- 4 Nov 2011:
- 3 Nov 2011:
- 26 Oct 2011:The Lumia 800 and the Lumia 710 mark the begin of Nokia's fightback against Apple's iPhone and rivals using Google's Android software.
- 21 Oct 2011:This is something that could excite iPhone owners, big time! Japanese accessory maker Century has brought out their new Monolith iPhone case - complete with a projector.
- 19 Oct 2011:Apple falls after wait for iPhone causes missed estimates (October 19) - Bloomberg (via Businessweek)Apple fell in German trading after profit missed analysts' predictions for the first time in at least six years, evidence that customers delayed iPhone purchases before the release of the latest model.
- 18 Oct 2011:Apple said it has sold over four million of its new iPhone 4S, just three days after its launch on October 14.
- Reports that Apple would ditch Samsung and look instead to TSMC for the Apple A6 processor expected to feature in the next-gen iPad 3 and iPhone 5 are premature, a Samsung exec has insisted, claiming that the two companies will continue to collaborate on chipset design and manufacture.
- 17 Oct 2011:
- 14 Oct 2011:They also discovered that the iPhone 4S includes a Skyworks 77464-20 chip and Avago ACPM-7181 power amplifier.
- 12 Oct 2011:Mobile display technology has come leaps and bounds over the last four years. Starting with the original iPhone, the finger-friendly capacitive touchscreen was introduced, which answered the woes of unwieldy styluses (styli?) and resistive touchscreens.
- 11 Oct 2011:
- 5 Oct 2011:Blame it on high expectations: Why Apple's stock falls after company unveils hot new gadget (October 5) - AP (via Washington Post)Apple's stock lost US$2.10, or 0.6%, dipping to US$372.50 on Monday after the company revealed the newest iPhone model, the 4S.
- 29 Sep 2011:Hitachi has announced the availability of a more affordable technology that will make HD ready IPS panels more widely available and demoed a 4.5-inch LCD panel with a 1280x720 pixels resolution.
- 22 Sep 2011:Apple's next event to be held on October 4, starring its new CEO (September 21) - All Things DigitalThat's the day Apple is currently expected to hold its next big media event, according to sources close to the situation, where the tech giant will unveil the next iteration of its popular iPhone.
- 20 Sep 2011:
- 19 Sep 2011:After the iPhone and the iPad, Apple may be working on a full-size TV (possibly with no-glasses 3D) which could also give American customers the option of a cheaper service than the present expensive cable TV offerings.
- 16 Sep 2011:Consumers have been voting with their fingers since Apple first introduced the iPhone, rapidly driving up the popularity of touchscreen smartphones, and the tide shows no sign of turning.
- 15 Sep 2011:Epson MegaPlex projectors provide big screen viewing for iPod, iPhone, and iPad (September 14) - SlashGearEpson has launched a pair of new projectors that are aimed at the users of Apple iOS gear like the iPod touch, iPhone, and iPad. The new projectors are both in the MegaPlex line and there are two models.
- 14 Sep 2011:Samsung mulls comeback to Japanese TV market: source (September 13) - Korean Times (USE The Korea Times)Samsung Electronics Co., the world's top TV supplier, is considering a reentry into the Japanese TV market after it quit the country four years ago, an industry source said Tuesday.
- 1 Sep 2011:A spokesman for the San Francisco Police Department said the company did not file a police report based on the loss at the bar.
- 26 Aug 2011:
- 24 Aug 2011:The latest beta of iOS 5 features an earthquake warning system for Japanese iPhone users. The feature constantly checks in with Japan's early warning system, which consists of over 1000 seismographs scattered throughout the country.
- 22 Aug 2011:Avago's main smartphone customers are Samsung and HTC, but speculation is rife among analysts that some upcoming wireless devices from Apple, including new iPhones and the iPad 3, could use some Avago chips.
- 19 Aug 2011:
- 15 Aug 2011:
- 29 Jul 2011:Latest figures from the US Treasury Department show that the country has an operating cash balance of US$73.7 billion. Apple's most recent financial results put its reserves at US$76.4 billion.
- 19 Jul 2011:
- 8 Jul 2011:
- 7 Jul 2011:FBR Capital analyst Craig Berger asserted in a research note that OmniVision could be at risk of losing its status as the dominant provider of image sensors for the Apple iPhone.
- 24 Jun 2011:"Common sense suggests that allegations of copying are necessarily directed at Apple's existing products, to which Samsung has access and could potentially mimic," said US District Court Judge Lucy Koh, "and not at Apple's unreleased, inaccessible, next-generation products."
- 23 Jun 2011:Imagination Technologies, which designs microchips used in Apple's iPad and iPhone, has doubled its forecast for chip shipments. By 2016, the company expects more than 1bn will be shipped a year, up from a previous forecast of 500m.
- 18 Jun 2011:Apple ramped up the rhetoric in its patent infringement battle with Samsung on Thursday, filing an amended complaint that includes more allegedly infringing devices and stronger accusations that the company copied the look and feel of its iPhone and iPad.
- 15 Jun 2011:Samsung's request "is not a good faith attempt to obtain information needed to defend against a preliminary injunction", the documents say. "Rather, it is a transparent and improper attempt to harass Apple by demanding extremely sensitive trade secrets that have no relevance to Apple's infringement claims or to Samsung's defenses to a preliminary injunction."
- Apple agreed to pay the mobile phone maker a one-time sum, which was not disclosed, to settle a long-standing patent disputes.
- 7 Jun 2011:Citigroup chip analyst Glen Yeung has predicted some possible relationship whereby Intel might provide foundry services to manufacture some of Apple's custom chips that power iPhone and iPad devices. Those chips are made by Samsung at present.
- 18 May 2011:Apple has proposed a standardized SIM card smaller than those it currently uses in the iPhone and iPad in order to be able to produce thinner devices, an Orange executive was quoted as saying in a Reuters report.
- GIGABYTE announces 'Feel the Force' OC contest winners
- Internet of Things to provide new business opportunities and enable business model changes
- MOEA recognizes alliances between foreign and Taiwanese IT firms for creating new value
- Advantech Accelerates Intelligent Video Designs with Complete Solutions
- Innovation through Partnership to Make IoT a Reality
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Efficient Network Management for Digital Signage
- Design Benefits of the MI/O Extension Solution
ChipMOS Technologies is among very few firms that have transformed themselves successfully and are...
Chunghwa Telecom (CHT), Taiwan Mobile (TWM) and Far EasTone Telecommunications (FET), the three largest...
Smartphone ODM Arima Communications has decided to expand its product lines to include tablets, smart...
OCZ Technology shifted its corporate focus away from legacy DRAM memory modules in 2011, and has since...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...