- 7 Apr 2015:
- 2 Apr 2015:
- 24 Feb 2015:Sony has said it will spin off its video-and-audio business into a separate company as part of a three-year plan to return to profit.
- 13 Jan 2015:Sony CEO Kazuo Hirai has weathered a crisis over a cyberattack on its Hollywood studio and its controversial comedy "The Interview", but his toughest moment may be just arriving as he prepares a new business revival plan.
- 14 Nov 2014:
- 4 Nov 2014:China's Xiaomi Technology said on Tuesday it would spend US$1 billion to expand its internet TV content as the world's third largest smartphone maker ramps up its push into the living room, and a market estimated to be worth US$3 billion.
- 11 Jul 2014:
- 27 Jun 2014:
- 24 Mar 2014:
- 13 Mar 2014:
- 3 Jan 2014:
- 26 Dec 2013:Sony and Panasonic said on Wednesday that they will end joint development of organic light emitting diode (OLED) television screens.
- 16 Dec 2013:
- 11 Nov 2013:
- 21 Oct 2013:
- 11 Oct 2013:
- 27 Sep 2013:
- 17 Sep 2013:
- 9 Aug 2013:Toshiba's new chief executive said he won't pull the plug on the company's unprofitable television and personal-computer operations, shunning the "easy option" of exiting cutthroat competition for a chance to reclaim its former prominence in the businesses.
- 31 Jul 2013:
- 25 Jun 2013:
- 13 Jun 2013:
- 11 Jun 2013:
- 23 Apr 2013:
- 20 Feb 2013:There are two products Apple is rumored to be working on at the moment - a smartwatch and a TV.
- 28 Jan 2013:Samsung plans to invest US$1.7 billion in expanding and fitting out its operations in Kunshan, a fast-growing manufacturing hub west of Shanghai, the Xinhua news agency said on Sunday.
- 22 Jan 2013:As well as its US regional headquarters, Sony has also indicated its willingness to sell the building housing its television business in Tokyo.
- 4 Jan 2013:
- 2 Jan 2013:
- 20 Nov 2012:Smart TVs, LED technology, emerging markets will help boost the IC market for TVs.
- 23 Oct 2012:Consumer Electronics Industry Announces Ultra High-Definition (Oct 18) - Consumer Electronics Association (CEA)The next generation of so-called "4K" high-definition display technology for the home - giant-screen TVs with more than eight million pixels of resolution, four times the resolution of today's high-definition televisions - will be called "Ultra High-Definition" or "Ultra HD," connoting its superiority over conventional HDTV, according to the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA)
- 27 Aug 2012:Broadcasts in 8K will offer a resolution of 7,680 by 4,320 pixels - roughly the equivalent of a 32 megapixel photo.
- 24 Aug 2012:The latest TV technology buzzword is "4K." This magical alphanumeric represents a quadrupling of the now-standard 1080p resolution found on Blu-ray and most HDTVs. Have no doubt, manufacturers are going to start pushing 4K (some already are). The thing is, though, you don't need 4K, because in the home, 4K is stupid.
- AMOLED may one day challenge LCDs as preferred TV display technology (August 20) - Broadcast EngineeringThe AMOLED market will grow nearly tenfold from 2.3 million square meters in 2012 to more than 22 million in 2016, according to a new forecast from DisplaySearch.
- 22 Aug 2012:If you're longing impatiently for the much-hyped features of Apple's rumored new TV, you don't have to wait. They're already here.
- 20 Aug 2012:Sharp Corp. is mulling selling its TV assembly plants in China and Mexico to Taiwanese partner Hon Hai Precision Industry Co. , Japan's national broadcaster NHK reported Friday.
- 14 Aug 2012:Piper Jaffray's Gene Munster and Barclay's Ben Reitzes -- filed notes Wednesday about Apple's (AAPL) much-rumored TV product. No, not the $99 Apple TV set-top box the company actually sells, but the full-fledged Apple television set that Munster has been talking up since at least August 2009.
- 6 Aug 2012:The US Patent and Trademark Office officially published a series of nineteen newly granted patents for Apple Inc. today. One of the patents that stood out from the crowd this morning relates to a high refresh rate LCD called FFS that Apple clearly states is suited for a TV.
- 16 Jul 2012:Sina Corp. (SINA), operator of the Twitter- like Weibo site in China, plans to start a new Internet television service, stepping up efforts to add multimedia content to win social networking users.
- Indium Corporation features ultra-low residue no-clean Flip-Chip Flux at SEMICON Taiwan
- Indium Corporation's patented BiAgX: A drop-in replacement for high-Pb solders
- Echoing Government's Productivity 4.0, IoT Automation Boosts Taiwan's Competitiveness
- ASUS selects Pixelworks' Iris mobile display processor and True Clarity enhancements for ZenPad tablet
- Etasis promotes new 350W 1U slim redundant power supply to market
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Digitimes Research: Tablets with phone functionality from white-box players to suffer over 15% decline in 2Q15
- Digitimes Research: China smartphone shipments see weaker-than-expected growth in 2Q15
- Digitimes Research: Intel 28nm SoFIA 4G AP delayed to early 2016; may face overlap issue with 14nm version
- Digitimes Research: White-box players pushing 10.1-inch Windows tablets
- Silicon providers main beneficiaries of enthusiast PC growth; opportunities exist for vendors to raise profits with innovative products, says HWinsights
- Zoom Storage looking to become media library for mobile device users
- AMD unveils sixth-generation A-series APUs for mobile products
- Computex 2015: Startup company Endless pushing PC for developing countries
- Computex 2015: Nvidia unveils GTX 980 Ti and G-Sync technology
- Computex 2015: BioLogic SportCase wins Design and Innovation Award
Competition in the graphics card market has grown fierce as demand for graphics cards from the gaming...
Socionext, a Japan-based corporation focused on the design, development, and sales of system-on-chip...
Computex has evolved into one of the biggest and most important ICT trade shows in the world since...
Although the company has not been operating in the gaming notebook industry for long, Gigabyte Technology...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...