- 5 Mar 2015:
- 26 Feb 2015:Aruba makes hardware and software used to build Wi-Fi networks for customers including China's Dalian Wanda Group Co., which uses the technology in shopping malls.
- Avago Technologies and Emulex entered into a definitive agreement under which Avago will acquire Emulex, a leader in network connectivity, monitoring and management, in an all-cash transaction valued at approximately US$606 million, or US$609 million net of cash and debt acquired.
- 25 Feb 2015:Semiconductor Manufacturing International (SMIC) of China is seeking to take over Dongbu HiTek, industry sources said Monday.
- 24 Feb 2015:The new owner of Pantech is set to be announced soon, industry sources said Monday, with a US asset management firm highly likely to win the bid through a private contract.
- 7 Feb 2015:Motorola Solutions is what is left of Motorola, the wireless-communications pioneer which has been dismantled in recent years.
- 2 Feb 2015:Morgan Stanley analyst Joseph Moore commented on the rumor that BLX IC Design is interested in acquiring Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) and outlined some obstacles that may face a potential suitor for the company.
- 20 Jan 2015:Twitter has acquired Indian startup ZipDial, a Bangalore-based mobile VAS company that came into prominence with its implementation of missed calls for user verification, alerts and other use cases.
- 19 Jan 2015:We note some investor speculation that Marvell Technology Group's mobile and wireless business is for sale, though we have no particular insight and Marvell does not comment.
- 15 Jan 2015:BlackBerry and Samsung Electronics have denied reports that they are in talks about Samsung potentially acquiring the Canadian smartphone maker.
- 12 Jan 2015:Vishay Intertechnology has acquired all of the remaining outstanding shares of Taiwan based Capella Microsystems for approximately NT$668.2 million or US$21.0 million.
- 19 Dec 2014:Chinese companies spent almost US$5 billion in five major chip-related takeovers in the past 18 months, data compiled by Bloomberg show, with most deals getting state funding.
- 18 Dec 2014:With its main activities located in Fremont, Calif., TR Manufacturing is a provider of fiber-optic and copper cable/component interconnects and electro-mechanical assemblies to OEMs in a wide range of technology industries. Upon closing, TR Manufacturing will be a wholly owned subsidiary of Corning.
- 26 Nov 2014:The Quintic Wearable & BTLE team of approximately 65 world class engineers located in China (Beijing, Shenzhen, Shanghai) and Sunnyvale, CA, and its leadership is expected to join NXP at close of this transaction which is targeted for Q1 2015.
- 6 Nov 2014:Synaptics has completed its acquisition of Renesas SP Drivers (RSP), a supplier of small- and medium-size display driver ICs for smartphones and tablets.
- 21 Aug 2014:Infineon to acquire International Rectifier for US$40 per share, approximately US$3 billion in cash (Aug 20) - Company releaseBy integrating International Rectifier, Infineon complements its offerings and will be able to provide customers with a broader range of products and services. Infineon will also benefit significantly from greater economies of scale as well as a larger regional footprint.
- 19 Aug 2014:ON Semiconductor has announced the completion of its acquisition of Aptina Imaging. The total consideration of approximately US$400 million in cash for the acquisition of Aptina was funded by cash on the balance sheet and ON Semiconductor's existing revolving line of credit.
- 3 Jul 2014:
- 7 Mar 2014:At an IBM factory in southern China, more than 1,000 workers have staged a strike to protest the company's plan to transfer employees to the Chinese PC arm, the Lenovo Group.
- 5 Mar 2014:Intel is in the process of buying smartwatch startup Basis, as part of the tech giant's new focus on wearables and the Internet of Things.
- 21 Feb 2014:WhatsApp's jaw-dropping US$19 billion price tag took the world by surprise. But Facebook might have actually gotten WhatsApp for cheap.
- Nokia is considering buying Juniper Networks to merge into its telecommunications network gear business, German's Manager Magazin Online reported, citing unidentified sources.
- 20 Feb 2014:WhatsApp co-founder and CEO Jan Koum will join Facebook's board of directors.
