- 21 Jul 2015:Toshiba's chief executive and president Hisao Tanaka is to resign after the company said it had overstated its profits for the past six years.
- 16 Jul 2015:Accounting irregularities have plunged the Japanese conglomerate company Toshiba into a crisis, with several key board members stepping down, including CEO Hisao Tanaka.
- 6 Jul 2015:Shares in Japan's Toshiba fell 5 percent in early Monday trade on fears that an ongoing third-party investigation into past accounting practices was finding more irregularities than previously expected.
- 25 Jun 2015:Toshiba's chief executive fought back against shareholder calls for his resignation, promising an overhaul of a corporate culture that had overlooked accounting malpractices for years until they were revealed by a whistleblower.
- 4 Jun 2015:Toshiba and Microsoft have announced that the two companies have signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) to jointly develop solutions for the Internet of Things (IoT).
- 18 May 2015:
- 7 Apr 2015:Shares in Toshiba fell nearly 5% on Monday after the company said it was looking into possible accounting irregularities, its second investigation into its bookkeeping practices in less then two years.
- 12 Mar 2015:Toshiba has announced the launch of "T4KB3", a 13-megapixel BSI CMOS image sensor with the optical format of 1/3.07 inch for smartphones and tablets. Sample shipments start today.
- 12 Jan 2015:Pen-based computing died a cold hard death once consumers embraced touch, but following on the moderate success of Microsoft's Surface Pro line, Toshiba seems to think there may really be an appetite for pens again.
- Toshiba will decide during the next business year from April on where to build an additional memory chip plant and will consider overseas locations for the facility, according to company CEO Hisao Tanaka.
- 14 Nov 2014:Toshiba has become the latest electronics giant to move into a very different business line - the production of vegetables.
- 31 Oct 2014:Three of Japan's biggest electronics companies reported modest earnings gains Thursday for the first half of the financial year ending March, helped by the yen's weakness and restructuring, but held back by a soft domestic economy.
- 26 Feb 2014:Toshiba develops device controller for embedded NAND flash memory module compliant with JEDEC UFS Ver.2.0 standard (February 25) - Company releaseToshiba has developed what it claims is the world's fastest device controller for embedded NAND flash memory modules compliant with the Universal Flash Storage (UFS) Ver.2.0 and UFS Unified Memory Extension (UME) Ver.1.0 standards defined by JEDEC Solid State Technology Association (JEDEC).
- 2 Jan 2014:Toshiba and SK Hynix will begin joint production of next-generation memory chips as early as fiscal 2016, bringing them to market ahead of US firm Micron Technology, The Nikkei learned Wednesday.
- 9 Aug 2013:Toshiba's new chief executive said he won't pull the plug on the company's unprofitable television and personal-computer operations, shunning the "easy option" of exiting cutthroat competition for a chance to reclaim its former prominence in the businesses.
- 27 Jun 2013:With Toshiba's existing chip facilities now running at full capacity, the company may spend some of a 38% hike in its capex budget this year on extending a factory, the company's incoming president, Hisao Tanaka, said in a recent interview.
- 25 Jun 2013:Toshiba also may be among the initial customers since the three companies partner with SK Hynix on the development of resistive random access memory, or ReRam.
- 19 Jun 2013:Both Toshiba and Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC) have developed mask read-only memories (MROMs) that can offer greater data density by storing multiple bits per cell.
- 18 Jun 2013:Toshiba has expanded its package line-up of interface-converter bridge LSIs for high resolution LCD display that are used in tablets, Ultrabooks and other applications.
- 22 May 2013:Toshiba said it will soon begin mass producing a new type of 64Gbit NAND flash that is the smallest and fastest in its class, though it still lags rival Samsung Electronics in the development of an even denser flash technology.
- 15 Apr 2013:Toshiba has said that it will concentrate on three fields: analog, automotive and communications in 2013.
- 27 Feb 2013:The board of directors of Toshiba has nominated Hisao Tanaka, corporate senior executive VP of Toshiba, for the post of president and CEO of the company.
