The Lanner FW-8910 targets the performance segment of the network security, NAC, WAN Acceleration and ADC markets, and offers the features of Intel's new C5500 processor, such as integrated memory controller, integrated PCI Express 2.0 controller and Quick Path Interconnect (QPI) technology.
"As a member of the Intel Embedded Alliance, Lanner strives to lead the industry in developing the most advanced hardware platforms on the latest Intel technologies such as the Intel Xeon processor C5500-series and Intel 3420 chipset," said Jesse Chiang, Product Planner, Lanner Network Communications. "Network security and acceleration solutions demand the highest levels of performance for enterprise-class networks, and performance is what the Lanner FW-8910 delivers."
"The new Xeon C5500-series feature multi-core and multi-threaded processing, allowing for vast improvements in network packet processing efficiency," said Frank Schapfel, director of marketing, Intel Performance Products Division. "Directly connecting GbE and 10GbE MACs to the integrated PCI Express controller allows network appliance manufacturers such as Lanner, to easily add sophisticated network connectivity."
A 2U rack mount platform, the FW-8910 includes up to five customized Ethernet modules for a combination of up to 40 LAN ports combining GbE copper, fiber and bypass port options. Furthermore, the FW-8910 supports multiple 10Gbps cards, either fiber or 10G Base-T copper, Lanner highlighted. Twelve DIMM sockets support up to 96GB DDR3 memory, and four 2.5-inch hard drives allow for RAID based data protection. High availability features include
- GIGABYTE Launches the BRIX Ultra Compact PC Kit
- AEWIN Introduces Newest Multiplayer Gaming System SGA-5010
- Carry Technology Highlights Thunderbolt and Wi-Fi Card Reader Series
- Imagination says third party IP becoming a key driving force for silicon vendors
- EverFocus launches ECOR960 X1 16CH with better image quality and more affordable price
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Efficient Network Management for Digital Signage
- Design Benefits of the MI/O Extension Solution
- ATO Solution Co., Ltd. to launch 1Gb SLC NAND Flash after 256Mb/512Mb mass production for the first time in Fab-less industry
- Chilisin's miniature power inductor in 0603/0805 sizes
- Chilisin introduces Thin-film chip inductor 0201 size
- Chilisin at 2012 electronics Munich A5/159 & 260
- Chilisin sunken-type molded power inductor for MXM Graphic application
Digitimes recently interviewed Bert Gyselinckx, general manager of the Holst Centre in Eindhoven, to...
Chaintech, a motherboard/graphics card maker, which quit the market once and returned recently, has...
Digitimes recently spoke with Karen Lightman, the executive director of MEMS Industry Group (MIG),...
In a relentless competition against rivals including Qualcomm, Nvidia and Media in the smartphone chipset...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...