- 23 Feb 2017:Samsung will sell modified versions of the Galaxy Note 7 in emerging markets, including India and Vietnam, according to Hankyung, which claims the move is designed to help Samsung minimise losses and avoid a potential environmental fine.
- Intel's modems aren't as good as Qualcomm's, but the company scored a major victory last year when some of its modems began shipping in some models of Apple's iPhone 7.
- Beijing's Tsinghua Unigroup seeks 2018 IPO for chip unit: sources (Feb 23) - Nikkei Electronics AsiaChina's state-backed Tsinghua Unigroup is pushing for an initial public offering of its mobile chip unit, Unigroup Spreadtrum RDA, in 2018, sources told Nikkei Asian Review.
- Most of the hand-wringing over the fate of Moore's Law focuses on the ever-shrinking silicon transistor. But increasingly researchers are concerned with another critical part of the infrastructure: the copper wires that connect individual transistors to form complex circuits.
- The South Korea tech giant's reputation among the general public in the US fell 42 positions after the Note 7 debacle, while Amazon maintained its top spot for the second straight year.
- 22 Feb 2017:
- How will this affect Samsung's businesses? For the time being, they seem to flourish or flounder no matter who the company's titular leader is.
- 18 Feb 2017:Samsung hopes to avoid another disastrous recall by adding a third battery supplier for its new smartphone.
- Apple has teamed up with Broadcom to build wireless charging for iPhone, says JPMorgan analyst (Feb 17) - CNBCAn upcoming Apple iPhone is likely to have a customized wireless charging system made with Broadcom, according to JPMorgan analyst Harlan Sur.
- HTC's presence among major US carriers is waning as the company is shifting its focus away from low-end smartphones to more expensive handsets.
- TetraVue raises $10 million from Samsung, Foxconn, others to give autonomous cars better eyesight (Feb 17) - VenturebeatTetraVue, a company setting out to arm autonomous cars with ultra high-resolution 3D image-capturing smarts, announced it has raised $10 million from Robert Bosch Venture Capital, Nautilus Venture Partners, Samsung Catalyst Fund, and Foxconn.
- Apple will in the coming months start assembling its lower-priced iPhone SE models at a contract manufacturer's plant in the southern Indian technology hub of Bengaluru, an industry source with direct knowledge of the matter said on Friday.
- 17 Feb 2017:Apple's widely expected 5.8-inch iPhone with an edge-to-edge OLED display will feature a front-facing 3D laser scanner for facial recognition, corroborating previous rumors, according to JPMorgan analyst Rod Hall.
- Picowork builds collaborative cloud environment, an essential tool for IoT and Industry 4.0 data communication
- Clientron to present its POS Solution at EuroShop 2017
- Litemax 7 products received the 25th Taiwan Excellence Award
- ThroughTek listed as Taiwan's first IoT company on the emerging stock board
- Quanmax opens up 'Blue Ocean' infotainment opportunities with OPS compliant display
- Unisys IT Implementation of Unisys Stealth Solution for Data Center Segmentation
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Perforce Software Wins Develop Industry Excellence Award for the Second Year in a Row
- Perforce Teams with Leading Git Client Developer fournova
- Perforce Introduces Helix GitSwarm: Flexible Git Ecosystem Mirrored to a Powerful Mainline Repository
- Perforce Helix Distributed Version Control System Brings Greater Flexibility While Maintaining Enterprise-class Security, Auditability and Control
- Perforce Powers Development of Legacy Quest for iOS and Android
- Digitimes Research: 4 million 9.7-inch iPad Pros to ship in 1H16
- Digitimes Research: Global all-in-one PC shipments to drop 3.9% on year in 2015
- Digitimes Research: iPad Pro shipments to be less than 3 million units in 4Q15
- Digitimes Research: Intel processor shipments rely on Windows tablets for growth
- Digitimes Research: Tablets with phone functionality from white-box players to suffer over 15% decline in 2Q15
Taiwan notebook Original Design Manufacturers (ODMs) account for more than 90% of global notebook production and Digitimes is there to provide daily...
With gaming products becoming popular and VR/AR applications having become the latest topics in the IT market, will VR/AR help save the IT industry in...
The early success Google's Android platform has achieved in the handset market has caused system makers, software developers and semiconductor players...
Virtual reality has become the latest topic of the PC industry with players such as Samsung, HTC, Google and Sony, all aggressively pushing into.
Qualcomm agreed in late 2016 to buy NXP Semiconductor for about US$47 billion in the biggest-ever deal...
To help foster the development of related wireless charging technology in Taiwan, the Wireless Power...
Silicon Valley based Anaplan, a cloud-based planning and performance management platform provider,...
Gaming notebooks have become the main focus of Gigabyte Technology's notebook department and despite...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - Jun 2011
The motherboard industry began 2010 with optimism and expected to see a reversal of the previous two years' declines in revenues and shipments as the impact of...