Taipei Computer Application Show 2013 is hosting from August 1-5 in Taipei, Taiwan and is the largest PC promotion activity of Taiwan in the summer.
Last update: Monday 5 August 2013
As channel retailers have turned to place their focuses on clearing up their Ivy Bridge-based notebooks, touchscreen notebooks seem to have lost their loves.
Last update: Wednesday 31 July 2013
Microsoft and Sony are set to release their latest game consoles for the year-end holidays of 2013 and are seeing strong pre-orders currently.
Last update: Tuesday 30 July 2013
Google and Asustek Computer's co-branded Nexus 7 has made its debut on July 25.
Last update: Thursday 25 July 2013
Samsung Electronics reportedly is looking to expand the purchase of memory products, including mobile DRAM chips and eMMC NAND devices, from outside.
Last update: Thursday 11 July 2013
The global DRAM market has entered a new phase in its evolution, as a fundamental shift from PCs to mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets is underway.
Last update: Monday 1 July 2013
Solar wafer firms in Taiwan expects prices to increase due to the possible shortage in second-half 2013
Last update: Wednesday 26 June 2013
Taiwan-based firms participated in 2013 LED Lighting Taiwan
Last update: Tuesday 25 June 2013
Over 1,700 exhibitors occupying 5,000 booths are showcasing their latest products at one of the world's leading ICT event.
Last update: Monday 10 June 2013
Executives talk about their companies, products and the markets.
Last update: Thursday 6 June 2013
The 2013 Taiwan International Lighting Show was held in Taipei, Taiwan, from March 26-29, 2013.
Last update: Thursday 11 April 2013
Micron Technology and Elpida Memory's trustees have reached an agreement for Micron to acquire Elpida. Micron also announced a separate agreement with Powerchip Technology and certain of its affiliates to acquire the Powerchip...
Last update: Monday 1 April 2013
Taiwan-based DRAM chipmakers including Powerchip Technology and ProMOS Technologies are considering selling fabs in order to preserve cash and strengthen their financial structures.
Last update: Thursday 28 March 2013
Specializing in the manufacture of memory chips and LCD panels, Samsung's component operations are undergoing a focus shift to advanced process design fabrication targeting mobile communications applications. The move will...
Last update: Tuesday 26 March 2013
China-based large-size solar firm Suntech Power Holdings failed to pay back US$541 million in convertible notes on March 15 and announced the insolvency measure for its China subsidiary, Wuxi Suntech on March 20.
Last update: Friday 22 March 2013
Panel makers are gearing up to produce Full HD applications for high-end smartphones.
Last update: Tuesday 19 March 2013
Rumors have circulated for a while that Apple is looking to reduce its dependency on Samsung Electronics as a major chip supplier due to the two's direct competition in the smartphone and tablet PC markets.
Last update: Wednesday 27 February 2013
China government reportedly planned to announce the preliminary result of the anti-dumping and anti-subsidy investigation on February 20, but now the announcement has been delayed, according to China-based reports.
Last update: Wednesday 20 February 2013
HTC has launched its new flagship smartphone in hopes to regain market share
Last update: Wednesday 20 February 2013
Taiwan's LED industry is optimistc about 2013
Last update: Friday 25 January 2013
China-based Huawei Technologies has reported handsome profits for 2012.
Last update: Tuesday 22 January 2013
Philips, Osram, Genesis Photonics, Opto Tech, Panasonic, Toshiba Lightech and Everlight participate in Lighting Japan 2013.
Last update: Friday 18 January 2013
China-based vendors have been aggressive in rolling out new smartphones.
Last update: Friday 11 January 2013
The DRAM industry accounts for about 10% of global semiconductor revenues, and chronic oversupply and diminished demand has led to a near collapse in the industry, with related shock waves affecting growth in the semiconductor...
