- 23 Oct 2012:Chipmaker ARM Tuesday reported higher profit and revenue for the third quarter, adding that it expects group dollar revenues for the fourth quarter in-line with market expectations.
- 25 Sep 2012:
- 4 Sep 2012:Warren East, chief executive of ARM, said the chipmaker was holding back on some of its recruitment plans in 2012 amid fears of a slowdown in sales in the second half of the year.
- 22 Aug 2012:SamMobile has supposedly acquired leak specifications for the next Nexus smartphone from Samsung codenamed "Superior." Also labeled as the GT-I9260, it will feature a dual-core ARM A9-based SoC clocked at 1.5 GHZ, 16GB of internal storage, a microSD card slot for extra storage, an 8MP rear-facing camera with flash, a 1.9MP front-facing camera with HD video recording, and a 4.65-inch HD Super AMOLED screen.
- 14 Aug 2012:ARM and Globalfoundries collaborate to enable next-generation devices on 20nm and FinFET process technologies (August 13) - Company releaseGlobalfoundries and ARM have announced a multi-year agreement to jointly deliver optimized system-on-chip (SoC) solutions for ARM processor designs on Globalfoundries' 20nm and FinFET process technologies.
- 8 Aug 2012:ARM has announced the second generation of its Mali-series graphics processing units (GPUs), providing a dramatically improved user experience for tablets, smartphones and smart-TVs.
- 27 Jul 2012:
- 25 Jul 2012:ARM, whose chip designs power Apple's iPhone, said second-quarter revenue climbed 15% beating analysts' estimates, even as some customers delayed orders.
- The multi-year deal sees ARM tie itself even closer to TSMC, its chip-fabber of choice, as it looks to capitalise on the company's technology to help it maintain a lead over Intel for chip power efficiency
- 19 Jul 2012:Intel is the world's dominant chip maker, but its business model doesn't align well with the move in computing toward mobile, and that will make it difficult for the company to make significant inroads into smartphones, tablets and other devices, according to an official with ARM.
- 11 Jul 2012:Socle Technology and Globalfoundries have announced the tape out of Socle's first ARM Cortex-A9 based 28nm ASIC design using Globalfoundries' 28nm super low power technology (SLP) technology with Gate First High-K Metal Gate (HKMG).
- 2 Jul 2012:Hewlett-Packard (HP) said it will hold off selling tablets based on ARM technology when the next version of Microsoft's Windows operating system debuts later this year.
- 21 Jun 2012:
- 20 Jun 2012:The potential for Chinese fabless companies to reap greater rewards are already here, according to Allen Wu, president of ARM China. ARM-based SoCs, designed by Chinese fabless companies and shipped globally, jumped from 30 million units in 2007 to 615 million units in 2011.
- 18 Jun 2012:New ARM Mali-450 MP GPU provides next-generation graphics performance for smart-TV and smartphone applications (June 18) - Company releaseARM has announced the launch of the ARM Mali-450 MP GPU, doubling the performance of the successful family of Utgard architecture-based graphics products. This includes the Mali-400 MP GPU that can currently be found in a wide range of mainstream products, including smart-TVs, as well as Android-based smartphones and tablets.
- 14 Jun 2012:
- 5 Jun 2012:ARM, whose chip designs power most smartphones, expects its processors to account for as much as 20% of those used in notebook computers by 2015, boosted by the release of Microsoft's Windows 8 software.
- 4 Jun 2012:ARM chips made with an advanced, 20-nanometer manufacturing process could appear in smartphones and tablets by as soon as the end of next year, the head of ARM's processor division said Monday.
- 31 May 2012:The designs ARM produces have been licensed and used to build processors at the heart of many of today's bestselling gadgets.
- 20 May 2012:ARM CEO Warren East says the notebook space will be a better opportunity for ARM than the crowded mobile chip market will be for Intel.
- 11 May 2012:
- 25 Apr 2012:ARM and MStar extend relationship with license for ARM Cortex-A9 processor (April 23) - Company releaseMStar has licensed the ARM Cortex-A9 MPCore and ARM926EJ-S processors, in addition to a range of ARM system IP for use in smart TVs, set-top boxes (STBs) and smartphones. MStar is already a licensee of the ARM Mali-400 MP GPU, which is used in mass production for MStar smart-TV system-on-chip (SoC) solutions.
- 16 Apr 2012:ARM expands processor optimization pack solutions for TSMC 40nm and 28nm process variants (April 16) - Company releaseARM has announced the availability of a significantly expanded lineup of ARM Processor Optimization Pack (POP) solutions for TSMC 40nm and 28nm process technologies targeting a range of ARM Cortex processors.
- 13 Apr 2012:
- 12 Apr 2012:
- 6 Apr 2012:ARM said Tuesday that it would set up a joint venture with Gemalto, plus Giesecke & Devrient to develop secure software that could be used for mobile devices.
