- 27 Apr 2009:
- 24 Apr 2009:
- 17 Apr 2009:
- 15 Apr 2009:Dutch consumer electronics giant Philips reported a surprise first quarter loss of US$78.9 million compared to a US$390 million profit a year ago. Europe's biggest electronics firm is a casualty of slowing global demand as the recession continues to take its toll on sales, which fell 17% to US$6.8 billion.
- 14 Apr 2009:
- 8 Apr 2009:Companies show ITO-free, printed flexible OLED lighting, paving the way to low-cost large-size OLEDs - OLED-info.comAgfa, Philips and the Holst Center are showing a large-area (12x12cm2) flexible OLED - without ITO as transparent electrode, and with printed shunting lines. This means that costly materials and lithography processes are not needed, and the OLEDs are much cheaper.
- 23 Mar 2009:
- 20 Mar 2009:Philips Lumileds is working with luminaire manufacturers to develop market-ready LED-based applications that meet energy efficiency standards.
- 12 Mar 2009:
- 11 Mar 2009:
- 9 Mar 2009:
- 6 Mar 2009:
- 5 Mar 2009:
- 3 Mar 2009:Philips has unveiled its 2009 LCD TV range with an emphasis on high-end models boasting internet access, new EPG and menu systems, and power-saving LED technology.
- 25 Feb 2009:An LED design company specializing in architectural indoor lighting adds to Philips' portfolio of solid-state lighting capabilities.
- Philips Lumileds' announced today that test data for its LUXEON Rebel LEDs shows performance that exceeds ENERGY STAR guidelines intended to ensure quality solid-state luminaire development.
- 23 Feb 2009:
- 16 Feb 2009:
- 16 Jan 2009:
- 6 Jan 2009:
- 26 Dec 2008:
- 3 Dec 2008:
- 6 Nov 2008:
- 5 Nov 2008:New LCD panel comes with the big boast of being "world's fastest"
- 20 Oct 2008:
- 26 Sep 2008:LED luminaire makers that buy all their key components from Osram will now avoid payment of licensing fees under Philips' patent licensing program.
- 24 Sep 2008:
- 19 Sep 2008:
- 10 Sep 2008:
- 9 Sep 2008:
- 14 Aug 2008:
- 15 Jul 2008:
- 3 Jul 2008:
- 30 Jun 2008:Philips holds the distinction for being the first company in the world to light up its office with nothing but LED solutions.
- Leveraging smart automated SI energy, Toes helps manufacturers move towards Industry 4.0
- Imagination receives TSMC 2015 Graphics Partner of the Year Award
- Paving the Way to Flexible, Customer-centric Telco Services with SDN and NFV
- Revolutionary dynamic AC test system for power transistors
- Merck shows strong commitment by accelerating its development in the semiconductor sector
- Unisys IT Implementation of Unisys Stealth Solution for Data Center Segmentation
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Digitimes Research: iPad Pro shipments to be less than 3 million units in 4Q15
- Digitimes Research: Shrinking tablet market prompts China touch panel supply chain to look for growth elsewhere
- Digitimes Research: Apple to push forward with In-Cell touch technology in 2015 but highly considering G/G for 2016
- Digitimes Research: Tsinghua Unigroup acquisition of Micron faces difficulties, but is a must for China for further development
- Digitimes Research: Qualcomm to push inexpensive mobile device market with Microsoft and Allwinner solutions
Notebook vendor Acer aims to ship at least five million smartphones in 2015 and plans to hike the shipments...
The acquisition of Freescale by NXP Semiconductors will make NXP the world's second largest MCU supplier...
Competition in the graphics card market has grown fierce as demand for graphics cards from the gaming...
Socionext, a Japan-based corporation focused on the design, development, and sales of system-on-chip...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...