- 24 Apr 2009:
- 17 Apr 2009:
- 15 Apr 2009:Dutch consumer electronics giant Philips reported a surprise first quarter loss of US$78.9 million compared to a US$390 million profit a year ago. Europe's biggest electronics firm is a casualty of slowing global demand as the recession continues to take its toll on sales, which fell 17% to US$6.8 billion.
- 14 Apr 2009:
- 8 Apr 2009:Companies show ITO-free, printed flexible OLED lighting, paving the way to low-cost large-size OLEDs - OLED-info.comAgfa, Philips and the Holst Center are showing a large-area (12x12cm2) flexible OLED - without ITO as transparent electrode, and with printed shunting lines. This means that costly materials and lithography processes are not needed, and the OLEDs are much cheaper.
- 23 Mar 2009:
- 20 Mar 2009:Philips Lumileds is working with luminaire manufacturers to develop market-ready LED-based applications that meet energy efficiency standards.
- 12 Mar 2009:
- 11 Mar 2009:
- 9 Mar 2009:
- 6 Mar 2009:
- 5 Mar 2009:
- 3 Mar 2009:Philips has unveiled its 2009 LCD TV range with an emphasis on high-end models boasting internet access, new EPG and menu systems, and power-saving LED technology.
- 25 Feb 2009:An LED design company specializing in architectural indoor lighting adds to Philips' portfolio of solid-state lighting capabilities.
- Philips Lumileds' announced today that test data for its LUXEON Rebel LEDs shows performance that exceeds ENERGY STAR guidelines intended to ensure quality solid-state luminaire development.
- 23 Feb 2009:
- 16 Feb 2009:
- 16 Jan 2009:
- 6 Jan 2009:
- 26 Dec 2008:
- 3 Dec 2008:
- 6 Nov 2008:
- 5 Nov 2008:New LCD panel comes with the big boast of being "world's fastest"
- 20 Oct 2008:
- 26 Sep 2008:LED luminaire makers that buy all their key components from Osram will now avoid payment of licensing fees under Philips' patent licensing program.
- 24 Sep 2008:
- 19 Sep 2008:
- 10 Sep 2008:
- 9 Sep 2008:
- 14 Aug 2008:
- 15 Jul 2008:
- 3 Jul 2008:
- 30 Jun 2008:Philips holds the distinction for being the first company in the world to light up its office with nothing but LED solutions.
- G.SKILL Officially Announces Ripjaws 4 Series DDR4 Memory Kits - Extreme Speed Available Up to DDR4 3200MHz
- Twinwill produces perfect touch products under the supply chain
- Indium Corporation features high-reliability, low-voiding flux coating for solder preforms at IMAPS
- Iceleads announces opening of Taiwan Branch Office to grasp local opportunities
- U-Reach delivers the largest and highest scalability standalone HDD/SSD Duplicator
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Gaining an advantage in emerging markets: Q&A with India-based handset player Micromax
- Voices from India: How can Taiwan best tap the booming India handset market
- Digitimes Research: All-in-one PC shipments to decline in 2014
- Digitimes Research: iPhone ASP falls in 2Q14
- Digitimes Research: On-cell touch panels unlikely to win favor in high-end smartphones in 2014
Karbonn, the second-largest India-based handset vendor, is looking into in-house production. Digitimes...
Sales of handsets in the India market reached 61.07 million units in the first quarter of 2014, with...
With increasing competition from AMOLED, TFT LCD display manufacturers are beginning to look to quantum...
As India's handset market is continuing to grow, local vendors including Lava, Spice, Intex and GI...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...