- 30 Jul 2012:Toshiba's first-quarter operating profit is expected to exceed JPY10 billion (US$127.9 million), the Nikkei reported, more than double the profit recorded in the same period a year earlier.
- 25 Jul 2012:
- 13 Jul 2012:Toshiba has announced that it will implement a series of functional reorganizations of its Digital Products business facilities in Japan that will enhance operating efficiency and the performance of its Digital Products businesses, including the LCD TV business.
- 12 Jul 2012:AU Optronics Corp. (2409), LG Display Co. (066570) and Toshiba Corp. (6502) agreed to pay $543.5 million to resolve allegations they conspired to fix prices of flat-screen panels used in TVs and computer monitors.
- 21 Jun 2012:The Toshiba Corporation has announced that it will commence the construction of PV plants totaling 100MW in Minami Soma on the battered northeastern coastline where a tsunami and an earthquake caused the worst nuclear disaster since Chernobyl a year ago.
- 11 Jun 2012:LSI has announced several demonstrations of its SandForce SF-2000 flash storage processors using Toshiba 19nm and Intel 20nm NAND flash memory - the most advanced flash memory technology currently available for SSD applications.
- 8 May 2012:Toshiba has predicted profit will rise 83% as sales recover from a slump caused by the strong yen, falling prices and natural disasters.
- 3 May 2012:Toshiba has announced that it will rebuild its semiconductor manufacturing operations in Thailand by relocating Toshiba Semiconductor Thailand to a new manufacturing facility.
- 2 May 2012:Toshiba will not participate in the second round of bidding for failed chipmaker Elpida Memory, the Sankei Shimbun reported in its Tuesday morning edition.
- 19 Apr 2012:Japan's Toshiba Corporation has agreed to buy IBM's point-of-sale (POS) business in a deal worth US$850 million.
- 5 Apr 2012:
- 30 Mar 2012:Toshiba will bid against Micron Technology to become the sponsor of Japan's failed chipmaker Elpida Memory, the Nikkei newspaper said.
- 3 Feb 2012:Local LED lighting firm lands contract with Toshiba International (February 2) - San Antonio Business JournalLocally based GreenStar, an LED lighting manufacturer, has signed a contract with Houston-based Toshiba International Corp.
- 1 Feb 2012:Toshiba and Fujitsu booked deep losses during the October-December quarter, blaming a spike in component costs caused by Thai flooding and a tough market for consumer electronics. Both companies slashed their earnings targets for the current fiscal year through March, but said they are still on track to book an annual profit.
- 5 Jan 2012:Elpida Memory has asked about 10 of its client companies for US$500 million in financial assistance to boost its cash on hand as it struggles with the yen's strength and a fall in memory chip prices, the Yomiuri Shimbun reported in its Thursday morning edition.
- 20 Dec 2011:Toshiba plans to sign JPY150 billion in syndicated loans, according to three people familiar with the matter, who asked not to be identified because the details are private.
- 9 Dec 2011:
- 2 Nov 2011:The strong yen has had an impact on several Japanese companies including Toshiba, Honda Motor and Panasonic, which have reported lower second-quarter profits.
- A public-private fund that will acquire the small- and mid-size LCD operations of Toshiba, Hitachi and Sony will also buy a Panasonic factory for about JPY20 billion (US$255.5 million), Japanese business daily The Nikkei said.
- 1 Nov 2011:Sony Corp.,reeling from seven consecutive annual losses in television manufacturing, plunged the most in more than seven months in Tokyo after announcing a reorganization of the business into three groups.
- 25 Oct 2011:Infineon strengthens its position as market leader in power semiconductors (October 25) - Company releaseInfineon Technologies is the global market leader in power semiconductors for the eighth consecutive year. According to IMS Research data, Infineon again strengthened its position in 2010 and commands an 11.2% share of the overall market.
- 21 Oct 2011:Toshiba has managed to squeeze 498 pixels per square inch (ppi) into this panel. It can display images at a resolution much higher than 1080p, more specifically it tops out at 2,560 x 1,600. Imagine how good your photographs would look on this thing.
- Toshiba calls the new panel "Soludina," and it uses a technology that handles display gradations in a new way.
- 14 Oct 2011:Toshiba launches image recognition processor for automotive applications (October 13) - Company releaseToshiba America Electronic Components has announced the second-generation of its Visconti series of image recognition processors for automotive applications.
- 30 Sep 2011:Amkor to acquire Toshiba chip assembly and test operations in Malaysia (September 29) - Company releaseToshiba and Amkor Technology have announced that they have signed a non-binding memorandum of understanding for the acquisition by Amkor of Toshiba Electronics Malaysia, Toshiba's semiconductor assembly operation in Malaysia, together with a license to Amkor for certain related intellectual property rights.
