- 18 Apr 2016:
- 11 Apr 2016:There is increasing evidence that Intel is likely to gain 20%-30% share in the iPhone 7 modem - the first time since 2011 with the iPhone 4 that Intel will be a baseband supplier for Apple.
- 29 Mar 2016:
- 23 Mar 2016:Israel's Cellebrite, a provider of mobile forensic software, is helping the US Federal Bureau of Investigation's attempt to unlock an iPhone used by one of the San Bernardino, California shooters, the Yedioth Ahronoth newspaper reported on Wednesday.
- According to one market researcher, Apple is likely to sell only four million to six million units of the new iPhone SE in the US in the first year. Those who own an iPhone 6 are unlikely to give up the big screen, reckons Consumer Intelligence Research Partners.
- 22 Mar 2016:In a court filing Monday, federal authorities cited a newly discovered "unlocking method" that it hopes won't require Apple's help.
- 18 Mar 2016:
- 17 Mar 2016:Imagination Technologies, the British company whose graphics power Apple's iPhone, said it would make new cost cuts, including job losses, to speed up a turnaround plan.
- 12 Mar 2016:"We believe Samsung, despite some recent delays, will still be the first mover to 10-nanometer technology," Mark. C. Newman, a senior analyst at Bernstein Research, wrote in a note to clients Thursday. "TSMC and Intel will soon follow, whereas Globalfoundries can hardly keep up. Samsung can still edge ahead of TSMC."
- 11 Mar 2016:
- 10 Mar 2016:The latest leak on Apple's upcoming 4-inch iPhone suggests Apple might be ready to deliver a two-punch combo to competitors by rolling out not only the new iPhone SE but also keeping the 5s alive.
- Morgan Stanley's James Faucette today weighs in on the speculation about whether Qualcomm may lose some share of the baseband modem chip business in Apple's iPhone to Intel, concluding that there's a real chance it will happen, but it doesn't threaten Qualcomm overall.
- 4 Mar 2016:
- 1 Mar 2016:
- 26 Feb 2016:Now though a new rumor out of South Korea claims that Apple's big spring event has been pushed back - though just by exactly one week. Hence, it's apparently going to take place on March 22.
- Speaking on stage in Barcelona at Mobile World Congress, the Facebook CEO said he doesn't think requiring back doors would be "the right thing to do" nor would it be an effective way to get data from the iPhone of deceased San Bernardino shooter, Syed Farook.
- 23 Feb 2016:Justice Department calls Apple's refusal to unlock iPhone a 'marketing strategy' (Feb 19) - New York TimesThe Justice Department, frustrated by its inability to unlock the iPhone of one of the attackers in the San Bernardino killings, demanded on Friday that a judge immediately order Apple to give it the technical tools to get inside the phone.
- 18 Feb 2016:
- 'iPhone 7' might replace 3.5mm headphone jack with second speaker, analysts say (Feb 12) - Apple InsiderApple's next-generation iPhone - expected to abandon a 3.5mm headphone jack - will probably replace the part with a second speaker, according to a Barclays research memo obtained by AppleInsider.
- 22 Jan 2016:
- 15 Jan 2016:If the rumors are correct, next-gen iPhones may not come with the standard 3.5mm headphone jack. But according to a new patent, Apple may be compensating for that loss.
- 30 Dec 2015:Chinese tech website MyDrivers.com posted a picture that supposedly includes telecom giant China Mobile's presentation of its plans for 2016. On the right hand column of the presentation labeled "April or later," one product reads "future Apple iPhone 7C."
- 27 Dec 2015:Just over a week after Samsung paid Apple more than $548 million for infringing the patents and designs of the iPhone, Apple has asked a US court to force its biggest smartphone rival to cough up even more.
- 22 Dec 2015:The video shows the phone from a few angles with a look at the innovative display as well as a lack of a physical home button and a main camera that doesn't have a flash LED.
