- 1 Oct 2015:Toshiba Corp (6502.T) may lay off staff in its underperforming home appliances, TV and PC businesses and seek a partner for its nuclear operations to overhaul the company after a $1.3 billion accounting scandal, its chief executive said on Thursday.
- 15 Sep 2015:Japan's stock exchange ordered Toshiba to pay a record fine of Y91.2m ($750,000) in the wake of a $2bn accounting scandal, marking another reputational blow to the lossmaking nuclear-to-semiconductor conglomerate.
- 10 Sep 2015:
- 7 Apr 2015:
- 2 Apr 2015:
- 24 Feb 2015:Sony has said it will spin off its video-and-audio business into a separate company as part of a three-year plan to return to profit.
- 13 Jan 2015:Sony CEO Kazuo Hirai has weathered a crisis over a cyberattack on its Hollywood studio and its controversial comedy "The Interview", but his toughest moment may be just arriving as he prepares a new business revival plan.
- 14 Nov 2014:
- 4 Nov 2014:China's Xiaomi Technology said on Tuesday it would spend US$1 billion to expand its internet TV content as the world's third largest smartphone maker ramps up its push into the living room, and a market estimated to be worth US$3 billion.
- 11 Jul 2014:
- 27 Jun 2014:
- 24 Mar 2014:
- 13 Mar 2014:
- 3 Jan 2014:
- 26 Dec 2013:Sony and Panasonic said on Wednesday that they will end joint development of organic light emitting diode (OLED) television screens.
- 16 Dec 2013:
- 11 Nov 2013:
- 21 Oct 2013:
- 11 Oct 2013:
- 27 Sep 2013:
- 17 Sep 2013:
- 9 Aug 2013:Toshiba's new chief executive said he won't pull the plug on the company's unprofitable television and personal-computer operations, shunning the "easy option" of exiting cutthroat competition for a chance to reclaim its former prominence in the businesses.
- 31 Jul 2013:
- 25 Jun 2013:
- 13 Jun 2013:
- 11 Jun 2013:
- 23 Apr 2013:
- 20 Feb 2013:There are two products Apple is rumored to be working on at the moment - a smartwatch and a TV.
- 28 Jan 2013:Samsung plans to invest US$1.7 billion in expanding and fitting out its operations in Kunshan, a fast-growing manufacturing hub west of Shanghai, the Xinhua news agency said on Sunday.
- 22 Jan 2013:As well as its US regional headquarters, Sony has also indicated its willingness to sell the building housing its television business in Tokyo.
- 4 Jan 2013:
- 2 Jan 2013:
- 20 Nov 2012:Smart TVs, LED technology, emerging markets will help boost the IC market for TVs.
- 23 Oct 2012:Consumer Electronics Industry Announces Ultra High-Definition (Oct 18) - Consumer Electronics Association (CEA)The next generation of so-called "4K" high-definition display technology for the home - giant-screen TVs with more than eight million pixels of resolution, four times the resolution of today's high-definition televisions - will be called "Ultra High-Definition" or "Ultra HD," connoting its superiority over conventional HDTV, according to the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA)
- 27 Aug 2012:Broadcasts in 8K will offer a resolution of 7,680 by 4,320 pixels - roughly the equivalent of a 32 megapixel photo.
- 24 Aug 2012:The latest TV technology buzzword is "4K." This magical alphanumeric represents a quadrupling of the now-standard 1080p resolution found on Blu-ray and most HDTVs. Have no doubt, manufacturers are going to start pushing 4K (some already are). The thing is, though, you don't need 4K, because in the home, 4K is stupid.
- AMOLED may one day challenge LCDs as preferred TV display technology (August 20) - Broadcast EngineeringThe AMOLED market will grow nearly tenfold from 2.3 million square meters in 2012 to more than 22 million in 2016, according to a new forecast from DisplaySearch.
- 22 Aug 2012:If you're longing impatiently for the much-hyped features of Apple's rumored new TV, you don't have to wait. They're already here.
- 20 Aug 2012:Sharp Corp. is mulling selling its TV assembly plants in China and Mexico to Taiwanese partner Hon Hai Precision Industry Co. , Japan's national broadcaster NHK reported Friday.
- LitePoint integrates flexible PA/FEM testing in one chassis
- 'Smart IoT Testing for Wireless Future' – An enlightenment on IoT testing technologies, innovative applications, and new thinking
- Thunder: Custom and Big Data analysis layout solution
- IoT of tomorrow can change mankind
- Advantest joins with Malaysian OSAT Fabtronic and government group to establish first shared-services lab in Southeast Asia
- Unisys IT Implementation of Unisys Stealth Solution for Data Center Segmentation
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Digitimes Research: iPad Pro shipments to be less than 3 million units in 4Q15
- Digitimes Research: Shrinking tablet market prompts China touch panel supply chain to look for growth elsewhere
- Digitimes Research: Apple to push forward with In-Cell touch technology in 2015 but highly considering G/G for 2016
- Digitimes Research: Tsinghua Unigroup acquisition of Micron faces difficulties, but is a must for China for further development
- Digitimes Research: Qualcomm to push inexpensive mobile device market with Microsoft and Allwinner solutions
Notebook vendor Acer aims to ship at least five million smartphones in 2015 and plans to hike the shipments...
The acquisition of Freescale by NXP Semiconductors will make NXP the world's second largest MCU supplier...
Competition in the graphics card market has grown fierce as demand for graphics cards from the gaming...
Socionext, a Japan-based corporation focused on the design, development, and sales of system-on-chip...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...