ARM has announced the opening of a new R&D center at the Hsinchu Science Park, northern Taiwan.
Last update: Friday 18 November 2011
A projected on-quarter rise of 22% in fourth-quarter 2011 European photovoltaic (PV) market is providing a welcome temporary boost for downstream solar companies.
Last update: Thursday 17 November 2011
Announced in October 2012, the Barnes & Noble Nook is expected to begin shipping ahead of schedule in November.
Last update: Thursday 17 November 2011
As the IT industry is entering a slowdown, several IT players are cutting down their work forces or giving no-pay holiday in order to survive from the crisis
Last update: Monday 7 November 2011
Apple co-founder Steve Jobs has died at the age of 56. His influence on the IT industry and people's daily life has been tremendous.
Last update: Tuesday 25 October 2011
Complete coverage of Computex Taipei 2011 at DIGITIMES. The show will be held from May 31-June 4. It is the largest show in Asia, and one of the world's leading ICT event. This year marks the 31th year of the event will...
Last update: Thursday 9 June 2011
Complete coverage of Computex Taipei 2010 at DIGITIMES. The show will be held from June 1-6, and this year will mark the 30th anniversary of the show, drawing even more attention to the event and Taiwan's technology industry...
Last update: Monday 7 June 2010
The International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) is a non-public trade show hosted from January 7-10, and is sponsored by the Consumer Electronics Association. CEA represents more than 2,000 corporate members involved...
Last update: Friday 15 January 2010
Complete coverage of Computex Taipei at DIGITIMES. Computex Taipei is the largest computer exhibition in Asia and the second largest in the world, next to CeBIT in Germany.
Last update: Tuesday 9 June 2009
Complete coverage of CeBIT 2009 at DIGITIMES. In 2009 CeBIT played host to around 4,300 companies from 69 countries. The spotlight for the show was higher efficiency and lower costs in all areas of business IT.
Last update: Tuesday 17 March 2009
WinHEC is the only Microsoft conference that is exclusively focused on designing PCs, servers, and devices that run and interface with Windows. This year, Microsoft has included Windows Mobile and Windows Embedded devices...
Last update: Tuesday 13 January 2009
A number of market research firms have recently published their estimates for the market in 2008 and their forecasts for 2009. While there is some disagreement as to whether the market grew or shrank this year, the consensus...
Last update: Thursday 20 November 2008
Shipments are increasing for Quanta Computer, Taiwan's number one notebook maker. The company had shipments of 3.3 million in September, up from 3.1 million units one year before. However its revenues are down more than...
Last update: Thursday 9 October 2008
Read all news about Taiwan's IT companies and their June financial performace.
Last update: Thursday 17 July 2008
A half-year review of CE industry news leading up to Computex 2008.
Last update: Tuesday 3 June 2008
- Digitimes Research: Rising mobile device demand drives TSMC, UMC wafer shipment growth in 2Q13
- Digitimes Research: Battery technologies regain focus as energy storage demand rises
- Digitimes Research: LED light bulb prices in Japan fall in April
- Digitimes Research: Sapphire 2-inch substrate prices to be around US$8/unit in 2013
- DIGIEVER partnership with EverFocus for better professional network surveillance solutions
- Advantech Introduces New 18" and 21" Widescreen Multitouch Panel PCs
- Digital Network Fuels Opportunities in Vehicle Surveillance Market
- Advantech Redefines Entry Level Network Application Platforms
- WD shipping world's first 5 mm 2.5-inch hard drive
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Efficient Network Management for Digital Signage
- Design Benefits of the MI/O Extension Solution
- ATO Solution Co., Ltd. to launch 1Gb SLC NAND Flash after 256Mb/512Mb mass production for the first time in Fab-less industry
- Chilisin's miniature power inductor in 0603/0805 sizes
- Chilisin introduces Thin-film chip inductor 0201 size
- Chilisin at 2012 electronics Munich A5/159 & 260
- Chilisin sunken-type molded power inductor for MXM Graphic application
17-May-2013 markets closed
Digitimes recently interviewed Bert Gyselinckx, general manager of the Holst Centre in Eindhoven, to...
Chaintech, a motherboard/graphics card maker, which quit the market once and returned recently, has...
Digitimes recently spoke with Karen Lightman, the executive director of MEMS Industry Group (MIG),...
In a relentless competition against rivals including Qualcomm, Nvidia and Media in the smartphone chipset...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...