- 26 Feb 2014:Toshiba develops device controller for embedded NAND flash memory module compliant with JEDEC UFS Ver.2.0 standard (February 25) - Company releaseToshiba has developed what it claims is the world's fastest device controller for embedded NAND flash memory modules compliant with the Universal Flash Storage (UFS) Ver.2.0 and UFS Unified Memory Extension (UME) Ver.1.0 standards defined by JEDEC Solid State Technology Association (JEDEC).
- 2 Jan 2014:Toshiba and SK Hynix will begin joint production of next-generation memory chips as early as fiscal 2016, bringing them to market ahead of US firm Micron Technology, The Nikkei learned Wednesday.
- 9 Aug 2013:Toshiba's new chief executive said he won't pull the plug on the company's unprofitable television and personal-computer operations, shunning the "easy option" of exiting cutthroat competition for a chance to reclaim its former prominence in the businesses.
- 27 Jun 2013:With Toshiba's existing chip facilities now running at full capacity, the company may spend some of a 38% hike in its capex budget this year on extending a factory, the company's incoming president, Hisao Tanaka, said in a recent interview.
- 25 Jun 2013:Toshiba also may be among the initial customers since the three companies partner with SK Hynix on the development of resistive random access memory, or ReRam.
- 19 Jun 2013:Both Toshiba and Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC) have developed mask read-only memories (MROMs) that can offer greater data density by storing multiple bits per cell.
- 18 Jun 2013:Toshiba has expanded its package line-up of interface-converter bridge LSIs for high resolution LCD display that are used in tablets, Ultrabooks and other applications.
- 22 May 2013:Toshiba said it will soon begin mass producing a new type of 64Gbit NAND flash that is the smallest and fastest in its class, though it still lags rival Samsung Electronics in the development of an even denser flash technology.
- 15 Apr 2013:Toshiba has said that it will concentrate on three fields: analog, automotive and communications in 2013.
- 27 Feb 2013:The board of directors of Toshiba has nominated Hisao Tanaka, corporate senior executive VP of Toshiba, for the post of president and CEO of the company.
- 6 Feb 2013:Toshiba develops high-speed NANO Flash-100 flash memory for ARM core based microcontrollers (February 4) - Company releaseToshiba has subsequently brought this high level performance to its original microcontrollers and to ARM core-based microcontrollers. The newly-developed NANO Flash-100 achieves a zero-wait cycle during random access at 100MHz operation.
- 4 Jan 2013:
- 5 Dec 2012:
- 31 Oct 2012:
- Toshiba is expected to report a 10% drop in consolidated operating profit for the April-September period as a strong yen hurt sales, the Nikkei reported.
- 19 Oct 2012:
- 26 Sep 2012:
- 15 Aug 2012:The Japanese electronics maker said in a statement that it's not introducing tablets based on Windows RT due to delayed components "that would make a timely launch impossible." Instead, Toshiba will focus on bringing Windows 8 devices, which run on chips from Intel and Advanced Micro Devices (AMD), to market.
- 1 Aug 2012:Toshiba said Tuesday that it swung into a net loss in the fiscal first quarter as restructuring costs and the high yen outweighed profit growth from its conventional power plant business.
- 30 Jul 2012:Toshiba's first-quarter operating profit is expected to exceed JPY10 billion (US$127.9 million), the Nikkei reported, more than double the profit recorded in the same period a year earlier.
- 25 Jul 2012:
- 13 Jul 2012:Toshiba has announced that it will implement a series of functional reorganizations of its Digital Products business facilities in Japan that will enhance operating efficiency and the performance of its Digital Products businesses, including the LCD TV business.
- 12 Jul 2012:AU Optronics Corp. (2409), LG Display Co. (066570) and Toshiba Corp. (6502) agreed to pay $543.5 million to resolve allegations they conspired to fix prices of flat-screen panels used in TVs and computer monitors.
- 21 Jun 2012:The Toshiba Corporation has announced that it will commence the construction of PV plants totaling 100MW in Minami Soma on the battered northeastern coastline where a tsunami and an earthquake caused the worst nuclear disaster since Chernobyl a year ago.
