- Pegatron lands China white-box tablet orders through Intel
- Global notebook demand to remain weak in 1H14, say Taiwan makers
- NAND flash suppliers to cut production to stabilize chip prices
- E Ink-developed Fina e-paper display adopted by PocketBook
- Sapphire ingot supplier Acme to return to profitability in 4Q13
- Digitimes Research: Notebook vendors and ODMs post shipment gains in November
- Digitimes Research: Global LCD TV shipments to reach 213 million units in 2014
- Aurora unveils first own-brand 3D printer
- Asustek aims to ship 5 million smartphones in 2014
- ECS expected to ship 14 million motherboards in 2013
- Mobile handsets to pass PCs as largest systems market and IC consumer, says IC Insights
- Semiconductor sales recover in 2013, says IHS
- PCB equipment supplier Machvision posts sequential revenue gains in November
- Samsung to launch Galaxy Note 3 Lite in 1Q14
- Smartphones, Ultra HD TVs to buoy Novatek revenues in 2014
- HTC November revenues meet market expectations
- Syncmold expects strong growth in hinge/stand shipments for TVs and AIOs in 2013
- ODMs to see TV shipments sink in 2013
- Everlight expects over 30% of 2014 revenues from LED lighting, says chairman
- Toshiba to acquire assets of OCZ for US$35 million
- Movea, Nuvoton team up to deliver motion-enabled embedded controllers for Windows 8.1 and Android devices
- Taiwan market: Chunghwa Telecom aims at 300,000 4G users by end of 2014
- BlackBerry may replace core hardware devices business with software services
- Memory backend service firms likely to scale down capex for 2014
- Chip resistor maker Ralec sees revenues up for November
Chunghwa Telecom (CHT), Taiwan Mobile (TWM) and Far EasTone Telecommunications (FET), the three largest...
Smartphone ODM Arima Communications has decided to expand its product lines to include tablets, smart...
While Mozilla has offered Firefox OS for less than two years, the operating system based on HTML5 and...
Cavendish Kinetics recently announced the availability of production samples of its tunable RF capacitors...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2010
The global handset market did not have a banner year in 2009, with overall shipments of 1.167 billion units representing a drop of 3.2% from the previous year,...
- Taiwan handset industry overview - Jun 2008
The use of handsets continues to grow around the world, both in mature and emerging markets, as the communication devices become ever more ingrained in people's...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2007
Global handset shipments topped 977 million units in 2006, according to Digitimes Research, with Taiwan-based handset makers accounting for 14% of the market on...