- Apple cut prices of its latest iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus by up to 16% just two months after their launch in India.
- 21 Dec 2015:More and more analysts think the iPhone is about to go into decline for the first time ever (Dec 16) - Business Insider2015 might have been the year of "peak iPhone."
- 1 Dec 2015:According to G for Games, a Weibo user who has posted accurate details about unconfirmed Apple plans in the past revealed that the iPhone maker is currently testing five different iPhone 7 versions.
- 17 Nov 2015:Goldman estimates TSMC's Apple InFO business would take away only 2% of ASE's sales.
- 10 Nov 2015:One of the greatest risks to Apple's iPhone and iPad sales is its ability to secure enough DRAM (at a reasonable cost) when the inevitable shortage occurs in the future.
- 23 Oct 2015:
- 19 Oct 2015:Intel now has a thousand people or more working to outfit a 2016 iPhone with its lauded 7360 LTE modem chip, sources say. If all goes well, Intel may end up providing both the modem and the fabrication for a new Apple system on a chip.
- The investment firm has lowered its estimates for the component suppliers to Apple, in the wake of disappointing feedback regarding iPhone 6s sales from carrier surveys.
- 14 Oct 2015:The University of Wisconsin successfully claimed that Apple used its microchip technology without permission in some iPhones and iPads.
- 8 Oct 2015:Following the launch of the iPhone 6s and 6s Plus last month, it was discovered that Apple is dual sourcing the A9 chip for the new devices from both TSMC and Samsung, with the chips from the two companies measuring at slightly different sizes due to different processes used in manufacturing the chips.
- 1 Oct 2015:Apple today announced it has sold more than 13 million new iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus models, a new record, just three days after launch.
- 28 Sep 2015:Apple A9 chip cores in iPhone 6s and 6s Plus deliver a processor punch to Samsung, Qualcomm (Sep 25) - Apple InsiderPreliminary testing of Apple's latest A-series mobile Application Processor shows that it brings a big jump in general CPU performance over last year's already speedy A8. It also advances Apple's lead in proprietary ARM core design performance over Samsung and Qualcomm.
- 25 Sep 2015:
- 24 Sep 2015:
- EuroBLECH 2016 reflects trend towards smart manufacturing in sheet metal working
- Advantest rated as Advanced Masks Technology Center GmbH & Co. KG's (AMTC) best supplier 2015 for the second year in a row
- CAYIN to rollout system software upgrade and new product line
- Advantest introduces V93000 wave scale cards for cost-effective testing of current and next-generation RF semiconductors
- Computer-on-modules deliver an ideal solution for Industry 4.0 intelligent automation
- Unisys IT Implementation of Unisys Stealth Solution for Data Center Segmentation
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Perforce Software Wins Develop Industry Excellence Award for the Second Year in a Row
- Perforce Teams with Leading Git Client Developer fournova
- Perforce Introduces Helix GitSwarm: Flexible Git Ecosystem Mirrored to a Powerful Mainline Repository
- Perforce Helix Distributed Version Control System Brings Greater Flexibility While Maintaining Enterprise-class Security, Auditability and Control
- Perforce Powers Development of Legacy Quest for iOS and Android
- Digitimes Research: 4 million 9.7-inch iPad Pros to ship in 1H16
- Digitimes Research: Global all-in-one PC shipments to drop 3.9% on year in 2015
- Mentor Graphics Veloce VirtuaLAB adds protocols for networking designs
- Mouser Electronics undergoing expansion
- Digitimes Research: iPad Pro shipments to be less than 3 million units in 4Q15
Qualcomm president Derek Aberle spared his time with Digitimes for an exclusive interview...
Gaming notebooks have become the main focus of Gigabyte Technology's notebook department and despite...
The next wave of computing is now beginning to define the IT industry, where the boundaries of computing...
The launch of virtual reality headsets for the consumer market and the increasing demand for ultra...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...