- 14 Feb 2014:ARM enhances IP suite for 2015 mid-range mobile and consumer markets (February 11) - Company releaseARM has announced an enhanced suite of higher performance and more energy-efficient products specifically designed for the rapidly growing mid-range mobile and consumer electronics markets.
- 11 Feb 2014:ARM and SMIC broaden IP partnership with 28nm process for mobile and consumer applications (February 9) - Company releaseARM and SMIC have announced an agreement to offer the ARM Artisan physical IP platform for SMIC's 28nm poly SiON process to provide high-performance, high-density and low-power technologies for SoC designs.
- 28 Jan 2014:Sir John Buchanan, chairman of ARM, is preparing to step down from the role less than a year after the departure of long-term chief executive Warren East.
- 22 Jan 2014:AMD on Tuesday said it will be sampling 64-bit ARM system-on-a-chip (SoC) products to customers this quarter and is "on track to launch one of the industry's first 64-bit ARM server SoCs in 2014."
- Intel confirms using ARM-based chip core in smartwatch it demoed at CES (January 21) - ComputerworldFor years, Intel has been battling to replace ARM-based chips used in smartphones and other mobile devices. Now it has partly succumbed to the low-power ARM approach.
- 9 Jan 2014:ARM chief Simon Segars expects low-cost smartphones to drive sales (January 9) - Daily Telegraph (UK)ARM's chief executive has said the emergence of low-cost smartphones and Apple's move into China will drive sales at the British microchip designer.
- 7 Jan 2014:Qualcomm's CEO said his company has the capabilities to build ARM server chips but was careful not to disclose any product plans at the International CES in Las Vegas.
- 16 Dec 2013:The acquisition expands ARM's position at the forefront of the visual computing and graphics industries. Additionally, the agreement enables Geomerics to build on their existing partnerships as well as accelerate their development in mobile.
- 25 Nov 2013:Rumors have buzzed surrounding ARM' possible release of 128-bit chip designs to power various new smartphones. Most recently, via PCPro UK, the company was cited by the Korea Herald to promise 128-bit architecture "within the next two years."
- 21 Nov 2013:ARM predicts a shift in demand toward lower-priced smartphones will help boost royalty revenues.
- 5 Nov 2013:ARM expanded its reach from mobile systems down to wearables and out to datacenter servers at its annual ARM Tech Con here last week.
- 23 Oct 2013:British microchip designer ARM said Tuesday it has a record order backlog going into the final fiscal quarter as it posted a rise in third-quarter profit on forecast-beating revenue powered by global demand for smartphones.
- 14 Oct 2013:ARM has opened a new Design Center in Noida, North India. The center will focus on IP design in specialized areas such as planar and FinFET CMOS technologies and address the growing needs of ARM partners.
- 11 Oct 2013:
- 23 Sep 2013:
- 2 Sep 2013:Imagination Technologies will release a new CPU design in 2014 for low-power servers.
- 14 Aug 2013:Intel, AMD and ARM are looking to address new workloads fueled by such trends as cloud computing, mobility, big data and social networks.
- 12 Aug 2013:"Windows remains committed to the ARM platform," a Microsoft spokesman told CNET. "We are looking forward to new ARM-based Windows devices that will launch later this year."
- 29 Jul 2013:Mali graphics IP core shipments are on course to be more than 300 million units in 2013, more than doubling the 150 million units shipped in 2012, according to Simon Segars, CEO of processor IP licensor ARM.
- 24 Jul 2013:
- 12 Jul 2013:
- 11 Jul 2013:ARM chipmakers TSMC and Globalfoundries plan to release ARM processor chips capable of running at 3GHz sometime in 2014.
- 19 Jun 2013:AMD plans to sample its first ARM-based processors for servers early next year, alongside paired CPUs and integrated graphics cores in an attempt to oust Intel's Xeon from its dominance in the server market.
- 4 Jun 2013:
- 3 Jun 2013:
- 28 May 2013:
- 24 Apr 2013:ARM jumped the most in more than four years after reporting sales that beat estimates as demand increased for its graphics and processing technology.