- 28 Sep 2011:Toshiba Corp. said Wednesday it aims to significantly boost its share in the liquid crystal display television market in the Philippines from 4 percent in fiscal 2010 to 20 percent in fiscal 2013 through March 2014.
- Toshiba selects Applied Materials solution to boost lithography efficiency (September 27) - Company releaseApplied Materials announced that Toshiba has purchased its SmartSched predictive scheduling software to improve the capacity and efficiency of its photolithography operations. Installation of the first phase of this breakthrough software solution began in August at Toshiba's Fab 4 facility in Yokkaichi, Japan.
- 30 Aug 2011:
- 19 Aug 2011:
- 13 Aug 2011:SandForce has announced the first public demonstration of its SSD controllers working in concert with Toshiba's 24nm MLC NAND flash for SSD applications. SandForce also revealed that to data, it has shipped well over two million SSD controllers.
- The JV is based on the MoU signed in December 2010, under the framework for reinforcing cooperation in economic and industrial development between the Brazilian and Japanese governments, including the cultivation of a Brazilian semiconductor industry.
- 11 Aug 2011:Seagate has shipped its one millionth solid state hybrid drive for laptop PCs after launching the product - Momentus XT - in spring 2010. Major computer makers including Alienware, ASUS, Dell, Sony and Toshiba now offer laptops powered by the 2.5-inch drive.
- 4 Aug 2011:Toshiba is planning to withdraw from its mobile phone joint venture with Fujitsu in the first half of 2012, the Yomiuri Shimbun reported Wednesday.
- 29 Jul 2011:Toshiba has said that operating profits for the fiscal quarter fell 88% as the earthquake hit its power operations and a strong yen bit into earnings, and it kept its annual forecast in line with expectations.
- 19 Jul 2011:
- 15 Jul 2011:In an effort to increase its competitiveness in the North American consumer market, Toshiba Corp. (Tokyo: 6502) is selling its Chihuahua, Mexico-based LCD production facilities to PC manufacturer Compal Electronics Inc. The announcement, made in a press release today, comes on the heels of market reports that LCD TV demand in North America is "alarmingly" weak, despite increasing prices for LCD panels worldwide.
- 13 Jul 2011:Toshiba and SanDisk on July 12 celebrated the opening of Fab 5, the third 300mm wafer NAND fabrication facility at Toshiba's Yokkaichi Operations in Mie Prefecture, Japan.
- Toshiba President Norio Sasaki also said the company is gaining on South Korea's Samsung Electronics in terms of flash memory global market share, though warned that the rivalry could undercut prices.
- 8 Jul 2011:Toshiba has announced that it will establish two new technology development centers for hard disk drives (HDD). The "HDD Advanced Technology Center" will seek to accelerate development of higher density technology and the "HDD Manufacturing Technology Center" will develop enhanced manufacturing capabilities. Both will open on July 16th.
- CAYIN's latest digital signage player debuts at InfoComm China 2017
- Advantest VOICE 2017 U.S. and China keynote speakers announced
- QSAN launches XS3200 series SAN storage systems for SMB/enterprise market
- UMC and Synopsys collaboration speeds 14-nm custom design
- Advantest and W2BI to Exhibit Advanced Test Solutions at Mobile World Congress
- Unisys IT Implementation of Unisys Stealth Solution for Data Center Segmentation
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Perforce Software Wins Develop Industry Excellence Award for the Second Year in a Row
- Perforce Teams with Leading Git Client Developer fournova
- Perforce Introduces Helix GitSwarm: Flexible Git Ecosystem Mirrored to a Powerful Mainline Repository
- Perforce Helix Distributed Version Control System Brings Greater Flexibility While Maintaining Enterprise-class Security, Auditability and Control
- Perforce Powers Development of Legacy Quest for iOS and Android
- Digitimes Research: Samsung Note 7 issues may help Apple to regain number-1 crown in 4Q16
- Digitimes Research: 4 million 9.7-inch iPad Pros to ship in 1H16
- Digitimes Research: Global all-in-one PC shipments to drop 3.9% on year in 2015
- Mentor Graphics Veloce VirtuaLAB adds protocols for networking designs
- Mouser Electronics undergoing expansion
Kuka Robotics, as the world's leading maker of robots used in automobile manufacturing, has been making...
Germany's Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology as well as Committee on Foreign Investment in...
Qualcomm agreed in late 2016 to buy NXP Semiconductor for about US$47 billion in the biggest-ever deal...
With 2015 being the 50th anniversary of Moore's Law, one of the hottest topics that has continued to...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...