- 13 Feb 2014:Lenovo reported Thursday it had made progress in its plan to expand beyond PCs, even before a planned acquisition of Motorola Mobility.
- Chipmaker Microchip Technology said it would buy Supertex for US$394 million in cash to bolster its business that supplies to the medical, LED lighting, industrial and telecommunication industries.
- 6 Feb 2014:Cadence to enhance high-level synthesis offering with acquisition of Forte Design Systems (February 5) - Company releaseCadence Design Systems has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Forte Design Systems, a provider of SystemC-based high-level synthesis (HLS) and arithmetic IP.
- 1 Feb 2014:Lenovo and Google have entered into a definitive agreement under which Lenovo plans to acquire the Motorola Mobility smartphone business. The purchase price is approximately US$2.91 billion (subject to certain adjustments).
- 27 Jan 2014:Google has acquired London-based artificial intelligence firm DeepMind Technologies, the latest in a series of start-up purchases by the tech giant.
- 22 Jan 2014:Lenovo's talks to buy part of IBM's server business show the Chinese PC giant's next ambition: challenging US rivals in the lucrative market for products and services aimed at corporate clients.
- 14 Jan 2014:Google has entered into an agreement to buy Nest Labs for US$3.2 billion in cash.
- 26 Dec 2013:The deal is undergoing a second-phase anti-trust probe by China's commerce watchdog, which is taking longer than the usual 30 days, reportedly due to concerns from domestic handset makers over a potential Nokia licensing fee hikes.
- 24 Dec 2013:
- 18 Dec 2013:
- 16 Dec 2013:The acquisition expands ARM's position at the forefront of the visual computing and graphics industries. Additionally, the agreement enables Geomerics to build on their existing partnerships as well as accelerate their development in mobile.
- 26 Nov 2013:Apple has agreed to acquire PrimeSense, the maker of motion-tracking chip technology that was used in Microsoft's Kinect game console.
- 22 Nov 2013:For years, technologies like Apple's Siri and Google's Google Now have been flying blind, awoken by the spoken command of their users. If Apple acquires PrimeSense, perceptual computing may finally open its eyes.
- 21 Nov 2013:Since Imagination's acquisition of MIPS Technologies in February 2013, the company has closed 22 MIPS related deals.
- 19 Nov 2013:A Wuxi court has approved Shunfeng Photovoltiac International's purchase of Suntech Power's manufacturing arm, taking the protracted saga closer to conclusion.
- 18 Oct 2013:Lenovo Group is actively considering a bid for all of struggling Canadian smartphone maker BlackBerry, according to people familiar with the matter, the latest sign of the voracious appetite of Chinese companies for foreign acquisitions.
- 1 Oct 2013:Intel will take over a plant in Israel's Kiryat Gat city after it was shut down by the US microchip manufacturer Micron in a bid to save 800 jobs, it was announced Sunday.
- Iceleads raises US$3.5M in Series-A funding for global expansion of its BuyNow solution
- Join ThroughTek's upcoming IoT/M2M webinar!
- KFA: Compact power entry module with filter now with ground line choke
- 2015 Taipei international cycle show: HOLUX exhibits wearable Heart-Rate Smartwatch WRL-8100
- Advantest wins new customer with installation of V93000 semiconductor test system at Shanghai Haier IC in China
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Digitimes Research: Microsoft to push 2 inexpensive notebooks in mid-2015 to counter Chromebook penetration
- Digitimes Research: Holitech to become 2nd-largest touch panel maker in China after acquisitions
- Digitimes Research: White-box tablet players turn to Windows 2-in-1s using Intel Bay Trail in 2Q15
- Digitimes Research: Taiwan on-cell touch panel shipments to see strong growth, yet offer little profit
- Digitimes Research: Dual-OS tablets becoming popular in white-box market, but Google GMS remains an obstacle
The IC backend service industry was capped by a flurry of merger and acquisition (M&A) activities...
Macronix International, which ranks as the world's second-largest NOR flash supplier with a 19% share...
The applications, demand and service areas for the global storage device industry have seen profound...
Lenovo, which had the fourth-largest market share next to Asustek Computer, Acer and Apple in the Taiwan...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...