- 3 Dec 2014:Broadcom scores quad win with quad-core processor in latest smartwatch from Sony (Nov 24) - ABI ResearchThis is the first Android smartwatch based on the Broadcom system-on-chip (SoC) platform which includes a 1.2GHz Quad-core ARM Cortex A7 processor (BCM23550), an improved GPS and Sensor processing SOC (BCM47531) capable of simultaneously tracking five satellite systems (GPS, GLONASS, QZSS, SBAS, and BeiDou), the now popular Wi-Fi/BT/NFC/FM quad-combo connectivity chip (BCM43341), and a highly integrated power management IC (BCM59054).
- 23 Nov 2014:Qualcomm, which uses processor technology licensed from ARM, follows a handful of other ARM chip suppliers that are trying to offer server chips.
- 12 Nov 2014:Intel CEO Brian Krzanich expects new semiconductor partners in China to migrate to the US chipmaker's architecture within a few years and give up on ARM technology more widely used in smartphones and tablets.
- 23 Oct 2014:
- 3 Oct 2014:
- 2 Oct 2014:
- 23 Sep 2014:
- 25 Jul 2014:
- 14 Feb 2014:ARM enhances IP suite for 2015 mid-range mobile and consumer markets (February 11) - Company releaseARM has announced an enhanced suite of higher performance and more energy-efficient products specifically designed for the rapidly growing mid-range mobile and consumer electronics markets.
- 11 Feb 2014:ARM and SMIC broaden IP partnership with 28nm process for mobile and consumer applications (February 9) - Company releaseARM and SMIC have announced an agreement to offer the ARM Artisan physical IP platform for SMIC's 28nm poly SiON process to provide high-performance, high-density and low-power technologies for SoC designs.
- 28 Jan 2014:Sir John Buchanan, chairman of ARM, is preparing to step down from the role less than a year after the departure of long-term chief executive Warren East.
- 22 Jan 2014:AMD on Tuesday said it will be sampling 64-bit ARM system-on-a-chip (SoC) products to customers this quarter and is "on track to launch one of the industry's first 64-bit ARM server SoCs in 2014."
- Intel confirms using ARM-based chip core in smartwatch it demoed at CES (January 21) - ComputerworldFor years, Intel has been battling to replace ARM-based chips used in smartphones and other mobile devices. Now it has partly succumbed to the low-power ARM approach.
- 9 Jan 2014:ARM chief Simon Segars expects low-cost smartphones to drive sales (January 9) - Daily Telegraph (UK)ARM's chief executive has said the emergence of low-cost smartphones and Apple's move into China will drive sales at the British microchip designer.
- 7 Jan 2014:Qualcomm's CEO said his company has the capabilities to build ARM server chips but was careful not to disclose any product plans at the International CES in Las Vegas.
- 16 Dec 2013:The acquisition expands ARM's position at the forefront of the visual computing and graphics industries. Additionally, the agreement enables Geomerics to build on their existing partnerships as well as accelerate their development in mobile.
- 25 Nov 2013:Rumors have buzzed surrounding ARM' possible release of 128-bit chip designs to power various new smartphones. Most recently, via PCPro UK, the company was cited by the Korea Herald to promise 128-bit architecture "within the next two years."
- 21 Nov 2013:ARM predicts a shift in demand toward lower-priced smartphones will help boost royalty revenues.
- 5 Nov 2013:ARM expanded its reach from mobile systems down to wearables and out to datacenter servers at its annual ARM Tech Con here last week.
- 23 Oct 2013:British microchip designer ARM said Tuesday it has a record order backlog going into the final fiscal quarter as it posted a rise in third-quarter profit on forecast-beating revenue powered by global demand for smartphones.
- 14 Oct 2013:ARM has opened a new Design Center in Noida, North India. The center will focus on IP design in specialized areas such as planar and FinFET CMOS technologies and address the growing needs of ARM partners.
- 11 Oct 2013:
- 23 Sep 2013:
- 2 Sep 2013:Imagination Technologies will release a new CPU design in 2014 for low-power servers.
- 14 Aug 2013:Intel, AMD and ARM are looking to address new workloads fueled by such trends as cloud computing, mobility, big data and social networks.
- 12 Aug 2013:"Windows remains committed to the ARM platform," a Microsoft spokesman told CNET. "We are looking forward to new ARM-based Windows devices that will launch later this year."
- 29 Jul 2013:Mali graphics IP core shipments are on course to be more than 300 million units in 2013, more than doubling the 150 million units shipped in 2012, according to Simon Segars, CEO of processor IP licensor ARM.
- 24 Jul 2013:
- 12 Jul 2013:
- 11 Jul 2013:ARM chipmakers TSMC and Globalfoundries plan to release ARM processor chips capable of running at 3GHz sometime in 2014.
- 19 Jun 2013:AMD plans to sample its first ARM-based processors for servers early next year, alongside paired CPUs and integrated graphics cores in an attempt to oust Intel's Xeon from its dominance in the server market.
- 4 Jun 2013:
- 3 Jun 2013:
- 28 May 2013:
- 24 Apr 2013:ARM jumped the most in more than four years after reporting sales that beat estimates as demand increased for its graphics and processing technology.
- 20 Mar 2013:ARM has announced that CEO Warren East has decided to retire from the company, effective 1 July 2013. Simon Segars, currently president of ARM, will become the company's new CEO.
- 15 Mar 2013:
- 5 Mar 2013:
- 21 Feb 2013:Globalfoundries offers enhanced 55nm CMOS logic process with ARM next-generation memory and logic IP support for low voltage (February 19) - Company releaseThe 55nm LPe 1V is especially suited for high-volume, battery-operated mobile consumer devices, as well as a broad range of green or energy-saving products. PDK and EDA tools are available now, along with MPW shuttle availability.
- Armed with strong system integration capabilities, Tatung launches smart green building solutions
- Taiwan ICT manufactures at CeBIT 2015
- Clientron announces PCoIP Zero Client availability for Amazon WorkSpaces
- Gigabyte Secret OC session unlocks 9 World Records
- The rise of new enter in touch industry, TOI introduce large size IC to the market
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Digitimes Research: GoPro to further integrate social media and platform services into 2015 products
- Digitimes Research: AMOLED offers competitive wearable displays
- Digitimes Research: Verizon to ship three million own-brand tablets in 2015
- Digitimes Research: Lenovo mobile device shipments to lead Samsung by 9 million units in 2015
- Digitimes Research: iPad shipments to drop to 55 million units in 2015
The move by Globalfoundries to acquire IBM's semiconductor business unit and to team up with Samsung...
The global wireless charging market is set for an explosive growth in 2015 as wireless charging applications...
NAND flash chip controller maker Phison Electronics has seen its sales grow robustly in 2014. And under...
With the global LED lighting application market taking off, and business opportunities emerging fast,...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...