- 13 Oct 2011:Intel is disbanding its Digital Home Group, which builds SoC Atom variants for smart TVs and other similar consumer electronics devices. Boxee Box and Google TV are both based on Intel's CE4100 Atom SoC.
- Consumers who picked up a Panasonic Viera TV last year can now upgrade their IPTV software to match 2011 models.
- 12 Oct 2011:
- Sony Corp will recall 1.6 million of its Bravia brand LCD televisions worldwide after several incidents of TV sets emitting smoke or parts melting due to faulty components, a company official said on Wednesday.
- LG Display's 47" HD LCD panel offers up vertical single side LED backlight technology, which promises maximum brightness while consuming less electricity than other LCD TV panels over 40 inches in size and even normal PC monitors over 20 inches in size.
- 6 Oct 2011:The Veolo is AC Ryan's version of the LG Smart TV Upgrader and is powered by Android 2.2 (Froyo). Key smart TV functions include a full Web browser with Flash and HTML5 support, as well as downloadable apps, games and widgets from the AndroidPIT app center.
- 5 Oct 2011:This particular LCD TV model on display at CEATEC this year in Japan sports a laser backlight that delivers unparalleled brightness levels.
- Adobe has announced that it is extending Air to Smart TVs and the first app to hit the smart TV realm that uses the Air platform is headed to Samsung.
- 4 Oct 2011:PlayJam has partnered with one of the most successful casual games developers Slingo, to exclusively deliver an exciting combination of Bingo and Slots to Smart TV via their global gaming platform.
- 3 Oct 2011:The Consumer Decision Process: Summer Update shows that this growth means that a quarter of US broadband households intend to purchase an Internet-connectable CE device in 2011.
- 30 Sep 2011:According to figures from Ofcom, there were 1m connected TV sets sold in the UK last year, but is this just another false dawn like interactive TV in the late 1990s? Darren Petersen, Samsung UK's content services manager, told Digital Spy that connected TV is here to stay.
- Number of consumers planning to purchase a smart TV nearly doubles in 2011 (September 29) - Marketwatch.com (Dow Jones)The number of U.S. consumers planning to purchase a smart TV has nearly doubled in less than a year, according to new consumer research from Parks Associates.
- 29 Sep 2011:Smart phones and smart television are emerging markets for giant chip manufacturer Intel over the next few years.
- 28 Sep 2011:Toshiba Corp. said Wednesday it aims to significantly boost its share in the liquid crystal display television market in the Philippines from 4 percent in fiscal 2010 to 20 percent in fiscal 2013 through March 2014.
- Panasonic Corp. said Tuesday that it will launch Internet services for its Viera large-screen televisions in Japan on Oct. 4.
- SAVE your 3D glasses from the movies and you can use them with this high-definition TV that offers a lot for less than $700.
- 27 Sep 2011:Australia's internet TV advertising market set to grow 476% in five years (September 25) - Rapid TV NewsThe Australian internet TV advertising industry is set to grow at a compound annual growth rate of 42% from 2011 to 2016, increasing in value from A$54m to $311m according to analyst firm Frost & Sullivan.
- A survey conducted during last month's Disney D23 Expo has revealed that consumers are being won over by 3D TV technology.
- 26 Sep 2011:When you're ready to build that home theater you've always dreamed about, I have the perfect television centerpiece.
- 21 Sep 2011:The DVB (Digital Video Broadcast) Group has revealed that it is looking to enhance the quality of 3D TV in the UK and it hopes it will be able to put a number of improvements in place in 2012.
- 20 Sep 2011:TV ad futures: set-top boxes, network sites key to targeting customers (September 19) - Media Post NewsNo one knows who coined the phrase "a race against time, but that's precisely the situation many programmers and operators find themselves in.
- 19 Sep 2011:After the iPhone and the iPad, Apple may be working on a full-size TV (possibly with no-glasses 3D) which could also give American customers the option of a cheaper service than the present expensive cable TV offerings.
- 14 Sep 2011:Walk into a TV showroom and the dazzling display of screens can be tempting. However, the wide variety and the salesperson's spiel can confuse rather than ease your decision.
- LG has unveiled their PenTouch plasma HDTV at the 2011 IFA.
- New survey finds growth in Internet-based on-demand TV viewing (September 13) - Broadcast EngineeringTV viewers are spending slightly less time watching scheduled broadcast TV and spending more time watching streamed online content.
- Global LED capital spending forecast cut by 13% due to LED TV sales slowdown (September 12) - Semiconductor TodayRecognizing the long-term potential of solid-state lighting and high-brightness LEDs, the Chinese government has supported both demand and supply sectors of the industry, estimated by some analysts to grow from about $10bn in 2010 to over $100bn worldwide by 2020.
- Samsung mulls comeback to Japanese TV market: source (September 13) - Korean Times (USE The Korea Times)Samsung Electronics Co., the world's top TV supplier, is considering a reentry into the Japanese TV market after it quit the country four years ago, an industry source said Tuesday.
- 13 Sep 2011:Samsung hopes it can entice developers to create apps that can connect televisions, phones, tablets and laptops. For the second year in a row, Samsung is hosting what it calls the Free the TV Challenge.
- 9 Sep 2011:Amid sharpening technology, there is no doubt that 3D TV is here to stay with the whole industry currently at the same stage as when high-definition (HD) was introduced.
- 8 Sep 2011:Profit margins on LCD Televisions have been falling steadily over the last few years, and the 3D TV craze has largely failed to boost them up again. So what's a manufacturer to do? Sharp thinks "Go Bigger".
- 7 Sep 2011:South Korea's LG Electronics said it has tied up with Dutch giant Philips and Japan's Sharp to ramp up production of applications for Internet-powered televisions.
- 5 Sep 2011:Today at the IFA trade show in Berlin, LG announced the European availability of the LW980S, its highest-end 2011 LCD TV. We expect a similar announcement of a U.S. version soon, perhaps at the CEDIA trade show in Indianapolis next week.
- 29 Aug 2011:
- 23 Aug 2011:
- 18 Aug 2011:
- 15 Aug 2011:
- 10 Aug 2011:
- 5 Aug 2011:Sharp and Pioneer gave A/V specialty and custom-installation dealers reason to celebrate Thursday when both companies paired up to formally unveil the first Elite brand high-performance LCD TV line that is to be sold exclusively through Elite authorized dealerships.
- Sony ruled out dumping its television business or dissolving a TV panel partnership with Samsung Electronics Co even as it looks to overhaul its loss-making TV unit.
- 4 Aug 2011:
- Advantest ships 4,000th V93000 semiconductor test system to Taiwanese test house Ardentec
- Indium Corporation's Greg Evans awarded Cheongju City's Businessman Award
- The optimal Tele-Care health care: JBL
- Connected Cars Drive ITS and New Services Boom
- LILIN is presenting the latest IR IP PTZ at Secutech Taipei 2015
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Is Japan losing its influence in global semiconductor market?, asks IC Insights
- Digitimes Research: Philips makes wise move selling Lumileds stake
- Digitimes Research: Microsoft patent fee cut to attract vendors to pre-install apps in Android products
- Digitimes Research: Lenovo smartphone shipments reach only 8-9 million units in 1Q15
- Digitimes Research: China smartphone shipments drop over 30% sequentially in 1Q15 as small regional vendors suffer
Taiwan-based crystalline silicon solar cell makers have been impacted by the US imposing an average...
The IC backend service industry was capped by a flurry of merger and acquisition (M&A) activities...
Macronix International, which ranks as the world's second-largest NOR flash supplier with a 19% share...
The applications, demand and service areas for the global storage device industry have seen profound...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...