- 20 Mar 2013:ARM has announced that CEO Warren East has decided to retire from the company, effective 1 July 2013. Simon Segars, currently president of ARM, will become the company's new CEO.
- 15 Mar 2013:
- 5 Mar 2013:
- 21 Feb 2013:Globalfoundries offers enhanced 55nm CMOS logic process with ARM next-generation memory and logic IP support for low voltage (February 19) - Company releaseThe 55nm LPe 1V is especially suited for high-volume, battery-operated mobile consumer devices, as well as a broad range of green or energy-saving products. PDK and EDA tools are available now, along with MPW shuttle availability.
- 6 Feb 2013:Toshiba develops high-speed NANO Flash-100 flash memory for ARM core based microcontrollers (February 4) - Company releaseToshiba has subsequently brought this high level performance to its original microcontrollers and to ARM core-based microcontrollers. The newly-developed NANO Flash-100 achieves a zero-wait cycle during random access at 100MHz operation.
- ARM, the designer of chips for leading smartphones, beat analyst expectations with full-year profits up 20%. A presentation to investors by CEO Warren East was dominated by talk of the 'post-PC' era, in which the market for Internet-enabled devices will spread into areas such as security and healthcare.
- 31 Jan 2013:
- 27 Nov 2012:ARM's market share for traditional or tablet computers will rise to "double digits" in 2013, with market share for traditional PCs alone exceeding 10% by 2015, according to Ian Drew, company executive VP for marketing and business development. Drew said the company's traditional PC market share is in single digits now.
- 21 Nov 2012:China will take the wraps off its latest 8-core Godson processor early next year to show its chip-making ability compared to Intel, Advanced Micro Devices and ARM.
- Samsung will describe the first mobile applications processor to use ARM's big.little concept at the International Solid-State Circuits Conference in February.
- Sprint and ARM collaborate to drive innovation around Internet of Things (November 16) - Company releaseARM has announced availability of a rapid prototyping developer kit for the Internet of Things (IoT) market that integrates the Sprint Mobile Broadband USB 598U Modem by Sierra Wireless with the mbed microcontroller development platform, which is based on the ARM Cortex-M3 processor.
- 6 Nov 2012:ARM is part of a consortium buying the rights to MIPS' portfolio of 580 patents, contributing US$167.5 million to the total US$350 million purchase price. As for ARM itself and its consortium colleagues, its part of the deal will reduce the risk of any infringement of MIPS' patents.
- WD tiered portfolio of hard drives helps storage solutions providers address big data
- MSI introduces all new gaming products at CeBIT 2014
- EverFocus showcasing integration at Secutech 2014
- MSI R9 290X LIGHTNING - built to be perfect
- Tatung aggressively expanding in Middle East: Smart energy-saving solutions showcased at Middle East Electricity 2014
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Efficient Network Management for Digital Signage
- Design Benefits of the MI/O Extension Solution
- The developments of the security solutions market in Greater China: Q&A with EverFocus product marketing manager Tony Lin
- Digitimes Research: China smartphone vendors rely on international brands for overseas expansion
- Digitimes Research: Google to get the brunt of dual OS tablets while Microsoft to benefit the most
- Digitimes Research: Cortex-A17 to take over ARM high-end/mid-range 32-bit business
- A win-win situation for Toshiba and OCZ: Q&A with Alex Mei, CMO of OCZ Storage Solutions
- Intel unveils latest Education Tablet and Classmate PC
- AMD offers new 12- and 16-core additions to Opteron 6300 series
- CES 2014: Samsung unveils 12-inch tablet lineups
- CES 2014: HP unveils new 27-inch all-in-one workstation and new Android-based all-in-one PC
- CES 2014: LG unveils new wearable innovations
The security solutions market is an increasingly important market as the IT industry develops and security...
As part of Toshiba, OCZ Storage Solutions is able to leverage Toshiba's NAND and combine it with its...
While Digitimes is known as a media outlet, the company also includes a business unit that solely focuses...
ChipMOS Technologies is among very few firms that have transformed themselves successfully and are...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...