Featuring the very latest dual-core and quad-core Intel Core processors, the entire MacBook Pro line is up to twice as fast as the previous generation, the company claimed, the vendor said.
Starting at US$1,199, the new 13-inch MacBook Pro features Intel Core i5 and Core i7 dual-core processors up to 2.7GHz and Intel HD Graphics 3000.
The 15-inch and 17-inch MacBook Pro models feature quad-core Core i7 processors up to 2.3GHz and AMD Radeon HD graphics processors with up to 1GB of video memory for high performance gaming, pro video editing and graphics intensive applications, Apple said.
MacBook Pro is the first computer on the market to include the Thunderbolt I/O technology, the vendor said. Developed by Intel with collaboration from Apple, Thunderbolt features two bi-directional channels with transfer speeds up to 10Gbps each, delivers PCI Express directly to external high performance peripherals such as RAID arrays, and can support FireWire and USB consumer devices and Gigabit Ethernet networks via adapters.
Thunderbolt also supports DisplayPort for high resolution displays and works with existing adapters for HDMI, DVI and VGA displays.
- AEWIN Introduces Newest Multiplayer Gaming System SGA-5010
- Carry Technology Highlights Thunderbolt and Wi-Fi Card Reader Series
- Imagination says third party IP becoming a key driving force for silicon vendors
- EverFocus launches ECOR960 X1 16CH with better image quality and more affordable price
- Leadtek to Show Total Cloud Solutions at Computex Taipei 2013
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Efficient Network Management for Digital Signage
- Design Benefits of the MI/O Extension Solution
- Chilisin's miniature power inductor in 0603/0805 sizes
- Chilisin introduces Thin-film chip inductor 0201 size
- Chilisin at 2012 electronics Munich A5/159 & 260
- Chilisin sunken-type molded power inductor for MXM Graphic application
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011