- 23 Mar 2017:Samsung Electronics is considering large-scale marketing activities for the upcoming Galaxy S8, including unconditional refunds after up to three-month use.
- 21 Mar 2017:
- UK telecoms giant Vodafone has merged its Indian business with Idea Cellular, India's third-largest network, to create the country's largest operator.
- 15 Mar 2017:Apple has been found guilty of price-fixing in Russia, after the country's anti-monopoly agency said the US company had arranged for retailers to co-ordinate the prices of its iPhone models.?
- 10 Mar 2017:Unigroup mobile-design subsidiary Spreadtrum & RDA and the British supplier of chips to Apple's iPhones and iPads are considering a joint venture in eastern China, through which the pair will jointly design communications components.
- 9 Mar 2017:Report: Android inches closer to passing Windows as most popular OS for internet usage (Mar 7) - 9to5GoogleStatCounter is out today with its data for February 2017 and highlights that Android is inching closer to passing Windows as the most popular operating system for internet usage worldwide.
- 8 Mar 2017:There's a lot of pressure on Apple's next iPhone to deliver, both in product quality and sales.
- There are now more than 700 million iPhones currently in use worldwide, according to an estimate from BMO Capital Markets analyst Tim Long. He believes the nearly three-quarters of a billion iPhones currently in use includes more than 200 million second-hand iPhones that consumers bought used.
- Beyond lithium-ion: Researchers reveal a safer, longer-lasting, solid-state battery alternative (Mar 3) - PC WorldOne of the inventors of the lithium-ion battery used by laptops, phones, and tablets has announced the next generation of battery technology: a solid-state battery that offers three times the energy density of today's batteries and is safer to boot.
- 7 Mar 2017:Evan Blass is back with information on the Galaxy S8. According to Blass, the device will now release on April 28th. This sets the date back by one week. Reasons for the delay include alleged quality control and production delays for the Snapdragon 835, on both Samsung and Qualcomm's ends. Blass isn't sure about the exact reason though, only that the rumored release will now take place a week later.
- Advantest and W2BI to Exhibit Advanced Test Solutions at Mobile World Congress
- Telecom companies' preference for NFV drives enterprise vCPE market forward
- G.fast IOP, a first in a Carrier Network environment; Swisscom makes it a reality that meets their network requirements
- GMobi acquires leading performance mobile advertising platform MassiveImpact
- Taiwan Pavilion features innovative smart Taiwan at MWC Shanghai
- Perforce Software Wins Develop Industry Excellence Award for the Second Year in a Row
- Perforce Teams with Leading Git Client Developer fournova
- Perforce Introduces Helix GitSwarm: Flexible Git Ecosystem Mirrored to a Powerful Mainline Repository
- Perforce Helix Distributed Version Control System Brings Greater Flexibility While Maintaining Enterprise-class Security, Auditability and Control
- Perforce Powers Development of Legacy Quest for iOS and Android
- Digitimes Research: Samsung Note 7 issues may help Apple to regain number-1 crown in 4Q16
- Digitimes Research: China smartphone shipments see weaker-than-expected growth in 2Q15
- Digitimes Research: White-box players pushing 10.1-inch Windows tablets
- Digitimes Research: Microsoft to partner with Acer, Lenovo and Inventec for US$169-249 Windows 10 notebooks
- Computex 2015: BioLogic SportCase wins Design and Innovation Award
HTC's latest development
Asustek's smartphone shipments may have been disappointing in 2016, but the vendor is seeking a rebound in 2017.
TD-LTE is the mainstream global choice for 4G asymmetric frequency spectrum networks
A portal for information about Taiwan's WiMAX industry.
Qualcomm agreed in late 2016 to buy NXP Semiconductor for about US$47 billion in the biggest-ever deal...
To help foster the development of related wireless charging technology in Taiwan, the Wireless Power...
Qualcomm president Derek Aberle spared his time with Digitimes for an exclusive interview...
The next wave of computing is now beginning to define the IT industry, where the boundaries of computing...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2010
The global handset market did not have a banner year in 2009, with overall shipments of 1.167 billion units representing a drop of 3.2% from the previous year,...
- Taiwan handset industry overview - Jun 2008
The use of handsets continues to grow around the world, both in mature and emerging markets, as the communication devices become ever more ingrained in people's...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2007
Global handset shipments topped 977 million units in 2006, according to Digitimes Research, with Taiwan-based handset makers accounting for 14% of the market on...