- 11 Jun 2012:LSI has announced several demonstrations of its SandForce SF-2000 flash storage processors using Toshiba 19nm and Intel 20nm NAND flash memory - the most advanced flash memory technology currently available for SSD applications.
- 8 May 2012:Toshiba has predicted profit will rise 83% as sales recover from a slump caused by the strong yen, falling prices and natural disasters.
- 3 May 2012:Toshiba has announced that it will rebuild its semiconductor manufacturing operations in Thailand by relocating Toshiba Semiconductor Thailand to a new manufacturing facility.
- 2 May 2012:Toshiba will not participate in the second round of bidding for failed chipmaker Elpida Memory, the Sankei Shimbun reported in its Tuesday morning edition.
- 19 Apr 2012:Japan's Toshiba Corporation has agreed to buy IBM's point-of-sale (POS) business in a deal worth US$850 million.
- 5 Apr 2012:
- 30 Mar 2012:Toshiba will bid against Micron Technology to become the sponsor of Japan's failed chipmaker Elpida Memory, the Nikkei newspaper said.
- 3 Feb 2012:Local LED lighting firm lands contract with Toshiba International (February 2) - San Antonio Business JournalLocally based GreenStar, an LED lighting manufacturer, has signed a contract with Houston-based Toshiba International Corp.
- 1 Feb 2012:Toshiba and Fujitsu booked deep losses during the October-December quarter, blaming a spike in component costs caused by Thai flooding and a tough market for consumer electronics. Both companies slashed their earnings targets for the current fiscal year through March, but said they are still on track to book an annual profit.
- 5 Jan 2012:Elpida Memory has asked about 10 of its client companies for US$500 million in financial assistance to boost its cash on hand as it struggles with the yen's strength and a fall in memory chip prices, the Yomiuri Shimbun reported in its Thursday morning edition.
- 20 Dec 2011:Toshiba plans to sign JPY150 billion in syndicated loans, according to three people familiar with the matter, who asked not to be identified because the details are private.
- 9 Dec 2011:
- 2 Nov 2011:The strong yen has had an impact on several Japanese companies including Toshiba, Honda Motor and Panasonic, which have reported lower second-quarter profits.
- A public-private fund that will acquire the small- and mid-size LCD operations of Toshiba, Hitachi and Sony will also buy a Panasonic factory for about JPY20 billion (US$255.5 million), Japanese business daily The Nikkei said.
- 1 Nov 2011:Sony Corp.,reeling from seven consecutive annual losses in television manufacturing, plunged the most in more than seven months in Tokyo after announcing a reorganization of the business into three groups.
- 25 Oct 2011:Infineon strengthens its position as market leader in power semiconductors (October 25) - Company releaseInfineon Technologies is the global market leader in power semiconductors for the eighth consecutive year. According to IMS Research data, Infineon again strengthened its position in 2010 and commands an 11.2% share of the overall market.
- Indium Corporation features high-reliability, low-voiding flux coating for solder preforms at IMAPS
- Iceleads announces opening of Taiwan Branch Office to grasp local opportunities
- U-Reach delivers the largest and highest scalability standalone HDD/SSD Duplicator
- EverFocus will exhibit at Security Essen 2014 for showcasing the brand new solutions
- Photoimageable coverlay: A new FPCB non-rigid material that enhances hole-plugging with no glue overflow and 0.025mm alignment accuracy
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Digitimes Research: iPhone ASP falls in 2Q14
- Digitimes Research: On-cell touch panels unlikely to win favor in high-end smartphones in 2014
- Digitimes Research: Hisilicon AP to give Huawei cost advantage in high-end mobile device market
- Commentary: Panel makers need to be more active in developing products
- Digitimes Research: Google looking to clean up Android device mess in emerging markets
MediaTek has taken up to 60% of the 3G handset solution market in China, pushing the market value of...
AMD has been reorganizing its businesss, such as moving its desktop business headquarters to Beijing,...
Intel president Renee James, during a recent interview, told Digitimes that the company and its partners...
According to a recent IDC research note, the transition toward mobile and cloud-based computing is...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...