- 20 Mar 2012:
- 6 Mar 2012:
- 12 Jan 2012:MStar partners with Intel to jointly promote Intel WiDi and Smart TV technologies (January 9) - Company releaseMStar Semiconductor has announced support for Intel WiDi on their Smart TV platform.
- 6 Jan 2012:After several years of rapid capacity expansion driven by high-brightness LED used in TV backlighting applications, a 40% decline in world metal organic chemical vapor deposition (MOCVD) purchases in 2012 will reduce overall LED equipment spending for the first time in over five years.
- 3 Jan 2012:
- 19 Dec 2011:
- 22 Nov 2011:
- 16 Nov 2011:
- 12 Nov 2011:Logitech jumped off the Google TV train earlier this week, but now it looks like another consumer-electronics maker, LG, may be hopping on.
- 11 Nov 2011:
- 3 Nov 2011:RealD, a producer of 3D video technology, has disclosed that Samsung has decided not to proceed with a previous plan to build TVs using the RealD 3D technology.
- 31 Oct 2011:
- In the face of slumping TV sales and a glut of panels for liquid crystal displays, Sony is considering options for its LCD panel joint venture with South Korea's Samsung Electronics, including possibly ending the alliance, according to a person familiar with the matter.
- 28 Oct 2011:Hisense and eyeSight have announced a partnership that will see the two firms bring the first Android smart TV to market that has integrated gesture recognition tech inside.
- Sharp Corp cut its full-year operating profit forecast forecast by 12 percent, hit by sliding domestic television sales but the cut was not as bad as the market had feared.
- 25 Oct 2011:'I finally cracked it': Steve Jobs' TV plan (October 24) - The Sydney Morning Herald (USE Sydney Morning Herald)Apple has "cracked" how to build an integrated television that is "completely easy to use", Steve Jobs revealed to his biographer.
- 24 Oct 2011:When the authorized biography of Steve Jobs goes on sale tomorrow, it will throw more fuel on the rumor that Apple has a TV set in its product pipeline.
- Acer has recently rolled out (in Europe) a new LED-free LCD HDTV, a 32-inch model known as AT3218MF which features a native resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels, viewing angles of 178/178 degrees (an IPS panel maybe), and a brightness of 400 cd/m2.
- Japanese electronics maker Panasonic will scale back domestic semiconductor output by the end of March 2012 and cut about 1,000 jobs, reflecting its recent move to reduce TV panel production, the Nikkei business daily said.
- 18 Oct 2011:Samsung inks deal with Yandex for smart TV, bada mobile services in Russia (October 17) - Business InsiderYandex is taking its services to new screens by inking a deal with Samsung to preload access to Yandex on its line of connected TVs as well as its bada-powered feature phones distributed in Russia and other CIS states.
- Despite the near-term weakness, the company's long-term outlook looks bright with strong demand from emerging economies like India and China where replacement rate for tablets and notebooks is still high.
- 17 Oct 2011:Telly buyers are keener on Smart TV tech than they are on 3D, but both features are going to be taken up more enthusiastically than televisions in general over the next three years.
- Philips Electronics said it was considering its options should the sale of its TV business collapse as it reported plummeting third-quarter profits and little hope of a material improvement in the near term.
- 14 Oct 2011:TV 2 became Norway's first broadcaster to air live 3D last night when it delivered the Norway v Cyprus football match from the national football stadium in Oslo in 3D.
- Samsung's app store opened for business in February of last year, and currently enjoys an average of 50,000 downloads per day.
- 13 Oct 2011:The 2011 shipments of flat panel TVs in India are expected to grow from 5.5M units in 2011 to 20.8M units in 2015, a CAGR of 39%, according to DisplaySearch.
- Intel is disbanding its Digital Home Group, which builds SoC Atom variants for smart TVs and other similar consumer electronics devices. Boxee Box and Google TV are both based on Intel's CE4100 Atom SoC.
- Consumers who picked up a Panasonic Viera TV last year can now upgrade their IPTV software to match 2011 models.
- 12 Oct 2011:
- Sony Corp will recall 1.6 million of its Bravia brand LCD televisions worldwide after several incidents of TV sets emitting smoke or parts melting due to faulty components, a company official said on Wednesday.
- LG Display's 47" HD LCD panel offers up vertical single side LED backlight technology, which promises maximum brightness while consuming less electricity than other LCD TV panels over 40 inches in size and even normal PC monitors over 20 inches in size.
- 6 Oct 2011:The Veolo is AC Ryan's version of the LG Smart TV Upgrader and is powered by Android 2.2 (Froyo). Key smart TV functions include a full Web browser with Flash and HTML5 support, as well as downloadable apps, games and widgets from the AndroidPIT app center.
- 5 Oct 2011:This particular LCD TV model on display at CEATEC this year in Japan sports a laser backlight that delivers unparalleled brightness levels.
- Adobe has announced that it is extending Air to Smart TVs and the first app to hit the smart TV realm that uses the Air platform is headed to Samsung.
- 4 Oct 2011:PlayJam has partnered with one of the most successful casual games developers Slingo, to exclusively deliver an exciting combination of Bingo and Slots to Smart TV via their global gaming platform.
- 3 Oct 2011:The Consumer Decision Process: Summer Update shows that this growth means that a quarter of US broadband households intend to purchase an Internet-connectable CE device in 2011.
- 30 Sep 2011:According to figures from Ofcom, there were 1m connected TV sets sold in the UK last year, but is this just another false dawn like interactive TV in the late 1990s? Darren Petersen, Samsung UK's content services manager, told Digital Spy that connected TV is here to stay.
- Number of consumers planning to purchase a smart TV nearly doubles in 2011 (September 29) - Marketwatch.com (Dow Jones)The number of U.S. consumers planning to purchase a smart TV has nearly doubled in less than a year, according to new consumer research from Parks Associates.
- 29 Sep 2011:Smart phones and smart television are emerging markets for giant chip manufacturer Intel over the next few years.
- 28 Sep 2011:Toshiba Corp. said Wednesday it aims to significantly boost its share in the liquid crystal display television market in the Philippines from 4 percent in fiscal 2010 to 20 percent in fiscal 2013 through March 2014.
- EverFocus announces their upgraded version of Award-winning IP Speed Dome
- GIGABYTE announces 'Feel the Force' OC contest winners
- Internet of Things to provide new business opportunities and enable business model changes
- MOEA recognizes alliances between foreign and Taiwanese IT firms for creating new value
- Advantech Accelerates Intelligent Video Designs with Complete Solutions
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Efficient Network Management for Digital Signage
- Design Benefits of the MI/O Extension Solution
ChipMOS Technologies is among very few firms that have transformed themselves successfully and are...
Chunghwa Telecom (CHT), Taiwan Mobile (TWM) and Far EasTone Telecommunications (FET), the three largest...
Smartphone ODM Arima Communications has decided to expand its product lines to include tablets, smart...
OCZ Technology shifted its corporate focus away from legacy DRAM memory modules in 2011, and has since...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...