- 12 Dec 2016:Royal Philips agreed to sell a majority stake in its lighting components unit to Apollo Global Management in a cut-price deal valued at $2 billion after a US national security panel blocked a more lucrative transaction with a Chinese buyer almost a year ago.
- 26 Oct 2015:Philips has announced that its $3.3bn sale of Lumileds could be blocked by US authorities.
- 25 Feb 2015:The Netherlands-based firm is already in discussions with several potential buyers.
- 23 Apr 2013:Philips, the world's biggest lighting maker, has reported a 38% jump in first quarter LED sales from a year earlier.
- 16 Apr 2013:Increased spending in NAND and flash by Micron, LEDs by Philips and Osram, and continued investments by Globalfoundries will create new opportunities for equipment and materials suppliers in Southeast Asia.
- 15 Apr 2013:
- 19 Mar 2013:
- 13 Mar 2013:Cree Lighting and Philips Lighting both announced 60W-equivalent LED lamps at less than US$15, but the companies took decidedly different design approaches to the SSL retrofits.
- 12 Mar 2013:Philips invites developers to write apps for Hue wireless LED light bulbs (March 11) - MIT Technology ReviewPhilips today introduced a software development kit for a brand of its LED light bulbs. The APIs let programmers write custom iOS applications for Hue, bulbs that connect to a home network and can be controlled from a smart phone or iPad.
- 7 Mar 2013:A four-year contract to install LED lighting across the transport network in Paris will see work begin in April this year.
- 5 Mar 2013:
- 1 Feb 2013:
- 11 Dec 2012:
- 1 Nov 2012:
- 20 Sep 2012:
- 12 Sep 2012:LED lighting will be connected to the Internet of things, says global marketing director of Philips (September 11) - LEDs MagazineNiels Van Duinen, global marketing director at Philips Lighting led off the Street & Area Lighting Conference on September 10 with a forward look at LED lighting and how smart-city projects will ultimately connect lighting on Internet Protocol (IP) networks.
- 11 Sep 2012:Philips Electronics has said it will shed another 2,200 jobs as it looks to cut additional costs from the business.
- 22 Aug 2012:
- 5 Jul 2012:
- 21 Jun 2012:Philips Lumileds announced the Luxeon Z series of LEDs with models across the color space from 670-440 nm, and in phosphor-converted 4000K white.
- 5 Mar 2012:Philips Electronics is optimistic about LED lighting sales as the technology gains popularity worldwide.
- 31 Jan 2012:
- 20 Jan 2012:
- 15 Dec 2011:
- 14 Dec 2011:
- 7 Dec 2011:
- 6 Dec 2011:Seoul Semiconductor Co., Ltd., the Korea-based LED manufacturer, has announced that is has settled its LED patent dispute with Royal Philips Electronics.
- 18 Oct 2011:
- 17 Oct 2011:Philips Electronics said it was considering its options should the sale of its TV business collapse as it reported plummeting third-quarter profits and little hope of a material improvement in the near term.
- 29 Sep 2011:When you are in the lighting business and a disruptive new technology such as light-emitting diodes (LEDs) comes along, it pays to be inventive.
- 28 Sep 2011:Philips expands roadway luminaire family and again uses LEDgine module (September 27) - LEDs MagazinePhilips Roadway Lighting announced the new RoadView luminaire series designed for use in place of up to 400W HID sources.
- 7 Sep 2011:South Korea's LG Electronics said it has tied up with Dutch giant Philips and Japan's Sharp to ramp up production of applications for Internet-powered televisions.
- 1 Sep 2011:Retailers expect a sharp rise in the cost of the traditional 60W light bulb as European-wide legislation preventing their production or import takes effect on September 1.
- Osram AG (Munich, Germany), the lighting subsidiary of Siemens AG, is celebrating the opening of a pilot-line manufacturing plant for organic light-emitting diodes (OLEDs).
- 23 Aug 2011:
- 19 Aug 2011:
- 28 Jul 2011:New SSL street-light projects in Boston, MA and Weston, FL utilize Philips Hadco and Roadway luminaires, and Philips SpeedStar luminaires serve in a UK pilot.
- 21 Jul 2011:
- 20 Jul 2011:Prices of LED lamps and luminaires have almost halved in the past 6-9 months, thanks to a fall in global prices of their chips and local production by Philips.
- 30 Jun 2011:
- Quanmax opens up 'Blue Ocean' infotainment opportunities with OPS compliant display
- TUV NORD launches SECURITY 4 SAFETY service to build Industry 4.0 foundation for customers
- ABB wins $100 million order to upgrade historic HVDC link in the U.S.
- Supermicro introduces latest SUPERO desktop and gaming solutions at CES 2017
- Wanshih Electronic will exhibit USB3.1 cable assemblies with type C in 2017 Consumer Technology Association (CES)
- Unisys IT Implementation of Unisys Stealth Solution for Data Center Segmentation
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Perforce Software Wins Develop Industry Excellence Award for the Second Year in a Row
- Perforce Teams with Leading Git Client Developer fournova
- Perforce Introduces Helix GitSwarm: Flexible Git Ecosystem Mirrored to a Powerful Mainline Repository
- Perforce Helix Distributed Version Control System Brings Greater Flexibility While Maintaining Enterprise-class Security, Auditability and Control
- Perforce Powers Development of Legacy Quest for iOS and Android
- Digitimes Research: Samsung Note 7 issues may help Apple to regain number-1 crown in 4Q16
- Digitimes Research: 4 million 9.7-inch iPad Pros to ship in 1H16
- Digitimes Research: Global all-in-one PC shipments to drop 3.9% on year in 2015
- Mentor Graphics Veloce VirtuaLAB adds protocols for networking designs
- Mouser Electronics undergoing expansion
Qualcomm agreed in late 2016 to buy NXP Semiconductor for about US$4.7 billion in the biggest-ever...
With 2015 being the 50th anniversary of Moore's Law, one of the hottest topics that has continued to...
Gary Patton, a 30-year veteran in the semiconductor industry, joined Globalfoundries as CTO in July...
To help foster the development of related wireless charging technology in Taiwan, the Wireless Power...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...