- 24 May 2013:
- 27 Mar 2013:
- 13 Mar 2013:
- Cree Lighting and Philips Lighting both announced 60W-equivalent LED lamps at less than US$15, but the companies took decidedly different design approaches to the SSL retrofits.
- 6 Mar 2013:
- 24 Jan 2013:
- 16 Jan 2013:
- 9 Jan 2013:
- 20 Dec 2012:
- 13 Dec 2012:
- 8 Nov 2012:
- 23 Oct 2012:
- 31 Aug 2012:
- 9 Aug 2012:Cree Inc., a maker of light-emitting diode, or LED, products, said Tuesday that its fiscal fourth-quarter net income fell 49% because of higher expenses, but revenue grew and adjusted earnings topped Wall Street's expectations.
- 1 Aug 2012:
- 25 Jul 2012:
- 11 Jul 2012:Cree has rolled out the new XLamp XP-G2 LED family, which is directly compatible with the prior XP-G components, including optics designed for those components, and which is based on the company's third-generation manufacturing-technology platform.
- 5 Jul 2012:
- 21 Feb 2012:Durham-based Cree Inc., a maker of LED lighting products, announced Monday that it's participating in a series of energy efficiency renovations in U.S. diplomatic offices or residences in Vienna, Rome, Berlin, Madrid and Lisbon.
- 16 Feb 2012:
- 9 Feb 2012:Claiming a breakthrough in light-emitting diode (LED) technology, Cree Inc. announced a new product that the company claims delivers twice the lumens per dollar of conventional LEDs and offers the highest performance in the industry.
- 20 Dec 2011:Cree, Inc. announced it has granted five LED lighting manufacturers licenses to select Cree patents through its recently launched remote phosphor licensing program.
- 15 Dec 2011:
- 9 Dec 2011:Shares of LED lighting and chip-maker Cree Inc. fell Thursday after it a Morgan Stanley analyst downgraded the stock, saying investor expectations for fiscal 2013 are too high.
- 7 Dec 2011:
- 16 Nov 2011:
- 11 Nov 2011:LED lighting is becoming mainstream and luminaire-makers are jumping on the bandwagon with viable products now that the technology is more widely understood, writes Steve Bush.
- 7 Nov 2011:China has unveiled its three-step plan for phasing out energy-inefficient incandescent lamps. The announcement caused shares in US-based LED maker Cree (Nasdaq: CREE) to surge by almost 10% on November 4.
- 2 Nov 2011:
- 26 Oct 2011:
- 18 Oct 2011:
- Shares of both LED lighting company Cree and LED equipment maker Veeco Instruments are trading lower on growing concerns about pricing and over-capacity in the LED lighting sector. Both companies were the subject of bearish commentary from the Street this morning.
- 29 Sep 2011:
- 5 Aug 2011:
- 2 Aug 2011:LED chip, lamp and lighting fixture maker Cree Inc of Durham, NC, USA has launched what it claims is the first system-level LED downlight for the international 80-100mm MR16 market. A direct replacement for the 50W MR16-based fixture, the CR100 downlight surpasses its counterpart in brightness and efficacy.
- 14 Jun 2011:
- 10 Jun 2011:The US Department of Energy (DOE) has awarded another $14.8 million in funding for development projects aimed at advancing solid-state lighting technologies.
- 3 Jun 2011:
- 2 Jun 2011:
- 25 May 2011:General Electric Co and Cree Inc denied on Tuesday that the largest U.S. conglomerate has selected the lighting manufacturer to supply GE light-emitting diodes, disputing an analyst's assertion.
- Indium Corporation announces new Vice President of Operations
- ABB and Volvo form global partnership for electric and hybrid bus fast-charging
- Accurate Analysis of Multi-Gigabit Systems Using HSPICE
- GIGABYTE's EasyTune App makes overclocking a breeze on new Intel Pentium Anniversary Edition CPUs
- OAXIS adds a second E Ink screen to your smartphone with launch of InkCase+ on Kickstarter
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Digitimes Research: On-cell touch panels unlikely to win favor in high-end smartphones in 2014
- Digitimes Research: Hisilicon AP to give Huawei cost advantage in high-end mobile device market
- Commentary: Panel makers need to be more active in developing products
- Digitimes Research: Google looking to clean up Android device mess in emerging markets
- Digitimes Research: Youngfast, Melfas looking beyond G1F touch
MediaTek has taken up to 60% of the 3G handset solution market in China, pushing the market value of...
AMD has been reorganizing its businesss, such as moving its desktop business headquarters to Beijing,...
Intel president Renee James, during a recent interview, told Digitimes that the company and its partners...
According to a recent IDC research note, the transition toward mobile and cloud-based computing is...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...