- 24 Apr 2009:
- 17 Apr 2009:
- 15 Apr 2009:Dutch consumer electronics giant Philips reported a surprise first quarter loss of US$78.9 million compared to a US$390 million profit a year ago. Europe's biggest electronics firm is a casualty of slowing global demand as the recession continues to take its toll on sales, which fell 17% to US$6.8 billion.
- 14 Apr 2009:
- 8 Apr 2009:Companies show ITO-free, printed flexible OLED lighting, paving the way to low-cost large-size OLEDs - OLED-info.comAgfa, Philips and the Holst Center are showing a large-area (12x12cm2) flexible OLED - without ITO as transparent electrode, and with printed shunting lines. This means that costly materials and lithography processes are not needed, and the OLEDs are much cheaper.
- 23 Mar 2009:
- 20 Mar 2009:Philips Lumileds is working with luminaire manufacturers to develop market-ready LED-based applications that meet energy efficiency standards.
- 12 Mar 2009:
- 11 Mar 2009:
- 9 Mar 2009:
- 6 Mar 2009:
- 5 Mar 2009:
- 3 Mar 2009:Philips has unveiled its 2009 LCD TV range with an emphasis on high-end models boasting internet access, new EPG and menu systems, and power-saving LED technology.
- 25 Feb 2009:An LED design company specializing in architectural indoor lighting adds to Philips' portfolio of solid-state lighting capabilities.
- Philips Lumileds' announced today that test data for its LUXEON Rebel LEDs shows performance that exceeds ENERGY STAR guidelines intended to ensure quality solid-state luminaire development.
- 23 Feb 2009:
- 16 Feb 2009:
- 16 Jan 2009:
- 6 Jan 2009:
- 26 Dec 2008:
- 3 Dec 2008:
- 6 Nov 2008:
- 5 Nov 2008:New LCD panel comes with the big boast of being "world's fastest"
- 20 Oct 2008:
- 26 Sep 2008:LED luminaire makers that buy all their key components from Osram will now avoid payment of licensing fees under Philips' patent licensing program.
- 24 Sep 2008:
- 19 Sep 2008:
- 10 Sep 2008:
- 9 Sep 2008:
- 14 Aug 2008:
- 15 Jul 2008:
- 3 Jul 2008:
- 30 Jun 2008:Philips holds the distinction for being the first company in the world to light up its office with nothing but LED solutions.
- EverFocus launches new mobile mini vandal-proof IR dome camera
- Indium8.9HF1-P delivers high first pass yields for in-circuit testing
- EverFocus announces their upgraded version of Award-winning IP Speed Dome
- GIGABYTE announces 'Feel the Force' OC contest winners
- Internet of Things to provide new business opportunities and enable business model changes
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Efficient Network Management for Digital Signage
- Design Benefits of the MI/O Extension Solution
ChipMOS Technologies is among very few firms that have transformed themselves successfully and are...
Chunghwa Telecom (CHT), Taiwan Mobile (TWM) and Far EasTone Telecommunications (FET), the three largest...
Smartphone ODM Arima Communications has decided to expand its product lines to include tablets, smart...
OCZ Technology shifted its corporate focus away from legacy DRAM memory modules in 2011, and has since...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...