- IC demand for PCs remains slow
- BenQ returns to Computex after 8-year absence
- Taiwan FPCB makers facing increasing competition from Japan for iPhone orders
- Osram wins preliminary judgment on LED latent infringement charge against Asustek
- EU starts anti-circumvention investigation of Taiwan solar firms
- Avago to buy Broadcom for US$37 billion
- AUO to debut new 4K smartphone display at SID Display Week
- Global TV panel shipments to reach record of 265 million units in 2015, says IHS
- Formosa Plastics developing dye-sensitized solar cells, says paper
- Lextar expects capacity utilization to rise to 80-90% in 3Q15
- Taiwan to talk with EU about PV circumvention probe
- China LCD TV vendors plan to procure 27-28 million Taiwan-produced panels in 2015, says CVIA executive
- China April polysilicon imports up 5.8% on month, says CNIA
- Advantech developing IoT base in northern Taiwan
- Panasonic to add BLU production lines at plants in Mexico and Brazil
- Digitimes Research: Global smartphone shipments in 2015 to reach 1.368 billion units
- TSMC to triple 16nm chip capacity by end-2016, says co-CEO
- Computex 2015: ASE to showcase SiP solutions
- Kortide developing operating platforms for IoT applications
- Worldwide server shipments grow 13% in 1Q15, while revenues increase 17.9%, says Gartner
- Wistron expanding presence in cloud computing industry, says paper
- China market: Foxconn launches smart electric car rental service
- China market: Smartisan to launch 5.5-inch smartphone, say reports
- Chunghwa Telecom reaches 2.34 million 4G users in 1 year
- Worldwide tablet growth will continue to slow in 2015, says IDC
Global demand for LED lighting will peak in 2018, with LED applications to acount for 70% of all lighting...
Through intensified cooperation with Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC) and MediaTek,...
Taiwan-based crystalline silicon solar cell makers have been impacted by the US imposing an average...
The IC backend service industry was capped by a flurry of merger and acquisition (M&A) activities...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...