- 6 Jun 2012:Japan's public broadcasting network says new television technology will offer viewers a picture with 16 times the resolution currently available on HDTVs.
- 31 May 2012:
- 30 May 2012:Panasonic is mulling fresh job losses on top of 17,000 recent lay-offs as the Japanese electronics conglomerate looks to engineer a profit rebound, a source said.
- 15 May 2012:South Korea's Samsung Electronics Co. will likely preempt the global TV market with its latest organic light-emitting diode (OLED) TVs, pushing them as its next revenue source, a market research firm said Tuesday.
- 14 May 2012:Sony Corp predicted a return to profit this year as it looks to halve the losses in its TV business that pushed the Japanese consumer electronics giant to a record loss of $5.74 billion in the year just ended.
- 10 May 2012:
- 26 Apr 2012:LG Electronics Inc, the world's No.2 television maker, more than trebled its quarterly profit to $393 million on improved margins and a pick-up in high-end TV sales, underscoring South Korea's dominance in an industry once ruled by Japanese rivals.
- 24 Apr 2012:Japan's Sony Corp is in talks with Taiwan's AU Optronics Corp to jointly produce next-generation OLED televisions, the Yomiuri Shimbun reported, positioning itself for the post-liquid crystal display (LCD) TV market.
- Japan's Sony Corp is in talks with Taiwan's AU Optronics Corp to jointly produce next-generation OLED televisions, the Yomiuri Shimbun reported, positioning itself for the post-liquid crystal display (LCD) TV market.
- 20 Apr 2012:There is a good chance for Taiwanese LCD panel makers to return to the black next quarter, because recovering demand for TV panels will help end prolonged oversupply and trigger a round of price rebounds, market researcher NPD DisplaySearch forecast yesterday.
- 30 Mar 2012:Sony announced today that it is shaking up its management structure in an effort to avoid yet another year of losses.
- The Sony Bravia KDL-46HX820 is a 46-inch LED/LCD TV that offers an attractive, thin profile, design complemented by an overlay of sturdy Gorilla Glass.
- 20 Mar 2012:
- 6 Mar 2012:
- 12 Jan 2012:MStar partners with Intel to jointly promote Intel WiDi and Smart TV technologies (January 9) - Company releaseMStar Semiconductor has announced support for Intel WiDi on their Smart TV platform.
- 6 Jan 2012:After several years of rapid capacity expansion driven by high-brightness LED used in TV backlighting applications, a 40% decline in world metal organic chemical vapor deposition (MOCVD) purchases in 2012 will reduce overall LED equipment spending for the first time in over five years.
- 3 Jan 2012:
- 19 Dec 2011:
- 22 Nov 2011:
- 16 Nov 2011:
- 12 Nov 2011:Logitech jumped off the Google TV train earlier this week, but now it looks like another consumer-electronics maker, LG, may be hopping on.
- 11 Nov 2011:
- 3 Nov 2011:RealD, a producer of 3D video technology, has disclosed that Samsung has decided not to proceed with a previous plan to build TVs using the RealD 3D technology.
- 31 Oct 2011:
- In the face of slumping TV sales and a glut of panels for liquid crystal displays, Sony is considering options for its LCD panel joint venture with South Korea's Samsung Electronics, including possibly ending the alliance, according to a person familiar with the matter.
- 28 Oct 2011:Hisense and eyeSight have announced a partnership that will see the two firms bring the first Android smart TV to market that has integrated gesture recognition tech inside.
- Sharp Corp cut its full-year operating profit forecast forecast by 12 percent, hit by sliding domestic television sales but the cut was not as bad as the market had feared.
- 25 Oct 2011:'I finally cracked it': Steve Jobs' TV plan (October 24) - The Sydney Morning Herald (USE Sydney Morning Herald)Apple has "cracked" how to build an integrated television that is "completely easy to use", Steve Jobs revealed to his biographer.
- 24 Oct 2011:When the authorized biography of Steve Jobs goes on sale tomorrow, it will throw more fuel on the rumor that Apple has a TV set in its product pipeline.
- Acer has recently rolled out (in Europe) a new LED-free LCD HDTV, a 32-inch model known as AT3218MF which features a native resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels, viewing angles of 178/178 degrees (an IPS panel maybe), and a brightness of 400 cd/m2.
- Japanese electronics maker Panasonic will scale back domestic semiconductor output by the end of March 2012 and cut about 1,000 jobs, reflecting its recent move to reduce TV panel production, the Nikkei business daily said.
- 18 Oct 2011:Samsung inks deal with Yandex for smart TV, bada mobile services in Russia (October 17) - Business InsiderYandex is taking its services to new screens by inking a deal with Samsung to preload access to Yandex on its line of connected TVs as well as its bada-powered feature phones distributed in Russia and other CIS states.
- Despite the near-term weakness, the company's long-term outlook looks bright with strong demand from emerging economies like India and China where replacement rate for tablets and notebooks is still high.
- 17 Oct 2011:Telly buyers are keener on Smart TV tech than they are on 3D, but both features are going to be taken up more enthusiastically than televisions in general over the next three years.
- Philips Electronics said it was considering its options should the sale of its TV business collapse as it reported plummeting third-quarter profits and little hope of a material improvement in the near term.
- 14 Oct 2011:TV 2 became Norway's first broadcaster to air live 3D last night when it delivered the Norway v Cyprus football match from the national football stadium in Oslo in 3D.
- Samsung's app store opened for business in February of last year, and currently enjoys an average of 50,000 downloads per day.
- 13 Oct 2011:The 2011 shipments of flat panel TVs in India are expected to grow from 5.5M units in 2011 to 20.8M units in 2015, a CAGR of 39%, according to DisplaySearch.
- Intel is disbanding its Digital Home Group, which builds SoC Atom variants for smart TVs and other similar consumer electronics devices. Boxee Box and Google TV are both based on Intel's CE4100 Atom SoC.
- Consumers who picked up a Panasonic Viera TV last year can now upgrade their IPTV software to match 2011 models.
- Iceleads raises US$3.5M in Series-A funding for global expansion of its BuyNow solution
- Join ThroughTek's upcoming IoT/M2M webinar!
- KFA: Compact power entry module with filter now with ground line choke
- 2015 Taipei international cycle show: HOLUX exhibits wearable Heart-Rate Smartwatch WRL-8100
- Advantest wins new customer with installation of V93000 semiconductor test system at Shanghai Haier IC in China
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Digitimes Research: Microsoft to push 2 inexpensive notebooks in mid-2015 to counter Chromebook penetration
- Digitimes Research: Holitech to become 2nd-largest touch panel maker in China after acquisitions
- Digitimes Research: White-box tablet players turn to Windows 2-in-1s using Intel Bay Trail in 2Q15
- Digitimes Research: Taiwan on-cell touch panel shipments to see strong growth, yet offer little profit
- Digitimes Research: Samsung to adopt MediaTek APs for smartphones
The IC backend service industry was capped by a flurry of merger and acquisition (M&A) activities...
Macronix International, which ranks as the world's second-largest NOR flash supplier with a 19% share...
The applications, demand and service areas for the global storage device industry have seen profound...
Lenovo, which had the fourth-largest market share next to Asustek Computer, Acer and Apple in the Taiwan...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...