- 22 Jul 2015:"There are rumors all the time about us being acquired. But when you look at our business model... for any one company it's much less expensive for them to license our technology than to buy the whole company," said ARM CEO Simon Segars.
- ARM, the chip designer whose technology powers almost all smartphones, reported sales that missed analysts' estimates after device shipments by customers including Apple Inc. trailed predictions.
- 25 Jun 2015:The Japanese company's Synergy Platform joins similar efforts by such vendors as Intel, ARM, Broadcom and MediaTek.
- 23 Jun 2015:Applied Micro Circuits recently appointed hedge fund manager Christopher Zepf as one of its board of directors, which has led many to believe that perhaps the company might soon present itself for sale.
- 15 May 2015:With the adoption rate of the ARM mbed IoT Device Platform increasing rapidly, the company has announced a new assurance standard, the ARM mbed Enabled program.
- 28 Apr 2015:Cramer said competitors like Intel, Samsung, Qualcomm, ARM and Nvidia will fight the deal in Washington because it has the potential to crunch their gross margins by bringing up costs. He also pointed out that Washington has been relatively unfriendly to larger mergers this year.
- 7 Apr 2015:There are a few possible explanations for the lack of Cortex-A57 design wins, and they involve physics and economics.
- 11 Feb 2015:ARM has acquired Offspark, a Netherlands-based supplier of Transport Layer Security, that will get folded into its mbed operating system for its Cortex-M cores.
- 3 Dec 2014:Broadcom scores quad win with quad-core processor in latest smartwatch from Sony (Nov 24) - ABI ResearchThis is the first Android smartwatch based on the Broadcom system-on-chip (SoC) platform which includes a 1.2GHz Quad-core ARM Cortex A7 processor (BCM23550), an improved GPS and Sensor processing SOC (BCM47531) capable of simultaneously tracking five satellite systems (GPS, GLONASS, QZSS, SBAS, and BeiDou), the now popular Wi-Fi/BT/NFC/FM quad-combo connectivity chip (BCM43341), and a highly integrated power management IC (BCM59054).
- 23 Nov 2014:Qualcomm, which uses processor technology licensed from ARM, follows a handful of other ARM chip suppliers that are trying to offer server chips.
- 12 Nov 2014:Intel CEO Brian Krzanich expects new semiconductor partners in China to migrate to the US chipmaker's architecture within a few years and give up on ARM technology more widely used in smartphones and tablets.
- 23 Oct 2014:
- 3 Oct 2014:
- 2 Oct 2014:
- 23 Sep 2014:
- 25 Jul 2014:
- 14 Feb 2014:ARM enhances IP suite for 2015 mid-range mobile and consumer markets (February 11) - Company releaseARM has announced an enhanced suite of higher performance and more energy-efficient products specifically designed for the rapidly growing mid-range mobile and consumer electronics markets.
- 11 Feb 2014:ARM and SMIC broaden IP partnership with 28nm process for mobile and consumer applications (February 9) - Company releaseARM and SMIC have announced an agreement to offer the ARM Artisan physical IP platform for SMIC's 28nm poly SiON process to provide high-performance, high-density and low-power technologies for SoC designs.
- 28 Jan 2014:Sir John Buchanan, chairman of ARM, is preparing to step down from the role less than a year after the departure of long-term chief executive Warren East.
- 22 Jan 2014:AMD on Tuesday said it will be sampling 64-bit ARM system-on-a-chip (SoC) products to customers this quarter and is "on track to launch one of the industry's first 64-bit ARM server SoCs in 2014."
- Intel confirms using ARM-based chip core in smartwatch it demoed at CES (January 21) - ComputerworldFor years, Intel has been battling to replace ARM-based chips used in smartphones and other mobile devices. Now it has partly succumbed to the low-power ARM approach.
- 9 Jan 2014:ARM chief Simon Segars expects low-cost smartphones to drive sales (January 9) - Daily Telegraph (UK)ARM's chief executive has said the emergence of low-cost smartphones and Apple's move into China will drive sales at the British microchip designer.
- 7 Jan 2014:Qualcomm's CEO said his company has the capabilities to build ARM server chips but was careful not to disclose any product plans at the International CES in Las Vegas.
- 16 Dec 2013:The acquisition expands ARM's position at the forefront of the visual computing and graphics industries. Additionally, the agreement enables Geomerics to build on their existing partnerships as well as accelerate their development in mobile.
- 25 Nov 2013:Rumors have buzzed surrounding ARM' possible release of 128-bit chip designs to power various new smartphones. Most recently, via PCPro UK, the company was cited by the Korea Herald to promise 128-bit architecture "within the next two years."
- 21 Nov 2013:ARM predicts a shift in demand toward lower-priced smartphones will help boost royalty revenues.
- 5 Nov 2013:ARM expanded its reach from mobile systems down to wearables and out to datacenter servers at its annual ARM Tech Con here last week.
- 23 Oct 2013:British microchip designer ARM said Tuesday it has a record order backlog going into the final fiscal quarter as it posted a rise in third-quarter profit on forecast-beating revenue powered by global demand for smartphones.
- 14 Oct 2013:ARM has opened a new Design Center in Noida, North India. The center will focus on IP design in specialized areas such as planar and FinFET CMOS technologies and address the growing needs of ARM partners.
- 11 Oct 2013:
- 23 Sep 2013:
- 2 Sep 2013:Imagination Technologies will release a new CPU design in 2014 for low-power servers.
- 14 Aug 2013:Intel, AMD and ARM are looking to address new workloads fueled by such trends as cloud computing, mobility, big data and social networks.
- 12 Aug 2013:"Windows remains committed to the ARM platform," a Microsoft spokesman told CNET. "We are looking forward to new ARM-based Windows devices that will launch later this year."
- 29 Jul 2013:Mali graphics IP core shipments are on course to be more than 300 million units in 2013, more than doubling the 150 million units shipped in 2012, according to Simon Segars, CEO of processor IP licensor ARM.
- 24 Jul 2013:
- 12 Jul 2013:
- 11 Jul 2013:ARM chipmakers TSMC and Globalfoundries plan to release ARM processor chips capable of running at 3GHz sometime in 2014.
- GrassWonder Selfie Robot opens up a value chain full of creativity
- Imagination joins 5G Innovation Centre to drive development of next-generation mobile data networks
- Conexant preps for growth in Asia Pacific region, expands into new facility
- Robotic Automation Propels Manufacturing Transformation
- Smart Taiwan Pavilion at MWC Shanghai: Exploring innovative Taiwan 4G mobile applications
- Unisys IT Implementation of Unisys Stealth Solution for Data Center Segmentation
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Digitimes Research: Shrinking tablet market prompts China touch panel supply chain to look for growth elsewhere
- Digitimes Research: Apple to push forward with In-Cell touch technology in 2015 but highly considering G/G for 2016
- Digitimes Research: Tsinghua Unigroup acquisition of Micron faces difficulties, but is a must for China for further development
- Digitimes Research: Qualcomm to push inexpensive mobile device market with Microsoft and Allwinner solutions
- Digitimes Research: Touch IC developers turning to fingerprint sensors
The acquisition of Freescale by NXP Semiconductors will make NXP the world's second largest MCU supplier...
Competition in the graphics card market has grown fierce as demand for graphics cards from the gaming...
Socionext, a Japan-based corporation focused on the design, development, and sales of system-on-chip...
Computex has evolved into one of the biggest and most important ICT trade shows in the world since...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...