- 1 Mar 2012:SMIC, Brite Semiconductor tape out low leakage 40nm test chip on dual-core ARM Cortex-A9 processor (February 27) - Company releaseBrite Semiconductor, Semiconductor Manufacturing International (SMIC) and ARM have jointly announced the first tape out of a dual-core ARM Cortex-A9 MPCore test chip using SMIC's 40nm low leakage process technology.
- 30 Jan 2012:Windows 8 is stable on the ARM chip platform and will be seeded to developers soon, sources told CNET. Devices may be priced significantly less than their Intel counterparts, too.
- 20 Jan 2012:ARM hopes for a serious impact on the server market starting in 2014 when its 64-bit processor design reaches the market, CEO Warren East said.
- 17 Jan 2012:"It's inevitable Intel will get a few smartphone design wins - we regard Intel as a serious competitor," said ARM CEO Warren East in an interview at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas. "Are they ever going to be the leaders in power efficiency? No, of course not. But they have a lot more to offer."
- 16 Jan 2012:Gold's skepticism arises from the lack of backwards software compatibility on the platform and said the danger is that if the market doesn't quickly take up Windows on ARM, Microsoft will stop spending resources on it, as has been the case with other platforms beforehand.
- 12 Jan 2012:OMAP 5 will come to the consumer market "maybe in the fourth quarter [of 2012]," said Greg Delagi, senior vice president and general manager of TI's Wireless Business Unit. OMAP 5 differs from OMAP 4 in that it uses a dual-core A15 CPU, the next generation from chip designer ARM.
- 16 Dec 2011:
- 17 Nov 2011:ARM expects the semiconductor industry to grow by "a few percent" in 2012, but its licensing growth will be slower after an exceptionally strong year in 2011, its senior executive said on Thursday.
- 15 Nov 2011:
- 11 Nov 2011:ARM has said that co-founder and President Tudor Brown will retire in May 2012 after helping turn the firm into a dominant mobile processor company.
- 10 Nov 2011:ARM has announced the ARM Mali-T658 GPU - the latest member of the Midgard architecture-based GPU family targeting high performance devices such as superphones, tablets and smart-TVs. The Mali-T658 GPU delivers up to ten times the graphics performance of the Mali-400 MP GPU, found in a wide range of today's mainstream consumer products.
- 4 Nov 2011:Prolific develops leading-edge IC design optimization software tools that significantly reduce development time and improve the performance of cell-based designs.
- 2 Nov 2011:ARM, which designs the technology at the heart of all the top smartphones and tablets, has dismissed its American rival Intel as a "niche" player in the future of computing.
- An open-source hardware group on Monday announced a US$89 credit-card sized motherboard based on an ARM processor that could be used for robotics, gaming and medical devices.
- Digitimes Research: Panasonic expected to remain largest automotive Li battery maker, steps into LED automotive lighting
- Digitimes Research: Global tablet shipments to up over 16% on quarter in 3Q16
- Digitimes Research: Japan IT vendors stepping into IoT business
- Digitimes Research: China mobile AP shipments increase 8% in 2Q16
- Innodisk launches power over Ethernet expansion cards suitable for industrial systems
- NEXCOM's full depiction of Cloud-Infused Industry 4.0 at 2016 Taipei Int'l Industrial Automation Exhibition
- International workplace partners with IFSEC Southeast Asia 2016 to deliver dedicated health and safety conference
- Industrial display leader Litemax to showcase world's first resized 4K2K LCDs at InnoTrans
- Rectron is now Avexir official distributor in region of Australia
- Unisys IT Implementation of Unisys Stealth Solution for Data Center Segmentation
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Perforce Software Wins Develop Industry Excellence Award for the Second Year in a Row
- Perforce Teams with Leading Git Client Developer fournova
- Perforce Introduces Helix GitSwarm: Flexible Git Ecosystem Mirrored to a Powerful Mainline Repository
- Perforce Helix Distributed Version Control System Brings Greater Flexibility While Maintaining Enterprise-class Security, Auditability and Control
- Perforce Powers Development of Legacy Quest for iOS and Android
- Digitimes Research: 4 million 9.7-inch iPad Pros to ship in 1H16
- Digitimes Research: Global all-in-one PC shipments to drop 3.9% on year in 2015
- Mentor Graphics Veloce VirtuaLAB adds protocols for networking designs
- Mouser Electronics undergoing expansion
- Digitimes Research: iPad Pro shipments to be less than 3 million units in 4Q15
Corning in late July released its latest cover glass, Gorilla Glass 5, to provide better protection...
Qualcomm president Derek Aberle spared his time with Digitimes for an exclusive interview...
Gaming notebooks have become the main focus of Gigabyte Technology's notebook department and despite...
The next wave of computing is now beginning to define the IT industry, where the boundaries of computing...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...