Shrinking the size of electronic circuitry allows equipment makers to develop products with larger storage capacities, providing consumers the ability to enjoy more content on smartphones, tablets and other electronic devices. A nanometer measures one-billionth of a meter, meaning that 19nm circuit lines are so small that about 3,000 of them could fit across the width of a human hair.
iNAND Ultra solutions are used by leading mobile device makers around the world. The e.MMC (standards-based embedded mobile interface) devices built on SanDisk's 19nm technology will use the company's two-bit per cell technology-SanDisk's 10th generation of multi-level cell products. Sleeker, slim form factor product designs are also enabled by SanDisk's innovative packaging technology that provides up to 64GB of storage capacity in a package just 11.5x13mm in size. Advanced packaging techniques allow SanDisk to offer certain capacities in packages as thin as 1mm.
iNAND Ultra products are optimized for current and future generations of mobile operating systems such as Google Android and Windows Mobile.
The new products feature up to 20 megabyte per second (MB/sec) sequential write and up to 80MB/sec sequential read performance for faster file transfers. In addition, SanDisk works closely with major OEMs and chipset vendors to ensure the tight integration required between the host device and embedded flash memory.
SanDisk's iNAND Ultra products will initially be available in 8GB to 64GB capacities with samples expected to be available to customers in the first quarter of 2012. Volume production is expected in the second quarter.
- Advantech Releases 6U CompactPCI Board with 4th Generation Intel Core i7 Processor
- Advantech to Support CompactPCI PlusIO and Serial Standards
- ABB to showcase leading-edge power distribution technologies at CIRED
- Fanless In-Vehicle Systems with Intel Core i7
- FIC partners with Cluster Wireless to deliver Intelligent M2M Solutions
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Efficient Network Management for Digital Signage
- Design Benefits of the MI/O Extension Solution
- Analogix eyes link between smartphones and HD displays
- Commentary: Price competition over 7-inch tablets erodes profits
- Taiwan FTC investigates Samsung over false advertising allegations
- Digitimes Research: Mobile devices to drive 2013 DRAM market
- Blog: Google Glass may enjoy demand from more than just regular users
Taiwan notebook Original Design Manufacturers (ODMs) account for more than 90% of global notebook production and Digitimes is there to provide daily...
The early success Google's Android platform has achieved in the handset market has caused system makers, software developers and semiconductor players...
Over 1,700 exhibitors occupying 5,000 booths are showcasing their latest products at one of the world's leading ICT event.
Executives talk about their companies, products and the markets.
Singapore-based Gajah International Pte Ltd (Gajah) has won several Computex 2013 Design and Innovation...
Just before Computex 2013, Digitimes spoke with Jeff Baer, marketing director for Embedded Wireless,...
Jason LS Chen is a vice president in the Sales and Marketing Group at Intel and is responsible for...
Despite being one of the market leaders in the motherboard and graphics card industries, Gigabyte Technology...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - Jun 2011
The motherboard industry began 2010 with optimism and expected to see a reversal of the previous two years' declines in revenues and shipments as the impact of...