheet of the deal sent to investors.
- Innodisk launches power over Ethernet expansion cards suitable for industrial systems
- NEXCOM's full depiction of Cloud-Infused Industry 4.0 at 2016 Taipei Int'l Industrial Automation Exhibition
- International workplace partners with IFSEC Southeast Asia 2016 to deliver dedicated health and safety conference
- Industrial display leader Litemax to showcase world's first resized 4K2K LCDs at InnoTrans
- Rectron is now Avexir official distributor in region of Australia
- Unisys IT Implementation of Unisys Stealth Solution for Data Center Segmentation
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Perforce Software Wins Develop Industry Excellence Award for the Second Year in a Row
- Perforce Teams with Leading Git Client Developer fournova
- Perforce Introduces Helix GitSwarm: Flexible Git Ecosystem Mirrored to a Powerful Mainline Repository
- Perforce Helix Distributed Version Control System Brings Greater Flexibility While Maintaining Enterprise-class Security, Auditability and Control
- Perforce Powers Development of Legacy Quest for iOS and Android
- Digitimes Research: 4 million 9.7-inch iPad Pros to ship in 1H16
- Digitimes Research: Global all-in-one PC shipments to drop 3.9% on year in 2015
- Mentor Graphics Veloce VirtuaLAB adds protocols for networking designs
- Mouser Electronics undergoing expansion
- Digitimes Research: iPad Pro shipments to be less than 3 million units in 4Q15
Corning in late July released its latest cover glass, Gorilla Glass 5, to provide better protection...
Qualcomm president Derek Aberle spared his time with Digitimes for an exclusive interview...
Gaming notebooks have become the main focus of Gigabyte Technology's notebook department and despite...
The next wave of computing is now beginning to define the IT industry, where the boundaries of computing...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...