- 3 Jan 2014:
- 26 Dec 2013:Sony and Panasonic said on Wednesday that they will end joint development of organic light emitting diode (OLED) television screens.
- 16 Dec 2013:
- 11 Nov 2013:
- 21 Oct 2013:
- 11 Oct 2013:
- 27 Sep 2013:
- 17 Sep 2013:
- 9 Aug 2013:Toshiba's new chief executive said he won't pull the plug on the company's unprofitable television and personal-computer operations, shunning the "easy option" of exiting cutthroat competition for a chance to reclaim its former prominence in the businesses.
- 31 Jul 2013:
- 25 Jun 2013:
- 13 Jun 2013:
- 11 Jun 2013:
- 23 Apr 2013:
- 20 Feb 2013:There are two products Apple is rumored to be working on at the moment - a smartwatch and a TV.
- 28 Jan 2013:Samsung plans to invest US$1.7 billion in expanding and fitting out its operations in Kunshan, a fast-growing manufacturing hub west of Shanghai, the Xinhua news agency said on Sunday.
- 22 Jan 2013:As well as its US regional headquarters, Sony has also indicated its willingness to sell the building housing its television business in Tokyo.
- 4 Jan 2013:
- 2 Jan 2013:
- 20 Nov 2012:Smart TVs, LED technology, emerging markets will help boost the IC market for TVs.
- 23 Oct 2012:Consumer Electronics Industry Announces Ultra High-Definition (Oct 18) - Consumer Electronics Association (CEA)The next generation of so-called "4K" high-definition display technology for the home - giant-screen TVs with more than eight million pixels of resolution, four times the resolution of today's high-definition televisions - will be called "Ultra High-Definition" or "Ultra HD," connoting its superiority over conventional HDTV, according to the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA)
- 27 Aug 2012:Broadcasts in 8K will offer a resolution of 7,680 by 4,320 pixels - roughly the equivalent of a 32 megapixel photo.
- 24 Aug 2012:The latest TV technology buzzword is "4K." This magical alphanumeric represents a quadrupling of the now-standard 1080p resolution found on Blu-ray and most HDTVs. Have no doubt, manufacturers are going to start pushing 4K (some already are). The thing is, though, you don't need 4K, because in the home, 4K is stupid.
- AMOLED may one day challenge LCDs as preferred TV display technology (August 20) - Broadcast EngineeringThe AMOLED market will grow nearly tenfold from 2.3 million square meters in 2012 to more than 22 million in 2016, according to a new forecast from DisplaySearch.
- 22 Aug 2012:If you're longing impatiently for the much-hyped features of Apple's rumored new TV, you don't have to wait. They're already here.
- 20 Aug 2012:Sharp Corp. is mulling selling its TV assembly plants in China and Mexico to Taiwanese partner Hon Hai Precision Industry Co. , Japan's national broadcaster NHK reported Friday.
- 14 Aug 2012:Piper Jaffray's Gene Munster and Barclay's Ben Reitzes -- filed notes Wednesday about Apple's (AAPL) much-rumored TV product. No, not the $99 Apple TV set-top box the company actually sells, but the full-fledged Apple television set that Munster has been talking up since at least August 2009.
- 6 Aug 2012:The US Patent and Trademark Office officially published a series of nineteen newly granted patents for Apple Inc. today. One of the patents that stood out from the crowd this morning relates to a high refresh rate LCD called FFS that Apple clearly states is suited for a TV.
- 16 Jul 2012:Sina Corp. (SINA), operator of the Twitter- like Weibo site in China, plans to start a new Internet television service, stepping up efforts to add multimedia content to win social networking users.
- 13 Jul 2012:Toshiba has announced that it will implement a series of functional reorganizations of its Digital Products business facilities in Japan that will enhance operating efficiency and the performance of its Digital Products businesses, including the LCD TV business.
- 25 Jun 2012:China's top television brands still rely on Taiwanese panel makers for niche-size and high-end products, despite the increasing capacity of China's domestic firms, a research note by Swiss bank Credit Suisse said.
- 6 Jun 2012:Japan's public broadcasting network says new television technology will offer viewers a picture with 16 times the resolution currently available on HDTVs.
- 31 May 2012:
- 30 May 2012:Panasonic is mulling fresh job losses on top of 17,000 recent lay-offs as the Japanese electronics conglomerate looks to engineer a profit rebound, a source said.
- 15 May 2012:South Korea's Samsung Electronics Co. will likely preempt the global TV market with its latest organic light-emitting diode (OLED) TVs, pushing them as its next revenue source, a market research firm said Tuesday.
- 14 May 2012:Sony Corp predicted a return to profit this year as it looks to halve the losses in its TV business that pushed the Japanese consumer electronics giant to a record loss of $5.74 billion in the year just ended.
- 10 May 2012:
- 26 Apr 2012:LG Electronics Inc, the world's No.2 television maker, more than trebled its quarterly profit to $393 million on improved margins and a pick-up in high-end TV sales, underscoring South Korea's dominance in an industry once ruled by Japanese rivals.
- 24 Apr 2012:Japan's Sony Corp is in talks with Taiwan's AU Optronics Corp to jointly produce next-generation OLED televisions, the Yomiuri Shimbun reported, positioning itself for the post-liquid crystal display (LCD) TV market.
- Japan's Sony Corp is in talks with Taiwan's AU Optronics Corp to jointly produce next-generation OLED televisions, the Yomiuri Shimbun reported, positioning itself for the post-liquid crystal display (LCD) TV market.
- MSI R9 290X LIGHTNING - built to be perfect
- Tatung aggressively expanding in Middle East: Smart energy-saving solutions showcased at Middle East Electricity 2014
- Fortrend Liquid Diamond layer provides anti-germ capability 4 times that of untreated glass
- W Hotel chooses EverFocus as a preferred Security System Provider
- Nimax 2014 new vision: customization and intelligentization
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Efficient Network Management for Digital Signage
- Design Benefits of the MI/O Extension Solution
- Digitimes Research: Cortex-A17 to take over ARM high-end/mid-range 32-bit business
- A win-win situation for Toshiba and OCZ: Q&A with Alex Mei, CMO of OCZ Storage Solutions
- Is a US$25 smartphone possible?
- Digitimes Research: Apple triggers 64-bit AP battle
- Digitimes Research: MediaTek hikes turn-key value by virtue of Hotknot
- Intel unveils latest Education Tablet and Classmate PC
- AMD offers new 12- and 16-core additions to Opteron 6300 series
- CES 2014: Samsung unveils 12-inch tablet lineups
- CES 2014: HP unveils new 27-inch all-in-one workstation and new Android-based all-in-one PC
- CES 2014: LG unveils new wearable innovations
As part of Toshiba, OCZ Storage Solutions is able to leverage Toshiba's NAND and combine it with its...
While Digitimes is known as a media outlet, the company also includes a business unit that solely focuses...
ChipMOS Technologies is among very few firms that have transformed themselves successfully and are...
Chunghwa Telecom (CHT), Taiwan Mobile (TWM) and Far EasTone Telecommunications (FET), the three largest...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...