Last update: Thursday 27 December 2012
Neo Solar Power to merge with Delta's subsidiary, DelSolar
Last update: Friday 14 December 2012
MediaTek has announced plans to merge with fellow IC design company MStar Semiconductor following the completion of its tender offer to buy a portion of MStar shares. MediaTek said it expects to complete the merger process...
Last update: Thursday 6 December 2012
Mass-market products particularly smartphones have boosted demand for motion sensors such asMEMS accelerometers and gyroscopes
Last update: Wednesday 21 November 2012
HTC and Apple have reached a settlement that includes the dismissal of all current lawsuits and a 10-year license agreement. About two months ago, HTC chairperson Cher Wang said that the company had no intentions of settling...
Last update: Wednesday 14 November 2012
DRAM inventory levels have remained high, reflecting disappointing PC sales thus far in the second half of 2012 despite it being the traditional peak season.
Last update: Tuesday 6 November 2012
The European Commission announced on September 6, 2012 the decision to start anti-dumping investigation against China-based solar firms
Last update: Thursday 1 November 2012
As Microsoft launched its latest Windows 8 and RT operating system, there are many players already launched the related products, while some expect the software to change the IT industry
Last update: Wednesday 31 October 2012
HTC has been struggling. It is even laying off some of its staff.
Last update: Friday 26 October 2012
LCD TV panel prices have stabilized, with the China TV market reporting strong sales during the October 1 National Day holidays.
Last update: Monday 22 October 2012
As Apple, Google and Microsoft are all expected to release new tablets in near future, smaller tablet brand vendors may have trouble trying to survive in the battlefield.
Last update: Friday 19 October 2012
AMD has been aggressively adjusting its APU prices and roadmap in hoping to maintain its competitiveness
Last update: Monday 15 October 2012
- Digitimes Research: Taiwan top foundries to enjoy particularly strong 4Q16
- Digitimes Research: Taiwan server revenues may reach NT$600 billion in 2017
- Digitimes Research: Samsung Display dominance in AMOLED to face challenge from China makers beginning 2019
- Digitimes Research: China mobile AP shipments to rise 11.6% in 4Q16
- PALWONN/ABONTOUCH's AbonMax series touch panel took challenges against Microsoft Surface Hub and Google Jamboard
- Join CAYIN at InfoComm MEA 2016 to discover the next-gen digital signage
- Clientron to introduce new 12" all-in-one POS Bello620
- Tatung builds highly energy-efficient commercial air conditioning systems with air-cooled and parallel chiller units
- Advantest will present product exhibits, live demonstrations and a technical paper at SEMICON Japan, December 14-16 in Tokyo
- Unisys IT Implementation of Unisys Stealth Solution for Data Center Segmentation
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Perforce Software Wins Develop Industry Excellence Award for the Second Year in a Row
- Perforce Teams with Leading Git Client Developer fournova
- Perforce Introduces Helix GitSwarm: Flexible Git Ecosystem Mirrored to a Powerful Mainline Repository
- Perforce Helix Distributed Version Control System Brings Greater Flexibility While Maintaining Enterprise-class Security, Auditability and Control
- Perforce Powers Development of Legacy Quest for iOS and Android
2-Dec-2016 markets closed
- Digitimes Research: Samsung Note 7 issues may help Apple to regain number-1 crown in 4Q16
- Digitimes Research: 4 million 9.7-inch iPad Pros to ship in 1H16
- Digitimes Research: Global all-in-one PC shipments to drop 3.9% on year in 2015
- Mentor Graphics Veloce VirtuaLAB adds protocols for networking designs
- Mouser Electronics undergoing expansion
With 2015 being the 50th anniversary of Moore's Law, one of the hottest topics that has continued to...
Gary Patton, a 30-year veteran in the semiconductor industry, joined Globalfoundries as CTO in July...
To help foster the development of related wireless charging technology in Taiwan, the Wireless Power...
Silicon Valley based Anaplan, a cloud-based planning and performance management platform provider,...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...