- 4 Dec 2013:The UK High Court found in October that HTC had infringed Nokia's European patent number 0998024, described as a 'modular structure for a transmitter and a mobile station'. As a result, Judge Richard Arnold ruled today that HTC can no longer sell its One Mini smartphone in the UK.
- A reported deal between Chinese firm Huawei and South Korea to develop the country's broadband network, has prompted concerns in the US.
- 3 Dec 2013:The handset maker is working on a 20-megapixel camera it'll bundle into mobile devices in the second half of 2014.
- 27 Nov 2013:Google has invited another round of developers to purchase Google Glass, which is not yet on the market.
- Consumers can now waltz into many Apple stores and pick up an iPad Mini Retina for the first time. To date, availability was limited to online sales and pre-orders with customer pickup.
- 26 Nov 2013:The smartphone vendor's COO and CMO will leave the company.
- Qualcomm said the probe involved China's anti-monopoly law, but added that regulators told it the "substance of the investigation is confidential."
- 22 Nov 2013:A Silicon Valley jury has ruled that Samsung must pay US$290m to Apple for copying iPhone and iPad features in its devices.
- 21 Nov 2013:US market: Nokia becomes 4th largest smartphone brand in 3Q13, says Counterpoint (November 1) - Company releaseDuring Q3 2013, Nokia became the fourth largest smartphone brand capturing a record high 4% market share in a market which is a virtual duopoly dominated by Apple & Samsung, according to Counterpoint Research.
- Taiwan International Smart Green City Summit commences November 1, 2013
- Digitimes Research: Notebook brands and ODMs ramp up shipments in August
- Digitimes Research: Application processor market evolving with profound changes
- Silicon Image introduces new Ultragig 6400-based Gamechanger accessory reference designs for mobile devices
- Swedish MSO Com Hem chooses Compal Broadband Networks advanced cable gateway for its new high speed broadband service roll-out
- Fujitsu converts Fujitsu Toshiba Mobile Communications into a wholly owned subsidiary
- NEC reaks the speed barriers of microwave transmission with ultra high modulations
- LSI completes acquisition of SandForce
- Fujitsu introduces ARROWS Z ISW11F au smartphone
- PSCo Technical Distribution partners with Matrox to offer fully integrated turnkey video walls
- Apple-GTAT partnership to drive sapphire demand
- Why Apple should make a 2-in-1 notebook
- China market: Rumors and speculation for cheap TD-SCDMA iPhone for China
- Commentary: China telecom market dominated by local firms
- Lose the switch, lose the loss: Cavendish Kinetics leverages MEMS for tunable RF components
TD-LTE is the mainstream global choice for 4G asymmetric frequency spectrum networks
A portal for information about Taiwan's WiMAX industry.
China-based smartphone vendors have seen their global presence expand.
The struggling BlackBerry has announced a major workforce cut and a plan to sell the company.
Chunghwa Telecom (CHT), Taiwan Mobile (TWM) and Far EasTone Telecommunications (FET), the three largest...
Smartphone ODM Arima Communications has decided to expand its product lines to include tablets, smart...
While Mozilla has offered Firefox OS for less than two years, the operating system based on HTML5 and...
Cavendish Kinetics recently announced the availability of production samples of its tunable RF capacitors...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2010
The global handset market did not have a banner year in 2009, with overall shipments of 1.167 billion units representing a drop of 3.2% from the previous year,...
- Taiwan handset industry overview - Jun 2008
The use of handsets continues to grow around the world, both in mature and emerging markets, as the communication devices become ever more ingrained in people's...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2007
Global handset shipments topped 977 million units in 2006, according to Digitimes Research, with Taiwan-based handset makers accounting for 14% of the market on...