The device supports both Wi-Fi and 3G through the built-in modules for downloading the contents and Acer has already signed agreements with Barnes and Nobles to offer more than one million titles in its e-books store as well as Germany-based internet book retailer Libri.de to offer more than four million titles and China-based Founder, for providing localized contents in English, Chinese and German. The content will also be translated for serving French and Italian readers.
Acer LumiRead features a 6-inch display and is only a few millimeters thick. With non-glare, no backlit E-ink display, it delivers a paper-like reading experience even under bright sunlight.
Equipped with 2GB flash memory, it can hold more than 1,000 books and users can increase the device's capacity through inserting an additional memory card. The device also features a scanner that allows for scanning book's ISBN codes to create customized wish-list and search on supported online library and book stores.
- Imagination says third party IP becoming a key driving force for silicon vendors
- Enriching multiple MEMS applications for mobile devices
- Dialog Semiconductor expands into ultrabooks and all-in-one PCs with a new generation of multi-touch display sensor ICs
- Altera Cyclone V GT FPGA is industry first low-power FPGA to achieve compliance for PCIe Gen2 at 5 Gbps
- Digi-Key adds Califia Lighting to line card of more than 650 global suppliers
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Efficient Network Management for Digital Signage
- Design Benefits of the MI/O Extension Solution
- ATO Solution Co., Ltd. to launch 1Gb SLC NAND Flash after 256Mb/512Mb mass production for the first time in Fab-less industry
- Chilisin's miniature power inductor in 0603/0805 sizes
- Chilisin introduces Thin-film chip inductor 0201 size
- Chilisin at 2012 electronics Munich A5/159 & 260
- Chilisin sunken-type molded power inductor for MXM Graphic application
- Coto Technology claims industry's smallest MEMS reed switch
- Silicon Labs introduces single-chip digital radio receivers for CE devices
- Memory makers see better profits as chip pricing improves
- Globalfoundries quietly becoming a threat to competitors
- Digitimes Research: Mobile devices to drive 2013 DRAM market
Samsung Electronics reportedly is looking to expand the purchase of memory products, including mobile DRAM chips and eMMC NAND devices, from outside.
Micron Technology and Elpida Memory's trustees have reached an agreement for Micron to acquire Elpida. Micron also announced a separate agreement with...
Taiwan-based DRAM chipmakers including Powerchip Technology and ProMOS Technologies are considering selling fabs in order to preserve cash and strengthen...
Specializing in the manufacture of memory chips and LCD panels, Samsung's component operations are undergoing a focus shift to advanced process design...
Digitimes recently interviewed Bert Gyselinckx, general manager of the Holst Centre in Eindhoven, to...
Digitimes recently spoke with Karen Lightman, the executive director of MEMS Industry Group (MIG),...
In a relentless competition against rivals including Qualcomm, Nvidia and Media in the smartphone chipset...
Spansion recently announced a joint development with United Microelectronics (UMC) to integrate its...
- Taiwan DRAM module industry overview - Jun 2011
The year 2010 represented a peak in recent years for the DRAM module industry. Optimism surfaced in the second half of 2009 thanks to a return of demand on the...
- Taiwan DRAM-module industry overview - May 2010
Back to 2006 when total revenues for the third-party module market reached US$12.2 billion, Taiwan had over 15 vendors shipping DRAM modules under their own brand...
- Taiwan semiconductor equipment industry overview - Aug 2008
Worries about a global economic downturn have taken a toll on a number of industries, with the semiconductor industry being no exception. Players in the semiconductor...
- Foundry overview - Sep 2006
Taiwan's semiconductor industry has begun to out-run its global peers, once more, in 2006. This followed a trough in 2004, caused by over-inventory, plus volatility...