This marks the first retail availability of processors that use AMD's new multi-core architecture (Bulldozer), which is included in AMD's upcoming server CPU (Interlagos) and the next-generation of AMD accelerated processing units (APUs).
All AMD FX CPUs offer completely unlocked processor clock multipliers for overclocking. These processors use AMD Turbo Core Technology to optimize performance across CPU cores enabling maximum performance for intense workloads, the vendor said.
The four CPUs are: FX-8150 with eight cores and 3.6GHz CPU base (3.9GHz Turbo Core, 4.2GHz Max Turbo) at US$245; FX-8120 with eight cores and 3.1GHz CPU base (3.4GHz Turbo Core, 4.0GHz Max Turbo) at US$205; FX-6100 with six cores and 3.3GHz CPU base (3.6GHz Turbo Core, 3.9GHz Max Turbo) at US$165; and FX-4100 with four cores and 3.6GHz CPU base (3.7GHz Turbo Core, 3.8GHz Max Turbo) at US$115.
- GIGABYTE Launches the BRIX Ultra Compact PC Kit
- AEWIN Introduces Newest Multiplayer Gaming System SGA-5010
- Carry Technology Highlights Thunderbolt and Wi-Fi Card Reader Series
- Imagination says third party IP becoming a key driving force for silicon vendors
- EverFocus launches ECOR960 X1 16CH with better image quality and more affordable price
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Efficient Network Management for Digital Signage
- Design Benefits of the MI/O Extension Solution
- ATO Solution Co., Ltd. to launch 1Gb SLC NAND Flash after 256Mb/512Mb mass production for the first time in Fab-less industry
- Chilisin's miniature power inductor in 0603/0805 sizes
- Chilisin introduces Thin-film chip inductor 0201 size
- Chilisin at 2012 electronics Munich A5/159 & 260
- Chilisin sunken-type molded power inductor for MXM Graphic application
Digitimes recently interviewed Bert Gyselinckx, general manager of the Holst Centre in Eindhoven, to...
Chaintech, a motherboard/graphics card maker, which quit the market once and returned recently, has...
Digitimes recently spoke with Karen Lightman, the executive director of MEMS Industry Group (MIG),...
In a relentless competition against rivals including Qualcomm, Nvidia and Media in the smartphone chipset...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...