The C400 mSATA drive is designed to work in ultrathin, high-performance SSD-based systems and can also act as a cache drive in dual-drive systems. SSD-caching systems have both a hard-disk drive and a low-capacity SSD. These systems use software to automatically identify the most frequently used files and programs and then access those files from the SSD, providing greater performance than a hard-disk drive, but at a lower price point than a stand-alone SSD, the vendor said.
The mSATA form factor is an emerging standard that allows ultrathin notebook manufacturers to integrate a high-capacity SSD in a space that is about one-third of the size of a standard business card (3x5cm).
The RealSSD C400 mSATA SSD ships in capacities ranging from 32GB to 256GB with a SATA 6 gigabits per second (Gb/s) interface for the high data throughput that is ideal for the "instant on" responsiveness demanded by ultrabook systems.
Additionally, the established design leverages Micron's 25nm MLC NAND flash and manufacturing and testing capabilities.
The drive is currently in production and is available through Micron's extensive distribution network.
- GIGABYTE Launches the BRIX Ultra Compact PC Kit
- AEWIN Introduces Newest Multiplayer Gaming System SGA-5010
- Carry Technology Highlights Thunderbolt and Wi-Fi Card Reader Series
- EverFocus launches ECOR960 X1 16CH with better image quality and more affordable price
- Leadtek to Show Total Cloud Solutions at Computex Taipei 2013
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Efficient Network Management for Digital Signage
- Design Benefits of the MI/O Extension Solution
- The Imaging Source: GigE Camera - 5 MegaPixel
- ATO SOLUTION CO., LTD Successfully Design-in Taiwan Tier One ODM DSC Manufacturer
- Fujitsu converts Fujitsu Toshiba Mobile Communications into a wholly owned subsidiary
- NEC reaks the speed barriers of microwave transmission with ultra high modulations
- ATO Solution to launch 256Mb SLC NAND Flash - for the first time in fabless industry
- Digitimes Research: Global tablet shipments in 1Q13 down sequentially, up on year
- Digitimes Research: Global top-5 notebook brands see over 20% shipment drop in April
- Digitimes Research: Taiwan 2Q13 digital camera shipments expected to rebound sequentially
- Digitimes Research: Taiwan 1Q13 digital camera shipments hit 16-quarter low
- Commentary: Price competition over 7-inch tablets erodes profits
- Taiwan FTC investigates Samsung over false advertising allegations
- Digitimes Research: Mobile devices to drive 2013 DRAM market
- Blog: Google Glass may enjoy demand from more than just regular users
- Galaxy S4 to extend Samsung lead in 2013 handset market, says IHS
The show will be held from June 4-8. It is expected to attract 40,000 international buyers and create business opportunities worth US$25 billion. The...
Taiwan notebook Original Design Manufacturers (ODMs) account for more than 90% of global notebook production and Digitimes is there to provide daily...
The early success Google's Android platform has achieved in the handset market has caused system makers, software developers and semiconductor players...
As Microsoft launched its latest Windows 8 and RT operating system, there are many players already launched the related products, while some expect the...
Chaintech, a motherboard/graphics card maker, which quit the market once and returned recently, has...
Digitimes recently spoke with Karen Lightman, the executive director of MEMS Industry Group (MIG),...
As the PC Industry is having trouble achieving growth, transformation has become a new trend among...
China-based Huawei Technologies has always been known for its telecom technologies and equipment, but...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - Jun 2011
The motherboard industry began 2010 with optimism and expected to see a reversal of the previous two years' declines in revenues and shipments as the impact of...