The introduction of new Intel Core i7, i5 and i3 chips coincides with the arrival of Intel's new 32nm manufacturing process, which for the first time in the company's history will be used to immediately produce and deliver processors and features at a variety of price points, and integrate high-definition graphics inside the processor.
Intel unveiled several platform products, including more than 25 processors, wireless adapters and chipsets, including new Intel Core i7, i5 and i3 processors, Intel 5-series chipsets, and Intel Centrino Wi-Fi and WiMAX adapters that include new Intel My WiFi features. More than 400 notebook and desktop designs are expected from computer makers based on these products, with another 200 expected for embedded devices, Intel said.
- PowerByProxi aims to cooperate with Taiwan makers to explore wireless power market
- AZZURRO demonstrates high-yield production for GaN-on-Si voltage wafers
- Advantech Releases 6U CompactPCI Board with 4th Generation Intel Core i7 Processor
- Advantech to Support CompactPCI PlusIO and Serial Standards
- ABB to showcase leading-edge power distribution technologies at CIRED
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Efficient Network Management for Digital Signage
- Design Benefits of the MI/O Extension Solution
- Lose the switch, lose the loss: Cavendish Kinetics leverages MEMS for tunable RF components
- Cavendish Kinetics announces RF MEMS technology for improving wireless performance
- Solar trade dispute spreads to wine industry; gets personal
- Analogix eyes link between smartphones and HD displays
- Strong reaction from China, EU members over solar trade row
Dialog Semiconductor has managed to land solution orders from first-tier smartphone vendors in the...
Cavendish Kinetics recently announced the availability of production samples of its tunable RF capacitors...
Taiwan-based Chimei Group, once a major LCD panel maker, now focuses on providing upstream components...
Eight years ago, the Metro Ethernet Forum (MEF) defined the first carrier class networks and services...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...