- 6 Feb 2013:Toshiba develops high-speed NANO Flash-100 flash memory for ARM core based microcontrollers (February 4) - Company releaseToshiba has subsequently brought this high level performance to its original microcontrollers and to ARM core-based microcontrollers. The newly-developed NANO Flash-100 achieves a zero-wait cycle during random access at 100MHz operation.
- 4 Jan 2013:
- 5 Dec 2012:
- 31 Oct 2012:
- Toshiba is expected to report a 10% drop in consolidated operating profit for the April-September period as a strong yen hurt sales, the Nikkei reported.
- 19 Oct 2012:
- 26 Sep 2012:
- 15 Aug 2012:The Japanese electronics maker said in a statement that it's not introducing tablets based on Windows RT due to delayed components "that would make a timely launch impossible." Instead, Toshiba will focus on bringing Windows 8 devices, which run on chips from Intel and Advanced Micro Devices (AMD), to market.
- 1 Aug 2012:Toshiba said Tuesday that it swung into a net loss in the fiscal first quarter as restructuring costs and the high yen outweighed profit growth from its conventional power plant business.
- 30 Jul 2012:Toshiba's first-quarter operating profit is expected to exceed JPY10 billion (US$127.9 million), the Nikkei reported, more than double the profit recorded in the same period a year earlier.
- 25 Jul 2012:
- 13 Jul 2012:Toshiba has announced that it will implement a series of functional reorganizations of its Digital Products business facilities in Japan that will enhance operating efficiency and the performance of its Digital Products businesses, including the LCD TV business.
- 12 Jul 2012:AU Optronics Corp. (2409), LG Display Co. (066570) and Toshiba Corp. (6502) agreed to pay $543.5 million to resolve allegations they conspired to fix prices of flat-screen panels used in TVs and computer monitors.
- 21 Jun 2012:The Toshiba Corporation has announced that it will commence the construction of PV plants totaling 100MW in Minami Soma on the battered northeastern coastline where a tsunami and an earthquake caused the worst nuclear disaster since Chernobyl a year ago.
- 11 Jun 2012:LSI has announced several demonstrations of its SandForce SF-2000 flash storage processors using Toshiba 19nm and Intel 20nm NAND flash memory - the most advanced flash memory technology currently available for SSD applications.
- 8 May 2012:Toshiba has predicted profit will rise 83% as sales recover from a slump caused by the strong yen, falling prices and natural disasters.
- 3 May 2012:Toshiba has announced that it will rebuild its semiconductor manufacturing operations in Thailand by relocating Toshiba Semiconductor Thailand to a new manufacturing facility.
- 2 May 2012:Toshiba will not participate in the second round of bidding for failed chipmaker Elpida Memory, the Sankei Shimbun reported in its Tuesday morning edition.
- Conexant preps for growth in Asia Pacific region, expands into new facility
- Robotic Automation Propels Manufacturing Transformation
- Smart Taiwan Pavilion at MWC Shanghai: Exploring innovative Taiwan 4G mobile applications
- Omnichannel retail delivery solution from Unisys enables Taiwanese banks to offer consistent, personalised service across all banking channels
- Indium Corporation features ultra-low residue no-clean Flip-Chip Flux at SEMICON Taiwan
- Unisys IT Implementation of Unisys Stealth Solution for Data Center Segmentation
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Digitimes Research: Shrinking tablet market prompts China touch panel supply chain to look for growth elsewhere
- Digitimes Research: Apple to push forward with In-Cell touch technology in 2015 but highly considering G/G for 2016
- Digitimes Research: Tsinghua Unigroup acquisition of Micron faces difficulties, but is a must for China for further development
- Digitimes Research: Qualcomm to push inexpensive mobile device market with Microsoft and Allwinner solutions
- Digitimes Research: Touch IC developers turning to fingerprint sensors
The acquisition of Freescale by NXP Semiconductors will make NXP the world's second largest MCU supplier...
Competition in the graphics card market has grown fierce as demand for graphics cards from the gaming...
Socionext, a Japan-based corporation focused on the design, development, and sales of system-on-chip...
Computex has evolved into one of the biggest and most important ICT trade shows in the world since...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...