- 20 May 2011:
- 10 May 2011:Cree is announced to make a breakthrough on the record of 231 lumens per watt for a white power LED.
- 4 May 2011:In January 2009, LG Display signed a MOU with Cree for it to supply LED chips, key components in value-added liquid crystal display (LCD) products. But an LG spokesman Monday described the MOU as "meaningless" now.
- 20 Apr 2011:LED maker Cree reported a profit on Tuesday that missed Wall Street estimates and forecast lower-than-expected earnings in the current quarter due to high inventories and falling prices, sending its shares lower in after-hours trade.
- 7 Apr 2010:"Our checks in Asia suggest the bear case of competitive pressure on Cree likely takes longer to develop," he writes. "We note that many LED chip makers in Korea, Taiwan and Japan continue to out-source high-power LEDs from Cree, as their in-house yields on lighting-class LEDs are not sufficiently high." Zaman says that Cree and Nichia "continue to split the market for lighting-class LEDs for the near term."
- 29 Jan 2010:
- 21 Jan 2010:
- 30 Dec 2009:
- 11 Dec 2009:
- 9 Dec 2009:
- 2 Dec 2009:
- 30 Oct 2009:
- 28 Oct 2009:
- 22 Oct 2009:
- 13 Oct 2009:
- 14 Sep 2009:
- 18 Aug 2009:
- 21 Jul 2009:
- 6 Jul 2009:Cree CEO Chuck Swoboda participates in Presidential roundtable on US innovation and clean-energy technology
- 1 Jul 2009:
- 19 Jun 2009:
- 9 Jun 2009:
- 5 Jun 2009:
- 1 Jun 2009:
- 27 May 2009:
- 13 May 2009:
- 8 May 2009:
- 6 May 2009:
- 5 May 2009:
- 4 May 2009:
- 27 Apr 2009:Cree announced revenue of $131.1 million for its third quarter of fiscal 2009, ended March 29, 2009.
- 24 Apr 2009:
- 22 Apr 2009:
- 3 Apr 2009:
- 2 Apr 2009:
- 1 Apr 2009:
- 26 Mar 2009:Toyoda Gosei and Showa Denko have signed a patent cross-licensing agreement, while Cree and Honeywell have agreed to end their patent dispute. Cree settles lawsuit with Honeywell
- 2 Feb 2009:
- AZUL Design provides integrated services for UI/UX and program design in Asia Pacific
- Universal Stylus Initiative launched to create a specification for an active stylus
- ASRock Rack presents the high specification EP2C612D24
- IoT Gateways Bridge Last Mile Connectivity Gap
- Clientron to exhibit its latest Thin Client and POS solutions along with the full product line at Computex Taipei 2015
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Is Japan losing its influence in global semiconductor market?, asks IC Insights
- Digitimes Research: Philips makes wise move selling Lumileds stake
- Digitimes Research: Microsoft patent fee cut to attract vendors to pre-install apps in Android products
- Digitimes Research: Lenovo smartphone shipments reach only 8-9 million units in 1Q15
- Digitimes Research: China smartphone shipments drop over 30% sequentially in 1Q15 as small regional vendors suffer
Through intensified cooperation with Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC) and MediaTek,...
Taiwan-based crystalline silicon solar cell makers have been impacted by the US imposing an average...
The IC backend service industry was capped by a flurry of merger and acquisition (M&A) activities...
Macronix International, which ranks as the world's second-largest NOR flash supplier with a 19% share...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...